• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Sorry, I've just been caught up in Job stuff and think I can finally get a post in when I get home today.

Was there any other thoughts on Sayuri?
Personally, I like the idea that you were childhood friends with Sjet. Perhaps she saved your life when you were young and exploring the woods (warded off a hungry ghost with arts her mother taught her?) and you gave her a family heirloom as a token of your favour. That heirloom turned out to be the key she needed to open the Fortress.

Was there any other thoughts on Sayuri?

This is me just putting my ideas on how other characters might have interacted with Sayuri.

Sjet wasn't much of a wilderness freak, but I think she and your character are about the same age, so you could well have grown up as friends, to some extent.

Garret is a dockworker. So, if you've had interactions before, it's probably that you used your gift of Medicine on him, or someone he cares about.

Pandemos seems to be mostly an outsider, but he could also have had use for your medical skills.

Crocodile Crocodile It might just be that you didn't copy the sheet correctly, because right now, your Eclipse has Supernal Sail, but no score in Sail at all... :-)

This is me just putting my ideas on how other characters might have interacted with Sayuri.

Sjet wasn't much of a wilderness freak, but I think she and your character are about the same age, so you could well have grown up as friends, to some extent.

Garret is a dockworker. So, if you've had interactions before, it's probably that you used your gift of Medicine on him, or someone he cares about.

Pandemos seems to be mostly an outsider, but he could also have had use for your medical skills.

Crocodile Crocodile It might just be that you didn't copy the sheet correctly, because right now, your Eclipse has Supernal Sail, but no score in Sail at all... :-)
I'm just lazy and need to complete sheet. lol

[Give me a Stamina + Athletics roll to see how well Garret is holding up under the exertion of holding the gate. Difficulty 7]
Does this count as a Feat of Strength for the bonus given to me by my Deadly Beastman Transformation Charm?

I like all of these ideas. And I may or may not be eyeing Garret as someone Sayuri may or may not develop a crush on... >.>

*ahem*

A quick question for Random Word Random Word . What is your policy on stunt dice? How do you want them handled?

Edit - as in, when we get a good description on an action, do we award the dice or do we wait for your ok?

A quick question for Random Word Random Word . What is your policy on stunt dice? How do you want them handled?

Edit - as in, when we get a good description on an action, do we award the dice or do we wait for your ok?
I'm so glad you asked! You do your own stunt awards. Award yourselves minor stunts for any roll that you describe. I expect you'll always get that. Once per scene you can award yourself a Major stunt. Twice per story you can award yourself a Defining stunt.

I'm so glad you asked! You do your own stunt awards. Award yourselves minor stunts for any roll that you describe. I expect you'll always get that. Once per scene you can award yourself a Major stunt. Twice per story you can award yourself a Defining stunt.
Good deal. Sounds like a plan.

Ok, another question. Since our characters have just Exalted, do we not have our artifacts and hearthstones yet?

Ok, another question. Since our characters have just Exalted, do we not have our artifacts and hearthstones yet?
Sjet has her hearthstone from the Fortress. The Captain has his artifacts. The rest of you will find your artifacts in play, but soon. Sayuri has her artifacts, as she's been Exalted for years. Possibly as much as a decade.

Flesh-Sloughing Wave
The spell's text is:
"The necromancer unleashes a wave of Essence, rolling an unblockable (Perception + Occult) decisive attack against all living enemies within range, ignoring cover. Each hit enemy suffers (Intelligence + extra successes) dice of damage, or (Intelligence + Essence + extra successes for battle groups. Damaged characters suffer an additional die of lethal damage, ignoring Hardness, at the start of each of their turns as their flesh seeks to escape them. This ends if a damage die doesn’t roll any successes. This spell also tears the flesh free from all corpses within range, leaving only clean bone behind."

But it doesn't list the range. I think Short Range is appropriate, but wanted Random Word Random Word to make a ruling.

I have no idea what they were thinking on that one. It completely bypasses parry, soak, initiative, and hardness. It's unlcear if it causes your initiative to reset, though it seems it ought to, even though it didn't use any of your initiative in its mechanics. I hope it gets rewritten before publication, but we'll roll with it at short range for now. It certainly can't be any bigger than short range, but close range would be quite limiting.

I have no idea what they were thinking on that one. It completely bypasses parry, soak, initiative, and hardness. It's unlcear if it causes your initiative to reset, though it seems it ought to, even though it didn't use any of your initiative in its mechanics. I hope it gets rewritten before publication, but we'll roll with it at short range for now. It certainly can't be any bigger than short range, but close range would be quite limiting.

Any spell, Sorcery, or Necromancy resets you to Base Initiative, IIRC

Any spell, Sorcery, or Necromancy resets you to Base Initiative, IIRC
No, the Shape Sorcery/Necromancy action does not inherently cause you to reset to base. That would make non-attack spells reset your initiative, which would be a bit weird. It would also be weird in combination with withering attack spells like Obsidian Butterflies. Initiative only usually resets to base after a spell that creates a Decisive Attack, like Flight of the Brilliant Raptor (which does use your initiative for damage like normal).

No, the Shape Sorcery/Necromancy action does not inherently cause you to reset to base. That would make non-attack spells reset your initiative, which would be a bit weird. It would also be weird in combination with withering attack spells like Obsidian Butterflies. Initiative only usually resets to base after a spell that creates a Decisive Attack, like Flight of the Brilliant Raptor (which does use your initiative for damage like normal).

OK, but this is a Decisive Attack, so am fine with it resetting my Initiative.

*waves hand wildly*

I am here! Sorry, work has had me busy the past few days. I'm finally getting a chance to look through the Charms. I thought I saw Dragon's Breath somewhere and I'm trying to find it again because I think it would be cool for Sayuri to have. But she only uses it when she's REALLY angry lol.

*waves hand wildly*

I am here! Sorry, work has had me busy the past few days. I'm finally getting a chance to look through the Charms. I thought I saw Dragon's Breath somewhere and I'm trying to find it again because I think it would be cool for Sayuri to have. But she only uses it when she's REALLY angry lol.

If you need help finalizing details, just ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Back