• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern one x one - teen roleplay

Zim started off down the way she directed, he thought about the comment she had said about her parents but decided not to ask about it. It seemed she came from a family very different from his own. Again, not wanting to think of his own hardships again he just smiled and nodded, an agreement that he would have her home soon. He hoped Skylar was also right about the food because he was beyond starving.

- - - - -

(So I'm thinking that they have been seeing each other often and actually working on the project and becoming great friends, and now Zim won't be at school one day and a few days after that. Maybe Skylar tries to reach him? Or even come to his aunts house? Lemme know what you think xD)

Zim was laying in his bed, feeling a little sluggish this morning before school. He shot a quick text to Skylar:

>I sent the stuff for the project to your email - See you soon, Ms. Hart

They had been seeing each other a lot recently, it was mostly revolved around the project yes but after the first night they had together he knew there was spark in her, and he had to find it. He found himself thinking of her often, the curve of her body, the waviness to her hair, yet he wasn't sure how she felt about him. Zim had hoped that after they turned in the project today they would still hang out. He had learned a lot about her, she was creative and funny but most of all sweet. Putting their minds together made this book project a breeze. After he threw his phone aside he sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed, he hung is head in his hands and rubbed his eyes a bit before he heard a soft knock at his door. "On sec!" He yelled, throwing on a nearby shirt. It was his aunt and she had a solemn look on her face, her eyes swollen from crying. "Zim... I- I didn't know how to tell you... But your mother is dead."

(I love that idea! Ooh and maybe in an attempt to comfort him when she finds out she says stuff like you're always welcome at my house, come over whenever, we can hang out, im always here for you etc- but this is where the issue that her parents disapprove of him come in!)

Sky had some of the same thoughts as Zim, she really warmed up to him, looked forward to seeing him everyday at school, so she was certain that she would make the effort to still see him after the project was handed in. Despite feeling comfortable around him she always got butterflies in her tummy at the thought of seeing him, and her heart filled with joy when she saw she got a text from him. She had just finished putting some earrings in when she heard her phone buzz, grinning as she saw 'Zim (:' pop up on her phone. She quickly picked it up to reply:

>See you soon! (:

Obviously Sky would have no idea about the news that Zim was getting, so she happily went to school, her main source of happiness coming from the fact she would see him today. She sat through her first class, which went quite slow, but practically skipped to American Lit. She sat down in her seat, humming happily with her eyes fixated on the door as she waited for Zim to walk through.

(Yes exactly! Were obviously masterminds lol)

After his aunt delivered the news, she delivered something even worse. Not only was his mother gone, it had been at the hands of his step-father. Zim could feel his heartbeat in his ears and and overwhelming intensity he was going to throw up. He immediately chucked his phone against the wall, shattering the screen. Twas only the beginning of the rampage that would begin. He trashed the room, taking out his anger on any inanimate object that was nearby. More than anything he felt like it was his fault. If only I hadn't left!!! His conscious seemed to scream at him, and the guilt was debilitating. When there was nothing left to smash the boy just sat in the mess he made and sobbed.

He didn't go to school that day, or the next day, nor the day after that.

(Certified masterminds!!)

Over the next few days Sky went through a whole range of emotions. When he didn't turn up to deliver the project with her she was sad and worried, since he'd sent a text to her less than an hour earlier and then didn't turn up she thought something must've happened to him. But she sent some messages to him, and with no reply she grew more and more worried. She was checking the local news, nothing came up to suggest anything bad had happened to anyone in the town. She couldn't think what had happened to him. She constantly checked her phone, asked around, asked teachers, called hospitals to see if he was there. But there was nothing. It wasn't like they would talk constantly, or that she expected him to message her 24/7. It was just odd that he didn't turn up on the day of the project, nor did he come to school the day after, nor the day after that.

It was two days later after school, when Zim didn't show up yet again, and she was at work. It was 4pm, she was serving customers as usual. When the store got quieter she stared at the door, all she could replay in her head was the first day that she met him, when he walked through the door and she just felt overwhelmed with curiosity about who he was, how handsome he was. And now they were friends, good friends even. She sighed, scribbled a quick note that read 'sorry, had to go.' And placed it on the counter in front of her, before leaving the store in a hurry. She walked really really fast to Zim's Aunt's house. She called him on the way there, and with no answer she shoved her phone in her back pocket and focussed on getting there. When she arrived, she warmed her hands up by rubbing them together before knocking on the front door.

Aunt April was sitting in her front room knitting when she heard a faint knock at the door. "Now who could that be?" She quietly said aloud, like old ladies do. She dusted her clothes off and opened the door, before her stood a young woman that she recognized but never had any interaction with. "Hello, may I help you?" She asked curious as to why the stranger was at her door.

Sky gave the woman a kind smile, though it probably didn't disguise the worry that was clear as day in her eyes. "You must be Aunt April, I'm a friend of Zim's. Sorry for turning up all of a sudden, it's just that I haven't heard from him in a few days. It was very sudden, I was wondering if he's here? If he's alright?" She asked sweetly, trying to show the lady that she was friendly and not a random teenager who had come to cause havoc.

Aunt April was taken aback, she was not expecting anyone to come to her door today let alone for Zim. "Oh hello dear, um yes Zim is upstairs. But I must warn you, we are going through a death in the family. Specifically of his mother, and he has taken istespecially hard." April spoke softly, almost holding back tears herself. She just didn't want the girl to not know what she was walking in to. "Its up the stairs and down the hall to the left."

Sky nodded slowly, her heart dropped when she heard what happened. She could only imagine how Zim felt, it was really saddening for her to hear that someone she cared about so much was suffering unbelievably. "I'm so sorry." She stepped inside, "I really didn't mean to disturb either of you, I won't be long." She said softly, before heading up the stairs. She knocked gently on Zim's door after following April's directions. A few seconds after knocking she spoke softly, "Zim, it's me, Sky." She didn't expect him to reply or open the door, she wouldn't take offense if he didn't. She just wanted him to know she was there for him.

(Sorry I feel like im being really dramatic and this is taking awhile xDDD)

Zim heard some commotion at the front door but thought it was just a solicitor. He was sitting up in his bed, the room was dark, most things were still broken and strewn around the floor. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy, and his hair was strewn in different directions. Over the past 72 hours he had been in a state of dissociation, feeling it on the inside but lookingstoic on the out. Aunt April had tried to coax him with food and getting outside but Zim blocked it all out. When he heard that voice, that familiar voice coming from outside of his door, he looked up. His legs seemed to have a mind of their own because he found himself walking to the door. He took the handle and opened it slowly to reveal a petite brunette that he had grown found of. He looked at her and immediately swept a his arm under his eyes to try and wipe away anything on his face. "Oh it's you." He said, raspily.

(I love dramatic!! Don't apologise!)

Sky nodded slowly. "It's me." Zim's bloodshot, puffy eyes and unkept hair didn't even cross Sky's mind, she was just relieved he was there, in front of her. She was at a loss for words, how do you even begin to comfort someone who has lost their mother? She didn't know if he would accept a hug, words of comfort, or what. She just knew she wanted to make him feel better. "I'm so sorry." She said, looking up at him, into his eyes. She could tell that he hadn't been looking after himself over the past few days, but she didn't expect him to. In this moment she realised how much she cared about him, because she knew she would've done anything to make him feel better, that without hesitation she would switch their situations so that he wouldn't have to suffer.

Zim looked at the girl before him and knew she was sincere. He had been trying to keep it in, but seeing her face broke him. Tears started streaming down his face as he turned away from the door, leaving an open invitation for her to come in. He started walking back to the bed, "the bastard finally killed her you know... and I wasn't there to stop it." His voice cracked on the last word as he slammed a fist into the wall, leaving the wall intact but a few pieces of dry wall fluttered to the ground. He sat back on the bed and put his head in his hands.

Sky calmly watched him, not flinching as he punched the wall, and simply sitting on his bed as he did. Her heart sunk as he spoke, she knew exactly what he was saying. "It wasn't your fault." She spoke softly, looking at him with gentle eyes even though he wasn't looking back at her. She had lots of questions, but figured he wasn't in the mood to answer them. She just wanted to be there for him.

Zim sat there crying for a moment, thinking about her words. His aunt had said more or less the same thing but from her it meant something more. No one had been let into his personal life as much as she had in this moment, he felt vulnerable. He was sweating, was it hot in here? His face felt hot with tears and puffiness. Without giving it a second thought he reached over and took her in his arms, hugging her. His tears falling on her shoulder. "Thank you.." is all he managed to get out. Thankful in that her presence was enough.

She hugged him back immediately, appreciating the embrace; she thought it meant he trusted her enough to be with him when he was so vulnerable, which meant a lot to her. She stroked the back of his head gently in an attempt to comfort him. "I'm here." She whispered to him, still embraced in his arms, feeling his warmth against her body. She closed her eyes, thinking of nothing but him in this moment, she just wanted to make everything better- that wasn't possible, so she did the best she could.

(Do you think it would be okay if he kissed her? I definitely am not into erp but just wanna make sure your okay with that ^__^ )

( Okay cool (: )

Zim couldn't help but feel shameful that someone was seeing him like this. He liked to put on a tough guy persona with his tattoos, clothing choices, and demeanor but he knew there was another side to him that he didn't show often. He liked to be kind to others, understand what others were going through, and felt a lot of empathy for those who are going through a tough time. Possibly because he could relate to them more, and they can understand him in return. Zim felt her soft touch on his head, but the touch meant so much more to him than a gesture of kindness. He had been growing fonder of Sky over the past couple of weeks, he could even admit to himself that they were feelings beyond friends. He didn't want to be her friend, he knew that he'd always want something more if given the chance.

Thinking on impulse he pulled away and looked at Skylar, studying her worried expression. The way her hair flowed down around her face and how he could tell the color of her eyes, even in the dim light. He cupped her chin with his hand and pressed his lips against hers.

There was no doubt in Sky's mind that she felt the same way about Zim as he did about her, but it never crossed her mind to tell him. She'd never think someone as cool and wonderful as him would like her. That's why, when he kissed her, she was shocked.

She kissed him back for a few seconds, but pulled away after that. She didn't know if it was her lack of self confidence telling her this or if she was being wise, but she was convinced he was only kissing her because he was so vulnerable and she was there being so kind and comforting, or maybe as a distraction. Now, she didn't think these things of Zim but grieving people did crazy things sometimes. It was painful for her to pull away, it was as if she hadn't imagined them kissing hundreds of times before, and as if she wouldn't kiss him for hours on end if she had the chance. But she wanted to make sure this was actually something he wanted, because if it wasn't she knew it would break her heart. Her hands rested gently on him, one on his shoulder and the other on the side of his neck, her fingers spread lightly over his neck and jawline. Looking into his eyes, her touch still delicate, she spoke. Well, she tried to speak. Her mind went blank, leaving her to just stare into his bloodshot, teary eyes.

"I'm sorry.." The teary eyed boy spoke, looking back into her eyes, feeling her touch on both sides of his head. He wasn't sorry he'd done it, mostly because he had done it under the circumstances. He decided to speak the truth, 'its just i've been wanting to do that for awhile, i'm sorry I did it now...Here... In this place." Zim put one of his hands over hers, hoping to keep it there. He watched her, hoping he didn't scare her away. He didn't think he could take much more right now.

After hearing his words she gave Zim a small yet reassuring smile, leaning up and planting a tender kiss on his cheek before looking back into his eyes, she then buried her head in the crook of his neck and moved her arms around him. She gave him a gentle squeeze, pulling him back into her warm embrace. "Don't be sorry." She whispered.

He welcomed her embrace back. "Sky..." He began, lingering for a moment on her name. "Thank you for being here, I know i'm a mess right now but I swear when this shits over I will take you on a proper date." Zim promised, not looking forward to anytime in between now and when he'd see her again. He knew he had to fly back home for the funeral and pay his last respects. Even though in the end she wasn't the best mom, she was still his mother.

He let go and settled back, finally feeling like he had gotten ahold of himself after 3 days. "I think the only thing that will keep me going is you and knowing that that piss excuse for a man will be behind bars." He began, feeling angry but not well enough to put all his energy into it. He sighed and looked around, feeling bad now that he had ruined most of the room. I'll make it up to Aunt April, he thought. After all she had also lost a sister.

Sky nodded as he spoke. "I'll be here." She gently took his hand and gave it a squeeze before letting go and wiping her eyes. "If you need anything, at all, I'm here. I'm a text, a phone call away, you're always welcome at my house." She offered a comforting smile to him, doing the best she could to try and make him feel better. At the end of the day it was really difficult for her to see him like this, she adored him.

( Should we time skip soon? )

Zim smiled back at her, "well I may have smashed my phone so i'll have to get a new one before I take you up on that offer." He joked, running his hand through his hair in attempt to fix it. "I leave for the funeral tomorrow so I should be back in a few days."

(Yeah, sounds good to me! Also if I stop replying it’ll be because i’m asleep, it’s 2am here)

She rolled her eyes teasingly, “Alright, i’ll try not to miss you too much, since I can’t text you. C’mere.” She moved closer to him and used her hands to fix his hair, playing with it until it looked closer to how it usually did. “I’ll be thinking of you, and i’ll be here when you get back.”

( No worries i'll probably go to bed soon myself! )

------

It's been a few weeks since the funeral and Zim had started to feel better about things. He felt closure with his family, especially since his step-dad was in jail and awaiting trial but the lawyers assured him that they had enough evidence to put him away. More than anything he was grateful for Skylar and the company she kept with him. They hadn't officially messed with labels yet, which Zim was grateful for, but they were basically a couple.

> I'm outside love

He texted her, sitting outside her house. He made it apparent that he wanted to drive her to school everyday since she didn't have a car. Today he wore black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. It was turning summer weather but it still didn't get very hot. He picked out his outfit today to impress Sky, hoping she would think it was at least a little different from what he usually wore. But not really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back