• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Original, Romance RPs! (MxM, FxF, and MxF welcome!)

axelbeans

certified overgrown emo :3
General Introduction
I am looking for an RP partner for realistic and character development heavy plots! I also hope to find someone who wouldn't mind chatting as well, I love meeting alternate personalities and getting to know them as well! Writing and sharing plots is quite an experience, so I would love to get to know my partner through this. I'm an 18-year-old female in university preparing to study both English and theater; I'm focusing on directing, script/creative writing, and stagecraft. I'm also a part of both vocal groups at my institution. I am currently on summer break, but later on, I will be sort of busy at times due to these activities; however, I'll do my best to get back to the RP as soon as possible! Writing has been a love of mine since I was single digits, and I began RPing at around age 13. I took a bit of a break away from RPs but never quit writing. With that said, I am always open to advice or trading tips. I have been too shy in the past to ever participate here, but I've decided to dip my toes in now!

Rules/Requirements/Preferences
I'm not a stickler when it comes to rules: I'm not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be either. I do uphold some standards in regards to length and grammar for a more enjoyable experience for both of us!
  • Grammar
    • Do your best to practice good grammar. I'm not the spelling police because I'm not a whizz either. However, constant misspelling, incorrect grammar, punctuation, etc. is no fun!
  • Age/Gender
    • As noted before, I'm 18 years old. I'm not too rough on age, so long as you're around the same! I don't have any restrictions in regards to gender either.
  • Length
    • One-liners aren't fun either. I don't ask for anything extravagant, just a little effort. I personally do at least a paragraph!
  • Communication
    • Let me know if you have any ideas in regards to plot, characters, or anything for that matter.
    • Please don't be scared to talk to me as a person!
Plots/Ideas
I focus on character development and realistic roleplay: I thoroughly enjoy the possibilities and dramas that come with those! I also roleplay any pairing (mxm, fxf, mxf) and have no preference to which character I play typically.
I have one plot that I've been thinking on and is as follows:

A naive and sheltered high-schooler (about age 17, so a junior) has his world broken once his overprotective parent's divorce and he is thrust into public schooling. Along the way, he is exposed to quite a lot of foreign concepts and has his innocence broken little by little. He also meets the second character who happens to be his neighbor: a carefree, art driven 17-year-old boy who has a deep past (you may create that for him) and apathetic reserve. He meets the naive character in an awkward exchange but grows fond of him quickly. These two end up in the relationship and assist each other in their growth and troubles.

I leave a good amount of "wiggle room" so we can expand on a simple idea and create something bigger! We can also mess around and come up with a similar plot, it's up to you. Additionally, I do have characters drawn out for this specific plot, but if you choose to use your own, that's totally up to you as well.
Personal Notes
I do struggle with mental health and attention difficulties, so at times I may seem distant or off; I'm fine, and if I ever need a break or anything, I'll let you know. As aforementioned, I also take part in theater, choir, and my major is rather involved as well in school. Those things come first of course, but I will still get back to you and keep you updated no matter what! Basically, anything's cool with me, so long as you communicate and I truly do appreciate OOC. I also delve into darker themes surrounding mental health and disorders; we don't have to do any of that, but if that interests you, just let me know!!
Reply to this or PM me if you're interested! <3^3^

Hey there! The plot/idea you mentioned sounded pretty fun to do, I'd be up for it as well as OOC. Pm me if you want to talk more about rping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back