• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: Cutting Dawn IC (CLOSED)

one-piece-logo-67.png

Wealth, fame, power. The world had it all won by one man: the Pirate King, Gold Roger. At his death, the words he spoke drove countless men out to sea.
“My treasure? It's yours if you want it. Find it! I left all the world has there!”
And so men set sights on the Grand Line, in pursuit of their dreams. The world has truly entered a Great Pirate Era!

It has been one year since the Straw Hat Crew were separated by shichibukai and revolutionary Bartholomew Kuma and six months since the now infamous mass exodus from the prison Impel Down.

The world holds its breath as the great pirate phenomenon has ended its golden age and entered a rebirth with the death of pirate legend Whitebeard. A new flood of pirates have now stormed the grand line as rookies from all four seas gather in search of that legendary prize which had a legendary appeal years after Gol D. Roger’s execution at Loguetown.

You are one of those daring adventurers, those reckless dreamers, those explorers who have decided to put everything at risk and call the sea their home. You are a pirate! This will be a group roleplay with a set number of players in the setting of canon One Piece. You will play crew members of a new pirate crew embarking on the Grand Line for the first time in hopes of finding the fabled One Piece and completing whatever other dreams your heart holds.

Members of the roleplay will start at the beginning of the Grand Line having already formed their crew, received their ship and painted their jolly roger. The details of which will all depend on their members and their planning decisions. Together you will embark on a journey that will take you from island to island, fighting strange new enemies, discovering treasure and embarking on adventure.

After claiming your role, feel free to ask questions below and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability about the RP and future character concepts. If you have questions for a character concept that you think bends these rules, feel free to just ask and we can maybe work out an arrangement we both find satisfying.

• The following Roles are available to be taken where you may post an application to the CS linked here.

Captain - Carla - Rurnur Rurnur - Taken

Navigator - Huang Glauert - Naburius Naburius - Taken

Cook - Liam - Acethekidd Acethekidd - Taken

Doctor - Shun Yijun - Horror Horror - Taken

Historian - Demetria Vos Glavus - PlusUltra PlusUltra - Taken

Shipwright - Gabriel - Spiderverse Spiderverse - Taken

Musician - V.V - EbonChevalier EbonChevalier

Last edited:
I definitely would be interested in joining this RP. I already have a pair of characters in mind, too: One for the ship's navigator, a runaway noble (kind of like Vivi was, I'm thinking a minor noble from Wano), the other her bodyguard. What do you think?

This rp would be pretty focused on one character per player. So while I wouldn't be opposed to you still writing for the other character, I would prefer if you focused on one as your main character while the other has less focus on them.

Can I call dibs on doctor? 🥺🙏
The way to apply is by checking out the CS link in the description and posting your character there. I can't guarantee you'll get dibs since it isn't first come first serve, but if you submit your CS and it's good to go and is well fleshed out, then I'll give you the spot. Best of luck!

Nah, no worries! I opened this IC so people could ask me questions before applying after all. Just be sure to give the rules a good once over to make sure your character has no issue when you get around to posting it. Can't wait to see what you come up with! If you have any questions about your character if you're unsure about the concept or if it'll fly, just ask!

Absolutely interested, I am curious what happened to the helmsman role but I understand if it isn’t available

I didn't include the role because (like the role of Sniper or First Mate) I didn't want too big a cast since large group RPs can be harder to coordinate and keep people interested long term. Apologies!

It’s all good! I can work with it either way, now to finally figure out bbc so I can submit a character sheet

Quick question, for abilities are we listing everything they can do at the moment and they’ll be able to learn new techniques later?

For now focus on what your characters current power set and their moves are (up to 5 total) and of course as the story progresses they can learn and develop stronger abilities as in canon.

Bouncing between Sumo Bear Shipwright, Ex Noble Swordsman (role tbh), and wayward Marine Daughter with wring fruit (used in different way)

Thank for your interest! Yes we are still open and I am just awaiting on some more submissions and people to finish up before I start sending out discord links. There's no guarantee on you taking and holding down the spot because it isn't first come first serve, but you're more than welcome to apply in the CS that's linked in the og post. Can't wait to see what you come up with! No one has applied for a cook left, so you're in good luck.

I dont know if there is a deadline but I'm slowly adding to the CS each day.

I tend to get most of my ideas during the RP itself once i start playing the character and getting to feel them out, So atm its more making a skeleton and adding bits here and there to expand the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back