• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ᴹᴬᴿⱽᴱᴸ ˢᴵᴰᴱᴷᴵᶜᴷˢ - on-site ooc & planning

Honestly if I do plan to do jokester, I would have to wield such great power with great responsibility
That’s it. That’s his power. He makes people laugh uncontrollably lol

I’ll have jokester do it at Normie’s press conference.
Then he’s a joke and nobody will vote for him again

Fin's gonna read all this and be like 'why the hell am I letting these crazy people into my RP?

Hope this all pans out onto the right path.

harry potter drinking GIF

oooo hello hello. everyone's ideas so far are really interesting!
my first instinct was to go for the rebel, but i tend to stick to that character trope so i might shoot for the professor :0 we'll see
either way this looks like loads of fun hehe

Only thing I’m thinking of is maybe somehow they managed to transplant her consciousness (AI) into that of a human at some point, maybe because either stark/pym/Richards/banner had some issue with it before the ultron thing — since after ultron would probably not be a big option since everyone was pretty traumatized after it. Could also be fragmented ultron data that they created as a fail safe; maybe banner did because he was against the whole ultron thing? Have you seen chappie? Kinda similar but opposite; AI into human versus human into robot and robot continuing on? Totally cool to bounce with around a bit; especially since you could play with an “infant” mindset of AI slowly having to grow up again during all this unrest
I have been considering the fragmented Ultron data idea to keep her software capabilities manageable. She’s having to go slowly in her attempts to clean up her own code for fear of activating something Ultron left behind.
I must admit, as I’ve been thinking on the character, the whole “holographic AI” angle appeals to me. She’d communicate using people’s phones or modified consumer drones/RC equipment. This could also lead to a more “swarm” based physical form (think microbots from the Big Hero 6 movie), but once again I feel like I’m over stepping the boundaries laid out for the game.
Some of this could be answered by limiting the AI’s mental capabilities further than I had originally thought (seeing her limitations more processor speed and multitasking based), but “dumbing her down” more and I start to wonder why I’m trying to play an AI.
I fear the character will become the type who’s point is the journey to get better, but can’t because once they are better, the story is over.

I have other ideas, so we don’t have to force this one to fit. But it seems like a fun idea. Just not sure if it fits with the rest of it.

Nah, there is also the idea of maintaining being better
Because they can always slip into the old mindset. Story not over

I have been considering the fragmented Ultron data idea to keep her software capabilities manageable. She’s having to go slowly in her attempts to clean up her own code for fear of activating something Ultron left behind.
I must admit, as I’ve been thinking on the character, the whole “holographic AI” angle appeals to me. She’d communicate using people’s phones or modified consumer drones/RC equipment. This could also lead to a more “swarm” based physical form (think microbots from the Big Hero 6 movie), but once again I feel like I’m over stepping the boundaries laid out for the game.
Some of this could be answered by limiting the AI’s mental capabilities further than I had originally thought (seeing her limitations more processor speed and multitasking based), but “dumbing her down” more and I start to wonder why I’m trying to play an AI.
I fear the character will become the type who’s point is the journey to get better, but can’t because once they are better, the story is over.

I have other ideas, so we don’t have to force this one to fit. But it seems like a fun idea. Just not sure if it fits with the rest of it.
Could also use it as a plot point too! Since yeah it does seem like a rather linear trip to one end; perhaps the group finding this AI as something left behind rather than a player?

Nah, there is also the idea of maintaining being better
Because they can always slip into the old mindset. Story not over
you are correct. My terminology wasn’t exact. It’s less “story ends” as “efficacy in current story ends.” Her primary goal is to regain functionality. Once she does, I don’t know if she fits in with the premise of the game any longer. With how I would want to play the character, I don’t think she would remain in the power levels we’re going for.

Could also use it as a plot point too! Since yeah it does seem like a rather linear trip to one end; perhaps the group finding this AI as something left behind rather than a player?
that’s a possibility. A more side character/npc.

you are correct. My terminology wasn’t exact. It’s less “story ends” as “efficacy in current story ends.” Her primary goal is to regain functionality. Once she does, I don’t know if she fits in with the premise of the game any longer. With how I would want to play the character, I don’t think she would remain in the power levels we’re going for.

that’s a possibility. A more side character/npc.
could still be tied to your character in some way; maybe if they were close enough to one of the scientists involved and they implanted some of her into the programming, in a way to give it that humanity that ultron lacked. sort of a coming together and unification for both the AI and your character???? totally just going off on a tangent on this but it could be a cool thing at some point 👁️👄👁️

I am very much leaning towards the Warrior. Thinking a kree abandoned on earth and taken under Captain Marvel's wing. Have some more ideas but I haven't had the time to write it down properly yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back