OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

I can imagine an extremely talented painter not being able to also do a backflip.

Maybe Perception?

Yeah. I like that. And of course, with the right angle, any of the Attributes could be used. 

I like that a lot.

Love the ideas you guys posted. I have a final exam to take this evening. I may have time after that to pull all those ideas together. If not I'll do that tomorrow. I'll have questions for sure and then we can move onto the next part.

It looks like they're getting ready for the move to the new/old software. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

And same about Exalted 3e. This is my first actual game. Looking forward to see how it plays. And with messing with the rules. :)

Okay. Let's start. Calling all players!

JayTee JayTee , Blackadder Blackadder , Sherwood Sherwood , Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws , xarvh xarvh , Esbilon Esbilon ( Teh Frixz Teh Frixz )
(Let me know if I missed someone.)

First, we're going to set the stage. We have our region. In it, we have several major places:

Lucrete
This is a nation divided by caste. Conflict between the castes is constant as laws apply to each caste separately. The Lucretians are lead by an Oligarchy of merchants and military leaders that only reaches unity when repelling threats to their power.

Sihqe
Sihqe (pronounced see-qua) is nation of city-states lead by a weak Sultan. The Sultan came to power a year or so ago when his father died under suspicious circumstances. There is unrest amongst the Sihqe people who do not favor the new Sultan.

Haeren'Ti
Living on the plains as a nomadic people, the Haeren'Ti are more caravan than nation. Yet, they have laws and are lead by a ruthless Khan.

Sarenth Haven
The Sarenth Haven is an exclusive home for privileged artisans. Invitation only, the Haven once was completely hidden First Age artifacts fueled by the art that is produced there. The combination of fewer artisans and the slow corruption of the First Age artifacts has made the retreat public.

So, let's place you guys. Where are you going to start?

Samira definitely came from Sihqe and have traveled a bit with the Haeren'ti. As a traveling nation, they might be a good reason for how our characters met originally, whether they were Exalted or not.
As for where we start, I am fine with either, with a preference for Sarenth Haven. If you wish, we could do how and where our characters met, and maybe have them split, on purpose, to pursue two agendas at the same time, with some of us going to Sihqe, and some going to Sarenth Haven.

I was originally planning on having Ailera come from farther north, but was on the run from the assassins that she used to work for. As a starting place, I'm open to any location.

I was originally planning on having Ailera come from farther north, but was on the run from the assassins that she used to work for. As a starting place, I'm open to any location.

If our esteemed ST desires, in the Al-Qadim setting which is the inspiration for the Sihqe, there were several assassin groups, one of them was called the Flamedeath Society. Now, some of their higher members might be Fire Aspects, but the rest could be mortals practicing martial arts. Though of course, our ST can introduce new fellowships.

If our esteemed ST desires, in the Al-Qadim setting which is the inspiration for the Sihqe, there were several assassin groups, one of them was called the Flamedeath Society. Now, some of their higher members might be Fire Aspects, but the rest could be mortals practicing martial arts. Though of course, our ST can introduce new fellowships.
Sounds like fun.

The name of my particular hunted is the Hundred Serpent's Order. They had contracted me to kill V'neef Sushiko, but instead of killing her, I fell in love and we left the area to avoid other killers that are now after us both, Sushiko because they were hired to take her out, and me for betraying them and going on the run.

When I started sketching out converting such a setting to Exalted, I wanted the fellowships, and the sorcerous orders to be led by Dragon-Blooded, each order/fellowship goes with one element. And have them be sort of outcastes from the normal society, feared, but outside normal society.
And while Al-Qadim has no wood aspect order/fellowship, that was something that I wanted to add, in a part that is more reminiscent of the fallen kingdoms of Nog and Kadar, and one where at least part of them employ Necromancy, instead of Sorcery.

BTW, the Hundred Serpents' Nest sounds like a cool name for a fellowship based on Wood aspects...

I never thought of specifying any kind of elemental aspect for the higher ups of the Order, but I do like it.

I keep on thinking about the character concept of Ailera, and the movie House of Flying Daggers. The girl in the movie is blind, and I am seriously thinking of making a few tweaks to Ailera to do the same; drop a few Charms and add some scene long hearing Awareness ones to give her supernatural hearing. Thoughts?

I keep on thinking about the character concept of Ailera, and the movie House of Flying Daggers. The girl in the movie is blind, and I am seriously thinking of making a few tweaks to Ailera to do the same; drop a few Charms and add some scene long hearing Awareness ones to give her supernatural hearing. Thoughts?
I love it. That's such a fantastic movie.

Users who are viewing this thread