• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Alright. There is something we need to discuss. When weapons are in weapon mode, can they talk just to their meister or can they communicate with everyone and anyone? Do they telepathically communicate with their meister or is it out loud for the world to hear?

I've done this differently in different rps and feel we need a consensus.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Solarknight Solarknight CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze RottenVale RottenVale Nobody Special Nobody Special Mineczka Mineczka The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul @Pepe

I'd leave it at they can communicate with their meister (and other weapon for the trios) and that's it, buuuut that's not *just* my coice~! ^^

If I remember correctly, weapons are loud enough for most people around them to hear (if they speak loud enough), so I'd go with that. I don't mind what we end up with, though!

I'd favor it be open conversation. I don't think they should be able to communicate telepathically unless like they hit that really strong rapport. I'm fine if the consensus shifts that but that's more my take on it atm unless we changing it up

Alright. There is something we need to discuss. When weapons are in weapon mode, can they talk just to their meister or can they communicate with everyone and anyone? Do they telepathically communicate with their meister or is it out loud for the world to hear?

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Solarknight Solarknight CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze RottenVale RottenVale Nobody Special Nobody Special Mineczka Mineczka The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul @Pepe
I think mental communication with anyone being resonated with, and just speak to anyone within hearing distance when they're close will do the most for our roleplaying. Put it up for a vote?

My curiosity leans towards how you feel about the portrayal of "soul space" between a Meister and weapon(s). While I lean mostly towards the telepathic communication of weapons in contact / sync with a Meister, I always felt Soul Space was a really important visual narrative.

My curiosity leans towards how you feel about the portrayal of "soul space" between a Meister and weapon(s). While I lean mostly towards the telepathic communication of weapons in contact / sync with a Meister, I always felt Soul Space was a really important visual narrative.
Oooh yeah, but that's pretty reserved for spr srs moments tho innit

My personal opinion from what I've observed is that it would be both. They can communicate both telepathically and audibly. The more credible examples from the show hint at it being more telepathic, but there are times where it seems audible as well.

I see soul space was brought up. The visual portrayal of soul space was simply the best way to portray it. It seems to me that there was much more to it than that. However, I do agree with the fact that the telepathy probably has something to do with the connection to their meister. If that's the case, though, it wouldn't be a very hard skill to learn as most seem to do it without issue.

Maybe like a thing where they can choose to telepathically speak to their meister but also have the option to speak out loud to any and everyone.

Just to throw this out since I really only commented about Soul Space, if the options were both, telepathy, or audible, I'd vote for both. I think with a significant enough connection, telepathy is the way to go. Far more convenient for combat, will functionally keep dialogue from getting muddled up in more combat oriented scenes, but still provides the versatility for audible local communication in the event they can't communicate internally, especially early in the game. I wouldn't say Ragnarok level of audible, more so a dull voice from the basic location of the weapon or maybe a certain spot, for instance Aiden being able to speak from the back plate of his shield or something.

The anime has shown both, particularly in comedy scenes, but unless the weapon comes with a mouth, I've always seen demon weapon chatter in their weapon form as a form of "soul speak" so to say. It's not exactly audible but it's not quite telepathic either. It's the verbalization of a weapon's soul. If the demon weapon is strongly trying to say something, practically yelling it in their soul space, anyone that can sense souls/wavelengths (even if just a little) could hear the demon weapon's "voice". A close connection to the soul works as well...though the demon weapon could just partially transform to to be heard, such as the case where Soul Evan's head sticks out of the side scythe while Maka is still holding onto the shaft. Maybe a demon weapon skilled at partial transformations could maintain vocal cords while still mostly in weapon form=p Anyway that's just my two cents. I'm fine with whatever we decide.

The anime has shown both, particularly in comedy scenes, but unless the weapon comes with a mouth, I've always seen demon weapon chatter as a form of "soul speak" so to say. It's not exactly audible but it's not quite telepathic either. It's the verbalization of a weapon's soul. If the demon weapon is strongly trying to say something, practically yelling it in their soul space, anyone that can sense souls/wavelengths (even if just a little) could hear the demon weapon's "voice". A close connection to the soul works as well...though the demon weapon could just partially transform to to be heard, such as the case where Soul Evan's head sticks out of the side scythe while Maka is still holding onto the shaft. Maybe a demon weapon skilled at partial transformations could maintain vocal cords while still mostly in weapon form=p Anyway that's just my two cents. I'm fine with whatever we decide.
I actually really like this answer!

So, weapons mostly communicate directly with their meisters through some form of telepathy or "soul speak." Weapons CAN communicate out loud but it requires more focus and minor knowledge of partial transformations (which we are all at a level of experience where this knowledge is assumed).

If you do not specify or make it clear that your weapon character is talking out loud, it will be assumed that they are not talking out loud.

Soul spaces are also a thing - they are one of my favorite soul eater things - but they are more for resonance.

Soul spaces are also a thing - they are one of my favorite soul eater things - but they are more for resonance.

I've always thought that when players refer to soul space, they're talking about the empty black space where the soul resides while in weapon form...

3cc4b59d891d65030089e53794bfe1cf46774793_hq.gif

...but that's because I don't know what else to call it. Then there's Soul Evan's room...

21306ufuw7c11.jpg

which is like a deeper soul space. A locked part of the soul?

I've always thought of the soul space as a manifestation of oneself, known and unknown, Soul Evans room for example is what id call the actual soul space of himself. In my head tho i see a soul space changing depending on a situation or even the person. So there's different versions or layers of a Soul Space that exist in a given scenario.

That empty void Demon Weapons like the Thompson Sisters reside in is more like the space they enter when observing things from their Weapon form. And it's one layer of the Soul Space, that essentially just reflects their physical form.

images

I've always thought of the soul space as a manifestation of oneself, known and unknown, Soul Evans room for example is what id call the actual soul space of himself. In my head tho i see a soul space changing depending on a situation or even the person. So there's different versions or layers of a Soul Space that exist in a given scenario.

That empty void Demon Weapons like the Thompson Sisters reside in is more like the space they enter when observing things from their Weapon form. And it's one layer of the Soul Space, that essentially just reflects their physical form.

images
This is p much my head canon. The weapons physical bodies appearing in a dark void in the reflection of their weapon or as cartoonish eyes somewhere on the weapon I imagine just to be one of the effects of the weapon gene, while soul space is something everyone - not just weapons - have. Like Crona's (who isn't a weapon) desert or Soul's room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back