• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy π™Ύπšžπš› π™²πš˜πš–πšŠ πš†πš˜πš›πš•πš ( Isekai | Small Town | Cooperative Worldbuilding )

I think the role my character would play could be a railroad conductor: Transporting people and supplies to areas in and out of the beginner zone, though her services don't come cheap to any who use them. Could be an interesting way for people to explore more of the games world, as well as opening up more NPC ideas from other zones.

I'm interested as well. 25 currently, and I think I'll run my character Christine: A bandit turned ghost who has body image issues and a short temper. As for abilities:

-She can only be seen by those who've directly suffered from her actions. How long those who've suffered see her depends on the severity of the harm caused, whether it be mental or physical. However, this also tends to make a lot of enemies, so she tends to avoid it all together or leave no witnesses. Her very existence alongside her actions also influence the world around her, so anyone can notice her presence should they be privy enough.
-She cannot physically interact with the living but can interact with objects not being held or worn by the living, and anything she's holding or wearing can't be seen or touched by the living either. However, this also has the downside of her being unable to phase through walls, doors, floors, or any other structure or environmental feature, leaving her vulnerable to becoming trapped should she be too careless. This doesn't stop her from being able to break windows or other flimsy barriers though.
-Although she can still die her spirit will eventually come back. How long her spirit stays dead depends on the injury inflicted, with a gunshot to the head or chest able to keep her down for a day at most. Holy water, praying, exorcisms, or other religious ceremonies are much more effective and last much longer, with the longest lasting being over 5 centuries. Every time she dies, her spirit will reappear within her former bodies coffin. While this normally isn't an issue, it is a crucial weakness should anyone ever find out about it.

Hopefully all three of these abilities are fine with you, seeing as how they are the most prone to being too strong. If not, I have other character ideas I can use that would also work for this thread.
Oh my goodness, thank you for being so detailed! I love reading things like this. I love the ideas you have, they are very interesting and well developed! There are a couple of things that wouldn't work(not to any fault of your own, I forgot to mention a couple things and I haven't finished the worldbuilding page yet), but I will provide ideas and possible solutions so we can be as close as possible to your original vision! ^v^ Keep in mind those ideas will be entirely optional and you can take what you like and/or bend them to your preference so long as I approved of them.

Essential information everyone may like to read below. I will include this and more in the worldbuilding page later if you wish to skip for now.Like standard MMORPGS, there will be a respawn system for everyone's characters. My idea is that you when you die, you'll be met with a screen that gives the choice to spawn at the last bed you've slept in or at any tavern. Death isn't very consequential in the MMORPG, you will lose a level but that ultimately won't matter since we're all level 10 or less; even things like physical pain is optional.

To keep the lighthearted atmsosphere going, the MMORPG will have an array of settings for all players and one of the settings will be to toggle what levels of physical pain they might feel, numbed to realistic. Pain only exists as an option to prevent lawsuits from characters going insane if they wake up in the real world, as it can screw with their pain tolerance if they haven't felt it in a long time. Similar to programs like VR chat, everyone's characters will be able to open a menu only visible to them and access settings at any time in the plot. With this settings menu they can also log out at any time.

Another aspect is this MMORPG is intended to help, heal and prepare people for the day they might wake up from their coma and bring positivity to an otherwise dreary situation. So powers that may be used to badly effect the mental state of other players would not be intentionally implemented by devs. There are a lot of work arounds though.

Small thing but I want to clarify this early, the MMORPG's time works the same as the time for our characters in the real world. If it's christmas in the real characters' world, it will be christmas in the MMORPG. The only exception is timezones, if it is sunset in one place in the game it's sunset everywhere. So if you would like to write cons like your character having to wait to be able to do things, keep that in mind. Reminder: The game has existed for 5 years.
(Essential information over.)

So with that in mind, I do have a few ideas for ghosts! II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II
1. Since your character has been kind of nerfed by everyone being able to respawn, maybe undead species in general have a special feature when it comes to respawning. When they die, they can either choose to respawn normally or drop their items and choose a place anywhere underneath them, where they'll wake up in a coffin with their default clothes? This can mean ghosts, zombies, etc. can 'haunt' an area, but they'll always start off unarmed and without armor until they can find them again.

2. Because it may come to your character's detriment, maybe things like religious ceremonies banish undead away from certain areas temporarily, rather than prevent undead from respawning sooner? That way you won't have to wait for your character to respawn if you don't want to.

3. A feature like only being able to see Christine if you've suffered from her may not make sense lore-wise for devs to implement, but I do have a few solutions to remedy that! Maybe Ghosts are like a glitched race, only unlockable after someone does a certain specific thing that bugs the game and can be found out purely on accident. That way you can still go with that and possibly more since devs would not intentionally leave that in. It also may work well with her bandit side, since bandits aren't known for following rules. 😁

4. If you want, you can pick additional powers! And if you use the glitch idea, they can be malicious ones. My rule is that characters can use their powers on other characters so long as it's done in a way where rules are followed and everyone is having fun, like stirring up ic drama and making things interesting. I have a few ideas for abilities, but you can come up with your own as well. Things like.. altering her appearance(which can be dispelled easily), being able to play sounds effects from the game's files at any time, stuff like that!
If you like the glitch idea, I have additional lore ideas to fit them right in. Maybe why Ghosts haven't been patched yet is because they are an unreleased beta of another race called the Phantom, and a normal person might not be able to distinguish the two. Since Phantoms are an official playable race, they don't have the features that could be used maliciously, but instead have other ones that Ghosts don't have like shadow magic and summoning. So for Christine, it could be easy to hide that she's playing with an unofficial race as long as her extra abilities are kept secret and she pretends like she prefers not to use Phantom's exclusive abilities.
Hopefully all three of these abilities are fine with you, seeing as how they are the most prone to being too strong. If not, I have other character ideas I can use that would also work for this thread.
Thank you for bringing this up as a player! Honestly with every ability there is a slight chance of a slippery slope of it becoming OP, so this gives me a new idea for a rule to keep everyone equal while also allowing for fun and creative shenanigans.

New rule has been added to interest check!I'll allow people to have abilities, have pets or tames, etc. that are prone to being too strong as long as we all mutually understand not to use the "prone to being too strong" part. Godmodding with or without approved concepts is not tolerated. When it comes to abilities that can be used against other players, as long as other rules are followed and everyone's having a good time that is a-ok. Understand that things may be adjusted when it comes to anything at any time, as it would be hard to find a way to balance everyone at the very start when I also want to wish for creative freedom.

oo pegasus is something I aim to explore alongside Ceffyl DΕ΅r, some water horses which could probably be used in river crossings/assisting merchants across large lakes! A little flavour expands the ranch's use, but thank you so much for the idea.
I think the role my character would play could be a railroad conductor: Transporting people and supplies to areas in and out of the beginner zone, though her services don't come cheap to any who use them. Could be an interesting way for people to explore more of the games world, as well as opening up more NPC ideas from other zones.
Sounds great! I'll add this information to the list! ^v^

Hi!!

Interested! I'm 28 and I want to be a robot unicorn that grows and sells rainbow flowers and assorted sweet puffy cloud candies and scented candles! Each candle is unique an no 2 smell the same!

.....aaaaaand also sells 'specialty substances' from the weeds it grows (side hustle lol).

Hi!!

Interested! I'm 28 and I want to be a robot unicorn that grows and sells rainbow flowers and assorted sweet puffy cloud candies and scented candles! Each candle is unique an no 2 smell the same!

.....aaaaaand also sells 'specialty substances' from the weeds it grows (side hustle lol).
I have never liked a post quicker in my life. yes. Your character is already my role model 😭

I have never liked a post quicker in my life. yes. Your character is already my role model 😭
ugh.. but my bad i got soooo excited with the concept that I skimmed the discord part. me n' Discord haaaaate each other. so like sorry but i;mma drop out ugh soooorrrryyy cuz soooooo loves this idea. aaanyways good luck with RP!!

what a fun concept! i'll throw my interest in.
i'm 20, and as for a character - undecided. my immediate idea is to write some kind of faulty or outdated NPC that has (un)fortunately avoided being patched. perhaps they're a handyman with a tendency to create potholes, or a spooky witch who, to their chagrin, gets caught in looped and repetitive dialogue options.

something silly. :captaincat:

ugh.. but my bad i got soooo excited with the concept that I skimmed the discord part. me n' Discord haaaaate each other. so like sorry but i;mma drop out ugh soooorrrryyy cuz soooooo loves this idea. aaanyways good luck with RP!!
No problem at all! Sorry about responding late, been quite busy! Tysm!

what a fun concept! i'll throw my interest in.
i'm 20, and as for a character - undecided. my immediate idea is to write some kind of faulty or outdated NPC that has (un)fortunately avoided being patched. perhaps they're a handyman with a tendency to create potholes, or a spooky witch who, to their chagrin, gets caught in looped and repetitive dialogue options.

something silly. :captaincat:
Oh my goodness what a great idea! I love that so much--especially because they're an outdated npc, it would make sense why they wouldn't have been fully updated with the rest of the ai and only present repetitive dialogue options.
I just imagine poor them trying to stitch together all their preset dialogue to make new sentences :<

This is just adorable. Terminally online people like myself come up with the cutest hobbies.
I'd rather not be super edgy and cringe, so this is right up my alley. 19 btw

"No Breaking Bad stuff"

:( awh

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back