• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

As for Noelle, I know Japanime had asked me if I wanted to partner her and Edgar up. But, I wasn't sure if you wanted to partner us up yourself, or if you wanted us to pair with each other as we pleased.
I'm hoping we can all come to a generalized agreement on what pairings make the most sense keeping in mind that Lord Death would set the whole class up to succeed. I am just offering my thoughts based on what I am seeing in character sheets and what I know about my characters.

I do think that Luka would initially be frustrated with Noelle's weapon form, though I think she would adapt quickly. I do think that Edgar might not have that same initial frustration and might be more outright accepting of whatever he's given. However, then I have to figure out what weapon I can give Luka that doesn't cause even more problems than a little initial frustration.

Luka can use one (or both) of the twins, when and if we get another meister. I don't want to plan for another meister until they exist, though.

I'm kinda trying to give everyone the best possible situation without disadvantaging anyone else.

I understand! Like I said, my characters can end up with anyone and I'll be fine with it 😁 I'm just happy to finally be in another soul eater rp!
I don't know if you saw this earlier, but I did also mention that at some point, I would like to see Dai beat someone up using Adelle in club form. He just seems like he would really appreciate the simple bluntness of a club and I think it would be amusing.

Notably, if we get to the end of character creation, I can make a more specific weapon for someone if need be. Two characters wasn't my intent, but I normally end up running multiple somehow anyway, and I can normally make something in an brief window with a good prompt. Just an offer.

I don't know if you saw this earlier, but I did also mention that at some point, I would like to see Dai beat someone up using Adelle in club form. He just seems like he would really appreciate the simple bluntness of a club and I think it would be amusing.

I didn't see that, but that would definitely be great lol, I'm totally down

I don't actually see a huge disconnect between them outside of her discomfort with men. Adelle has a family lineage she wants to uphold and wants to become the personal weapon of Lord Death. Cole thinks exceptionally highly of Meisters and believes they should be held to certain standards. While their ideals don't perfectly mesh, they don't exactly conflict either. Adelle in her personality is also wrote as sometimes wanting to take leadership but has a hard time as a weapon whereas Cole is more laid back, preferring scouting or support. This would give Adelle plenty of room to provide her input and push Cole as a Meister to do more. I think for the most part as long as Adelle doesn't try to push Cole into what he would consider unnecessary combat, they would probably get along quite well.

I think if their partnership works out, it'll probably be on the principle of boundaries. Cole will need to accept the distance Adelle has towards men in general and Adelle would need to adjust to his more unorthodox form and opinion on combat. That could be a bit of a challenge for both of them due to some personality quirks on both their sides, but if they can manage it, I think it'd make a relatively healthy balance between them.

Edit: Of course Lady Warlock made Adelle, I'm just reading the sheet. She could throw some input here, too. I interpret Adelle as "blunt yet refined" in that she doesn't really come off as brutish or bullheaded.

Haha, point taken. I look forward to seeing how their dynamic plays out :closedeyessmile:

Alright. I have read through every posted character. Everyone has received at least one PM from me.

Here are my present thoughts on pairings.
  • Cole and Adelle are a given.
  • Luka could wield most of the weapons submitted although I think the mace/flail might be a bit heavy for her and I'm concerned that their personalities might clash. Luka and Lucien (while their names make them seem like a good match) would get too overwhelmed by sensory things. It makes the most sense to put her with Noelle in my opinion.
  • Edgar appears to me as though he would work well with any weapon offered. I don't really see any particular reason why he would clash with any of the weapons we have.
  • Dai seems to be like a very brute fighter. While he does have a preference for blades, I do think his personality and soul would not resonate very well with Lucien's refinement. I'm almost inclined to put Dai with Yuri which would leave Edgar with Lucien.
Those are my current thoughts in a nutshell. I do think that we have 1-2 people currently working on meisters and once there are more meisters available as options, the twins will be possibilities for weapon partners as well. I did not include them in this analysis because the twins are the only weapon(s) who can work without meisters currently. As sisters, they can wield one another. If there's going to be a weapon option without a meister, it shoul be them at present because they can function appropriately without a meister.

I'm open to hearing thoughts from everyone else, though.

We also need to work on how well our characters will all know each other from prior to the start of the roleplay since everyone with the exception of Adelle has been a student at the DWMA since before the creation of the R.I.P. class.

They do say differing personalities/wavelengths make the strongest resonances if they do manage to resonate^^ Thematically Lucian and Dai fit well together since one is a blood siphoning blade and the other a bit of a murdrous/battle-crazed savage, hence why I'm looking at that particular pairing...but I do see the difficulties they will face since they are both strong-willed characters =p Lucian is no Tsubaki, but so long as it's not about food, I can see him trying to tame the battle maniac~ Both have quirks about them that would make it difficult for others to pair with them anyway so perhaps they could balance each other out 😏

That said, Luce could probably work with any of the characters minus Cole that hates close-ranged.

Last edited:
Just remember, every weapon can be ranged... At least once.

5b91fa06d0ee8b513bd48bdec56bd1cd29a61aafr1-640-480_00.gif

Lol, indeed. Awkward phrasing on my part. I don't mean to say Lucien and Cole can't work together if they have to and there's no special disconnect in their personalities that I can tell (unless his "idea" of a Meister or Weapon is particularly strict)...I just never really considered them a possible pairing given Cole's weapon preference. Not that it wouldn't be amusing to see how they'd interact

Boulanger = french Baker you know :coolshades:

Huh, I am torn because Dai does prefer close-range weapons, but Dai and Yuri together remind me of this meme...
10832007_0.jpg

And Edgar and Yuri can pull up together to every event severely over-dressed and probably mend better together combat-wise, though personality will be lacking.

Dai, Yuri, and Lucien comprise the emotion-driven characters of this group.

Given Yuri's personality and the fact that both she and Lucien spent an equal amount of time at DWMA (both taking weapon classes), I can see them being good friends.

Luka and Lucien (while their names make them seem like a good match) would get too overwhelmed by sensory things.

We wouldn't want that.

I'm not certain how Luce would interact with an autistic child myself tbh, though even he'd lower the critical aspect a bit when dealing with a kid.

Edgar with Lucien.

Edgar's a good cook, so Lucien wouldn't have much to say about him other than his inability to make the food look good=P Madness Wavelength means I get to play Luce's 3rd theme when/if they resonate.

We also need to work on how well our characters will all know each other from prior to the start of the roleplay since everyone with the exception of Adelle has been a student at the DWMA since before the creation of the R.I.P. class.[/font]

Lucian has studied at DWMA for a fairly long time (if you consider 5 years to be long) and is a far cry from a wallflower, so I imagine many of our characters would've at least heard of him...though I say nothing of friendship. It all depends on what they think of his personality. I can tell you the cafeteria lady at DWMA doesn't like him.

Maybe we could say she and Lucien go to eat at fancy restaurants regularly together? Just to try new food and possibly be Karens to the servers when it's not up to par. Yuri likes expensive food just because it's expensive, not because she has a picky tongue, but she would back Lucien up just because she can be a bit of an asshat. I figure Lucien would know a few good places to eat when he's not chopping things up himself. Yuri would trust his taste in food, not really caring about the particulars.

Maybe we could say she and Lucien go to eat at fancy restaurants regularly together? Just to try new food and possibly be Karens to the servers when it's not up to par. Yuri likes expensive food just because it's expensive, not because she has a picky tongue, but she would back Lucien up just because she can be a bit of an asshat. I figure Lucien would know a few good places to eat when he's not chopping things up himself. Yuri would trust his taste in food, not really caring about the particulars.

Yep, I can see that.

You'd have to be pretty strong to make a halberd an effective one-time-use ranged weapon.

I assure you, Cole would heave it like a javelin before swinging it like a blade, then just bitch about how poorly designed the form was for aerodynamics. 😂😂😂

Edit: For bonus giggles, imagine his 5'7" frame trying to do the same thing with a Warhammer.

To imangine. Someone who would prefer the twin's regular form over their fusion form.

Basically. He'd probably even try to connect a chain or something to their butt end so he could at least pull one back if he threw it. If anything, he'd consider it an upgrade to a typical thrown weapon--at least he could try to retrieve it easily. 😅

Basically. He'd probably even try to connect a chain or something to their butt end so he could at least pull one back if he threw it. If anything, he'd consider it an upgrade to a typical thrown weapon--at least he could try to retrieve it easily. 😅
Now that would just be impractical. Either the chain would actually restrict your ability to throw it, or it'd have to too long that you'd be tripping all over it.

Now that would just be impractical. Either the chain would actually restrict your ability to throw it, or it'd have to too long that you'd be tripping all over it.
Mostly fair points. Obvious solution would be to just have them fuse with the thrown one returning back to the one in his hand, then defuse to rethrow.

I don't imagine they would be fond of that, though.

Mostly fair points. Obvious solution would be to just have them fuse with the thrown one returning back to the one in his hand, then defuse to rethrow.

I don't imagine they would be fond of that, though.
That's not how their fusion really works either. They kinda have to be in close proximity for their souls to resonate properly.

Alright, well Cole won't be abusing twin axes any time soon I suppose. Lol Probably for the better nonetheless, his preference is rifles overall.

No pow pows in this lineup, though, so a slingshot it is!

Alright, well Cole won't be abusing twin axes any time soon I suppose. Lol Probably for the better nonetheless, his preference is rifles overall.

No pow pows in this lineup, though, so a slingshot it is!
I just imagined him taking a rifle and instead of shooting it, just chucking it at people.

I just imagined him taking a rifle and instead of shooting it, just chucking it at people.

That's great. Lol I imagine him now halfway through the RP getting a rifle and just hurling it at someone and being like "damn, it's been so long I forgot there's a trigger."

The twins can also sort of wield themselves until a meister comes along for them. They just won’t be able to resonate and do cool shit.

The twins can also sort of wield themselves until a meister comes along for them. They just won’t be able to resonate and do cool shit.

Liz and patty manage to make that look cool so I'm sure the Halbirbs can too~

But yeah, I'd only partner with myself if all else fails since I like rping with others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back