• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

While I honestly don't mind who my characters end up with, I'm going to go along with the list Les Paul made and rank the weapons/meisters based off how well they would get along/resonate with them.

Dai:
1 - Yuri.

They're fairly similar in terms of attitude and tenacity. Yuri also serves both as a devastating weapon capable of dealing huge amounts of blunt trauma, and a blade--something Dai would definitely be able to get down with easily.

2 - Lucien.
Although he'd probably piss Dai off frequently, Lucien is one of the most optimal weapons for Dai to use. The only reason he isn't in the number one spot is because their differences in cuisine, mainly Lucien's pickiness about it. Dai would probably really dislike him at first, which would result in wavelength issues.

3 - The Taghan Twins (Or, just one of them).
As I mentioned before, Dai fights best when using anything that has any type of cutting edge, and axe twins definitely fit that description. While he might be capable of wielding two weapons at once (I haven't put much thought into it, and of course I'll have to ask before I say he can), his overwhelming wavelength may be a little too much for them. If the madness wavelength somehow bleeds into him during resonation, that may turn out to be pretty nasty, too.

4 - Noelle.
"An umbrella?! I ain't using a stupid umbrella!" (What's the fun of pairing up with myself? 😅 )

5 - Adelle.
Dai is one of the most unappealing men you'll ever meet. His hands will start burning the second he uses her as a weapon for sure.

----

Noelle:
This is going to be a bit more difficult, since I think she's capable of getting along with just about every meister.

1 - Edgar.
They're both fans of quick, precise takedowns, and Noelle is perfect for him to tank attacks with while he learns more about his opponent. While Noelle can appreciate that, she will not be able to put up with the time he takes to calculate and come up with a solution for very long. They are also both tacticians, and their ideas and plans for combat may result in clashes between them.

2 - Luka.
Noelle can respect the girl's capability to use most weapons, and will appreciate the interest that Luka will probably initially take in her once their partnership began. Her strictness in combat may be too much for Luka at times, however, as Noelle does not fear holding back.

3 - Yuan (Dongmei).
Noelle and Yuan would get along well, especially since she has absolutely no problem exploiting weak points for her own gain. Her clairvoyant wavelength would also help with swift kills. Their personalities would likely cause some conflicts between them at times, but it probably wouldn't be anything they couldn't get over within the next few minutes after an argument.

4 - Cole.
You know, I had originally planned for Noelle to be some kind of umbrella-gun hybrid, but I felt like that would just be too much. It goes without saying that Noelle and Cole, while they'd probably get along greatly as classmates and teammates, Cole's natural attraction to ranged weapons severs any chances they'd have as partners.

5 - Dai
No. Absolutely not. Noelle would go insane!

Nobody Special Nobody Special I find it markedly funny that Noelle's compatibility with Dai due to his personality is so low that she would make a better teammate with an objectively inferior Meister for her combat style. Lol

I found a second picture for the twins that gives a bit of a glimpse into their personalities.

21359c11851884d46f52a3186b2c60db--anime-chibi-manga-anime.jpg

That is a very Celtic feeling character. His brother shouldn't be a claymore, though. He should be a gallowglass. Although I have a character that's a gallowglass that I might be able to use in the future >.>

That is a very Celtic feeling character. His brother shouldn't be a claymore, though. He should be a gallowglass. Although I have a character that's a gallowglass that I might be able to use in the future >.>

Not gonna lie, I made the younger sister a Claymore for the little girl/big sword gag

Literally I have a sibling pair that I made that is legit a arm mounted round shield and a gallowglass duo. The brother is even named Brennan. The sister is named Niamh, though.

Tagging people who haven't replied yet.

Jhin Jhin Japanime Japanime QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Partner preferences? The rp is starting in Tuesday probably in the morning. If you have thoughts or preferences, I need them before then.

Quirky, I know you have kinda mentioned some thoughts for Lucien. I am more looking fir thoughts on Yuan if you have any. Also, I am curious... Do you thank Luka and Lucien could work?

Nobody Nobody Solarknight Solarknight The RP is starting in Tuesday so character submissions are due by then.

Sorry for the wait. Organizing my thoughts is a bit of a doozy and Lucien doesn’t make things easy given his personality. This is his list based solely on compatibility and ease of resonance:

#1. Edgar. He's a precise and accurate fighter, which fits with Lucien's meticulous nature in the kitchen . The 'proper' way to wield a chef's knife so to speak. Lucien would have nothing to complain about on the battlefield. Both like long black coats. Both cook well (though Lucien is better *cough*). There are some differences between them in terms of personality (such as Lucien being more emotionally/aesthetically-driven as compared to Edgar who seems more numbers-driven), but like doesn't always pair well with like in Lucien's case and I doubt Edgar would mind Lucien being his opinionated self all that much. Lucien might find Edgar a little boring, but I don’t think they’d have any problems getting along since they seem to have similar tastes. The only issue would be the madness wavelength that Lucien has no special defense against is likely to awaken a bit of vampiric nature in him…but that’s not necessarily a bad thing either =P

#2. Yuan. There's no special likeness between them, but there are no problems either. Yuan doesn't particularly care about making a death scythe, so she wouldn’t mind his pickiness with food...but I could see her tricking him into eating kishin eggs as well. He'd find her soul interesting at the very least at least and she, despite her manipulative personality (or maybe because of it), doesn't generally have a problem getting along with others regardless of how opinioned or self absorbed they are. Both are fairly tenacious in getting what they want – they just use different methods of doing so.

#3. Dai. I pretty much agree with Nobody's assessment. They actually share many similarities including tenacity, pride, arrogance, and a degree of selfishness that make it difficult for them to get along with others. They are both emotionally-driven. Their difference lies in their particular tastes with Luce being more 'refined' and Dai being more wild/unrestrained. Anger issues don’t help. I won't pretend that resonance for them would be breeze, but if they could achieve a degree of balance between them think I it’s possible for them to work together provided Dai leaves Lucien alone in the kitchen and Lucien accepts Dai’s savagery in the battlefield (without complaining too much) . Dai likes cutting things. Lucien is a knife. Of all the meister characters in RIP thus far, he’s probably the one that can make the best use of a blood-siphoning blade since he likes to keep close ranged.

#4. Cole. Similar to Yuan and Edgar, Cole and Lucien wouldn’t really have a problem with their personalities clashing, but they don't have very many similarities either. Luce likes to dress stylish and Cole has a background personality. Luce may find it a little boring, but isn't particularly antagonistic towards it. Snipers also tend to be accurate a precise which fits with Luce fighting-style wise. Their main issue is that Cole’s wavelength isn’t very suited to swords…and Lucien is very clearly a sword. A close-ranged one at that. At the very least a knife is easy enough to throw, but I don’t know how well they’d work resonating…at the very least, I don’t really see Cole making the best use of a broad sword.

#5. Luka. An emotionally-driven character and an autistic child that struggles to understand emotions…I don’t think they’ll help each other much. Lucien being the haughty/critical person he is wouldn’t help…and even if they do resonate, Luce would probably be even pickier about food/souls and Luka may get taste meltdown. Personality compatibility can be resolved with effort (and if Luce starts acting his age), but I’m not sure there’s anything that be done about their respective wavelengths unless we’re going with exposure therapy…

Yuan, on the other hand, can get along with most other so it’s a little tricky to rank =P None of the personalities thus far are especially compatible with her, but she has no issues with any of them either so I’m just going with the weapons that would look best with her. Here’s a tentative ranking :

#1. Yuri. Out of all the weapons, she's the most similar to Yuan in terms of personality. Both are ruthless and driven to achieve their ends. Their methods are different and Yuan isn’t as showy (more snake-like), but as former heiress to a crime syndicate, Yuan would be familiar with Yuri’s type. She could also appreciate the versatility of Yuri’s weapon form...though she doesn't exactly share Yuri's sadism so there may be potential clashes there.

#2. The Taghan Twins. Yuan is good with tonfas so duel-wielding shouldn’t be a problem. Yuan is familiar with being a leader and dealing with different personalities so I don’t think she’d have problem with team resonances. Though she doesn’t particularly have a special defense against madness, she’s logic-oriented so doesn’t isn’t especially prone to it either…

#3. Aiden. A redhead duo lol. If he’s her partner, Yuan will be using her fists and she would appreciate his protection. Since she’s new to DWMA so she’s not likely to compare him to anyone. They both have a big family with expectations placed on them as well...so there's similarities there I guess.

#4. Noelle. They’re both hard workers with high expectations of them themselves so they could probably get along in that regard. Yuan is also familiar with umbrella dances and no real difficulty using unconventional weapons. In fact, she’d like the subtlety since it’d be easy to catch their opponents off guard.

#5. Lucien. See his list.

#6. Adelle. Personality-wise, they wouldn’t have that much difficulty or anything, but Yuan isn’t particularly familiar with stone age weapons so there’d a bit of a learning curve. Other than that though, she’d appreciate the versatility of a multiweapon. Duel-leaders may clash a bit what with Adelle’s tendency to backseat lead, but I don’t think it’s anything that can’t be resolved either since Yuan is perfectly fine doing her work in the shadows.

Last edited:
My current thoughts on pairings are as follows:
  • Yuan + Yuri
  • Dai + Lucien
  • Edgar + Noelle
  • Luka + Grace & Erica
  • Cole + Adelle
I know this list doesn’t account for Aiden, but we have two more meisters (Prizzy and Vale) incoming and one more weapon (Solarknight) incoming, so it is my hope that with those characters, we can accommodate everyone who is submitted and accepted.

ALSO, MASSIVE REMINDER TO EVERYONE, OOC ACTIVITY IS REQUIRED AS PART IF THIS RP. PEOPLE WHO ARE INACTIVE OOC ARE GOING TO GET THE BOOT VERY QUICKLY BECAUSE YOUR INACTIVITY OOC HURTS YOUR PARTNER'S ABILITY TO RP!!!

I might be a little inactive during my workdays and so on so forth but I'll give y'all a heads up. Cooking on meister ideas now

I might be a little inactive during my workdays and so on so forth but I'll give y'all a heads up. Cooking on meister ideas now
Its not really a daily requirement. More like... If there is a conversation that takes up two pages, I expect everyone to be paying attention and throwing in their 2 cents. If someone makes a comment that implies they haven't read the past few pages of OOC, Im gonna explode.

Pay attention. If someone asks for your thoughts on something, make sure your next OOC post addresses it.

Stuff like that.

Its not really a daily requirement. More like... If there is a conversation that takes up two pages, I expect everyone to be paying attention and throwing in their 2 cents. If someone makes a comment that implies they haven't read the past few pages of OOC, Im gonna explode.

Pay attention. If someone asks for your thoughts on something, make sure your next OOC post addresses it.

Stuff like that.
Duh, I'll still be hoping for tags if it's a question regarding me specifically though, or I'll be less likely to offer it too much thought.

People have already occupied the niches that I was hoping to, so I'll just throw my character idea in and see if it fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back