• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Alright. I (and Cole) can definitely work with that. I'm also quite interested to see her opinion of a Meister whose primary focus will basically only be half her forms, but I have the feeling that issue will be secondary to her justifiable aversion to men.

I imagine the Cole and Adelle pairing would be as difficult as the Lucian and Dai one given their respective personalities.

I don't actually see a huge disconnect between them outside of her discomfort with men. Adelle has a family lineage she wants to uphold and wants to become the personal weapon of Lord Death. Cole thinks exceptionally highly of Meisters and believes they should be held to certain standards. While their ideals don't perfectly mesh, they don't exactly conflict either. Adelle in her personality is also wrote as sometimes wanting to take leadership but has a hard time as a weapon whereas Cole is more laid back, preferring scouting or support. This would give Adelle plenty of room to provide her input and push Cole as a Meister to do more. I think for the most part as long as Adelle doesn't try to push Cole into what he would consider unnecessary combat, they would probably get along quite well.

I think if their partnership works out, it'll probably be on the principle of boundaries. Cole will need to accept the distance Adelle has towards men in general and Adelle would need to adjust to his more unorthodox form and opinion on combat. That could be a bit of a challenge for both of them due to some personality quirks on both their sides, but if they can manage it, I think it'd make a relatively healthy balance between them.

Edit: Of course Lady Warlock made Adelle, I'm just reading the sheet. She could throw some input here, too. I interpret Adelle as "blunt yet refined" in that she doesn't really come off as brutish or bullheaded.

Last edited:
I don't actually see a huge disconnect between them outside of her discomfort with men. Adelle has a family lineage she wants to uphold and wants to become the personal weapon of Lord Death. Cole thinks exceptionally highly of Meisters and believes they should be held to certain standards. While their ideals don't perfectly mesh, they don't exactly conflict either. Adelle in her personality is also wrote as sometimes wanting to take leadership but has a hard time as a weapon whereas Cole is more laid back, preferring scouting or support. This would give Adelle plenty of room to provide her input and push Cole as a Meister to do more. I think for the most part as long as Adelle doesn't try to push Cole into what he would consider unnecessary combat, they would probably get along quite well.

I think if their partnership works out, it'll probably be on the principle of boundaries. Cole will need to accept the distance Adelle has towards men in general and Adelle would need to adjust to his more unorthodox form and opinion on combat. That could be a bit of a challenge for both of them due to some personality quirks on both their sides, but if they can manage it, I think it'd make a relatively healthy balance between them.

Edit: Of course Lady Warlock made Adelle, I'm just reading the sheet. She could throw some input here, too. I interpret Adelle as "blunt yet refined" in that she doesn't really come off as brutish or bullheaded.
This is actually very accurate and it makes me very happy!
Good Morning everyone! (At least, I'm assuming its morning for most of you)
It is morning for me, although I should be sleeping. I work night shift tonight so being awake right now is not what I had intended when I planned my day. Good morning to you as well, though!

I'll be sending out PMs about characters likely tomorrow night while I'm at work. Working night shift tends to be slow enough to allow me to write some stuff and do management things.

Today I'm going to continue working on Luka.

So far, it looks like we are going to have 3 to 4 weapon/meister pairs.

Nobody Nobody Are you planning on submitting a character?

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Are you planning on submitting the twins?
Sorry for getting to this late, but yes. I just need to nail down a character concept.

Sorry for getting to this late, but yes. I just need to nail down a character concept.
Awesome! We're glad to have you!

Just a heads up, a meister is what the rp currently needs to stay balanced. That's not to say you cannot make a weapon, but any weapons made currently would not have a meister available to wield them.

Unless, yknow, you make a boomerang and we just stick Cole with a load of unconventional ranged weapons.

Unless, yknow, you make a boomerang and we just stick Cole with a load of unconventional ranged weapons.
My sister was in one of my Soul Eater rps a few years ago and she actually had a character who's weapon form was a boomerang. I remember it being a very fun character.

My sister was in one of my Soul Eater rps a few years ago and she actually had a character who's weapon form was a boomerang. I remember it being a very fun character.

I'm lowkey imagining Luka and Cole taking turns catching the Boomerang character mid fight since they're both utility Meister (kinda) and just laughing at the inner struggle.

Just a heads up for everyone: I have officially started actually solidly reading through character sheets. Expect PMs shortly. After reading all the characters we currently have, I will re-evaluate my partnership proposals. Nothing's official until the rp starts.

I'm already fairly certain that Cole and Adelle will be together, but beyond that, things are open.

Also, I am aware that CelticHero37 CelticHero37 plans on posting a set of characters who are twin battleaxes. He's played them before and I'm assuming he's not going to change them much. That's another weapon option I am considering for people although it's not posted yet. They can be dual wielded or separated between two meisters.

Anyone else notice the heavy emphasis on sensory Meisters? I'm getting total Team 8 vibes. 😅 Just call us the R.I.P. Tracker Squad and we're golden.

I know Adelle is going to pair with Cole, but I totally need to put her club form in Dai's hands at some point and just let him beat something to a pulp with it.

I know Adelle is going to pair with Cole, but I totally need to put her club form in Dai's hands at some point and just let him beat something to a pulp with it.

And now I've just imagined a scene where Cole gets half bullied and/or angry enough to try and beat something with the club form, then Dai taking Adelle and being like "let me show you how it's done. I'll get you when it's pulp."

Alright. I have read through every posted character. Everyone has received at least one PM from me.

Here are my present thoughts on pairings.
  • Cole and Adelle are a given.
  • Luka could wield most of the weapons submitted although I think the mace/flail might be a bit heavy for her and I'm concerned that their personalities might clash. Luka and Lucien (while their names make them seem like a good match) would get too overwhelmed by sensory things. It makes the most sense to put her with Noelle in my opinion.
  • Edgar appears to me as though he would work well with any weapon offered. I don't really see any particular reason why he would clash with any of the weapons we have.
  • Dai seems to be like a very brute fighter. While he does have a preference for blades, I do think his personality and soul would not resonate very well with Lucien's refinement. I'm almost inclined to put Dai with Yuri which would leave Edgar with Lucien.
Those are my current thoughts in a nutshell. I do think that we have 1-2 people currently working on meisters and once there are more meisters available as options, the twins will be possibilities for weapon partners as well. I did not include them in this analysis because the twins are the only weapon(s) who can work without meisters currently. As sisters, they can wield one another. If there's going to be a weapon option without a meister, it should be them at present because they can function appropriately without a meister.

I'm open to hearing thoughts from everyone else, though.

We also need to work on how well our characters will all know each other from prior to the start of the roleplay since everyone with the exception of Adelle has been a student at the DWMA since before the creation of the R.I.P. class.

Cole and Adelle are a given

Are we calling ourselves Coldelle? Combined a a thing?

Cole has been around the DWMA for most of his life, but hasn't really stood out for one reason or another. He may perhaps have been in arguments over the years chastising other Meisters specifically (he is more harsh on them) for less than moral acts as it reflects poorly on the DWMA. If anyone knows him, it would likely be due to his reputation of being uptight. I would doubt anyone would quite care about him being able to see ghosts.

I believe I saw one or two others that have been with the DWMA quite some time, so they would likely know Cole at least indirectly.

If someone was considering class rankings, I'd wager Cole in terms of academics is probably around lower ranks of the upper quartile. He's no prodigy like Luka, but he's committed enough to get good grades if only by effort.

Aaaaaaand if you wanted to really push a connection between him and someone, the only character I could think of is Luka. As she's a Utility Meister and a prodigy, you could give her a history being tutored by Cole at one point in using multiple weapons. Regardless of the ranged / melee discrepancy, he's older enough to be her senior and I assume utility Meisters of any kind in this AU are still rare enough.

For Adelle, I don't really have any idea of how much she would know about Cole but she seems relatively fresh to the DWMA so he equally wouldn't know much about her aside from the surname of Stone being canonically important and perhaps her status as a multi form weapon.

Huh, I am torn because Dai does prefer close-range weapons, but Dai and Yuri together remind me of this meme...
10832007_0.jpg

And Edgar and Yuri can pull up together to every event severely over-dressed and probably mend better together combat-wise, though personality will be lacking.

Huh, I am torn because Dai does prefer close-range weapons, but Dai and Yuri together remind me of this meme...
10832007_0.jpg

And Edgar and Yuri can pull up together to every event severely over-dressed and probably mend better together combat-wise, though personality will be lacking.
One thing to keep in mind is that we are expecting 1-2 more meisters which gives me more options for pairings. I think Dai would do really well with one of the axe twins, but I can't really use them in the pairing scheme until we have at least one more meister.

Story wise, Lord Death wants the students to succeed and excel very quickly in this program so he's going to make sure they're paired off in ways that will work well which is why I'm trying to avoid clashing personalities in pairing people.

Dai ending up with Yuri shouldn't be a problem. As long as it has some sort of cutting edge, he'll use it!

He could use a gun, for all I care 😂 it would be funny to watch him get frustrated while learning how to use something he isn't used to.

As for Noelle, I know Japanime had asked me if I wanted to partner her and Edgar up. But, I wasn't sure if you wanted to partner us up yourself, or if you wanted us to pair with each other as we pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back