• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord Rp New World New Life OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood and thought that it was more akin to possession and less like binding his soul.
Then, yeah, he's unbeatable. We don't have anyone that can kill him. He's a raid boss. A complete monster. A bundle of broken game mechanics. The type of guy you commission an entire guild of bounty hunters just to kill once.
No, I still think Hoshiko and Andira have a fair chance of doing some decent damage, but I think I might nerf that regen to 5% recovery per hit after all.

I'm not sure what Astral Smite does, but I think just having very high dps, good dodge/agility and/or durability breaking gear is a surefire way to counter Marx. But remember, we're all on the same team here so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm not sure what Astral Smite does, but I think just having very high dps, good dodge/agility and/or durability breaking gear is a surefire way to counter Marx. But remember, we're all on the same team here so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Astral Smite is an anti-ethereal spell, which would have been Hoshiko's - or anyone's, really - only way to kill Marx solo if it weren't for the fact that he is no longer an ethereal being.

RPGLinx RPGLinx That cash shop ring has to be edited man. 15% mana per second and you can spend 100% mana for a 100% boost in stats. That's waaaaay too broken, you could scale up to the point where hitting you would probably take health away from the attacker instead. :/
Besides, even without the ring you're fairly powerful, so editing it should still leave you pretty well off.

RPGLinx RPGLinx giving my own 5 cents while using the overwhelmingly slow Wi-Fi of the hospital, while I like the thought of receiving yet another character for the cast, I feel that there are several issues with you character in relation to power level (and also have some suggestions in relation to wording and levels). I'll try to point out the main ones in the following message:

Well, to start with let's talk about "I Am Evil Incarnate" - specifically about how it's simply absurd. While I personally like boosting status and the like, with my own character having an ultimate ability related to doing so, this one is simply broken. A 100% ability boost is already overwhelming to the point of being impossible to fight with normal means, imagine a 500% one with 10 seconds of invincibility as an extra and undefined time span. It simply completely breaks the balance. Even freaking Marx (previously mentioned as being absurd to the point of being almost a field boss in player form) would be easily overwhelmed if target by even half of this.
I also have some specific issues in relation to leveling related to this ability, but I'll expand on this after adressing some other issues.
Seriously, make it at most 100% if you want it to stack with obsidian nightmare boost. Even like that it'll still be pretty much the strongest boost amongst all the chars.
Tl;dr: Too op, nerf dis overwhelmingly or it simply doesn't work.

Obsidian Nightmare:
I actually like the specific idea behind this armor - focusing on status boosting based on MP - but it falls in the same issue as the first one: It's broken af. I get that you may not be familiar with how Overlord status system works, but even minor changes in status are actually expressive af. Doubling your status easily and with seemingly no time limit is simply breaking the game.
If I had to recommend something, it would be to cap the increase in at most 50% (what is already OP af).

Racial Levels:
Well, this one is actually mostly an easily fixable one. Since you're planning to base your character around being a top-class demon, 30 racial levels are most certainly not enough to justify abilities as powerful as "I Am Evil Incarnate". I mean, Demiurge has 35 and stops in the "arch" level (presumably not the top of the race). I personally recommend investing at least 40-45 levels to make it seem more believable (mostly because that's what I did for my first character, who has a similar ability).

Bonus: As a quick tip, I recommend fixing some stuff about your racial classes names, since inserting "demonic" before everything makes them seen more like job classes that races. My recommendations are deleting the demonic warrior race (since it is pretty much redundand, since every demon is supposed to be warrior-ish according to the race's specifics) and changing "High Demonic" and "Demonic King" to "Archdemon" and "Demon King" instead (Or keep "High Demonic" as a racial class before Archdemon. Just name it High Demon instead).

Edit: Also, adding a Imp (10) to fill some space is a good idea since most demons and devils seem to start as an Imp.

Last edited:
I think it looks pretty solid otherwise.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Mekuto Mekuto What about you guys?
RPGLinx RPGLinx giving my own 5 cents while using the overwhelmingly slow Wi-Fi of the hospital, while I like the thought of receiving yet another character for the cast, I feel that there are several issues with you character in relation to power level (and also have some suggestions in relation to wording and levels). I'll try to point out the main ones in the following message:

Well, to start with let's talk about "I Am Evil Incarnate" - specifically about how it's simply absurd. While I personally like boosting status and the like, with my own character having an ultimate ability related to doing so, this one is simply broken. A 100% ability boost is already overwhelming to the point of being impossible to fight with normal means, imagine a 500% one with 10 seconds of invincibility as an extra and undefined time span. It simply completely breaks the balance. Even freaking Marx (previously mentioned as being absurd to the point of being almost a field boss in player form) would be easily overwhelmed if target by even half of this.
I also have some specific issues in relation to leveling related to this ability, but I'll expand on this after adressing some other issues.
Seriously, make it at most 100% if you want it to stack with obsidian nightmare boost. Even like that it'll still be pretty much the strongest boost amongst all the chars.
Tl;dr: Too op, nerf dis overwhelmingly or it simply doesn't work.

Obsidian Nightmare:
I actually like the specific idea behind this armor - focusing on status boosting based on MP - but it falls in the same issue as the first one: It's broken af. I get that you may not be familiar with how Overlord status system works, but even minor changes in status are actually expressive af. Doubling your status easily and with seemingly no time limit is simply breaking the game.
If I had to recommend something, it would be to cap the increase in at most 50% (what is already OP af).

Racial Levels:
Well, this one is actually mostly an easily fixable one. Since you're planning to base your character around being a top-class demon, 30 racial levels are most certainly not enough to justify abilities as powerful as "I Am Evil Incarnate". I mean, Demiurge has 35 and stops in the "arch" level (presumably not the top of the race). I personally recommend investing at least 40-45 levels to make it seem more believable (mostly because that's what I did for my first character, who has a similar ability).

Bonus: As a quick tip, I recommend fixing some stuff about your racial classes names, since inserting "demonic" before everything makes them seen more like job classes that races. My recommendations are deleting the demonic warrior race (since it is pretty much redundand, since every demon is supposed to be warrior-ish according to the race's specifics) and changing "High Demonic" and "Demonic King" to "Archdemon" and "Demon King" instead (Or keep "High Demonic" as a racial class before Archdemon. Just name it High Demon instead).
Make this feel a little less harsh and you have my opinion.
Other than that; WOW SO MUCH DPS HOLY CRAP, WE GET SO MANY CHARACTERS AND ONLY THREE/FOUR AREN'T DPS? DAYUM.

But yeah, you really have to be careful with stats; Overlord is like D&D in the fact that just having one or two stat points more than the other person makes you a literal god to them.

But yeah, you really have to be careful with stats; Overlord is like D&D in the fact that just having one or two stat points more than the other person makes you a literal god to them.
I'm pretty sure its stats system is literally inspired in D&D. Overlord takes a lot of stuff from D&D.

Well, despite the fact somebody forgot to mention me on the opinion department, since you asked for opinions/feedback I'll share mine with you:
1. 500% increase is completely busted, especially with no time limits. Any major ability ought to have a short time limit for starters unless it's part of a particular specific character mechanic in which case it should have built-in weaknesses (for instance, my rebirth brings back all my allies from the dead periodically, however it does the same for my enemies)

2.Defense is the real lifeblood of characters, most of the time. The effect isn't broken by itself (since it is limited), but it's really something major and should be a bit more reserved for uses than 5. I'd say 3 is the biggest stretch.
edit: i was referring to your sword here

3.Black Amulet- have you done the math on this one? 15% means you get your full MP back in literally five seconds seconds, your MP regenerates faster than you can spend it...

4.A little deserved praise, I love how much like a edgelord the character seems. I mean that in the good way, as in I can totally see that NPC being built by a PVP-obsessed shut in, so he really makes sense as a character. That said, I think you ought not to half-ass it: Don't make him caring or protective or anything like that, if you're gonna make him based on evil, at least go all the way with it and actually make his few redeeming qualities be based on his expertise or something. Say Sherlock Holmes can be a manipulative selfish and greedy asshole, but he can still be likeable due to being a competent badass at what he does. Likewise instead of making your character try to gain sympathy by being something that actually breaks the character, make him a full-blown irredimable asshole but simply be so proactive and such a great underling to have that it can be overlooked.
Edit: in fact, saying his alignment in the end falls into chaotic neutral not only makes no sense but would actually disable pretty much every ability you have so far

5, By the by, adapting the karma mechanic into your character is a brilliant idea. Again, you should go all the way with it since it is the centrla theme of your charatcer (in fact, maybe you could add more spells and skills that play with the karma in more varied ways? Like, why not try limiting yourself by making your weapons and abilities more conditional to the type of enemy you're fighting?) but still it is quite brilliant.
Clapping.gif

Last edited:
I could even do it like immediately the issue is that I don't have ANY experience. if there just were people willing to DM...
I don't have the time to DM, but I'd totally play as a player. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back