• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [OPEN]Mafa's Big Thread of Settings fresh off hiatus

MafagafoGirl

Mobsters and Aliens
Welcome to Mafa's Big Thread of Settings! Appetizers to the left, ignore post count, and please be at home.

~Notes about you and me~

What I expect from you:
-I like to delve into more mature themes (sometimes harsh language, sometimes harsh concepts) so I'd expect a more mature partner. I don't bother with age.
-I prefer if you have a developed style, a.k.a if you're more experienced in writing in general.
-Please for the love of g̍ͬ̓͌҉̼͈͓ ͙̙̪̠̭͇̅͒̑̽ͥ̐̈́ͅͅȍ̩̫̹͖͎̔ͪͭ́̍ ̒̈͏̨̳̳͖̻̟̙͖͖̺d͉͖͔̣̥̾͞ͅ spellcheck. I'll be respectful to you and try to keep myself interested but misspelling, specially sequentially (so not a typo), throws me off a little. Good roleplaying comes from good writing. In retrospective, this is kind of a really harsh demand. I prefer if you have good grammar, but I let it slip most times, specially if the story is good.
-If you're not interested anymore or if you wanna try a different setting/plot, please warn me. I don't like being left without a trace, and I'm not clingy with plots. Even if I dislike it, I'm somewhat ditch friendly because I myself am terrible with confrontation so I tend to ditch people (and feel bad for it)
-I am malleable regarding to your own roleplay restrictions, just tell me what they are and I'll work around them.
-Please, work with me to build the story. I get bored very quick when your character or narration are bland and you don't give me any reason to continue.
-Just because you don't enjoy the plots I put here doesn't mean we won't be able to rp together. I'm usually very malleable when it comes to what we'll write. Let's talk and see what we both like!
-please read my writing mood at the end of the post

About me:
-I am female, ace, and was born in 1999. Don't like editing things every year to change a number, I believe you can do the math.
-I reply around night, once or twice a week, maybe more if I'm really hyped, and sometimes I'll go on week-long hiatuses due to writer's block or university work. I'll let you know when.
-I am in GMT -3.
-I value quality over quantity. I tend to write around two or three paragraphs per reply, varying between a one-line answer to your character with a few descriptors to a full-fleshed four-paragraph (or more) highly descriptive internal monologue, and I encourage you to do so as well if you want. But I'll try my best to write replies that match your average lenght, including downwards. Writing a 4-paragraph reply only to receive two lines as an answer makes me unwilling to put up the effort to come up with all these words.
-I prefer roleplaying through PMs and Google Docs. I like keeping the story we built together so I can read it later! After all, roleplaying is still writing, and writing is art!
-I'm more inclined to play males, but I manage to play most kinds of character.
-I'm okay with doubling or introducing other characters to the plot temporarily (I often do it and I encourage you to do as well if you need)
-I'm NOT okay with explicit sex, even on google docs, site rules and also I'm not into these things. Fades to black and foreplay are okay.
-I am okay with pairings (preferably, I like slow burn), and I can roleplay as any combination (though my f/f is a bit rusty)
-I'm talkative and like to build a friendship with my partners. But I'll respect your privacy if you don't want it.
-english is not my native language so if I slip up sometimes please correct me, but do it nicely. I love to keep improving on my skills!
-Just so I know you read all of it so far, if you're still interested, send me your favorite candy.

~Setting roleplays~

Those are roleplays without a plot stabilished, mainly either because they're very flexible or I don't have a particular plot I wanna do for them ^^' please let me know your plots in these settings! Bolded means things I'm craving. It doesn't need to be a romantic pairing, but it can be if you want. Let me know!

-XIXth century
-WWI
-Prohibition Era (give me the mobsters!)
-Great Depression
-WWII
-Cold War
-Medieval fantasy
-Space (alien-centric, think more like Spore, Stellaris and Hitchhiker's Guide instead of Interstellar or Doctor Who)
-post apocalyptic: nuclear winter or zombie
-feral cats (not necessarily with Warriors rules)
-Modern

~Plots~

We can reshape and discuss all of these, and everything that isn't mentioned about backstories or motives related to your character is up to you. That gives you more liberty to fit your character into the story provided. Bolded means something I'm specially interested.
-Medieval fantasy

PLOT A: It's dark. It's raining. The gods seemed to stop following your path, as if you've entered a house, they kept themselves by the front door and you didn't even notice. You've been fumbling through the woods for a while and you're in dire need of shelter. That's when, climbing up a hill, you find a small castle, and a village down to the other side. The village seems alive, with a few houses here and there emmiting light through their windows, but the castle seems dark and unkempt, as if it's been abandoned. You find the front doors to be unlocked.

-Modern

PLOT A: (slow burn romance, m/f. Your character is female) Teacher/Single Parent. You teach a class of 6-year-old children, and you're very passionate about your profession. One of your students, a sweet little girl who is crazy about maths and science, has suddenly changed her always excited and curious behavior in favor of being aloof and uninterested in doing much, so you decide to talk with her parents. Instead of her mother, her absent-looking father shows up.

PLOT B: (romance, m/m) You met a guy on a dating app a few weeks ago and you've set up a date in a nearby coffee shop. He was surrounded in mystery though; all you know is that he's a few years older than you and has a gothic/wildlife aesthetic instagram. Something on your gut said that the date might've been a bad idea, since he never provided a lot of info about him in the first place, but you figure that if he was a serial killer it would be quite hard to kidnap you in a public place.

PLOT C: (slow-burn romance, m/f, you play female) You've been friends for a really long time, and always felt some sort of deep connection, with school work, family troubles and similar interests. On your 21st birthday, you and a bunch of friends party until the end of the world, and you wake up in bed with your best friend. That's something you never thought would happen. The second thing that you never thought would happen is getting pregnant, but there you are, in your bathroom, with a positive test.

PLOT D: (optional romance) You've been assigned a new dorm roommate, and asked to show her the ropes around college. All you know about her is that she's been homeschooled up to high school and lived in isolation most of her life, the poor thing. Can you even do anything to help her fend off by herself, miles away from the home she loved?

-Historical

PLOT A: (great depression. Medium-burn romance, m/f. You play male this time!) It's your day off, so you decide to go to a nearby park to absorb the sun and breeze, watch the children play enjoying summer holidays, and overall just stretch your legs and have a nice time. Off the corner of your eye you see a lone lady sitting on a bench by the shadow of a tree, watching the children play with an awfully despondent look on her face. She lowers her head and burries her face on her hands, weeping softly and hoping nobody would see her.

~Writing Mood: Comedy~
My writing mood is how I'm more inclined to write at the moment, and what tone my replies will be built around. It may change depending on the movies, series and games I'm looking into, my current schedule and personal mood. Right now, you can expect silly antics and a crass narrator. Let me know if you want a specific type of tone to our roleplay (or set the mood yourself with your own narration!) and I'll try to tune into it when we roleplay.

PM me if you're interested =D

EDIT LOG
12/05/2017 EDIT: added a few settings
03/06/2017 EDIT: re-opened, added plots, added more detailed information
07/06/2017 EDIT: added a few plots and some more info about me
24/06/2017 EDIT: added one plot, updated info about me
24/05/2018 EDIT: got back into RPNation, added a few settings, redid the layout and formatting, redid the "about" section
30/05/2018 EDIT: made the section names easier to read in any theme (light or dark), condensed settings, took out a few I'm not interested anymore and remade descriptions
12/08/2018 EDIT: rewrote the about section, changed up settings and revamped plot ideas
11/01/2019 EDIT: clarified something on the about section, added and deleted a few plot ideas
10/05/2019 EDIT: added some stuff on the about section, modified plots and settings; deleted a bunch of bump messages to keep the thread clean
12/05/2019 EDIT: reworked the about section, put spoilers for better structuring, added the Writing Mood tab

Last edited:
any interest in a prohibition era rp?
I'm all up for that but I don't know much about it. I'm not from USA so my historical knowledge grasps mostly Europe and the country I'm from. I'm happy to read up on the era though, it really feels super fun to set a rp there.

Feeling up to a WWII roleplay? And do you know much about the Berlin Wall? We could base it off of that :)
Also, I read Warrior Cats when I was younger.

Feeling up to a WWII roleplay? And do you know much about the Berlin Wall? We could base it off of that :)
Also, I read Warrior Cats when I was younger.

That sounds really fun! PM me =D
I was really big into Warrior Cats for a long portion of my teenagehood. I've participated in DeviantArt Roleplay groups for like 3 or 4 years x)

In down for any of these really. I'm not super well versed in European history but I can read into it. Which ever you have a bigger hankering for.

I've been craving a story between a king and his mistress it's a long shot but if your interested let me know!! (:

Hmm what if we don't like the plots but still want to rp, could we still PM you with another plot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back