• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

RottenVale RottenVale

If you're in the middle of a post I'll wait for as long as I can, but I'm hopping to get in Lucien and Yuan's responses before Erzah's lesson begins...so I'll probably start writing tomorrow 😔

Are we missing any characters for balance between meisters and weapons? Because I may or may not want to write even more

Are we missing any characters for balance between meisters and weapons? Because I may or may not want to write even more
There was a question as to whether or not had already lost two characters but both of them posted today so now my backup plans are throwing things off a bit. I believe The Regal Rper The Regal Rper only intends on using one of his characters and now I am not sure which one balances things out more.

With the weapon, we would give it to Yuan and then have the twins work together as one unit.

With the meister, we would split the twins between Yuan and the meister.

I'm frustrated because I made a call thinking someone wasn't going to show because thats what always happens in my rps and then everyone showed up.

Depending on what needs to be done I can use both. I'd like to at least use both if possible but it depends on what really needs doing. I designed both Ceinwein and Tavares to be flexible enough at least for wiggle room if I need to make changes where it'll help. So its more based on what y'all need doing that I'll go and make adjustments where needed.

Tho I get you're at work atm LW so whenever you're free, if theres anything ya want me to change for them lemme know when ya can. Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

There was a question as to whether or not had already lost two characters but both of them posted today so now my backup plans are throwing things off a bit. I believe The Regal Rper The Regal Rper only intends on using one of his characters and now I am not sure which one balances things out more.

With the weapon, we would give it to Yuan and then have the twins work together as one unit.

With the meister, we would split the twins between Yuan and the meister.

I'm frustrated because I made a call thinking someone wasn't going to show because thats what always happens in my rps and then everyone showed up.

I could always make an extra character. If need be.

Irrelevant note, my phone goes off when I get an email for this. Totally scared the bejesus out of me. XD

I don’t want a bunch of people making more characters because we don’t need more.

We need balance and I would also really like people to be paired with people who can post as consistently as their partner does in as many cases as possible. I don’t like putting someone who cannot post as frequently for reasonable real life reasons with someone who wants to post daily when it is reasonable to do so.

It looked like we were going to have some of these situations rising up and so I noticed our rp had someone watching. ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) I messaged them and they were interested in joining and so I said I have a potential meister spot. Then I realized we had two different players who hadn’t posted yet so I said, “Hey, can you make a weapon instead?” By this point, they had already made and posted the meister, but they were awesome and super agreeable. Tada! Weapon produced. However, then the two weapon players who I thought might have poofed away both posted today.

So now I’m in a pickle.

With one more weapon, we could have the twins work as a pair on their own and then the weapon could go to Yuan.

With one more meister, I can split the twins between two meisters.

With another meister and another weapon, I can give the twins to the new meister and then give the new weapon to Yuan. This option sounds very ideal.

However, I’ve had multiple people ask / offer to make a weapon back when we didn’t have room for them so I feel bad accepting both the meister and the weapon from a new player when I have other players who have been waiting.

What I am going to do, though, is this. Since Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze was the first one I remember denying a weapon to, they can make a weapon to fill the weapon spot if they would like to. I will review Regal’s meister for acceptance and they will be paired with the twins. If Priz declines the opportunity, then I can review and accept the weapon. Either Priz’s weapon or Regal’s weapon will be paired with Yuan.

In the end, every weapon will have a meister and every meister will have a weapon. No weapons meant to be used together will be split and we only have one character dual wielding for the heck of it because its such an awesome combo.

I don't much mind, I'm fine ifn you want to make one. I mainly designed Cei with the intent to be flexible if it ended up she might not end up getting an immediate partner so if you want to make a character for Yuan, feel free. No qualms on my end either way so no worries 👍 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

I don't much mind, I'm fine ifn you want to make one. I mainly designed Cei with the intent to be flexible if it ended up she might not end up getting an immediate partner so if you want to make a character for Yuan, feel free. No qualms on my end either way so no worries 👍 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze
I'll give it some thought! My pea-sized sleep deprived brain needs to consider

From the IC, I've determined two things thus far that broke my expectations.

First, I enjoy playing Aiden more than Cole for now. This may change. Cole/Callah will likely have a super unique combat dynamic while Aiden is a shield and heavily reliant on his Meister, but for social interactions, Aiden is a blast.

Secondly, Sion has pretty much taken my top spot as favorite character thus far.

From the IC, I've determined two things thus far that broke my expectations.

First, I enjoy playing Aiden more than Cole for now. This may change. Cole/Callah will likely have a super unique combat dynamic while Aiden is a shield and heavily reliant on his Meister, but for social interactions, Aiden is a blast.

Secondly, Sion has pretty much taken my top spot as favorite character thus far.
You flatter me near the point of embarrassed tears. May I ask what won you over? 😅

You flatter me near the point of embarrassed tears. May I ask what won you over? 😅

It's multiple things that come to a culmination, really.

First, the way I read Sion, he's like an onion: he has layers. Probably the most from the current cast, or at least in the top tier for now. Sure, he's aggressive, but that's due to his upbringing and if I interpreted your sheet right, he's trying to move away from that. But, alas, habits are hard to break. You debut this perspective in subtle ways sometimes, not just the verbal exchange with Dai. For example, you remarked on how the flashy appearance of Aiden would not be received so well where he was from. There's a lot of continuity in your play of the character, which I appreciate. He's not a brute by nature, but he is definitely coarse. And, he is almost shamefully trying to show his partner the reason why being paired with him is an intense task, so in just this short sequence of events in the IC, you can see his past (former aggressive self from the Yakuza) and present (attempting to change from how he was then) colliding. He's not redeemed yet, but he's trying; and, you can clearly see he still has a lot of work.

With my characters, by contrast, so far all we've seen is Cole silently judging people and protecting Callah and Aiden being a showboat. Was it interesting? Aiden, particularly, yes. Some may find how Cole interacts with Callah a "cute" contrast to his personality otherwise. But, in just this brief exchange, neither of my characters have interacted in such an interesting way that really showcases their unique traits as characters. We're still very new to this RP, so that may change, but your play of Sion has definitely caught my attention already.

Secondly, reading Sion, there is also this "sub-story" of how he perceives things in terms of souls. It's an interesting parallel narrative that you are quite creative with and because it's your characters personal interpretation of what's going on--not an objective description of how it is--there's a lot of leeway here. If you remember with Cole, he has passive Soul Perception. It's always on. In reality, I could or 'should' be writing him a similar way, but I simply don't. I focus more on his reserved attitude and dynamics with Callah. However, in every post with him, it does occur to me to consider he's physically seeing souls, and I did reference Sion's in my last post with him in a similar way you do with Sion to everyone else. Because you and I share this particular "opportunity" (that's what I'll describe it as), I know this: it's also a taxing task for the writer. Not only to reply to multiple events happening with all of these characters, but to do so eloquently in a way that both fits and flavors your post is a respectable amount of effort you've been consistently putting in.

Lastly, I have a soft spot for redemption-themed characters and that's honestly what I get from Sion more than anything.

It's multiple things that come to a culmination, really.

First, the way I read Sion, he's like an onion: he has layers. Probably the most from the current cast, or at least in the top tier for now. Sure, he's aggressive, but that's due to his upbringing and if I interpreted your sheet right, he's trying to move away from that. But, alas, habits are hard to break. You debut this perspective in subtle ways sometimes, not just the verbal exchange with Dai. For example, you remarked on how the flashy appearance of Aiden would not be received so well where he was from. There's a lot of continuity in your play of the character, which I appreciate. He's not a brute by nature, but he is definitely coarse. And, he is almost shamefully trying to show his partner the reason why being paired with him is an intense task, so in just this short sequence of events in the IC, you can see his past (former aggressive self from the Yakuza) and present (attempting to change from how he was then) colliding. He's not redeemed yet, but he's trying; and, you can clearly see he still has a lot of work.

With my characters, by contrast, so far all we've seen is Cole silently judging people and protecting Callah and Aiden being a showboat. Was it interesting? Aiden, particularly, yes. Some may find how Cole interacts with Callah a "cute" contrast to his personality otherwise. But, in just this brief exchange, neither of my characters have interacted in such an interesting way that really showcases their unique traits as characters. We're still very new to this RP, so that may change, but your play of Sion has definitely caught my attention already.

Secondly, reading Sion, there is also this "sub-story" of how he perceives things in terms of souls. It's an interesting parallel narrative that you are quite creative with and because it's your characters personal interpretation of what's going on--not an objective description of how it is--there's a lot of leeway here. If you remember with Cole, he has passive Soul Perception. It's always on. In reality, I could or 'should' be writing him a similar way, but I simply don't. I focus more on his reserved attitude and dynamics with Callah. However, in every post with him, it does occur to me to consider he's physically seeing souls, and I did reference Sion's in my last post with him in a similar way you do with Sion to everyone else. Because you and I share this particular "opportunity" (that's what I'll describe it as), I know this: it's also a taxing task for the writer. Not only to reply to multiple events happening with all of these characters, but to do so eloquently in a way that both fits and flavors your post is a respectable amount of effort you've been consistently putting in.

Lastly, I have a soft spot for redemption-themed characters and that's honestly what I get from Sion more than anything.
Daaamn, don't think I ever got cool feedback like that before. You wrote me a personal post-sized response, you maniac!

I appreciate you picking up on my attempts to making a nuanced character without just making them bland, and I certainly am happy to see I'm succeeding in that case! It's unfortunate that I don't have the free time to write responses long enough to incorporate every single person because I honestly love the cast we've got going and I'd like to give a nod to everyone, but it'd just take too damn long. I didn't miss that nod to the outwards appearance of Sion's soul either, I was hoping he'd put people on edge just to give me more angsty ammo for him, but we already got Noelle backing him up like full-hearted support so I see things going hella well.

And I think I disagree. Aiden is definitely the "funnier" out of the two, but his remarks are superficial and teenage love-story-like. I think I prefer the open animosity in Cole's thinking, as it gives a bit of credibility to his character with how dark his thoughts are but more carefully selected his words are by comparison. It's a swell RP, hoping to keep this enthusiasm up

I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to write Aiden like the ULTIMATE NICE GUY until something triggers him. For instance, I made a pretty heavy emphasis on the mindset Aiden has on how his words aren't flattery, they're just generalized kindness, and then just let the remark Lucien made go by rationalizing it. Y'know, like most normal, well-adjusted people. Then I do make him somewhat theatrical, like with his introduction. He has no intention on aiming big, he's just there to make sure no one gets hurt. That is quite genuine to the character and how I intend on playing him. Even when he becomes flirtatious or overly friendly, he's not coming from a bad place.

Cole on the other hand is a highly judgmental introvert. Honestly, I would not put it past him to to shoot Dai with a Thunder round (basically a neutralizing shot using Callah's wavelength) if he becomes problematic in hopes that the rest of the team could take the opportunity to restrain him if need be. Dai is the antithesis to everything Cole is, and it's kind'a funny to me. That said, because Cole is an introvert, I'm going to be playing him with a ton of inner dialogue, so I wouldn't be expecting to god awful much interpersonal interaction with him until a situation demands it necessary or at the very least he's out of range enough that he can just shoot his problems before they reach him.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to write Aiden like the ULTIMATE NICE GUY until something triggers him. For instance, I made a pretty heavy emphasis on the mindset Aiden has on how his words aren't flattery, they're just generalized kindness, and then just let the remark Lucien made go by rationalizing it. Y'know, like most normal, well-adjusted people. Then I do make him somewhat theatrical, like with his introduction. He has no intention on aiming big, he's just there to make sure no one gets hurt. That is quite genuine to the character and how I intend on playing him. Even when he becomes flirtatious or overly friendly, he's not coming from a bad place.

Luce, being his highly opinionated self, is just jumping to conclusions because he's plain not used to compliments that aren't about his food^^ He's got a difficult personality and he knows it. He just rationalizes it by thinking everyone else doesn't get his awesome tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back