• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy One Tower (Closed)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Helena smirked, "So, where to first? I already know where the sanctum is, even if I would probably get lost finding it from anywhere but my lab. But I won't really be coming from any where else, really." She commented.

Nicoli chuckled a little but then thought about it. “We’ll go to your lab and start from there. It’ll be good for you to have an idea of how to get to things from there for now.” He started, trying to think of where he wanted to start. “We could do the library for now. It’s huge in itself. We could also do the Med Hall and Herbal Sector or some of the courtyards. Do you have a preference? I don’t mind doing all tonight but it’s a lot and it is late.” He said.

Helena smirked at him and shook her head, "I really don't mind either, but how about we go to the Herbal. I haven't gotten a chance to really see where it is that Gal took my order. I would like to know where it is, so I can make the orders I need, myself."

Nicoli smiled but then nodded. “Then follow me m’lady.” He said playfully as he took her hand to lead the way. “Luckily it’s super close to the Med Hall so I can show you that after, always good to know where the Med Hall is in a tower.” He said with a smirk. Probably for warriors more than anyone else was that good.

Helena chuckled as she followed, "Maybe for you, but I am a Science, we don't even go on missions as much as you or healers do." she pointed out.

Nicoli grinned. “Fair, but what if someone has an experiment gone wrong?” He pointed out. “But you make a point, warriors and healers are probably the two in there the most.” He said.

Helena smirked, "All experiments have to be done in a shield." she smirked, "My great grandmother developed it and it is really helpful to keep Sciences safe from their own work. So, that is not as big of an issue."

Nicoli chuckled. “Well there you go then, it’ll be good for you to know where the med Hall is when you want to come see me and remind me that whatever I did was stupid then.” He teased. “The shield is cool though, I’m glad you have something like that to use when you’re working.” He said.

Helena smiled, "I am pretty sure you will always come back after doing something stupid, so I might lose my voice." she teased.

Nicoli grinned a little and looked to her. “Hey, I may be known for doing stupid things but at least those stupid things work out for everyone else.” He said in mock defense, teasing her a little.

Helena smirked, "But if you used your brain, you would be able to get through it all without the stupid things hurting you." she pointed out in a matter of fact way.

Nicole laughed. “Maybe I am using my brain.” He countered. “Just some of the wires are crossed and it doesn’t work like it’s supposed to.” He added playfully.

Helena smirked, "Then it looks like you are my next experiment then." she teased. "I have to get those wired uncrossed or you might not survive."

Nicole laughed again, a little harder this time. “Oh gods, yeah, I can just imagine how that’d go. I think you’d do a marvelous job. But would I still be wired to be a warrior after?” He asked her playfully.

Helena smirked, "I think that is an instinct more then a wiring thing." she teased as she giggled, "But if not, then we will just have to find you something else to be."

Nicoli smirked. “Well I wanted to be a healer before I was a warrior so if you can reword me for that I guess it wouldn’t be so bad.” He said playfully.

Helena chuckled, "If that is what you wanted, what stopped you from being a Healer then. Things would have been a lot easier for us both that way." she teased.

Nicoli smirked. “My father stopped it from being that way.” He said, hesitating. “A few things happened that proved that it would be better if I spent my energy as a warrior instead of a healer.” He explained.

Helena sighed, "Well, maybe you didn't want it that bad, if you let your father pick something for you." she pointed out

Nicoli smiled a little but it was cautious. “He pushed it but there was an incident that ultimately it was decided I needed to see if I could channel my...temper and energy into being a warrior and not cause more damage.” He said, not wanting to upset her in any way with the whole story but knowing she’d need to know one day. “I’d rather be the one to tell you than you hearing the rumor from Jeremiah but is that really something you want to hear?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Helena looked at him curiously, "I would. Especially since Jeremiah is coming tomorrow and I will ask him about it, if you don't explain it."

Nicoli sighed but nodded. “Fine, but im not proud of it okay? And if I could change it I would.” He started. “When I was younger I always wanted to be a Healer like my mother. Maybe because I spent more time with her and she was gentler than my father. My mother of course was okay with that but my father insisted I become a warrior. When the time came my training was split between the two. I have always had a temper and I was higher energy than most kids. Anyway the split training was okay but it was getting to the point that I needed to focus more on one than the other. I had gotten into a boy a couple years older than me and lost my temper worse than ever. He’d been picking on me before, always pushing me around. He was a bully, he did that to everyone which in some ways was okay. We all dealt with it. But he’d approached a little girl a few years younger than me who was a healer in training. She’d done something that upset him and so he hit her pretty hard. He was going to do it again so I stopped him. That didn’t go over well and so the fight started. I beat him bad enough that he needed to be sent to the Med Hall and was there for a little while. After that it was decided for me to become a warrior fully. Much to my father’s pleasure. They kept a close eye on me to make sure it wouldn’t make things worse. It did what they hoped and helped to even out my energy and control my temper. I became very good very fast. I had a natural ability for it and so I stuck to it. It was the first time I had really gotten my father’s approval and I wanted to keep getting it. My mother was disappointed I didn’t stay a healer but she was always proud of me.” He said, shrugging a little.

Helena listened and tried not to think of being judgmental until she heard it and she sighed, thinking about it for a little while, "In other words, you were always going to be a warrior, no matter what." she pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess so." He said quietly. "It's what I am good at, ensuring the safety of others is my priority, especially on a mission. Whether I am lead or not, one of my main goals is to protect the people I am with and who have my back." He said. "Kinda made me a good candidate to be a warrior."

Helena smirked, "I have you know, as a Science we have those values, that is what the shield is for." she playfully protested, but she understood what he was talking about and she know that he was right, there was a skill that put warriors on some good notes, and that was one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back