• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC chat

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'll wait for our frontline to decide, but I think I like my cozy square F2. Didn't get shot there thus far.

Always good to have a potential sacrifice within arm's reach, so I don't mind...

Got it, I'll get the post ready tomorrow morning. As I was waiting I chose to redo the Human Merchant as I thought I might have done something wrong and I found out I did. The Human Merchant I made before only had 16/18 skills that they were proficient in by level 20, even though it should have been 17. The new Human Merchant is proficient in 18/18 by level 9.

As far as I know, in DnD there is no penalty for firing a ranged weapon into melee. But I am hardly the expert.

OK, so I've had a look and I'm going to make a call on this. On page 204 of the PHB there is a small bit about having a clear path to the target. The problem is that it's written so vaguely that it can be misinterpreted or just ignored for not being clear enough. One way it can interpenetrated is that you can only cast a spell if you have line of site and if you have an uninterrupted spell line. This is something that I'll not be doing. What I'll be doing is that if you have line of site then you're good to go, you cant hit them if they are in full cover and partial cover is fine.

OK, so I've had a look and I'm going to make a call on this. On page 204 of the PHB there is a small bit about having a clear path to the target. The problem is that it's written so vaguely that it can be misinterpreted or just ignored for not being clear enough. One way it can interpenetrated is that you can only cast a spell if you have line of site and if you have an uninterrupted spell line. This is something that I'll not be doing. What I'll be doing is that if you have line of site then you're good to go, you cant hit them if they are in full cover and partial cover is fine.

Given that each square is 5feet. And mordu doesn't take up 5feet. I should still be able to see the goblin. Would I be able to shoot past Mordu then, as the goblin isn't actively trying to seek cover behind Mordu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back