• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord Rp New World New Life OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ainz to my knowledge has been avoiding xp draining moves, other than his attempt to use Wish Upon A Star, which didn't work so we aren't sure if it cost him, on top of that max level players can build additional xp.(one level worth) In the novel Ainz maxes this reservoir out in an attempt to see if he could level up further. Fun fact he has a world class Item Greed and Generosity that allows xp to be stored and saved within it.
Yep, he's been using that stored XP to fuel some of his spells

I didn't want to have a bland exterior so the pyramid area is a living space, but not the true guildhall. It's something like a foyer, that leads to NPC floors then the main hall. Hence why it isn't as finely adorned as the 9th floor, it's considered indefensible and thus only for show.

I didn't want to have a bland exterior so the pyramid area is a living space, but not the true guildhall. It's something like a foyer, that leads to NPC floors then the main hall. Hence why it isn't as finely adorned as the 9th floor, it's considered indefensible and thus only for show.
I'm confused. So which is the exposed area?

I'm confused. So which is the exposed area?
The design goes pyramid, then floors 1-8, then the main guildhall on the 9th floor, then the vault.

The pyramid is sort of an auxiliary guildhall, and is an aesthetic. So you enter through the pyramid and once you make your way through the pyramid we can then enter the dungeon and make your way to the true guildhall.

Since cooperation and alliances with other guilds or players wasn't out of the question we designed the pyramid with the idea of receiving guests without letting them enter the tomb proper.

Well, my character would have no idea anything would be different. I can make a simple introduction post for her, but I think I should finish designing her floor before I do that.

By the way Mekuto Mekuto is what I posted for the floor ok?

Well, my character would have no idea anything would be different. I can make a simple introduction post for her, but I think I should finish designing her floor before I do that.

By the way Mekuto Mekuto is what I posted for the floor ok?
Oh yeah, it's great I get the feeling that our Tomb is just built for attrition, to physically and mentally ware down any player that tried to take us on.

One of my floors is a shifting maze that forces you to split up to solve it and the other is a battlefield with an army of several thousand regenerating golems. And once you get done with that you go on to a floor that would take even more time. We were sadists.

Oh yeah, it's great I get the feeling that our Tomb is just built for attrition, to physically and mentally ware down any player that tried to take us on.

One of my floors is a shifting maze that forces you to split up to solve it and the other is a battlefield with an army of several thousand regenerating golems. And once you get done with that you go on to a floor that would take even more time. We were sadists.
I think all of these floors are sadistic and/or awesome. I think that the 8th floor, the 4th floor, and the several thousand golems are the worst of it, though.

I just realised when I was looking back at your math work That Lass Over There That Lass Over There , but how would all my physical/magical defence and resists affect my battle chances? Because my whole build emphasises mitigating loads of incoming damage, so it's probably a lot. I'm not sure what precedent of mitigation we should set, but if its real high then I think I might actually nerf my durability regen.

Also yeah, that sucks. :/

I just realised when I was looking back at your math work That Lass Over There That Lass Over There , but how would all my physical/magical defence and resists affect my battle chances? Because my whole build emphasises mitigating loads of incoming damage, so it's probably a lot. I'm not sure what precedent of mitigation we should set, but if its real high then I think I might actually nerf my durability regen.

Also yeah, that sucks. :/
Let me put it like this: if I had taken the mitigation into account, nobody would have been able to deal significant enough damage to even warrant Marx's monstrous regen. It truly speaks to how well-built as well as how much of a counter to him Hoshiko is that she's able to bring that match to a stalemate.
And well, Brahxir would still win because the debuff bypasses the armor's durability and goes straight for Marx's real HP of his ethereal body. He and Hoshiko are basically the only ones capable of living through the fight without straight-out running away, though. I don't even think Mekuto with that ability of his spear could fight Marx without eventually being defeated.
I honestly think mitigation just makes it worse; either way, Marx is going to recover faster than he'll take damage in most scenarios, and even has several methods at his disposal to fight on even after his sword and armor are broken. Rather than nerfing the regen directly, I think you should nerf the armor's durability. Also, putting a limit on his spells to regen and remake the armor and weapons would be good.
I don't actually think his near invincibility is a bad thing, since with his movement speed and the fact that heavy weapons are extremely hard to hit with he's basically incapable of doing anything except tanking attacks against an opponent of equal level.

Let me put it like this: if I had taken the mitigation into account, nobody would have been able to deal significant enough damage to even warrant Marx's monstrous regen. It truly speaks to how well-built as well as how much of a counter to him Hoshiko is that she's able to bring that match to a stalemate.
And well, Brahxir would still win because the debuff bypasses the armor's durability and goes straight for Marx's real HP of his ethereal body. He and Hoshiko are basically the only ones capable of living through the fight without straight-out running away, though. I don't even think Mekuto with that ability of his spear could fight Marx without eventually being defeated.
I honestly think mitigation just makes it worse; either way, Marx is going to recover faster than he'll take damage in most scenarios, and even has several methods at his disposal to fight on even after his sword and armor are broken. Rather than nerfing the regen directly, I think you should nerf the armor's durability. Also, putting a limit on his spells to regen and remake the armor and weapons would be good.
I don't actually think his near invincibility is a bad thing, since with his movement speed and the fact that heavy weapons are extremely hard to hit with he's basically incapable of doing anything except tanking attacks against an opponent of equal level.
I hate to do this bud, but you've misunderstood Marx's health. Marx has no health, technically, and instead relies on the armour's durability as a substitute. So while he'd technically have less overall hitpoints than a normal non-ethereal tank at his level, he is not affected by debuffs that specifically target health. That's why the durability-breaking stuff is so deadly, because as soon as Marx's armour breaks, his ethereal body is banished and he is killed (ignoring his other revival skills, of course). I think I explained this in the "Ethereal Being" passive ability in the cs and its the reason why I'm worried about people like Andira and not so much about Braxir.

I hate to do this bud, but you've misunderstood Marx's health. Marx has no health, technically, and instead relies on the armour's durability as a substitute. So while he'd technically have less overall hitpoints than a normal non-ethereal tank at his level, he is not affected by debuffs that specifically target health. That's why the durability-breaking stuff is so deadly, because as soon as Marx's armour breaks, his ethereal body is banished and he is killed (ignoring his other revival skills, of course). I think I explained this in the "Ethereal Being" passive ability in the cs and its the reason why I'm worried about people like Andira and not so much about Braxir.
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood and thought that it was more akin to possession and less like binding his soul.
Then, yeah, he's unbeatable. We don't have anyone that can kill him. He's a raid boss. A complete monster. A bundle of broken game mechanics. The type of guy you commission an entire guild of bounty hunters just to kill once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back