• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [OOC] Dyson

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.

Lock.

0b849ac1b37e171a39d7d882379bb9a8--nebulas-the-ojays.jpg

This is an OOC & background for a Superpowered but realism based RP. No capes, no fantastic adventures. Humans dealing with scientific anomaly. The setting is present time 2018 a year after the meteorite landed, so about a year a VERY small number of people have had scientific and biological enhancements to the point of spectacles from a comic book issue. They (you) don't know how, you don't know why. But every now and then they have dreams... more like visions of a glowing element the color of the cosmos. Calling to them. Not by name, by a cellular tingling, almost as if something is breaching the soul. And one word: Lock.
As the RP progresses, we will discover the secrets of Dysonium and reveal the truth behind the newfound reality that has landed upon us. The tone or feel of this RP will be similar to Stranger Things, grounded but retro-fantastical.
RULES:
1. The main one. Respect RPN and its rules.
2. Any questions or intrigue about the plot or story come to me! I love hearing ideas even if we don't incorporate them.
3. OOC will be friendly and respectful. IC be extra and add flair all you'd like BUT...
4. BE REASONABLE. Realistically adapt and grow into abilities and make logical choices. You can control weather? Know that you will not begin with master powers or creating storms at will. Go into a very secure Army base tossing fireballs alone? Your IC has ended lol.
5. I do not mind if you guys subplot romance. Just keep it PG-13.
6. Try to have UNIQUE characters. For some reason people love military trained or martial arts based characters. As much interest as this RP go to I can tell you now EVERYONE WILL NOT MAKE IT. If you want to make a combat character go ahead just flesh them out. I will not begin approval process until I see and feel good about your CS sheet. Only those that are approved will get an ability. If you do not make the cut, or if you don't even want to have a powered character speak to me about a support role and I'll see what I can do.
7. If you didn't know from the InCheck, the process for selecting abilities will be the combination of your preferred power added with a random power from me. Ex. (Mind control + Enhanced Hearing = Widespread Telepathy which is hearing minds over vast distances)
If you don't like you power you'll just have to find a way to cope. Side note: I will NOT change true power no matter how weak or overpowered it is. Once it's yours, it's yours.
8. If you cannot post due to IRL or other reasons please post in consideration of everyone else. I'm interpreting this RP to go relatively fast pace wise not too speedy, so if you need assistance ask and you shall receive! And...
9. If you do fall too far behind or get in a hole you cant climb out of that doesn't mean you're done for. Unless you're intentionally a jerk or going against the tide of the plot, you can get back up to pace.
10. If you band together, or fight amongst each other IC, coordinate with each other as I will be overseeing those situations with a final outcome, but stay true to character and abilities. Don't force it just because you wanna "be great"
11. HAVE FUNNNNNNNN!!!!!
12. Now, if you read, accept, and understand all rules: At the end of your CS, write a sentence mentioning a favorite comic book character in a fashion that would be true to your character.

Last edited:
I'm out for a few hours and might not get enough written after, but I should have my guy finished tomorrow.

So many young people... maybe I should make my char a bit younger? I just don't want Agent23 Agent23 to be all alone up there in the near forties. A middle ground should be okay, right? I just don't know what we old folk are gonna have in common with you youngsters...

...Sheesh guhrl, I am sure he just acting whack, ya mean? He a playa and you gotta hate the game not the person willingly participating in something that is clearly designed to be advantageous to their own vices, and which is deliberately structured and branded to shift personal blame onto what is supposedly a social construct outside the bounds of critique... yall mean? Word... Probably my first encounter with one of you

Well, my favourite age group to play is the thirties, so I can submit a lady in her thirties? But obviously only when I've finished Caleb!

Nah, I am just playing. You can focus on your Caleb. Unless you really want to. I just don't want my char to become a bloody tutor for you lot, while Agent23's char becomes the guy who rents them their apartment. Would be so weird

Wow. I can totally see that. O.o

He could also be the creepy guy who watches them in a trenchcoat.

I usually submit more than one character where an RP allows it anyway. I'll see how it goes though as this weekend suddenly got busy for me in RPN-land, so slightly delayed on CS completion.

I was still talking about Danny. Put him in a trenchcoat and its creepier than he is normally.

I might have to agree with you there. He does seem a bit creepy. Makes me think of that telepathic guy in Heroes, who had a son who is also a telepath and a cop. Creepy

There's always a way for our characters to interact, I usually use people's occupations to link them. But, with MC's obsession with Dysonium she will have traced every article and instance of the element interacting or being near an area. She'll be bordering into a philia when the IC starts plus her programming skills will lead her to some darker places on the web...

But! I will begin generating people's powers now! I have a super bowl party to head to in a few so I won't be on too long.

Excellent cant wait. I work in about an hour so i will be checking in from time to time.

Brillaint. Can't wait to see how spontaneous tomato generation mixes with my chars power. I hope you are very creative.

Aww, yeah. Caleb needs to be reacquainted with his imagination and curiosity!

Oh, Hm. Well, I can't think of anything that I could need assistance with rn.

Actually, there is one thing; I am currently researching powers and I need to figure out which one would fit my character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back