• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Pairing proposal #1:
  • Dai and Lucien
  • Edgar and Noelle
  • Cole and Callah
  • Luka and Grace / Erica
  • Yuan and Yuri
  • Sion and Aiden
  • Vox and Adelle
Pairing proposal #2:
  • Dai and Yuri
  • Edgar and Adelle
  • Cole and Callah
  • Luka and Aiden / Erica
  • Yuan and Grace
  • Sion and Noelle
  • Vox and Lucien

I'm quite happy with either Aiden pairing and Cole/Callah are given, so I'm just gonna hang out in the back and let others give their input.

I know this makes things harder for you, but I'm also fine with Dai and Noelle's pairings either way!

As for Dai, I'd be lying if I didn't say he would favor Yuri. He'd be happy with Lucien after getting used to his food nagging, too! No matter who he ends up partnering with, I'm sure he'd be able to handle the other weapon well if it ever came to him using them!

Pairing proposal #1:
  • Dai and Lucien
  • Edgar and Noelle
  • Cole and Callah
  • Luka and Grace / Erica
  • Yuan and Yuri
  • Sion and Aiden
  • Vox and Adelle
Pairing proposal #2:
  • Dai and Yuri
  • Edgar and Adelle
  • Cole and Callah
  • Luka and Aiden / Erica
  • Yuan and Grace
  • Sion and Noelle
  • Vox and Lucien
Pairing Proposal #3:
  • Dai and Lucien
  • Edgar and Aiden
  • Cole and Callah
  • Luka and Noelle
  • Yuan and Grace / Erica
  • Sion and Yuri
  • Vox and Adelle
Pairing Proposal #4:
  • Dai and Yuri
  • Edgar and Grace / Erica
  • Cole and Callah
  • Luka and Adelle
  • Yuan and Noelle
  • Sion and Lucien
  • Vox and Aiden
Final four pairing proposals are listed above. If anyone else has ideas, they are welcome to propose them. I am creating a poll where people will be able to vote. Please discuss as well, though. If one of the options reaches 5 votes in the next few hours, it will be what we go with. If not, then I will be choosing one based on the discussion that I see happening here in the OOC.

Nobody Special Nobody Special Jhin Jhin Japanime Japanime Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Solarknight Solarknight CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze RottenVale RottenVale QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

I had to double check once or twice to make sure you didn't pull a fast one on me and make one without Cole and Callah. 😂😂

Cole and Callah are the only thing that is the same between all four options.

Although, would you have really blamed me if I put a Codelle one up there? xD

Not in the slightest, I was even lowkey half expecting one where you paired all three of them just because of the difficulties you had with Adelld. Lol

#4 is a no go for me. I can't let you roleplay with yourself! There's no fun in that.
I am hopeful that one doesn't happen but there were just so few options for Adelle and I would rather give my players options and take a bullet than try to create more options for myself at the cost of losing some potentially interesting pairings.

I feel like Edgar and Noelle would be a pretty good pairing. I feel like her two unique Resonance Forms would prove quite useful in the hands of Edgar as far as thinking up strategies and different ways to handle opponents. Buttttt I do think they would have a very difficult time matching wavelengths due to Edgar's madness wavelength and her healing wavelength. As far as everything else, I feel like they'd get along for the most part. Some of her flaws like perfecting missions and commenting on errors would actually work well with Edgar as he'd also try to complete missions in the most efficient way possible and getting feedback on how he could've handled something better is something he'd be entirely open to.

I see Edgar and Aiden getting along pretty well. I think their respective wavelengths interacting would be interesting but probably nothing bad. They may clash with Aiden being inclined to act upon emotions rather than logic and Edgar inclined to act on efficiency and intelligence rather than emotions.

I think Adelle's multi-form weapon thing would be very useful to Edgar as it would only increase options in deciding how to handle a situation. Which in turn, could increase the chances of maximum efficiency and perfect success. I do however think they would not get along personality wise. Edgar would not take a liking to Adelle's stern and harsh personality. It would appear neither of them hold back when speaking so they would probably say some brutally honest things about each other. Edgar has no problem stepping down from the leadership role or sharing it with someone but he would prefer not to be completely overlooked. If that makes sense... He doesn't wanna be seen as incapable of leading and have to always be lead.

Finally, Grace and Erica. Dual wield might prove useful with Edgar as he would be able to use two weapons, one in each hand. Their fusion form could also be helpful if range was needed for a specific situation. If they really do have Madness Wavelengths, I'm not too sure if that would be good or bad. Them all having Madness Wavelengths might be able to match well but it might be chaotic? I don't really know how that would work. With Grace and Erica having such unique and contrasting personalities, I feel like Edgar would spend a good chunk of time just studying them. Trying to understand them both. With Grace talking so much, he'd probably just stare at her and listen. He'd also study and observe Erica and try to figure out why she is usually so nervous or shy.

Japanime Japanime I think for Adelle and Edgar, getting to know each other would be a bit rough. However, Adelle is going to have a rough time getting to know any man due to her history with men, so its kinda unavoidable. I think that in time they would come to understandings, particularly if he sees value in her weapon forms and isn't resistant to wielding stone age weapons. Adelle would appreciate that he wants to take on some of the leadership roles. Her worst nightmare would be ending up with a partner who has no interest at all in leading because its difficult for her as a weapon to take on any leadership tasks if her partner isn't also willing to be a leader.

My two cents.

On another note, Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul , I have this scene in my head that would have happened before the rp starts.

Luka is trying to learn how to use a gun. It's one of the few weapons her father wouldn't have really taught her about with his knowledge of martial arts. So she's in a DWMA firing range trying to figure it out and doing something horribly wrong though she doesn't know that. And then Cole walks in, sees it, and corrects it. Then he ends up teaching her how to use a gun... not to his level, of course, but enough that she wouldn't be lost if one fell into her hands.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Also, there's a nifty new lore page! I'll gradually update it to include all the new wavelengths people have created in the roleplay. For those of you who have participated in a Soul Eater of mine before, it's the same lore that I normally use.

I CAN'T PICK (except #4, I'm not going to have you playing by yourself)
Nobody will hate me if I just roll to pick between the three first ones, right?
Otherwise...
1: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul I love the idea of playing with Aiden, it's such a stark contrast of people and I think they could learn a lot from each other. His resonance form and typical form both allow for Sion to keep doing what he does best, picking up random items and using them as weapons if need be, and the skateboarding IS going to happen as soon as they both agree that it isn't disrespectful for Sion to be stepping on him when it's simply that badass. I feel they could get along and work together to find a way to fight that doesn't harm Aiden, and Sion would be very supportive about him compared to his sister (So what she's a flamberge? Ain't no fucking flamberge I've ever seen that slides down the streets at 100 miles an hour and lets me kick demons directly in the mouth.) because he'd be outraged by Aiden thinking he's worth any less than her. I don't see HER in R.I.P class! But I want to know how you think about it at as well. Thoughts?

2. Nobody Special Nobody Special Kind of like with Aiden, Sion would be very supportive. (Yeah I mean you're an umbrella but that traditional shit never stuck with me. You get the work done, you can cut anything in two, and you're a great barrier - not to mention unassuming. What else do you want?) He will simply not acknowledge her resting bitch face and talk to her like she's just about anyone, and her being so gentle might be a good thing to build off of with his crass behaviour. If it wouldn't be a ship, then it'd be a power duo brother-sister sort of thing where Sion would have to get over his need to be protective and actually trust his weapon to be, well, a weapon. It could get really interesting that way, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

3. Jhin Jhin Oh my lord they'd be a ferocious duo. With their personalities mixed then Sion would definitely return to a lot of his old ways, but focused into a legal and more moral setting. The a g g r e s s i o n that these two could summon together would be a thing to behold. Also, he's definitely going to start swinging her by the chain and doing some nunchuk thing with a rain of attacks all the time. They seem like a natural fit, but it's all up for debate. Thoughts?

I haven't looked at the vote results and I know Vale hasn't voted yet, so I don't know if it's already decided or not. I just wanted to know if anyone already had any ideas with another meister, or if someone really liked the idea of working along with Sion, really just whatever makes everyone happy. I see a lot of angles going in with anyone, and I'm sure it'd be dope no matter which way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back