• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC - Black Ops

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm thinking the best plan might be to collapse as much of one side of scaffolding as we can and hide behind the bot for the other side and try to get the hell out of there.

how long does it take you to collapse scaffolding though?
I suppose while you do that Im going to be trying to locate them and virtually damage/disadvantage them

Once it seems viable, we make run for it.

Yes to all you said! But, you're trying to incapacitate, not kill, if you throw somebody off that height they might not live to tell their pals about it... This is a training mission after all.

Yes to all you said! But, you're trying to incapacitate, not kill, if you throw somebody off that height they might not live to tell their pals about it... This is a training mission after all.
You know what they say, go big or go home.

If you go and kill someone that represents such an investment for them, they might just umm... "fire" you then and there.

This is an impossible task.
"Be as fast as you can but also be really slow. Eliminate your enemies but by the way you cant touch them. Oh yea and they have magic."

Guys, let's do this, to better understand how the test is devised, I'll give you a protip... Inspect the armor and guns! The tools make the man, and in the brutal world of shadowrun taking care of your gear is usually what keeps you from getting brutally disfigured!

Can't kill, hmmm. I was thinking I could remove bolts and stuff on load bearing sections. Maybe I could collapse one section with no one on it to show I can, then demand they throw down their guns. A'ight GM, time to check gear. Might make a default armory roll too.

Can't kill, hmmm. I was thinking I could remove bolts and stuff on load bearing sections. Maybe I could collapse one section with no one on it to show I can, then demand they throw down their guns. A'ight GM, time to check gear. Might make a default armory roll too.

You think theyll be intimidated if they are aware we cant kill them? Well.. maybe if we appear truly mad, but...

You think theyll be intimidated if they are aware we cant kill them? Well.. maybe if we appear truly mad, but...

They might not take the risk. Seeing a thing you're standing on violently collapse then getting threatened with the same, even in a training exercise, could be effective intimidation. Even if we only get one to throw their guns, that's a neutralization with almost no risk on our part. Assuming everything goes to plan and nothing unexpected happens, which it will but hey that's life.

They might not take the risk. Seeing a thing you're standing on violently collapse then getting threatened with the same, even in a training exercise, could be effective intimidation. Even if we only get one to throw their guns, that's a neutralization with almost no risk on our part. Assuming everything goes to plan and nothing unexpected happens, which it will but hey that's life.

I mean, if worse comes to worse, I do have intimidation and I'm also a wee bit mad, but I'm gonna probably roll tactics on whether or not this is a good thing to do, based on their personalities and all

Ivar, the Guns skill only work to use them when based on DX and to "take immediate action" (such as ejecting a jammed round) when based on IQ. So you roll defaults to Armoury, wich in your case is IQ-5, you rolled 9 so you fail the roll.

Ivar, the Guns skill only work to use them when based on DX and to "take immediate action" (such as ejecting a jammed round) when based on IQ. So you roll defaults to Armoury, wich in your case is IQ-5, you rolled 9 so you fail the roll.
Wow, that's harsh. That's gonna be a fast ride to hell with defaulting any skills I see!

Which brings me to the question: how do you level up in gurps, and when you do, do you get a number of points to buy anything again?
Or can we use in game time that is not being roleplayed (as in evenings,etc) to study something and then put it in the sheet after a given number of hours/study sessions?

Which brings me to the question: how do you level up in gurps, and when you do, do you get a number of points to buy anything again?
Or can we use in game time that is not being roleplayed (as in evenings,etc) to study something and then put it in the sheet after a given number of hours/study sessions?
I'll give you points as you play, but thats only half the way, you must find time to train your skills and also find someone to teach them to you.

I'll give you points as you play, but thats only half the way, you must find time to train your skills and also find someone to teach them to you.

I guess I'm gonna make notes on the lack of which skills fucked me up most in this mission and go from there... :/

We'll use in game time, and usually there's someone that has the expertise to teach you stuffs, so dont worry, first, learn how to play and wich skills are more important, then you can tweak them as you see fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back