• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice OOC: Brennen's Bastion

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yes - though by the end of it, he knew what the ingredients were. That might not make it easy to get them, mind you; but it's the foundation for his rise to greatness. Gotta get that gun loaded, after all.

Yes - though by the end of it, he knew what the ingredients were. That might not make it easy to get them, mind you; but it's the foundation for his rise to greatness. Gotta get that gun loaded, after all.
Speaking of! I'm going to take the rapid reload feat.

Psychie Psychie A few questions for you:
1. How did Nyx learn the tongue of giants? From books in the castle, or was there a teacher?
2. There's a war in the south, and Iomedae's servants won't stay away from that; how old is Lord Orwyn, by now? Young enough to still fight, or old enough that he stayed behind as a teacher and advisor?
3. Did Nyx ever try to meet other minotaurs, after leaving the paladins? Was he successful?
4. Did he ever try to visit the battlefield where he was found?
5. How much does he like horses, and do I need to worry about finding an appropriate mount for a fully grown minotaur?

@Silanon would the craft(traps) bonus apply to any craft or traps only?
It will only apply to traps - there's nothing like a general Craft skill.
Now that you mention Crafting: Some of the craft times in Pathfinder are very long if I recall correctly. Sometimes too long to really find enough time to use the skills properly. If anyone wants to do some crafting, but the time's just way too long to even bother, let me know - I'm happy to quicken some of the long downtime activities to a point where you can reasonably take advantage of them.

Psychie Psychie A few questions for you:
1. How did Nyx learn the tongue of giants? From books in the castle, or was there a teacher?
2. There's a war in the south, and Iomedae's servants won't stay away from that; how old is Lord Orwyn, by now? Young enough to still fight, or old enough that he stayed behind as a teacher and advisor?
3. Did Nyx ever try to meet other minotaurs, after leaving the paladins? Was he successful?
5. How much does he like horses, and do I need to worry about finding an appropriate mount for a fully grown minotaur?

It will only apply to traps - there's nothing like a general Craft skill.
Now that you mention Crafting: Some of the craft times in Pathfinder are very long if I recall correctly. Sometimes too long to really find enough time to use the skills properly. If anyone wants to do some crafting, but the time's just way too long to even bother, let me know - I'm happy to quicken some of the long downtime activities to a point where you can reasonably take advantage of them.
Aye aye!

Silanon Silanon can you tell me about the Kobold tribe Grit would hail from? And if it was was an underground or forest?

I can switch out crafty for forest to get more use out of things.

I'll tell you more tomorrow - getting late.

Underground or forest work out equally well. The former would be living in the mountains itself, natural caves and old dwarven tunnels; the forest tribe would live just a little south from there, on the forested southern slopes, so to speak. Your choice! Either way, the northern tribes from the desert are the problem, and expanding to the south has never ended well; the wild elves and their friends do not like too many kobolds, though they leave you alone in your homes. Thus the dire situation, one might say. There's devil worshippers in the south-east that might be a last option if the dragon can not be found; noone from your tribe has seen their dark towers, except maybe the matriarch, but they frequently show up near your borders, never crossing them.

More on the tribe tomorrow; let me know if there's something specific you need.

Silanon Silanon

Aha! I have discovered, that if I make black powder myself. It is much cheaper.

1 dose of black powder = 10 gp

Black powder is basically sulfur, charcoal. And saltpeter.

Brimstone(sulfur) = 5sp
Charcoal = 5sp
Saltpeter = 3gp
Total = 4gp

By making it myself its fifty percent cheaper. Without factoring in the measurements or how many doses I would be able to make with one of each.

The big question is mixing.

Would I be able to use mix it with what is provided in a gunsmith kit, given it's all j need to work in firearms. Or would I need to purchase an alchemy crafting kit?

How would I get a skill in craft (alchemy) spend one of my starting ranks on it?

@Psychie A few questions for you:
1. Lets go with him looking into his past, he researched the true nature of minotaurs, including their native tongue.
2. Lord Orwyn is, by now, rather old, and would have probably stayed behind to be a teacher to the next generation of warriors.
3. Nyx is uncertain with trying to contact others of his race, but he is curious to meet some. Has not had any luck yet in coming across any others of his kind.
4. No, he has not.
5. No real opinion on horses, but will probably stick to his own two feet. Will be looking for some magic boots to up his movement speed to be able to keep up once he gets to his full size.

A question for our illustrious Storyteller. Are we going to be city-based, or more mobile? I am wondering if there is any reason for me to buy a riding horse.

And a backstory is percolating in my mind for Renna. I just need to put some polish on it.

I have the first steps in a story for Renna in her background tab, subject to Storyteller approval. I want to add more to it, but I'm not quite sure what will work well with the story line that Sil has planned for us. Please, give me your feedback so I can get some more flesh to the body of this story.

How the heck did yall get so much money! Did I just pick the poor class lol?

Well, I guess it balances out given what I start with. But nust want to make sure in case I'm missing somethimg.

There are two Traits; one is Rich Parents, and the other is Chosen Child. Both give you a starting money amount of 900 gp.

Dang! Yall be packing! I'll need to convince you to give charity.

With what looked like 200 feats to choose from, I sort of just randomly picked one that sounded handy.

I picked that Trait to be able to afford some good armor. I'm a very obvious target, and I want to try to avoid getting dead.

I picked that Trait to be able to afford some good armor. I'm a very obvious target, and I want to try to avoid getting dead.
I picked the cheapest at the moment. 1 go for a raggedy tunic, cause I got to save my money for ammo.

On the plus side, I got some natural AC bonuses and dexterity to rely on.

Puts me at an okay 17 AC. If I have money left over I'll get some leather armor instead for an invincible 18 AC

Well, soon enough our minotaur will have a Dex minus, along with penalties for being Large. She'll need good armor and lots of hit points to keep alive.

Well, soon enough our minotaur will have a Dex minus, along with penalties for being Large. She'll need good armor and lots of hit points to keep alive.
Yup. I hope to make up for it with lots of strength to make the ouchies on the other people.

I can't multi-class until after 8th level. I have a racial class right now. Once I'm 9th, I plan on going with either barbarian for the Rage powers or fighter for the bonus Feats.

That is one downside to the minotaur, but it is compensated by getting attribute bonuses for your first six levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back