• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Just an update to Aiden: I got to wondering how heavy he would be just... normally, so I did some calculations. Added them to his sheet and clarified a few things about his shield form. Turns out, he weighs far less than I expected, even being made out of all metal, and I tried to keep his proportions within realistic albeit slightly historically inaccurate because style points matter.

Just an update to Aiden: I got to wondering how heavy he would be just... normally, so I did some calculations. Added them to his sheet and clarified a few things about his shield form. Turns out, he weighs far less than I expected, even being made out of all metal, and I tried to keep his proportions within realistic albeit slightly historically inaccurate because style points matter.

If your souls are compatible, even a little girl could pick up a tower shield demon weapon whereas Cole might struggle to pick up a knife demon weapon that doesn't like him so I wouldn't worry too much about weight ^_^

If your souls are compatible, even a little girl could pick up a tower shield demon weapon whereas Cole might struggle to pick up a knife that doesn't like him so I wouldn't worry too much about weight ^_^

Yeah! That's actually part of Aiden's whole theme. But I got to wondering it more thinking about how much force would just be behind a shield bash or if someone tried to use Aiden without that match. I was thinking he would be a few hundred pounds, but with some basic surface area calculation and taking into consideration the normal sizes for Roman tower shields and the extra Ornamentation, Aiden still only comes out to about 66lb. That's... Not something I mean I could effectively wield, but I mean most of us could at least probably move an object that weight around the house.

Yeah! That's actually part of Aiden's whole theme. But I got to wondering it more thinking about how much force would just be behind a shield bash or if someone tried to use Aiden without that match. I was thinking he would be a few hundred pounds, but with some basic surface area calculation and taking into consideration the normal sizes for Roman tower shields and the extra Ornamentation, Aiden still only comes out to about 66lb. That's... Not something I mean I could effectively wield, but I mean most of us could at least probably move an object that weight around the house.

tenor.png

Lol, gotcha.

I was mostly joking, to be honest. Lol I had actually considered that same thing and realized that is not a functional pair up.

While I think either pair up would work, I imagine Collah will probably be best for the individual characters and RP overall. From a practical standpoint, they may more sense. In terms of personality, I actually think Coldelle would have maybe been better. But it'd be blasphemy not to give the ranged character the sniper rifle.

While I think either pair up would work, I imagine Collah will probably be best for the individual characters and RP overall. From a practical standpoint, they may more sense. In terms of personality, I actually think Coldelle would have maybe been better. But it'd be blasphemy not to give the ranged character the sniper rifle.
I am 100% in agreement with this assessment. It really would be ridiculous to not give the sniper rifle to the rifle meister.

*scurries off to figure out who Adelle now goes with*

I am 100% in agreement with this assessment. It really would be ridiculous to not give the sniper rifle to the rifle meister.

*scurries off to figure out who Adelle now goes with*

Just remember, you're always welcome to return with Adelle if you're itching for target practice instead of stabby stabby or bashy bashy. 🤣🤣

Just remember, you're always welcome to return with Adelle if you're itching for target practice instead of stabby stabby or bashy bashy. 🤣🤣
Adelle can do shooty shooty, stabby stabby AND bashy bashy if she has the right partner.

Just gotta figure out who that is...

I do find it kinda funny that we've got a blind rifle paired up with a Meister that can see ghosts. 😅😅 Like one is too reliant on sight, the other just can't.

I do find it kinda funny that we've got a blind rifle paired up with a Meister that can see ghosts. 😅😅 Like one is too reliant on sight, the other just can't.
What I am amused by is the fact that they've both been at the DWMA since they were 9. Cole and Callah have quite literally grown up together.

What I am amused by is the fact that they've both been at the DWMA since they were 9. Cole and Callah have quite literally grown up together.

Yeah I was actually considering PM'ing you or Solar about a pre-existing relationship of some kind due to that. Like that match up is so good those two might have been partners before RIP even started, tbh.

TOP TEN ANIME WEAPONS 2021 (Number 7 will surprise you)
Soo I had to do some thinking and I'm just not 100% sure about anything, but here we go.
1. Noelle probably. Sweet but difficult broad with plenty of drama to play off of and plenty of hooks, and it's a weird weapon to use so it has its charm.
2. Yuri seems like a good fit as well, with a strong personality and fiesty temperament. They seem like they could get along.
3. I'm not sure how Aiden and Sion would hit it off interpersonally, but I think it would get fun and spicy. Especially since Sion will 100% contest his defensive nature. Time to get brutal.
4. idek how to rank these ngl to you, different people have different pros and cons in terms of RPing. Lucien and Sion would tap dance on each other's nerves, but they might be bale to bond on certain finer things. Adelle and Sion would be a smart combination, but with her personality I think they might just end up hating each other, and I'm not sure how to roleplay with that selection of weapons. The twins have cool weapon forms that Sion could get behind, but I don't see him getting along with cutesy kids after his lifetime. Callah seems nice but Sion suffers permanent hearing damage every time she's around.

Something like that?

3. I'm not sure how Aiden and Sion would hit it off interpersonally, but I think it would get fun and spicy. Especially since Sion will 100% contest his defensive nature. Time to get brutal.

Sion has that parasitic wavelength. I think with Aiden in particular, this would probably be significantly problematic unless Lady Warlock considered it synergistic insofar that his wavelength is intended to amplify the Meister. For instance, his wavelength is intended to both make him feather light and increase the strength of his Meister. If this affect is subsequently lessened per the description on your sheet, this would ultimately mean Aiden would maybe only be halved in weight and provide a fraction of the strength increase. If that specific situation could be averted somehow (maybe as a Grigori Soul?), then I could actually see this being a super interesting pairing if Sion could use his parasitic wavelength THROUGH Aiden to absorb anything he blocks or go one-handed and use the shield for defense while Soul Menace/hitting with his freehand to absorb energy. This could either be an incredibly poor match up or perhaps a super ideal match up completely dependent on how their wavelengths interact, imo.

Sion has that parasitic wavelength. I think with Aiden in particular, this would probably be significantly problematic unless Lady Warlock considered it synergistic insofar that his wavelength is intended to amplify the Meister. For instance, his wavelength is intended to both make him feather light and increase the strength of his Meister. If this affect is subsequently lessened per the description on your sheet, this would ultimately mean Aiden would maybe only be halved in weight and provide a fraction of the strength increase. If that specific situation could be averted somehow (maybe as a Grigori Soul?), then I could actually see this being a super interesting pairing if Sion could use his parasitic wavelength THROUGH Aiden to absorb anything he blocks or go one-handed and use the shield for defense while Soul Menace/hitting with his freehand to absorb energy. This could either be an incredibly poor match up or perhaps a super ideal match up completely dependent on how their wavelengths interact, imo.
I'll figure this out if I have to. Right now, I'm kinda waiting to see what RottenVale RottenVale throws up because finding a place for Adelle to go is actually a lot harder than I thought. Turns out she's more or less right to think that meisters don't necessarily want stone age weapons because not many of our meisters would know what to do with them.

I honestly didn't realize finding her a different partner would be this hard.

I'll figure this out if I have to. Right now, I'm kinda waiting to see what RottenVale RottenVale throws up because finding a place for Adelle to go is actually a lot harder than I thought. Turns out she's more or less right to think that meisters don't necessarily want stone age weapons because not many of our meisters would know what to do with them.

I honestly didn't realize finding her a different partner would be this hard.

I'm throwing up a punk-inspired young woman with a thirst for close combat shortly. There might be thoughts in her mind of shield skateboards, but she prides herself on a versatile fighting style... might be perfect in the end.

I was thinking the eventual solution to the parasitic wavelength funkin' up his partnering (no matter who it is) is that with a good enough resonation it can extend to encompass and not drain from a prospective ally, but I wanted to set him up with an obstacle to overcome at first.

If she can resonate with Aiden, she could literally fly. It's intended to be on her back, but I mean there's no reason it couldn't function as a hoverboard, I guess.
The pure visual of aiming a tower shield w your entire weight behind it straight toward the face of whatever you're fighting is enough to justify the fantasy, you feel? The aesthetic of any of these weapons is enough to debilitate her on sight. Rad as hell.

I feel like Lady Warlock is reading these and is like "guys, stop coming up with great ideas, my job is hard enough as it is!"

Notably, I also find it funny we discuss this for Aiden when part of his description was how frequently paired he was in EAT in short term partnerships.

Part of Aiden's issue is that he's never really commit to a partnership. I can see some appeal in pairing him with Sion if it turned out the pairing benefited Sion a lot as his Parasitic Wavelength didn't just exhaust tf out of Aiden like most normal weapons. From a narrative standpoint, that sounds amazing.

But, there's this part of me that can't deny the visualization of a punk girl skating on a roman tower shield isn't just so anime-esque and badass that I want it.

I don't envy our GM right now.

Ultimately, once our last character is submitted, I'm probably going to list multiple options that work and put it to a vote.

I actually love going through and imagining all the different combinations and awesomeness that they can create because it keeps me motivated for all the fun we're going to have in this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back