• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
At precisely midnight of New Years Eve, Dec 31, 2020 UTC every human on Earth suddenly began to shrink by 1% of their original height every hour. This process continued for a little over 3 days until everyone was reduced to a one sixth scale. In the USA it would be 5 to 8 hours earlier or 1600 to 1900 hrs.

Never mind the science. (Yes, aliens have kidnapped the real me …?). Just go with it. Let’s explore what happens. Nothing else shrinks. What does that mean?

Humans will be about a foot tall.

Inanimate things didn’t shrink with them. No guns, etc, Feel free to improvise though. No Clothing. Maybe check out GI Joe clothes? Makeshift toga party anyone? Pacemakers, implants of any type, etc will likely kill those who have them. No more wigs, artificial nails or eyebrows. Cosmetics are going to look like you smeared dyed sand all over your face. No contacts or eyeglasses. No prosthetics. Get the picture?

(I say no more weapons. But a few humans working together could theoretically pick up a pistol or taser. But they will have to be very careful in its use. But it IS possible.)

See Lore for more details about mass and strength.

The good news? There was enough warning to land planes, stop trains, park cars, take a moment to think about safe havens. Nuclear power plants were shut down safely.

Characters
Yes, you can have more than one character. I encourage this in fact. Perhaps one main character, with others used as personal NPC’s. Just do a good job on the CS for your main. Don’t worry about so much detail on the extras.

Emphasize skill sets or education. Build on what the characters should have past experiences with. Food, Clothing and Shelter will be the initial needs. Of course, some means of defense will be necessary. (Let’s assume your characters have been among the luckier and more resourceful.)

Blank CS

Setting
The RP will center around NYC. If we have more than one cluster of survivors, I will suggest one in Brooklyn, another in Manhattan to start out.

Decent spelling and grammar
My usual RP calls for a bit of content. I will be relaxing that a little bit. 2-3 good paragraphs is acceptable. But do not be surprised if I write 2-4 pages at times, when I have had enough sleep to think clearly. I do NOT expect that of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back