OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Welcome the Rebirth of Brilliance. Come on in, check-in here, and roll up your character! Post your character to the Characters section as a separate thread.

A reminder of expectations from the interest thread:

This is Rebirth of Brilliance, a third edition Exalted game that takes place in the Southeast. We will focus on a group of Solar Exalted played by you. Before you post in this forum, please understand the following expectations:

1. Respect. All players and the ST (myself) will be expected to treat each other with respect, especially where the RPNation rules explicitly dictate.
  2. Creativity. This game will be player-driven. Meaning I will not predetermine our game. I will be playing to "find out" like you will be. The players and their characters will need to have an idea of what they want out of narrative. That also includes establishing setting, antagonists, NPCs, etc. The player will have agency to help flesh out the world not only through their characters' actions, but through direct creative input. In addition, the player will be expected to be open to the creativity of the other players. This could include losing agency over details established about their character. As an example: Fellow player to you, establishing something about your character: "Remember the time we fought the tribesman and you took the arrow in the knee?"
  3. Collaboration. Players are expected to work with other players on ideas. Coming up with locations, people, places by working together to create a shared narrative space.
  4. Open mind. A lot of the time, while I will be using the mechanics as written, I will take liberty with how we use them to create narrative. As an example, I like to discuss the impact and consequences of the roll before it's rolled. Meaning, you will know what will happen if you fail or succeed before you roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
The corebook just came out a couple months ago. They plan to cover everyone, but books do take time.

Okay phew

I was like...you gotta be kidding me. Lunar mates, the Heavenly Bureaucracy, the Wyld. All that for naught. 

Yeah. It's unfortunate -- I'm itching for Infernals, personally -- but we should probably count ourselves lucky their policy is quality > speed, considering how some of the 2e books went.

omg Yozi and the Autochthon guys too. Heroic Mortals and dragonblooded. 

As long as my Raksha aren't as much of a mindfuck this time I'll wait. 

Yeah, the next one in the pipeline is Dragon-Blooded. I do know of a fan version for Infernals 3e (itching like Skrakes).

I'm looking forward to Lunars, Liminals, and Exigents more than anything else. 

So are we going with the standard char gen rules from the book or are there any "house rules" that are being used?

If at all possible, I'd like it if we could start at Essence 2 (+50 xp) rather than standard chargen.

Finally, I'm in!  Thanks @WlfSamurai.  So, the question of house rules has come up.  Are there any that we need to know about?

This is my first 3E game. I don't have any house rules for it yet. If there are suggestions, please make them and we'll discuss. I'm open right now.

Are the characters going to know one another prior to game start?

@JayTee

Do you mean we start the game with 50 XP (thus instantly raising us to Essence 2), or that we just start at Essence 2 with 0 XP?

Why would anyone want more points to buy cool stuff for their characters? That's just dumb.

Just in case it wasn't obvious, that was sarcasm.

Users who are viewing this thread