• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord Rp New World New Life OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I think three seconds is a good number, yeah.

Well then I already have the superior stun of 10s! Hahahahaha broken builds ftw!

Also by the by, I'd imagine one-handed weapons such as normal swords could probably attack once every second as a base number. Greatswords are larger and heavier but do more damage/stun/knockback/etc, so is 2s a good base attack speed? This of course doesn't factor in bonuses from characters.
Mekuto Mekuto Unless you wanna set these standards, or we can just go off this guesswork? :3

Well then I already have the superior stun of 10s! Hahahahaha broken builds ftw!

Also by the by, I'd imagine one-handed weapons such as normal swords could probably attack once every second as a base number. Greatswords are larger and heavier but do more damage/stun/knockback/etc, so is 2s a good base attack speed? This of course doesn't factor in bonuses from characters.
Mekuto Mekuto Unless you wanna set these standards, or we can just go off this guesswork? :3
I would assume that the game would have given a base attack speed of 3 seconds. In real life, Great swords aren't really that slow, but it takes forever to fix your stance after a swing or two.

I would assume that the game would have given a base attack speed of 3 seconds. In real life, Great swords aren't really that slow, but it takes forever to fix your stance after a swing or two.

Why 3 seconds? In Overlord their weapons were throwing in waaaaaay too many hits per second, even the low level dudes to an extent.
And yeah, for most people greatswords would be difficult to recover your stance from. However, with as much strength as Marx and with the class of champion, that really isn't much of an issue.

Why 3 seconds? In Overlord their weapons were throwing in waaaaaay too many hits per second, even the low level dudes to an extent.
And yeah, for most people greatswords would be difficult to recover your stance from. However, with as much strength as Marx and with the class of champion, that really isn't much of an issue.
In games I've played the heaviest weapons normally take 3 times the time of light weapons to attack. That's basically the only reason why. And yeah, I don't actually think YGGDRASIL had staple attack speeds for weapon types. I think it depends on your stats, instead.

Interesting thing to think on, how would the concept of DPS from Yggdrasil translate into the new world?

Interesting thing to think on, how would the concept of DPS from Yggdrasil translate into the new world?
Well, here are the things we know -
  1. Areas that used to be for critical strikes now tend to be insta-kills
  2. Ainz swung around two huge hunks of metal like they were nothing because his Physical Attack - what is considered strength in most games - is pretty high when under perfect warrior's effects.
  3. People receive physical wounds and can be disemboweled in New World, both of which I think weren't features in YGGDRASIL since it is mentioned that avatars are pretty static.
  4. New World residents tend to be 30 or under in terms of YGGDRASIL levels, over 35 is the realm of heroes and gods
  5. It seems to be very possible to kill a high level person with a very weak attack to a vital in New World based on the fighting strategies and techniques New World residents have developed.
Based on these five things, I think we're better off abandoning any approach that would have us view New World to comply to YGGDRASIL damage conventions, and just knowing that damage is relevant to both strength and the area hit.
It seems most damage, judging by dialogue, is translated as a feeling of pain, moreso than an actual effect, at least as far as magic goes.
The "this is what pain feels like" comment, huh.

Are we just gonna have free reign with spells?
Inside the reasonable, yeah. Pretty sure you're free to just make up new spells during the RP without even needing to add them to the sheet unless it's remarkably OP.

Well, here are the things we know -
  1. Areas that used to be for critical strikes now tend to be insta-kills
  2. Ainz swung around two huge hunks of metal like they were nothing because his Physical Attack - what is considered strength in most games - is pretty high when under perfect warrior's effects.
  3. People receive physical wounds and can be disemboweled in New World, both of which I think weren't features in YGGDRASIL since it is mentioned that avatars are pretty static.
  4. New World residents tend to be 30 or under in terms of YGGDRASIL levels, over 35 is the realm of heroes and gods
  5. It seems to be very possible to kill a high level person with a very weak attack to a vital in New World based on the fighting strategies and techniques New World residents have developed.
Based on these five things, I think we're better off abandoning any approach that would have us view New World to comply to YGGDRASIL damage conventions, and just knowing that damage is relevant to both strength and the area hit.

The "this is what pain feels like" comment, huh.
And also Shaltear's "that really hurt!" at the start of her fight with Ainz

Mekuto Mekuto Edited the "Other" section of my levels to specify that Marx has the Paladin and Knight classes.

Also, what's going on with the rp? We still waiting for people? I think it'd be good to start this off now and let people catch up.

Sorry been busy this weekend, the reason I was pushing the rp forward in the first place is because exactly as you said Kloud, inactivity kills rps.

Also as I reread some of the novel I was mistaken on the super tier spells requiring xp, certain tier 10 spells (Ainz strongest summons) do require xp. Super Tier spells function like skills, they do not require mana, but have long casting times and cooldown periods. Also friendly fire is a thing so you'd have to be careful when using large scale abilities.

Also as I reread some of the novel I was mistaken on the super tier spells requiring xp, certain tier 10 spells (Ainz strongest summons) do require xp. Super Tier spells function like skills, they do not require mana, but have long casting times and cooldown periods. Also friendly fire is a thing so you'd have to be careful when using large scale abilities.
Yeah, some tier ten spells cost 5 levels, many super tier spells (like wish upon a star) cost levels, often 10 though it may vary, and some skills also cost levels if I remember correctly. I don't think we've seen any skills that cost levels though.

Yeah, some tier ten spells cost 5 levels, many super tier spells (like wish upon a star) cost levels, often 10 though it may vary, and some skills also cost levels if I remember correctly. I don't think we've seen any skills that cost levels though.
Wait, so our characters lose their levels by using skills? Will I lose some of my classes by using certain skills then?

Wait, so our characters lose their levels by using skills? Will I lose some of my classes by using certain skills then?
Just some spells, normally ones that are bound to break the game's balance (i.e. summoning beings of a similar level as yourself or directly acquiring something that should be restricted through a wish). I don't think any xp consuming skill was mentioned in the novels.

Ainz to my knowledge has been avoiding xp draining moves, other than his attempt to use Wish Upon A Star, which didn't work so we aren't sure if it cost him, on top of that max level players can build additional xp.(one level worth) In the novel Ainz maxes this reservoir out in an attempt to see if he could level up further. Fun fact he has a world class Item Greed and Generosity that allows xp to be stored and saved within it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back