• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ᴹᴬᴿⱽᴱᴸ ˢᴵᴰᴱᴷᴵᶜᴷˢ - on-site ooc & planning

oooohohoho i wanna bring back my oc that's sam wilson's daughter so badly 👁️👁️ maybe i can finagle her to fit in here somehow. she might fit the caregiver role....hmmmmmm

could still be tied to your character in some way; maybe if they were close enough to one of the scientists involved and they implanted some of her into the programming, in a way to give it that humanity that ultron lacked. sort of a coming together and unification for both the AI and your character???? totally just going off on a tangent on this but it could be a cool thing at some point 👁️👄👁️
Possibly. Another front runner in my brain storming is an old one I’ve been kicking around for a while in a mutant with simian mutations. Could work on linking the idea with the AI idea. Or just run with the Monkey Mutant.

Possibly. Another front runner in my brain storming is an old one I’ve been kicking around for a while in a mutant with simian mutations. Could work on linking the idea with the AI idea. Or just run with the Monkey Mutant.
hmmm-mmmm.gif

Starting to get a little nervous about this. Seems like there are 6 open roles and 9 people interested. My self doubt is creeping up.

i'm just vibing in competition-less rebellion ( ノ・o・ )ノ

jkjk, i'm sure everyones characters will be awesome!! ( ^◡^)

Trying to tack down this character idea, it keeps floating between Outsider, Rebel, and Warrior.

My base idea is that an otherwise normal kid from the city happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets caught up in an event involving Ghost Rider and Dr Strange, and is unintentionally transported (similar to how Strange is thrown through realities in the movie) through Nightmare’s realm where he briefly comes into contact with the Night Shard there. This later manifests in the ability to melt into shadows and telepathically blur his existence from peoples memory to an extent.

After this he goes to Dr. Strange for help figuring out these new abilities and dealing with the trauma of having been sent through the nightmare realm, even briefly. On his way he encounters Spider-Man, helping the web-slinger tackle a gang of thugs. After Spider-Man accompanies him to see Dr. Strange he takes the young hero under his wing and introduces him to a few other local NYC hero‘s that can help him perfect his craft.

This however is cut short when the events of Sokovia rock the superhero world. The fall out splinters our hero‘s support system and causes him to begin to struggle with reoccurring dreams stemming from his brief time in the Nightmare realm.

He‘s been coping ever since, alone, in the shadows. Doing what he can here and there, but always hiding, always alone.

Last edited:
loving the ideas so far!!
right now i have two character ideas, one for the jokester role and one that could fit into either the professor or the outsider role.
i'll continue to flesh them out a bit and decide based on which one turns out better lmao : )

if it is nine instead of six, then i think a few extra roles could be afforded, right? i mean, i could be wrong since i'm not running anything

it's not like we have twelve and have double the amount. it's just a few more. and i'm not sure if i'm 100% in. so that's eight.

if it is nine instead of six, then i think a few extra roles could be afforded, right? i mean, i could be wrong since i'm not running anything

it's not like we have twelve and have double the amount. it's just a few more. and i'm not sure if i'm 100% in. so that's eight.
Definitely, since it seems to be a consistent group here already. I’ll talk with fin about adding group roles and see what we come up with!

fin's been a bit busy today so i'll make with getting the cs thread out tonight (It's 5:30pm my time right now) if he doesn't show up in the next few hours for people to start working on reserves and whatnot. The thread as well will have some basic parameters that may help with narrowing down ideas, including some basic heroes that are dead/missing/retired. If anything isn't listed when we do feel free to come up with something as well. The list isn't final and if negotiations can happen that work for character development we can make accommodations. Best part about rping is collaborating in a fun and complex world and we both wanna facilitate that af 😩

When it comes to other archetypes, may not add any new ones yet BUT, if we do we will let you guys know AND if we don't, until after we choose the basic ones, we will work privately with the others to come up with a fitting archetype for them to subvert/adapt from. Is that reasonable for folks?

If people have ideas right now that's alright as well!

Apologies folks for being MIA for the beginning of this thread 😭 I loved reading all the different ideas though. Looks like me and Sab have some topics to tackle. I do agree with Sab that we might collaborate with peeps and expand our roster/archetypes to accommodate these wonderful new ideas.

Another world where combat is a form of friendly conversation lol
Just quoted this because I was reading it all and absolutely howleddd out loud when I first saw this. Certainly hilarious.
plot twist: none of us are let in, the rest of the characters are made into NPCs (°◡°).:。
Hm… Can’t say I wouldn’t do this.
oooohohoho i wanna bring back my oc that's sam wilson's daughter so badly 👁️👁️ maybe i can finagle her to fit in here somehow. she might fit the caregiver role....hmmmmmm
Binch… I’m making a Captain America lackey too. That would be awesome.
Trying to tack down this character idea, it keeps floating between Outsider, Rebel, and Warrior.

My base idea is that an otherwise normal kid from the city happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets caught up in an event involving Ghost Rider and Dr Strange, and is unintentionally transported (similar to how Strange is thrown through realities in the movie) through Nightmare’s realm where he briefly comes into contact with the Night Shard there. This later manifests in the ability to melt into shadows and telepathically blur his existence from peoples memory to an extent.

After this he goes to Dr. Strange for help figuring out these new abilities and dealing with the trauma of having been sent through the nightmare realm, even briefly. On his way he encounters Spider-Man, helping the web-slinger tackle a gang of thugs. After Spider-Man accompanies him to see Dr. Strange he takes the young hero under his wing and introduces him to a few other local NYC hero‘s that can help him perfect his craft.

This however is cut short when the events of Sokovia rock the superhero world. The fall out splinters our hero‘s support system and causes him to begin to struggle with reoccurring dreams stemming from his brief time in the Nightmare realm.

He‘s been coping ever since, alone, in the shadows. Doing what he can here and there, but always hiding, always alone.
This is a super dope idea. I appreciate really interweaving your oc with the marvel lore. With how hectic yet short his heroic career is, I could certainly see myself or Sab modifying the role to the “rookie” or something.

Not to say anybody’s been accepted yet but that definitely piqued my interest.

CS coming asap!

Hallo! Nice to meet you all. I had two ideas but I’m willing to come up with new ones to fill any holes… though it sure seems like this group is pretty full.

One is an Iron Person. The original idea was Edwin Jarvis putting on an Iron Man suit that Tony left behind. Since Jarvis is ALSO dead, I was thinking maybe HE passed his suit down to his daughter, Lily. I can adjust that, but the idea is that this is a spiritual successor to Tony, but she is much more focused on the protection part. So she wields no heavy arms or missiles in this suit; instead, the Iron Butler is equipped with hard light projectors and drones called “Serviettes”. A cinnamon roll who literally puts her armor around other people. She’s not quite a pacifist, but she definitely focuses on minimizing damage. This would be a Caregiver/Professor.

The other idea is just young Multiple Man, if that’s okay. I always liked the idea of Multiple Man.

One is an Iron Person. The original idea was Edwin Jarvis putting on an Iron Man suit that Tony left behind. Since Jarvis is ALSO dead, I was thinking maybe HE passed his suit down to his daughter, Lily. I can adjust that, but the idea is that this is a spiritual successor to Tony, but she is much more focused on the protection part. So she wields no heavy arms or missiles in this suit; instead, the Iron Butler is equipped with hard light projectors and drones called “Serviettes”. A cinnamon roll who literally puts her armor around other people. She’s not quite a pacifist, but she definitely focuses on minimizing damage. This would be a Caregiver/Professor.
If she further develops Tony's Tech then I'd say she'd be more of a Professor (albeit one with a caring streak)?

This is a super dope idea. I appreciate really interweaving your oc with the marvel lore. With how hectic yet short his heroic career is, I could certainly see myself or Sab modifying the role to the “rookie” or something.

Thanks! he basically got enough training to be physically effective but didn’t get enough mentoring to really overcome the internal struggle of learning to be a “good“ guy, so he could fit sort of an anti-hero mold of rebel. He’s also kind of been doing some crime fighting ever since Sokovia even with everyone in hiding because he can just disappear into the shadows so he could be the outsider. But it can easily be adjusted to fit a more “rookie” mold too.

then I still have a completely different backstory in mind that would fit the Warrior but I haven’t really fleshed that one out as much.

I have an idea for a character, a young asgaurdian adopted by Thor after his parents a pair of highly respected guards were killed by Loki when he was the earth equivalent of of twelve, training with Thor he began to see e Him as a father following blindly him blindly always victorious No matter the foe. When he was seventeen and deemed worthy by mjolnir Thor took him to Nidavellir to construct his very own weapon where he constructed a spear infused with a bit of Thor’s lightning. A few months later when ultron arrived he was tasked with helping search and rescue, while defeating whatever stragglers bots.

I intend to flesh it out more but I have a few questions and want to see what roles remain unclaimed, I feel he’ll be a good fit for the Rebel or Warrior role.

Only concern I see with that is the GMs were looking at pretty street level powers and I'm not sure an Asgardian falls in that level of power.

Hallo! Nice to meet you all. I had two ideas but I’m willing to come up with new ones to fill any holes… though it sure seems like this group is pretty full.

The other idea is just young Multiple Man, if that’s okay. I always liked the idea of Multiple Man.
Edwin Jarvis doesn't put on the Iron Man suit. He was around with Tony's dad, so he's just the AI for now (even though that's limited with Osborn's interference). I think you could adjust the idea and make Lily a descendant of Stark altogether, perhaps one who's less flamboyant and like you said, would much rather apply the suit to more practically protect others rather than her father's attention-seeking golden red with missiles.

I think it'd slot well into Caregiver or Professor, yeah.

Mutants are probably the most hunted group right now, with Osborn putting the iron fist down on New York concerning powered individuals. There'll be more elaboration when the CS goes up, but yeah, they're mostly in hiding so it'd be interesting what you do with Multiple Man since he's one too.

I have an idea for a character, a young asgaurdian adopted by Thor after his parents a pair of highly respected guards were killed by Loki when he was the earth equivalent of of twelve, training with Thor he began to see e Him as a father following blindly him blindly always victorious No matter the foe. When he was seventeen and deemed worthy by mjolnir Thor took him to Nidavellir to construct his very own weapon where he constructed a spear infused with a bit of Thor’s lightning. A few months later when ultron arrived he was tasked with helping search and rescue, while defeating whatever stragglers bots.

I intend to flesh it out more but I have a few questions and want to see what roles remain unclaimed, I feel he’ll be a good fit for the Rebel or Warrior role.

Only concern I see with that is the GMs were looking at pretty street level powers and I'm not sure an Asgardian falls in that level of power.
We're looking for street levels of power, for sure, but there will certainly be some heavy hitters. That's undeniable. An Asgardian character, or even Kree like I saw EddieTeddie EddieTeddie mention earlier would float so long as their entire personality doesn't revolve around them being strong.

CS is really coming soon y'all, hang tight!

I'm debating whether or not to throw my hat into the ring as well. Maybe bring Phil back with a few potential tweaks. I don't feel he got a fair shake last time so it would be nice to give him another go.

I have a few other ideas as well, both for OC's and some of the more obscure Marvel characters. I was toying with the notion of Norman Osborn having an illegitimate child running around who's trying to stick it to their old man by playing hero but we'll just have to wait and see what my brain settles on.

I'm debating whether or not to throw my hat into the ring as well. Maybe bring Phil back with a few potential tweaks. I don't feel he got a fair shake last time so it would be nice to give him another go.

I have a few other ideas as well, both for OC's and some of the more obscure Marvel characters. I was toying with the notion of Norman Osborn having an illegitimate child running around who's trying to stick it to their old man by playing hero but we'll just have to wait and see what my brain settles on.
the son of norman osborn idea sounds very interesting.

sab and i are leaning to the fact that, in our universe, norman was never the green goblin. instead, harry was a trigger happy playboy who threw the most extravagant parties and almost od’d countless times. one of these times being on the osborn-issues goblin formula (better name coming soon) hence the green goblin and norman’s disposition towards powered individuals.

throwing a sibling from the shadows in there could further involve the plot for sure! just an idea though so don’t be feel like you have to go with this idea if something else catches your interest.

No spidey or x men people? I’m shocked, hurt, confizzled, and utterly flabbergasted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back