OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

Glad you liked the list even if it wasn't immediately helpful :)

If you feel like you've written yourself into a corner game-wise, there's no shame in starting over. Which given the enormous change in the cast might be the sane thing to do anyway. And perhaps a bit of ooc coordination would be helpful before jumping in too.

@WlfSamurai, I've sent a PM to @Red Shadow Claws, telling him about the game. He might be sending you a message shortly.

With all the changes in the players, I can stand to see a reboot of the game.

Okay, yes. Let's reboot it. I'm sorry to those who started playing, it's just the best way.

So, with that in mind, do we have anyone that wants to change their character?

Also, we are rebooting, I'm going to through out a thread where we do some situation/world building. Set where we are and what we know. Characters can change at that time, as well. And the new people can weigh what they want to play.

And of course, there's an impending site change. *sigh* Seems like the whole site has stopped moving because of it.

Yay, reboot :)

And yeah, site change is a bit of a pain, but it's worth it to get rid of this crappy editor and get BB-codes back.

Regarding the reboot itself, I'm happy to keep  Suhiko and the general setting. I'd probably be there on my own then, rather than coming with an Imperial delegation (unless one's handy), but that's mall fries. And also matches better with the original story I had in mind for her.

I'm fine with Kallas. I'm guessing we're going to revise the background to assume his Exaltation is not public news then?

I'm unhappy about the reboot, but the vote seems to be against me. Either way, I'm still here and ready to game. I'll be keeping my character more or less the same, although I might change his background to him being a well respected and influential sorcerer.

I understand @JayTee. And you know it's not a decision I made lightly. It took me a long time to decide. I appreciate your understanding.

But I also think it's a chance for us to set the game up for even more success. I'd like to keep the rule where everybody is working together and already knows each other.

I would be happy to, but I am confused as to which characters are active, and which aren't, so I can start building my first 3e Solar.

The active characters are (I think):

V'Neef Suhiko - Dawn Caste General

Clear-Sighted Kvau - Twilight Caste Sorcerer

Kaliva Callas - Eclipse Caste Diplomat

Ailera Kieorin - Dawn Caste Martial Artist/Assassin

Their stats will be largely unchanged, but there are some tweaks to bgs.

I've been very much on the sidelines, since the game seemed to had halted badly around the time I was invited.
Per experience, a game can survive if one of the players posts every week, but not if the ST does, it kills the sense of flow and engagement that the players have.
This is a lot more time than most people can dedicate and unfortunately it's easy to underestimate it.
Which is why the majority of games die early despite the enthusiasm of the players (which is obvious in these last posts).
It's up to @WlfSamurai to decide whether he genuinely has enough time to sink into STing a game.

@xarvh is, of course, correct. If I were to run this game not posting or posting the way I was the last few weeks, it would fail. Perhaps in some ways it already has. And the initial group of players definitely did not all even post. Which is typical. But I had concerns about if the posting would pickup. So I let it slip. It wasn't until this new bought of players showing interest that I feel like we have a chance.

Regardless, we have four here ready to play. And I can commit to posting once a day. If you guys are willing to play, I will run.

The same caveats apply, as always:

1. My games are highly player-driven, I won't ever pre-determine outcomes or options.
  2. My games are emergent. Meaning, I will be giving you a lot of agency. I may ask you to tell ME about things in the world. Or tell ME what happened that one time.
  3. I reserve the right to bend Exalted's system to your benefit. Meaning, if we want to use the rules differently we can.

Happy to give it a shot then.
I am far too lazy to go through the E3 combat charms, so I will play a character with just enough Resistance charms to survive.

I have two concepts in mind: a Night/Twilight spy master or a Zenith figurative artist, depending on how well it would work with the other players and characters.

Excellent. It might help to talk about some broad strokes of our game. I'm going to start a new Foundation thread so we can discuss those broad strokes.

One point I want to stress: you all know each other and are already a group working together. You don't have to like each other, but you do have to be allies working together start. Once the game has started, you can take it in any direction.

I'd very much love to but I've always had issues trying to fit in with the solar caste. I never got a taste for them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back