• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Outbreak (Post Apocalyptic - immediate future)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Virus outbreak

On the 13th of September 2020 news report of a sudden outbreak of an unclassified deadly virus in the eastern states of the USA. Within hours hundreds of thousands are infected and riots start to erupt as panic settles in. After exposure to the virus life expectancy is estimated to be a mere 48 hours, with no cure at hand chaos is complete.
The CDC and Homeland security declare a nationwide state of emergency, ordering everyone to stay indoors and prevent physical contact with the infected. All airports are closed, neighboring countries such as Canada closes its borders to prevent contamination from USA refugees.

The Army and National guard are deployed to quarantine the eastern states. They are ordered to prevent refugees and the infected from escaping by any means necessary. News reports of US soldiers killing US citizens and an infected president. The majority of the government officials are killed by the virus and a small delegation of the USA government flees to Anchorage, Alaska.

Outbreak map

(Infected area's)

World response
Due to the aggressive nature and unknown origin of the virus, the United Nations enforce an iron curtain surrounding the USA only to carry out multiple food drops. Only military flights are allowed to the continent of Northern America and trading over sea becomes forbidden. With the USA now totally isolated from the world, rumors tell of outbreaks in other countries. In November when winter settles down on the USA, most of the population has died. As sudden as the virus appeared, it vanished, leaving the few remaining people behind.

Outbreak crisis

Horror winter
A terrible winter held the USA in its grip. The status of other countries remains unknown, but food drops suddenly have stopped. The few remaining people are having a hard time to keep themselves alive and until spring the world seemed to have stopped. Now the temperatures are getting warmer and it's time to find out who made it.

Characters
Blank CS
You may create more than one, but please don’t overdo it.

You MAY create a small group of minor NPC’s that have survived with you, but if so, your character should be their leader. In other words, they look to you to survive. This can mean an US/THEM mentality. If you add such a group, supply pics and names and a very basic description. I do NOT want a bunch of nameless faceless NPC’s.

Setting
America. Let’s avoid having a group of nothing but foreigners in a US based post apocalypse RP. This wasn’t an invasion. (You would be surprised at how often this has happened to me.)

It has been perhaps 6 months since the outbreak. Gas will last a little longer; diesel a little over 6 more months. However, utilities are down - no electricity to run the gas pumps, no internet, GPS is failing badly, water and sewage is gone.

Links

I am interested in participating in this group roleplay. Commenting so I don't lose the thread. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I prefer realistic. But mainly I want to connect a face to a name.

There is a link to the CS thread ... as well as a blank CS. Oh, I do prefer to avoid animated gifs unless hidden. (Tumors behind my eyes have weakened the muscles to where I can't focus on text near something moving.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back