OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

Indeed. Great martial arts action. I am now thinking that Ailera will pose as a blind girl to the general public, but will really be fully sighted. Makes for a great cover for her. "She couldn't be the thief/killer. She's blind!"

Are we going to be using training times, or are we going to have that happen behind the scenes?

Suhiko (not Sushiko, Sherwood Sherwood ;)) has three central priorities at this stage, I think. 1) Keep away from the Realm and the Wyld Hunt. 2) Make friends with Exalts, spirits and other beings of great personal power. Mortals are unlikely to be important to her in the numbers they can be found here, and 3) find artifacts or knowledge that will help her gain power. So she'd be happy to help anyone in the group achieve their own goals, but if one were to ask her, she'd vote for going to Sarenth Haven for the first age artifacts that protect them.

Is it wyld or wild hunt? I thought it was just wild, The Wyld is more to do with things outside creation while the Wild Hunt is about exalting teens being killed.

It's the Wyld Hunt, since in their first 1300 years of like, they almost ewxclusively hunted Lunars on the edge of the Wyld.

I think working out Callas' exact goals are going to depend on where we start. I may need to tweak his background, merits and one or more intimacies as well.

I have a mechanics question to toss out. With my Martial Art Charms, I get the following bonus with my Form:
Any clothing she enchants with Pearlescent Filigree Defense gains the traits of light artifact armor, while weapons readied with Elegant Weapon Repertoire gain light artifact traits.
My Infinite Resplendence Amulet already provides me with the effect of light artifact armor, and I have a Dire Chain. Would the use of the Charm on these stack with what I already have or not? If not, I might go ahead and drop my Dire Chain for some other Merit.

Are we going to be using training times, or are we going to have that happen behind the scenes?
We'll use training times. But I'll give you ample opportunity to get training in. If not, we'll dump it.

I have a mechanics question to toss out. With my Martial Art Charms, I get the following bonus with my Form:

My Infinite Resplendence Amulet already provides me with the effect of light artifact armor, and I have a Dire Chain. Would the use of the Charm on these stack with what I already have or not? If not, I might go ahead and drop my Dire Chain for some other Merit.
Yeah, they would not stack. :(

Even though they do not stack, you can opt to keep the Dire Chain, and increase it's Artifact rating so you can later develop unique Evocations to it, which you cannot do to the items you enchant with the charm.

Good point. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the Evocations and how they work, though. 3E has a learning curve that I'm working on.

I'm not too impressed with evocations tbh, they don't do much for you that Solar or Martial Arts Charms don't do better. The good thing about having an actual weapon rather than counting on a Charm to do it for you is that you don't need to spend time and Motes activating the Charm. Plus style points for a particularly cool weapon. It might also be possible to pick up a Dire Chain later if you don't get one from the get-go.

But that's just it, Evocations can do things that Martial Arts and Solar Charms cannot do. You wanna play with themes of dripping poison on the weapon? Solar Charms will not do you any good. MA? maybe, depending on style, but not as good as Evocations based around it.

I'll have to come up with some good Evocations for a Direlash, once I see the kind of work everyone else has for their weapons.

Yeah, I'm still wrapping my head around the system.

So, we have a mixed opinion on where to start. So then, I think I'll pick. We'll start in Lucrete.

Now that we have the starting location, a bit of a general region, and characters, we can get rolling. Most of you know me. And you know my style. I LOVE emergent play. And I plan on running that way here.

What does emergent play mean? It means the game is established during play. Facts and stories emerge as we play the game.

That means I'm not determining story ahead of time. That also means you guys can make it up as you go. I'm hoping it'll make more sense when we get underway.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the game! We will all have to help each other with the mechanics for a while, but so long as everyone is patient with my many questions, we should have a great time.

Sherwood Sherwood if You want to see examples of Evocations written for Artifacts, head over to the Onyx Path forums, there's a thread there where people post their Artifacts and Evocations writeups, and some of the posters will be happy to help you design your Direlash.

We are not starting with a bang. We are starting slow so we can get to know you. We'll spend a day-in-the-life and see what happens together. Remember, I am an observer. I'm a player, too. And I'm excited to see what happens to you and where you go and what you do.

The first post will be up shortly.

Sherwood Sherwood if You want to see examples of Evocations written for Artifacts, head over to the Onyx Path forums, there's a thread there where people post their Artifacts and Evocations writeups, and some of the posters will be happy to help you design your Direlash.
Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't even thought of that. I have a hatred of trying to come up with my own custom Charms; I never seem to get the right balance of power, cost and effect and it is frustrating. It will be good to see what some other people have come up with.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I have a couple of general questions to get my head around what's going on. What year are we starting? Where exactly are we, as seen on the map? Roughly how many dragonblooded are known to be in the city? Is there a Satrap or other official Realm representative?

The default answers would be something like: 1) 768; 2) between Kamthahar and Champoor; 3) 20ish; 4) yes, but not someone who really matters anymore.

BTW, for all map and travelling needs, I recommend http://howsfamily.net/Exalted/map/

BTW Esbilon Esbilon I have a starting post up, and I hope that I have not overstepped any boundaries on Suhiko. I don't want to take any liberties with her.

BTW Esbilon Esbilon I have a starting post up, and I hope that I have not overstepped any boundaries on Suhiko. I don't want to take any liberties with her.
It's fine, I don't think Suhiko minds Ailera taking liberties ;)

I'm just trying to puzzle out exactly what headspace she's in at the moment. The timeline we discussed earlier doesn't really work any more. Now that the group's together and has been for a while, I'm inclined to go with the Exaltation scene as originally written, meaning that Suhiko has been fleeing the Realm since she learned of the Empress's disappearance. This also means that most of her pre-Exaltation time was spent at school, and though Imperial secondary schools are rife with backstabbing, few external assassins come there. For that reason, I'm inclined to think that Ailera was sent after her while she was somewhere out of the Realm's reach. That puts quite some limits on where it could be, but maybe Paragon or Lookshy would fit the bill. From there, I can see them running off together, in love and fleeing for their lives. What do you think?

I like it. Paragon sounds like a good place for me to have run into you.

Users who are viewing this thread