• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ᴹᴬᴿⱽᴱᴸ ˢᴵᴰᴱᴷᴵᶜᴷˢ - on-site ooc & planning

fin

"all i do is finesse, man."
Nothing too fancy because the ooc will be moved to Discord following character acceptance. Nonetheless, here’s a forum where we can talk and critique character ideas more freely before the cs arrives!​

hey there!

i guess i'll share my idea here- another girl (sofya) from the red room. she was a top student, until her roommate, who she was friendly with, attempted to escape, and sofya tried to help her. they were caught, and sofya was taken to an intense remedial course, which ended with her killing the girl which she initially tried to help. she 'graduated' not long after, and later had a run-in with SHIELD, in which she was captured. the other agents were insistent on just killing her and getting it over with, but natasha romanoff insisted on trying to get her to defect. sofya ended up giving in to save her own skin and was paired up with romanoff for missions until shield knew she could be trusted. sofya tried to insist against it, not wanting to do shield's dirty work, but was coerced into it anyways with the threat of elimination above her head. she eventually decided she'd kill romanoff when she wasn't expecting and escape from shield back to the red room. when sofya tried to kill her, though, natasha was able to stop her. romanoff told sofya that she wouldn't tell anyone that sofya'd tried to kill her, and that even if she tried to back to the red room, they'd kill her anyways, not wanting a liability like her. sofya was reluctant at first, but eventually decided SHIELD was more of an opportunity than a prison sentence. she slowly became more loyal to SHIELD, but not six months later, ultron happened. romanoff went MIA, and sofya decided to slip back into the shadows and try to live a normal life. she considered university, but decided it wasn't for her, and has worked in odd jobs up to the events of the rp. she's not super in love with the idea of superheroes being reintroduced, and she thinks osborne is just a sleaze trying to use his position of power for his own gain.

i'm still hammering out the details, but that's the basic gist of it (〜^∇^)〜

Sounds good to me. What role were you thinking?

My idea, I think, fits the professor role: At some point, the man known as The Wizard cloned himself, believing 2 heads were better than 1 (I suppose), in order to overcome Mr. Fantastic and the Future Foundation. Unfortunately, the only surviving clone, Bentley 23, turned on him and eventually joined the Future Foundation after having been taken in by Reed and Sue Richards. He uses some of his father's tech, like anti-grav discs, but has tweaked and added to them over the years.

Ideas are still brewing for perfection and I have centred more on the idea of caregiver, with some detection powers (for illnesses and at present problems)/necropsy intuition (what caused the death) limitations and whatnot - more align with the medium, I'd say. With some active role in potential investigation, which also adds what I like,

Still going through the motions though, haha,

For my over achiever I’ve been wanting to dabble in some doctor strange lore and dramatics; so I’ll be creating a daughter for him that could never amount to his expectations. Yet she continued to try, try, try until she was exhausted beyond belief. But strange was a harsh teacher and a harsher father. Her mother, clea, gave some amount of reprieve but Vivianne Strange needed to be the best. Her mother warned her not to cut corners, and to definitely not even dare try anything related to the dark dimension; although per her lineage she occasionally heard the whispers… and rightfully turned them away.
Come the ultron attack she was on the ground with the rest of the sidekicks, but she was unhappy with being ground support. Came upon her parents fighting some robots, or something like that, attempted to help and be showy and strong; and because she was so confident and yet lacked the faith in her own self from behind held to such a standard, ended up nearly losing her own life, and as a result her father died in the battle.
Since she’s sworn it off, mimicking her own hermit story and going off to help rebuild and to square herself away from any magic whatsoever. Basically off the radar entirely until now.

more or less anyhow!

Sounds good to me. What role were you thinking?
if you're referring to me, i'm thinking the rebel! sofya feels like she'd stick to her assassin tactics, making the rest of the group uncomfortable, and she'd always have been the kind to strike off on her own if she didn't like the game plan.

On the other hand, I've been mulling over someone who went to Osborn to become a Liberator. Whether s/he wanted to keep helping people even if that meant doing so for someone like Osborn or whether s/he did it as a means of gaining information and to know what's going on, I haven't decided.

Could probably merge this idea with the Professor one I mentioned...

On the other hand, I've been mulling over someone who went to Osborn to become a Liberator. Whether s/he wanted to keep helping people even if that meant doing so for someone like Osborn or whether s/he did it as a means of gaining information and to know what's going on, I haven't decided.

Could probably merge this idea with the Professor one I mentioned...
That could be a good outsider in a sense too! The liberators are another term for the dark avengers but I tried to be Cool and ModernTM also because if the president made a group of heroes called the dark avengers I think people would riot LMAOOOO

So, the AI idea I mentioned seems best suited for the Professor or Outsider role.
I am starting to worry about progression. Her primary goal would be to create a powerful enough body that she doesn’t have to fear Osborn coming after her. Probably looking to emulate Stark tech as an intermediary step before attempting to make a synthazoid like Vision’s. With that in mind, I’m not sure how to organically keep her in more street level power categories. Early on, she’ll have resource problems and working extremely slowly to avoid detection. But she is going to push to become much more.
Thoughts?

I'm also thinking of a character for The Caregiver role- She's called Clarissa Barton, but goes by Cliff. Currently she works as a doctor, but before Sokovia she was Hawk-kid/Kid Hawkeye, the protégé of Clint Barton and also his adoptive daughter.
She was found in the rubble following the attack on New York by Loki. An explosion had ruptured both her eardrums leaving her deaf. When all attempts to trace her family failed, Clint adopted her, arguing that since he was also deaf, he'd be a far better guardian than the State foster system/state care system. He taught her archery as a bonding thing, but it quickly became clear she was a natural and Clint began to properly teach her (as well as teaching her parkour/acrobatics and some other tricks from his time in the circus). She was an outgoing, slightly goofy kid who'd inherited Clint's dependency on coffee and took pride in her archery skills, believing that just because she was human it didn't mean she couldn't hold her own against those with powers or wielding magic
She wasn't meant to be in Sokovia, Clint argued against putting any teenager in the front line, but SHIELD shot him down and insisted that everybody who was capable should be fighting. Sokovia went horribly wrong, both Clint and his brother Barney Barton were slaughtered by Ultron's robotic goons and Cliff's long term friend, recently turned girlfriend was also killed. Cliff herself nearly died in the battle, spending the weeks afterwards in a coma and months in physio to strengthen up the muscles in the limbs she'd broken.
So when she was told to, she didn't hesitate to give up being a superhero-sidekick. Her world and belief in herself as a hero were shattered. She wiped what records she could find, changed her name and fled cities, enrolling in university as a medical student. Today she's overworked, jaded, has a genuine caffeine addiction and has lost the goofiness she had as a teenager. She does not want to return to the world of vigilantes and heroes, as for her it cost her everybody she loved and cared about

Thoughts?

So, the AI idea I mentioned seems best suited for the Professor or Outsider role.
I am starting to worry about progression. Her primary goal would be to create a powerful enough body that she doesn’t have to fear Osborn coming after her. Probably looking to emulate Stark tech as an intermediary step before attempting to make a synthazoid like Vision’s. With that in mind, I’m not sure how to organically keep her in more street level power categories. Early on, she’ll have resource problems and working extremely slowly to avoid detection. But she is going to push to become much more.
Thoughts?
Only thing I’m thinking of is maybe somehow they managed to transplant her consciousness (AI) into that of a human at some point, maybe because either stark/pym/Richards/banner had some issue with it before the ultron thing — since after ultron would probably not be a big option since everyone was pretty traumatized after it. Could also be fragmented ultron data that they created as a fail safe; maybe banner did because he was against the whole ultron thing? Have you seen chappie? Kinda similar but opposite; AI into human versus human into robot and robot continuing on? Totally cool to bounce with around a bit; especially since you could play with an “infant” mindset of AI slowly having to grow up again during all this unrest

I'm also thinking of a character for The Caregiver role- She's called Clarissa Barton, but goes by Cliff. Currently she works as a doctor, but before Sokovia she was Hawk-kid/Kid Hawkeye, the protégé of Clint Barton and also his adoptive daughter.
She was found in the rubble following the attack on New York by Loki. An explosion had ruptured both her eardrums leaving her deaf. When all attempts to trace her family failed, Clint adopted her, arguing that since he was also deaf, he'd be a far better guardian than the State foster system/state care system. He taught her archery as a bonding thing, but it quickly became clear she was a natural and Clint began to properly teach her (as well as teaching her parkour/acrobatics and some other tricks from his time in the circus). She was an outgoing, slightly goofy kid who'd inherited Clint's dependency on coffee and took pride in her archery skills, believing that just because she was human it didn't mean she couldn't hold her own against those with powers or wielding magic
She wasn't meant to be in Sokovia, Clint argued against putting any teenager in the front line, but SHIELD shot him down and insisted that everybody who was capable should be fighting. Sokovia went horribly wrong, both Clint and his brother Barney Barton were slaughtered by Ultron's robotic goons and Cliff's long term friend, recently turned girlfriend was also killed. Cliff herself nearly died in the battle, spending the weeks afterwards in a coma and months in physio to strengthen up the muscles in the limbs she'd broken.
So when she was told to, she didn't hesitate to give up being a superhero-sidekick. Her world and belief in herself as a hero were shattered. She wiped what records she could find, changed her name and fled cities, enrolling in university as a medical student. Today she's overworked, jaded, has a genuine caffeine addiction and has lost the goofiness she had as a teenager. She does not want to return to the world of vigilantes and heroes, as for her it cost her everybody she loved and cared about

Thoughts?
I feel so bad for her I love her SOB! I think this ties neatly with the vibe of the sidekicks; we’re gonna roughly use the same timeline from civil war rp so New York battle to ultron is about 13 years if ur cool with her being rly young when she was found! I could def see her being maternal even as a kid to the others, if that’s what you intend! The loving alternative to the usual jaded foster kid trope

Also I’m keen to make the discord soon with fin! I’ll hit you all up; feel free to add me ahead of time Saboona#1995

I feel so bad for her I love her SOB! I think this ties neatly with the vibe of the sidekicks; we’re gonna roughly use the same timeline from civil war rp so New York battle to ultron is about 13 years if ur cool with her being rly young when she was found! I could def see her being maternal even as a kid to the others, if that’s what you intend! The loving alternative to the usual jaded foster kid trope
So do I, she's literally Tragic Backstory Kid™, I'm thinking of maybe having her have some kind of PTSD from the trauma of seeing all those people die before her eyes in Sokovia and I'm thinking maybe it was this display of death that turned her towards medicine, if she couldn't save people as a vigilante then maybe she could as a doctor sort of thing?
I'm totally cool with her being very young when she was found (maybe toddler age or something like that?), it would mean she'd have little to no memory of her actual family, hence why her adoptive family meant so much to her. She's a people person and even before she was a doctor put others' needs ahead of her own
This need for a 'found family' would also maybe tie in to why she's got the maternal streak you suggested?

no jokesters yet. Huh.
There be some major slacking. You all know jokester is the most important part of any team. Geez lmao

So do I, she's literally Tragic Backstory Kid™, I'm thinking of maybe having her have some kind of PTSD from the trauma of seeing all those people die before her eyes in Sokovia and I'm thinking maybe it was this display of death that turned her towards medicine, if she couldn't save people as a vigilante then maybe she could as a doctor sort of thing?
I'm totally cool with her being very young when she was found (maybe toddler age or something like that?), it would mean she'd have little to no memory of her actual family, hence why her adoptive family meant so much to her. She's a people person and even before she was a doctor put others' needs ahead of her own
This need for a 'found family' would also maybe tie in to why she's got the maternal streak you suggested?
She could also be the GLOO that holds our dysfunctional traumatized young adults together once they reconnect

Traumatized? Pffft
Jokester ain’t traumatized. He’ll only wrestle with the fact he may not be funny.
“I let the team down. I’m not funny. They’ll have to find a new person for the comedy relief.”

Damn, reading all the good ideas. I will probably shift to the outside or maybe warrior (hailing from another world is too tempting not to mess with), for interests purposes.

Damn, reading all the good ideas. I will probably shift to the outside or maybe warrior (hailing from another world is too tempting not to mess with), for interests purposes.
Another world where combat is a form of friendly conversation lol

She could also be the GLOO that holds our dysfunctional traumatized young adults together once they reconnect
She could actually! (once they manage to persuade her them to join that is)
She could also end up being the one giving them advice on how to work through their traumas based on what worked for her

Traumatized? Pffft
Jokester ain’t traumatized. He’ll only wrestle with the fact he may not be funny.
“I let the team down. I’m not funny. They’ll have to find a new person for the comedy relief.”
Cue his/her/their existential crisis

(hailing from another world is too tempting not to mess with)
True that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back