• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Dyson - Realistic Superpowered RP [Stranger Things Feel]

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
MAIN - Dyson

OOC - Realistic/Modern - [OOC] Dyson
Characters - Realistic/Modern - [CS] Dyson

I have an idea in mind of a non-conventional superpower RP with kind of a feel and expansive sense of Stranger Things. The plot would basically be that a new but seemingly extraterrestrial periodic element has been discovered at the bottom of the Earth's ocean, and also broke off upon hitting Earth's atmosphere (disclosed from the public). This new element, named Dysonium has gauged the interests of scientists, resource analysts, and every adventurous mind from around the globe. Extremely little of this element has been found, but the little that has is being tested and experimented for properties... in which the results have been law defying, resulting in an atomic change of a select few individuals residual DNA. The ability selection process will be unique, in that you select an ability, I randomize an ability, and from there the two abilities will be mixed for your characters' superpower.

(Your preferred power + Random Power = Your True Power)

EXAMPLE:
(Pyrokinesis + Rain Control = Smoke/Steam Manipulation OR Acid Manipulation)

• Sometimes mixes can provide more than one choice.

Of course this isn't going to be a capes and heroes type fantasy adventure. This will be very grounded and realistic, despite how crazy powers may be. If you've stuck around long enough, click and check out the plot details below! I really need to know people will stick around for this. My thinking was that our characters were a group of late teen / young adults that either individually or collectively stumble upon some Dysonium, and upon being exposed to the new element, it caused a fluctuation in them either cellular or neurological that would give them abilities.

The Story (click the text):

What we know.

2017. A meteorite was detected in New Zealand-Australian airspace that was not detected by any known man made satellites, radars, or technology. Not until it entered Earth's atmosphere in solid form. Upon landing outside of New Zealand, a black sanctioned task force was sent to retrieve it, discovering a luminous cosmically colored cluster of solid and an unknown element. It was taken to a classified Australian site where this uncanny element was studied. As a liquid, it has an atomic number of 1 (light as Hydrogen the lightest element, meaning it could float in liquid state). As a gas, it has an atomic number of 60, right in the middle of all elements and the second heaviest gas. As a solid it's atomic number is 120, the now heaviest and durable solid of all elements. And then, this was when humankind as we knew would change.

The element was discovered to have been spread in radius and mass before entering Earth. Meaning it was a gas before hitting the atmosphere, which scientifically improbable but not impossible. But here's what is impossible. The element once removed from the ocean floor, once a solid mass oxidized with Earth's air... it became liquid. The opposite of what lower to high density physically does. This element operates, melts, condensates, and evaporates on an entirely different set of physics. Which begs the question: Where did it come from?

In the span of the year since 'Dysonium' has been discovered (named after the theoretical Dyson Spheres which adapt to environmental aspects) The media has pushed it as a miraculous and cool spectacle, its seemingly self-changing properties the topic of scientific and philosophical phenomena larger than even Einstein's theory of relativity.

But those that look deeper find something more. From the Earth satellites, a light of almost all colors shines from a point in Australia, life surrounding the area both dies within a week and fully flourishes just as fast. Men in hazard suits, black uniformed men, enter but don't leave. All other governments reach out only to be shunned to what's already been provided to the public. This has pushed the mysterious element's worth up to 30 billion a GRAM. It has invoked interests of science, philosophers, adventurers, and even government enforcement and intelligence. Why?

Because New Years 2018, the Dysonium not only lit up in solid state, it emitted a radioactive frequency. And to those on the inside of this information. The code was derived in Morse as a word: LOCKSMITH. The element was communicating. It was more than a natural resource.. it could be humanity's natural unconditional evolution. As the mystery around Dysonium unfolds, its reaches will affect far more than the balance of elements and nature. Human nature was also about to change forever.

Last edited:
Very interested - let me know when the selection process starts. Used a random generator for my preffered as well - otherwise I just always take telepahty or teleportation. I got Intuitive Aptitude. Apparantly that is not intuitive ability. I know how things work and what they are... But i can't replicate it without practice. So for mental things like coding, I will understand it and be able to replicate it on a prodigious level - but i won't be able to type as fast. For physical things like gymnastics - I know how it works and how to become strong enough to replicate it... But without putting in the effort I can't actually do more than an gymast could have done using my body. It's interesting... If it won't fit I can roll again. Let me know.

Wow! So much interest!!! Thanks a lot!

Very interested - let me know when the selection process starts. Used a random generator for my preffered as well - otherwise I just always take telepahty or teleportation. I got Intuitive Aptitude. Apparantly that is not intuitive ability. I know how things work and what they are... But i can't replicate it without practice. So for mental things like coding, I will understand it and be able to replicate it on a prodigious level - but i won't be able to type as fast. For physical things like gymnastics - I know how it works and how to become strong enough to replicate it... But without putting in the effort I can't actually do more than an gymast could have done using my body. It's interesting... If it won't fit I can roll again. Let me know.
The thing about your preferred power is that you can have it be whatever you want. This way even though it's combining with a random power it's like a compromise of what you want without fully doing something you'd adapt well. Basically learning to adapt and change to a new power with a bit of familiarity.

I myself will be in charge of assigning the random power.

Yeah sounds good to me! My CS is already up so after you read the rules feel free to adapt and reference any information in the bio as you see fit.

Gah... I kinda agree. Gonna write a few ideas down and roll a dice. That limits the randomness from my side - without allowing me just pick the usual. Will check back later.

Gah... I kinda agree. Gonna write a few ideas down and roll a dice. That limits the randomness from my side - without allowing me just pick the usual. Will check back later.
Well all you would need to do is pick what power you'd like to have. I'll be the one doing the random power and mixing it to find your true power.

So, I'm creating my character now. But I just wanna make sure it's okay if she is Australian. I was hoping to make her a powered teen who is in America on holiday with her friend.

[for the first time ever im gonna play a male too UNLESS someone wants to play her male aussie friend!???][actually, that's a question i have OppositeInverse OppositeInverse , if no-one wants to play my characters friend, can I play a powerless character? Just a normal guy? I would feel bad playing two super's]

She has recently finished highschool and is taking her gap year in America with her best friend. Their families think it's just for fun, but really, my oc wants more information about her power and more information about other people who have been affacted, becauss despite the fact Australia is probably the Dysonium capital of the world, very few people have been affected there.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I just woke up and I want all of this information out of my head~

So, I'm creating my character now. But I just wanna make sure it's okay if she is Australian. I was hoping to make her a powered teen who is in America on holiday with her friend.

[for the first time ever im gonna play a male too UNLESS someone wants to play her male aussie friend!???][actually, that's a question i have OppositeInverse OppositeInverse , if no-one wants to play my characters friend, can I play a powerless character? Just a normal guy? I would feel bad playing two super's]

She has recently finished highschool and is taking her gap year in America with her best friend. Their families think it's just for fun, but really, my oc wants more information about her power and more information about other people who have been affacted, becauss despite the fact Australia is probably the Dysonium capital of the world, very few people have been affected there.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I just woke up and I want all of this information out of my head~
Makes perfect sense! I don't mind you NPCing a secondary powerless character at all!!

Greetings! I was just passing by, and I noticed a brand-spankin' new RP just opened up (This one)! Got room for one more?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back