• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord Rp New World New Life OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I’m of the good, kinda just recovering from a small party. ^u^;;
How bout you my dude?

Nice! I just finished watching what’s available in the new season of Overlord and it’s been fairly interesting so far. Not enough crazy fight scenes and tactical battling planning so far in my opinion though, but then perhaps it would mirror the first season too much? Still, Overlord is cool either way so it’s not much of an issue. : )

Last edited:
Nice! I just finished watching what’s available in the new season of Overlord and it’s been fairly interesting so far. Not enough crazy fight scenes and tactical battling planning so far in my opinion though, but then perhaps it would mirror the first season too much? Still, Overlord is cool either way so it’s not much of an issue. : )
Uhm... to be fair, there wasn't that much tactical battle planning in the first season either. There was a ton of planning, but it was mostly non-battle related as Ainz would always just stomp the opponent

Uhm... to be fair, there wasn't that much tactical battle planning in the first season either. There was a ton of planning, but it was mostly non-battle related as Ainz would always just stomp the opponent
Well, that’s true. I was referring to the part where he strategically traded places with Gazef or the whole sequence where he fights Shalltear, but still- more fighting now! >;3

Well, that’s true. I was referring to the part where he strategically traded places with Gazef or the whole sequence where he fights Shalltear, but still- more fighting now! >;3
Judging by the oppening we're gonna get another big fight of Ainz vs a guardian it seems , probably a season finale

then again, the first opening (of the first season) had the cocytus vs lizardmen fight so it might also be something for the next season

Mekuto Mekuto Ok I've updated Andira, tell me if there's anything that you guys think should be taken off
I think Ki Clone and Silencing Gaze should be nerfed a little bit (Ki Clone from 5 to 4 or 3 clones and Silencing gaze... Actually, just make it take a bit of Ki and it's all cool), and I think Apeman Rage should consume a lot more HP and ki for giving her some of the highest damage of the game (especially since that stuff normally takes five or ten levels to activate) I think you over-compensated a bit, because the fact is with so many players and NPCs here we are bound to have people that counter each other or enter another dimension of strong. The fact is that I could totally see Marx's build being a broken exploit you would see in a soon to be patched MMO, and I could totally see how characters like Rain, Hoshiko and Loop managed to be made within the system.

Jeez, you guys sure have overpowered characters. I might add even more to her kit later...
The issue is a few people (looking at you, Cain) are ignoring the fact that several abilities that are high up take experience, or we just don't have proper counters for the characters present here.

I think Ki Clone and Silencing Gaze should be nerfed a little bit (Ki Clone from 5 to 4 or 3 clones and Silencing gaze... Actually, just make it take a bit of Ki and it's all cool), and I think Apeman Rage should consume a lot more HP and ki for giving her some of the highest damage of the game (especially since that stuff normally takes five or ten levels to activate) I think you over-compensated a bit, because the fact is with so many players and NPCs here we are bound to have people that counter each other or enter another dimension of strong. The fact is that I could totally see Marx's build being a broken exploit you would see in a soon to be patched MMO, and I could totally see how characters like Rain, Hoshiko and Loop managed to be made within the system.

The issue is a few people (looking at you, Cain) are ignoring the fact that several abilities that are high up take experience, or we just don't have proper counters for the characters present here.
Sounds good to me. Do you recommend a specific drainage for Apeman Rage?

Sounds good to me. Do you recommend a specific drainage for Apeman Rage?
I suggest 5% per 2 seconds, or 100% drainage in 40 seconds if you prefer to see it that way. And, if you want exploitative tips, use it is short bursts right before making attacks and end it immediately after the attack is made to extend the time she can use it by a lot.

Reis Reis Lol I feel like those bracelets were added specifically to combat me. xP
Also, how’d you reckon that durability loss interacts with me? Do I lose that durability on top of the damage?

I totally think it’s my fault that loads of people have durability breaking items, you wouldn’t normally see that in a build otherwise, right? X3

Reis Reis Lol I feel like those bracelets were added specifically to combat me. xP
Also, how’d you reckon that durability loss interacts with me? Do I lose that durability on top of the damage?

I totally think it’s my fault that loads of people have durability breaking items, you wouldn’t normally see that in a build otherwise, right? X3
I dunno about others, but I made Hoshiko before even looking at what other people did. The shield just ended up happening.

That gear totally wasn't added in to counter you. After all, we're all friends here right? Right?

I actually don't think my durability loss affects you at all. I mostly threw it in to be a bit more equal to you guys in ability.

If I may give my personal opinion, y'all are a bit too obsessed in matching prowess. I mean, I get that it's nice to compare characters and stuff but I feel that this is starting to reach the level where pretty much the whole guild is combat focused.

If I may give my personal opinion, y'all are a bit too obsessed in matching prowess. I mean, I get that it's nice to compare characters and stuff but I feel that this is starting to reach the level where pretty much the whole guild is combat focused.

Welp I'm not editing my character to be on par with anyone, I'm just interested in a sword-measuring contest. ; )
Plus it satiates my ego when That Lass Over There That Lass Over There talks about my character. ^U^

I entirely agree. I don't think the guild needs to be not combat focused though, and I've also stated that comparing characters is just a thing I'm doing for fun.

Oh! I wonder what you'd say about Loop
It's hard to do an entire segment on her and lay out the math since she's basically four different characters, but I can lay out what I think would be her battle results and why. Since I'm not going into the math, I'll try to be pretty descriptive about why and how she lost or won. (though, it ended up being about the same as the others in terms of descriptiveness)

I also think I need the mirror's effect cleaned up a bit, I was quite confused on how that would work and what it did. I just assumed it permanently sealed off two major attacks the opponent could and would use against her by reflecting them.

Matches (Game)
  • Loop vs Marx: As stated previously, Loop is not capable of the DPS needed to fell Marx and his super regeneration and the fight would be a one-sided slaughter. Might need to be reevaluated when Destructus Kloud nerfs the regen, but I still think even then it's just a bad match up where Loop is at a huge disadvantage. Steella Loop kind of counters Marx, but not enough to make it count without the aid of consumable items which I haven't been factoring into these matches.
  • Loop vs Rain: As stated previously, I think Steella loop would trample Rain if his Noble Fighter counted to her scissor's anti-noble effect.
  • Loop vs Cain: For once, I think Cain would actually win as long as he's not trying to get off his Ultimate shingding and sticks to the basics, avoiding using attacks that would one shot himself due to the mirror. It all depends on what he can tank of his own attacks.
  • Loop vs Gelzorn: I really feel bad for Gelzorn. I really do. This guy hasn't won a single of these match ups.
  • Loop vs Percival: I also feel bad for Percival, she isn't meant to be 1v1
  • Loop vs Valyire: I should really just stop putting these three in here.
  • Loop vs Hoshiko: This is a 50/50 fight, with a lot of reliance on how the two were programmed to fight. Due to the way Hoshiko was coded to fight, I believe this to be Loop's victory, if not just barely.
  • Loop vs (Revised) Andrina: Andrina has a lot of ways to deal Holy damage now, and thus is Loop's bane. Loop tried to keep distance as Bloodie Loop and failed to do so.
  • Loop vs Mekuto: 50/50. Should Mekuto get close, it's his win, but if Loop manages to keep his distance the battle goes to her.
  • Loop vs Brahxir: Brahxir vs Loop is honestly questionable - Brahxir, in essence, is supposed to be countered by Loop, but due to the sheer amount of ways he can dish out DPS that doesn't seem to mean much. I'm going to call this Brahxir's victory, though.
Matches (New World)
  • Loop vs Marx: Loop is now capable of thinking to run away. Hopefully she does, though her childish stubbornness she shares with Hoshiko might keep her from doing so.
  • Loop vs Rain: No significant change, though Loop fights a bit better and Rain is probably - for some odd reason - not as capable of dodging.
  • Loop vs Cain: Loop might get creative and manage to stop Cain's running, making it possible to enter close combat. Cain still is more likely to win, though, as the possibility of Loop getting creative enough to do that is slim.
  • Loop vs (Revised) Andrina: No change, Loop should never try to fight this battle.
  • Loop vs Mekuto: Once again, Loop isn't limited by her coding any more, so she'd likely be able to fight a bit better.
  • Loop vs Brahxir: Still super iffy.
  • Loop vs Hoshiko: This is where what I said about New World being horrible to her in these match-ups really comes into play and rears its head. Let me be blatant; unlike the Game, in the New World Hoshiko completely destroys Loop without taking a single hit. There is a way if Loop gets creative to damage Hoshiko, or if she spams a certain attack, but this match-up will always end in Hoshiko's victory. Let me explain the reasoning:
    Loop's main weapon against Hoshiko was the dodge chance reducing effect, and this allowed her to keep a level playing field accompanied by the mirror's effect sealing off Purifying Javelin. Hoshiko's AI wasn't exactly able to think up things she couldn't do, so she mainly had to rely on her dodge chance and block chance stats to mitigate damage. Now in New World, however, if it's not a skill, magic, raw stat, or item effect it is invalid. Not all YGGDRASIL systems apply in New World, and many are modified if only slightly. From what I've observed in the novels - and this is supposing dodge chance was even a thing in YGGDRASIL, to which there has been no evidence - dodge chance is one of those systems that are not a thing anymore. You are required to move your body on your own, and thus dodging in New World would just be called moving your hitbox out of the way instead of being recognized as a dodge. Thus, Hoshiko with an agility of 130 is completely and totally untouchable by normal means. This is why I said "all chances of winning a straight up physical fight with her have probably shriveled up and died." The only attack in Loop's arsenal that could do enough damage reliably to get somewhere is Reality Slash, and that's stated to be ridiculously costly in terms of MP. It's highly unlikely that Loop would be able to cast it enough to kill Hoshiko before Hoshiko and her Einherjar slaughtered Loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back