• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy One Tower (Closed)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you
Helena sighed when she got through the gates, she had never actually been to the War Tower, even though her uncle had been someone she was very close to as a child. She turned to Nicoli for a moment with a smirk and said, "So, this is your tower? Could use for a dusting." she teased, before she turned to see Hector. Not giving Nicoli a chance to reply, she rushed over calling out, "Uncle." as she moved to hug him. She smiled widely, since it had been so long since she had seen him. She couldn't wait to see her baby cousin and finally see who she was to marry.

Hector smiled as he motioned to Nicoli and Helena, "It is good to see the two of you getting along." He didn't know that Nicoli didn't tell her that he was her betrothed. He was sure that Nicoli figured it out that that was the reason he was sent to her tower.

Helena smirked to Nicoli and then back to her uncle, "Yeah, it was surprising for me too. Hopefully, my betrothed will be so easy to get along with." she looked around, "Speaking of which, shouldn't he be here."

Hector looked surprised for a moment, speechless before he cleared his throat, "Yes, well, that would be the point." he said, before he glanced to Nicoli is a concerning way, then he turned to Helena, "Helena, why don't you get something to eat, I am sure that you will be able to find it. I have to speak with Nicoli."

Helena looked at him confused for a moment, but nodded, "Right. Guardian stuff." she said before motioning to a path, "This way?"

"Yes." Hector said and Helena nodded, grabbing her bag to take the path to get something to snack on. Hector turned to Nicoli, "Please tell me that you figured out she is who you were supposed to get for a reason other then to bring her to this tower?"

Last edited:
Nicoli hesitated a moment as he watched her go but then nodded his head a little. “I figured it out.” He said slowly. “I just...I don’t know...I didn’t want her to be disappointed and I wasn’t a hundred percent sure that she was.” He said. He’d been pretty sure but there was still that little bit of doubt that had stopped him and a need to verify. That and for the first time he’d been almost petrified that she’d be disappointed he was her betrothed and he didn’t want that.

Hector looked at him and sighed, "Let me get this straight, you figured it out, but didn't tell her." he stated as if to clarify, but he knew Helena would not be happy not being told in the first place.

“I...” Nicoli started, but then stopped, awkwardly running a hand through his hair. “So it really is true then.” He said. He sighed but then smiled a little as he looked in the direction Helena had gone. “I’ll talk to her...I can be the one to let her know.” He said. He ran his hand through his hair again in nervousness. He couldn’t help it. He didn’t get nervous often but he was nervous right now.

Hector looked at him like it was a duh moment, "Yes you will. You can have fun with that on." he commented, "But I would suggest you do it sooner rather then later. Because Helena is a feisty little thing."

Nicoli smirked. “I’ve noticed that.” He said. “Well hey, I guess if you don’t hear back from me soon to get the mission briefing, then things with Helena didn’t go well.” He said with a wink. “Or maybe the briefing should be first in case my talk with her end poorly.” He offered. He was more just asking what Hector would prefer he do first, though he had no doubt things could go badly for him for. It having said anything to Helena.

Hector smirked, "For the safety of the knowledge I would say briefing first but to be honestly, the longer you wait the less likely you will survive Helena."

Nicoli hesitated a moment, thinking. He sighed and smiled a little. “Alright, let’s do the briefing quickly. I think it’ll be best that way...for you at least to get the memory.” He said. He was just nervous to talk to Helena though. He moved to start walking with Bector so they could extract the memory. “We both know it won’t take long and it’ll give her time to enjoy her food before I ruin today.”

Hector chuckled, "I see your point, but remember that if you don't survive, I wil have to explain it to your parents which is never fun." he stated before motioning Nicoli to follow him to get his memory of the mission.

Nicoli laughed. “No, no that’s really not a fun task ever.” He said. He smirked some. Once they were in the right place he moved to where he needed to be to have the memory taken for the records. He knew it wouldn’t take long, he was quite experience with this sort of thing. He cleared his mind and then focused on everything that had happened during and for the mission. It was his only focus until his entire memory was where it needed to be for the report.

Hector sighed, as he walked with Nicoli, he knew better then to not to be honest with Helena, she was a sweet girl and she was a feisty Science and he was sure Nicoli was going to be backed into a corner, but he sighed deeply as he watched Nicoli. There was no way to prepare either of them for what would happen, he just hoped Nicoli and Helena could work beyond it.

Once Nicoli had thebreport prepared he pulled back and looked to Hector. “There, there’s everything...I have my betrothed to speak to...and survive.” He said, giving a nervous smile to Hector. “Anything else you need from me?” He asked, he was putting it off, and he knew he just needed to go and get this over with.

Hector sighed, shaking his head, "No, just do your best to keep your head on your shoulders." he half teased.

Nicoli chuckled a little and nodded. “Right...we’ll see how that goes.” He said. He moved to walk away and find Helena.
When he found her his nervousness only grew. But he hid it and approached her. “Helena? I need to talk to you...and introduce you to your betrothed.” He said.

Helena looked up at him from her book, she had ate a little snack and decided to just read while she waiting for her uncle, she didn't expect to see Nicoli. She smirked up at him, before closing her book and placed it down, she patted the seat beside her, "Okay, so let's talk first and then you can explain him to be before we go met him." she bite her lip. "To be honest, I thought my uncle would send him to find me, so I have been very nervous." she shrugged, "But if you tell me about him, I might not be so nervous."

Nicoli looked around. “Actually, I...Let’s talk somewhere a little more private. It...it involves why he didn’t meet you when we first arrived and I...for my sake it might be better if we’re somewhere more private.” He said, holding a hand out to her. He gave the most charming smile he could muster. “Come on, I promise I don’t bite.” He added.

Helena looked at him confused and frowned, before she took his hand, she stood up and sighed, the only thing she could think was that her uncle sent Nicoli to let her know her betrothed had been killed. She wouldn't be happy about it, but she wouldn't cry either, so talking about it in private didn't seem like something that was necessary." she nodded either way, as she waited for him to lead the way.

Nicoli led her down a corridor and then towards his room and where her new room would be. He hesitated and then led her into his room. He took a deep breath and turned to face her, running a hand through his hair. “Okay, so here’s the thing um...your betrothed was already there.” He started slowly. “I...I’m you’re betrothed Helena. Now before you say anything, I found out during the mission. I hadn’t known ahead of time. And I didn’t tell you on the way here because I wasn’t entirely sure. I-I wanted to verify it with Hector before I said anything.” He said quickly, watching her cautiously.

Helena looked ta him confused for a moment before that faded away and she looked at him surprised, "You what?" she said calmly, which held more furry then if she had yelled. She looked at Nicoli in the eyes, "You knew, but decided not to tell me a thing about, until now?" she said to clear up any miscommunication that could happen. She stepped back, "You didn't tell me."

Nicoli winced a little. “That is correct.” He said quietly. “Helena look, I’m sorry, I really am, but I didn’t know for sure. It wasn’t like Hector told me anything.” He started. “I-I’m not blaming him, I’m just saying that I wanted to check with him before I told you anything. Would you have preferred I said ‘hey Helena, were betrothed!’ Just to find out after that I was wrong? And would you have even believed me? Remember I was the flirt?” He said. He could practically feel the fury coming from her but he wasn’t going to back down.

She took a deep breath, as she glared at him, "You have to be kidding me." she looked at him, "Wrong? You think that is the worse thing that could have been done in this situation?" she said before she stepped towards him, "You are a liar." she finally snapped, before she reached him, looking up at him, "You are just like any Warrior. You do what you have to, just for the mission. No matter what happens to anyone else." She looked at him like he was a stranger, like he was an enemy, "You are right, I wouldn't believe you. You don't even know how I would react, but you said nothing, which is the same as a lie." She shook her head, "You are my betrothed, but don't think for a moment, that means I have to like you. Because I honestly doubt I will feel anything more then loathe for you."

Nicoli frowned deeply and took a step towards her. Her own anger rising. He would never strike her or physically hurt her, but he wasn’t good at letting things like this pass. He never had been. “Now look here Helena,” He said, his tone changing a little. “You have every right to be upset, but you don’t have a right to judge me based solely on this. We actually were starting to get along Helena. You want this to dictate everything then fine.” He growled. He caught himself then and took a deep breath. He crossed his arms then and smirked. “Hate me. You think I’m like any other warrior? Then it’s a challenge. You’re my betrothed Helena and you’re in this tower now. I’ll show you I can be the perfect guy for you and you can keep on hating me.” He said. “Oh and by the way, the door to your room is also right there.” He pointed to the wall and smirked again. He didn’t like this, but he wouldn’t let it go.

Helena turned to the door and then back to Nicoli, "I rather sleep in the lab." she growled back, "Then be anywhere near you." she moved around him, before going to the door, she opened it and then turned to him, "The first meeting of betrothals shouldn't hold such a dark shadow. Think about that when you imagine how little your betrayal effects anything." she said before storming out and slamming the door behind her.

Nicoli dropped his act when she was gone and clenched his hands into fists. He let out a frustrated growl and then picked up a heavy object - he didn’t look to see what it was - and chucked it against a wall. It made a satisfying crash but it still didn’t quite ease his frustration and anger. He didn’t understand why she was so mad. He reached for his gear, and then moved to go to their training arena. He was going to train until he dropped. He needed to get out of all this pent up anger.

Julia and Kevin walked by the arena later on and Julia smirked, before Kevin stopped her, "How about I meet you in the room?" he stated, knowing Julia wanted to spar with Nicoli, but it was obvious to him that there was something on his mind, rather then training. Julia was disappointed but allowed it, as she crosse dher arms, watching Kevin go in and watched for a bit.

Kevin came in, before he sighed, "I don't know what that weight did to you, but I am sure it is sorry." he teased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back