• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Omega Max Prison (occ)

Alrighty, don't worry.

So first: your character sheet (the second post) needs to be in the character sheet thread.

Second: you need to wait for the gm ( The DoomyFish The DoomyFish ) to accept your character.

Third: then you can post in the IC thread once accepted. That's how it works with basically every roleplay on this site.

But don't worry, I did exactly what you just did in my first roleplay, so you're not the only one. : P

You can find the links to the various threads at the top of the first page on any of the threads, including this one. : )
Thanks

The only reason he did it was because I'm a part of this roleplay 98ajaj is a kid in my school and he thought he could just join in and "Make an entrance"....

Hey sorry about the intrusion but i cant figure this out on my phone without help i would like to join if thats alright

98ajaj 98ajaj

HEAVILY EDITED!

Rping is like swimming ... Before you hop into the pool, you need to know the basics;
1) 90% of RPs are third person narratives, so you say he and she, and sprinkle in names for clarity. Paragraphs tend to be 4-6 sentences, with dialogue in quotations.
2) Read first then respond. Literally 90% of the text on your screen is useful, even the site's function buttons are labelled. More importantly, other peoples' posts will tell you valuable information about the roleplay, especially the first few posts of a thread, and the last few. The first few will usually contain information that the creator wants you to know about the setting/world, and the last few let you know what's going on.
3) There is an edit button, so if you've left something out, you can always go back and add more instead of posting again. It should be under the little tools section of your post, right at the bottom. Also keep in mind that you're exchanging messages with people in different time zones, with different schedules, it might take a while for other people to respond.
4) Most importantly; When you write in a roleplay, you are writing for the benefit of others. You are giving people something to respond to, a prompt by which to write a few paragraphs, so you need to include something that can be respond to.
5) You need a keyboard ... just ... you just need a keyboard. RPing on a phone is just ... it's not ... Y'can't. Phones are not built for large blocks of text. Bad things are typed on phones. 50 shades of grey was written on a phone.

... other people, help me out here. What do you feel are some essential tips when roleplaying!?

Last edited:
I had pm'd 98ajaj 98ajaj some of the same tips not long before you posted that message (I even included the swimming analogy, so seeing its return made me chuckle). I think you gave good advice; the only tip I can think to include is that because you are leaving something for people to respond to, you also need to make sure that you do not assume reactions from other character. What I mean is that when your character does interact with others in the future, make sure to wait for their response. You cannot assume reactions and type the way a character which is not yours will react. The reason I am including this is because many people who are new to role playing tend to make that mistake. :)

I cannot agree with Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie more in regards to posting on a cell phone. Granted, there will be times when a roleplayer has to use their phone - when your computer breaks, for example - but I would suggest posting on a computer whenever you can. I know that whenever I have to post on my phone, it takes way too long for a tiny post, and I find that the poor quality of the post is not worth the time put into it. This message that I am writing right now, for example, is taking me so much longer than it normally does because I am on my phone (only with a poor reason - I am procrastinating turning on my laptop to finish some commissions). I do hope you come to enjoy roleplaying, however! It can be really enjoyable :D

I didn't realize until 5 minutes ago that Luca is basically a childish psychopath........

What have I done

I'm terribly sorry for the extended silence my friends, times have been tough lately, new job, new kid. I've been and will remain super busy. As such I pass the RP off to Celo Celo & Kloudy Kloudy
Please feel free to continue without me. I trust your collective creativity can turn this idea into a master piece. Enjoy and Good luck to all of you. :)

Eh? Erm... Okay. I will try and think of some ways to get the RP rolling, you guys! I just gotta make a few characters and figure out some plot organization to get things rolling~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back