OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

With your singer and my dancer, we can be traveling performers.

I picked up the Infinite Resplendence Amulet, letting me remake my wardrobe at a moment's notice.

I wanted to take Craft, so eventually, I will be able to start taking maybe Craft Artifacts. 

But Performance is my charcater's Supernal. And coupled with Silver-Voiced Nightingale, it should be a BLAST.

I like it.  I personally went with Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style.  For some reason, I love that one.

Someone on the Exalted Forums of Onyx Path has published a fan-made set of Sidereal rules, which seem at least half-decent. Including Astrology that works like Sorcerous Workings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm okay with considering fan-made or third-party stuff, I just want to get a look at it first and approve it. If you give a link to something you're interested in, I'll take a look. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Song of Creation Sorcerous Initiation seems to be a perfect fit for my character, though it seems the second merit needs to be 2 dots, as per it's description.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/719260-ex3-in-which-we-brainstorm-sorcerous-initiations?p=726591#post726591

And for her Control spell, i was thinking about the following:

Commanding Presence of FireCost: 10 sm, 1 wpKeywords: NoneDuration: SpecialFrom the fiery valor within her, the sorcerer creates above herself a huge projection in her own image, dozens of feet tall and wreathed in flame, high enough to be seen for seven miles. Speaking through the image, the sorcerer’s voice is amplified so all who see her, even in the clamor of a storm or a battlefield, can hear her. The projection lasts one minute at minimum, and up to one scene. For every additional minute the sorcerer wishes the projection to last, her player must succeed at a reflexive Stamina roll. Failure ends the spell.Any social attacks made through the commanding presence of fire gain a non-charm dice bonus equal to the higher of (Sorcerer’s Essence or 3).A sorcerer who knows Commanding Presence of Fire as her control spell can keep up the spell for hours without fatigue – she doesn’t need to roll Stamina at all.Distortion (Goal Number: 10): Distorting a Commanding Presence of Fire cause sorcerer voice to falter and take on strange, squeaky tones and decreases his imposing figure by half. Remove occult bonus added by this spell to social attacks and decrease range of spell visibility by half.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/882274-new-spell-and-some-2nd-edition-spells-rewrite-for-3rd-edition-peach#post882274

The Song of Creation Sorcerous Initiation seems to be a perfect fit for my character, though it seems the second merit needs to be 2 dots, as per it's description.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/719260-ex3-in-which-we-brainstorm-sorcerous-initiations?p=726591#post726591

And for her Control spell, i was thinking about the following:

Commanding Presence of FireCost: 10 sm, 1 wpKeywords: NoneDuration: SpecialFrom the fiery valor within her, the sorcerer creates above herself a huge projection in her own image, dozens of feet tall and wreathed in flame, high enough to be seen for seven miles. Speaking through the image, the sorcerer’s voice is amplified so all who see her, even in the clamor of a storm or a battlefield, can hear her. The projection lasts one minute at minimum, and up to one scene. For every additional minute the sorcerer wishes the projection to last, her player must succeed at a reflexive Stamina roll. Failure ends the spell.Any social attacks made through the commanding presence of fire gain a non-charm dice bonus equal to the higher of (Sorcerer’s Essence or 3).A sorcerer who knows Commanding Presence of Fire as her control spell can keep up the spell for hours without fatigue – she doesn’t need to roll Stamina at all.Distortion (Goal Number: 10): Distorting a Commanding Presence of Fire cause sorcerer voice to falter and take on strange, squeaky tones and decreases his imposing figure by half. Remove occult bonus added by this spell to social attacks and decrease range of spell visibility by half.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/882274-new-spell-and-some-2nd-edition-spells-rewrite-for-3rd-edition-peach#post882274

That's a yes. Like that one.

I'm guessing that's a 3rd ed. Charm? If not I could throw together some errata to try and work something out 

That is a 3ed conversion of a 2ed Spell. I loved that spell even in 2ed, and when I came up with my Singer Zenith, i knew I wanted that as her Control Spell.

That should make your sonic attacks that much more impressive, I would think it would allow you to target whole groups. 

I was planning to use it just for my Performance Social Attacks, not for the Kiai from Silver-Voiced Nightingale, besides the Kiai only has one target, so battle groups are affected just the same as if it was a daiklaive (it is a Light Artifact Weapon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back