• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern one x one - teen roleplay

Sky was really proud of their progress on the room, she found it very fun to do this with him. Not only was it fun, but they got to spend quality time together, which is all she could ask for.

She looked at him, "Oh, I don't drink. Well, I say that, but I've never been offered." She replied. She had no preference for not drinking, she'd just never drank anything before. There was no way on earth her parents would offer, and she never attended parties or gatherings, nor had many friends who liked to drink. "What is it?" She asked, motioning to the bottle he was holding up.

He looked at the bottle to study it closer to give her an answer, "it is a 1957 Scotch." he spoke, surprised himself. It must of been his uncles and then cast away in a cabinet since his passing. His aunt didn't drink, so why let this go to waste? Zim started unscrewing the bottle, breaking the seal, and then pouring a small amount in each glass. He didn't really think of this as peer pressuring but Skylar could do as she pleased. The dark boy handed her the glass and took a seat on the floor, leaning against the wardrobe opposite of her. "So, if you could go anywhere.... Right now, where would you go?" He asked, bringing the drink to his lips and pouring the golden liquid down his throat. It burned all the way down into his stomach, it was good. The burn reminded him of time with his friends on the East Coast, he definitely had more than a few wild nights there.

"Right now?" She took the glass and gave the liquid a delicate sniff, before sitting down opposite him. "I'd go to the UK, England specifically. Probably the north." She grinned, looking down and gently swilling the alcohol in the bottom of the glass. She lifted the glass and drank it, pulling a somewhat squeamish face afterwards. "Oh wow, that burns! People drink this willingly?" She chuckled. From that day on, the smell, the taste of that liquid would remind her of Zim, of them together, them being happy.

Zim took another sip as she answered, then chuckled at her exasperated face. "I think after awhile you start to like the burn." He spoke, mostly from experience. There were many of time that Zim got lost in a bottle of the maple syrup colored liquid. Going back to her question he looked at Skylar curiously, "why England?"

She smiled at him, "Apparently my dad was from England, so I'd like to look around. Plus I like the cold, rainy weather, the architecture, even the food." She chuckled. "I just think it would be really nice, maybe I'll fit in better there than here." She moved up closer to him. "What about you, hm? Where would you go, right now?" She asked him, nudging his knee gently.

"You don't think you fit in here?" He questioned, eyebrows raised, putting her other question on hold. In some ways he related to that statement, he never really felt comfortable anywhere. But maybe he could be comfortable here, with her? He thought, taking another sip. The boy felt the liquid starting to blur his mind, liking the warmth it brought down to his chest and stomach.

She shrugged, "I've spent most of my life here and it doesn't feel like home. It's a weird feeling, I can't describe it. Just a feeling of not fitting in." She sighed, "I've made it sound deeper than it is." She chuckled, looking at him. "You make that feeling go away, though, you know? Like wherever I am, it doesn't matter, as long as I'm with you it's home."

Zim looked down and smiled as he listened to her answer, "I'll cheers to that" he spoke, lifting his glass to her to show his agreement to her words. He took another swig and set the glass down on the floor next to him. "I think I would like England as well, very dreary, but the culture is probably better. But i've always wanted to go to Scotland or New Zealand, i've read about those places in books a lot and they just seem so beautiful and more focused on the land rather than the cities." He looked at Skylar when he finished. Maybe they could go together some day.

Sky nodded in agreement. "They are lovely, lovely places." She moved and sat next to him, shoulders touching. "I just really want to travel, I've hardly ever left this town. I've been to other places, I used to go all over when I was a little girl, but I don't remember it. Not sure that 5 year old me appreciated travelling as much as I would now." She looked at him, coincidentally thinking the same thing as him. Maybe they could go together some day. But she knew before that, she'd have to finish school, and she couldn't leave her parents. So maybe it was a fleeting dream.

Zim nodded, "Well Ms. Hart maybe if we ever get out of this town we can go traveling some day." He spoke, making it seem as if it was almost a promise. Zim wasn't sure of his plans when they graduate in a years time. He thought about college before but now he wasn't so sure, he hated the thought of college life and frat boys. Was he even smart enough for college? His thoughts made him want another drink so he stood up and returned to his seat next to her with the bottle. "You want some more?" ZIm motioned the bottle towards her, he couldn't tell how much she had left in her glass. He was already plenty feeling it by now, absentmindedly tapping his foot against hers.

Skylar finished her drink before she answered then nodded. "Sure, if I don't get used to the burning now then when will I?" She giggled, watching as he refilled her glass. She took a sip and hummed, "Mmm, like fire." She teased. "Other than that, this is actually nice." In all honesty Sky probably thought about Zim's future more than he did, she wondered what he'd get up to, if they'd still be a thing when they went their separate ways to college. But thinking about it just made her quite sad, she didn't like thinking about the possibility that she wouldn't be able to see him a lot. But she knew he would get into college, and even if he didn't go she would be proud of him no matter what. More than anything, she wanted to see him happy. She knew that he deserved to be happy.

Zim laughed at her response, seeing Skylar more relaxed was exciting for him. Zim poured himself another glass after hers and took a rather large swing, he scrunched his face as it went down. Starting to feel a ringing in his ears, and a sense of giddiness, Zim decided to ask a question he'd been thinking about, "so Sky..." He began, "what did you think when you first met me?"

She smiled, looking at him. "I thought you were cool. Like really, really cool. A little scary, mysterious, handsome." She hummed truthfully. "But the thing I remember most, is that from the second we ended our first conversation, I knew that there was nothing I wanted more than to talk to you again." She sipped her drink, feeling the warmth of the alcohol warm her body. "What about me? What did you think when you first met me?"

Zim listened intently to her answer, it was nice, sweet even. No one has ever said that before to him, they usually say he comes off unapproachable and dark. Zim never really cared what most people thought of him though, except Skylar, he was starting to realize that he cared a lot about what she thought. He turned to her to answer the question, "honestly Sky I wasn't sure what to think... And the reason is because I don't really think about anyone, and after we spoke I just keep thinking about you over and over in my head. It kind of frightened me, how much I was instantly drawn to you." Zim spoke, the words just spilling out of his mouth now due to the alcohol. "I knew I wanted for us to cross paths again, and the project was kind of like a lucky coincidence."

Sky smiled widely, her heart felt like it was melting. Maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe it was his sweet words. Either way, she felt herself falling harder and harder for him the more he spoke. She was looking at him with pure adoration, she felt like she could explode. "It was a very lucky coincidence. I know I wouldn't have had the confidence to find you and talk to you, I'd be stood in that bookstore hoping you'd stop by again one day."

Zim smiled back, thinking that if they weren't put together on the project he probably would have been in the bookstore a lot. Good thing, he didn't have enough money to buy a new book every week. The thing that meant the most to him, which he wouldn't admit, was how kind she was when his mom passed. She didn't judge, she didn't try to make him feel better, she was just there. Which is more than he can say for most people in his life. "I think you don't give yourself enough credit, you may not see it, but I think you are very strong willed and well-put together, sometimes you hide your confidence but it's there." Zim spoke, before taking another sip. Starting to realize how out of it he was, he started thinking, "damn... How am I going to get you home.."

Sky smiled, “You’re so sweet to me, Zim. Thank you.” She hugged him from the side. His words meant a lot to her, he gave her a lot of confidence. “Don’t worry, I can walk home.” She said calmly, kissing his cheek.

( Should we fast forward after this? I'm ready to do the dinner if you are :3 )

He smiled and wrapped one arm around her shoulder. Zim wasn't really worried about her walking home, it was a very small and quaint town where everyone knew each other. It didn't seem like there was a lot of danger. "Alright well just text me when you get home, or... You're welcome to stay here tonight." He said, trying to give her some options. He wasn't sure if she had the kind of parents who would wonder where she'd been all night.

(Yeah! We could do it after she goes home? I’m happy for us to skip to the dinner!)

“Mm I’d love to stay over but my parents will be so mad.” She sighs, “Speaking of, I should probably head home.” She stood up slowly, leaning down a bit to kiss him. “I’ll text you as soon as I get home, I promise.” After saying goodbye to him she walked home, getting there safe and sound.

> I’m home! I had a lovely time (:

( Yess! Maybe she could text him and ask? Then we can skip to the dinner (: )

Zim heard the buzz of his phone and reached for it, he was already in bed and pretty drunk if he was being honest with himself. He wished Skylar would have stayed, but with the amount of alcohol in Zim's system he wasn't sure he'd be able to keep his hands off her.

> I'm glad babe, me too

(Ooh yes good idea!)

Skylar smiled at the text he sent, laying down on her bed before she replied.

> I wish I could've stayed, but my parents would've been so mad. I've never spent a night away from home, I'm sorry. One day, I promise <3

She bit her lip a little as an idea that she'd been thinking about for a while resurfaced.

> Would you like to come to dinner? Sometime soon, with my parents and my brother. It's okay if not- they can be a lot to handle.

Zim was starting to doze off as he finished reading her texts. Oh no, parents.... he thought to himself. He felt a lot of the time adults didn't like him, because of how he looked and how he dressed. But he didn't want to blow it off, and if he wanted to move forward with Skylar he had to meet them sometime. Right?

> yeah sure, just let me know when

Sky grinned at the text, she felt nervous about it but she also knew that they'd have to meet him at some point, the sooner the better so it could be over and done with.

> great! thank you. you heading to sleep soon?

> Yes I think i'm about to pass out, goodnight Sky

---

Zim stepped out of the shower and started to dry his hair off. He started to think about the dinner he'd been attending soon and it gave him a feeling of dread. Zim had never heard much about Sky's parents but he got some clues from how Sky was - Never had drank, wears cross necklace, never leaves town. He could be wrong in his assumptions, but the boy didn't have much else to go on. He made his way back to his newly decorated room and threw on some jeans and a grey t-shirt, hoping they weren't expecting him to be dressed formally. He picked up his phone and shot a quick text to Skylar:

> Leaving soon!

Skylar was terrified for the dinner, she was aware that she'd given Zim very little information about her parents, but she didn't want him to overthink anything and end up cancelling. Maybe it was selfish, but she really just needed this to go well.

> See you soon! Will meet you at the door (:

She jogged downstairs and notified her parents that he was setting off soon. She had warned her parents that he may not be what they were expecting, in all honesty her parents would've been very weary of any guy she brought to dinner. They weren't big fans of her dating whilst still being in highschool. They were actually very kind people, they cared about their children and anyone they met, they were just stuck in their ways and had high expectations of people- and didn't take it well when their standards weren't met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back