• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Of Axes and Dragons

Max laughed at him and nodded some "Oh okay fine, we'll talk about that later." She murmured kissing him gently "What do you want for breakfast?"

Daemon gave a small nod and sighed softly. He was begining to worry about her. She was becoming way too quiet, and becoming withdrawn from the children.

He shrugged a little and started to get up slowly, “I’m not really hungry love.” He told her quietly, just looking worn down.

Lana was sat in the lounge watching cartoons most of the morning being left to her own devices until she saw her dad come in, jumping up and running over to him. “Daddy can we get a new dog?” She asked him. They’d had two up until just before max had moved out and never gotten around to getting new dogs

Max nodded some and frowned softly watching him as she got up "Alright love." She said quietly before getting dressed. She was still worried about him and his lack of appetite was concerning indeed.

Daemon came down a little later and smiled as Lana ran over to him once he got in the lounge area. He chuckled some as he heard her question "A new puppy?! Well...you know I think we could do that, might make your momma feel better too. Why don't I find a place and we go pick one out together yeah? Surprise her with it." He said happily as he held his daughter close

She nodded and just held onto him tighter. “But we have to tell mommy that we went out for lunch. Cause otherwise she’ll be really worried. She said no one is allowed to leave the house.” She told him quietly.

Ivar finally got downstairs and into his study to get some phone calls made about work, just trying to hold onto as much of his job as possible so no one else took it from him.

Daemon gave a small chuckle and nodded some "You are so smart you know that? Got that big brain from your mother." He said happily before kissing the top of her head "Why don't you got get ready okay? And I will talk with your mother."

Max sat in the lounge looking over a few papers frowning as she saw an account that used to belong to Ivar now listed under Ubbe's name. She went looking further and found that nearly half of their accounts were under Ubbe and not Ivar. She shook her head a bit and went to show him wanting to know if he knew about it or not.

He looked over at her and frowned. “Hey… you okay?” He asked her, seeing the papers in her hand. “Is that the docking accounts?” He sighed seeing her confusion. “I’m still working on it but they’re worried about me getting worse and work having to keep stopping.” He told her quietly looking frustrated.

Lana nodded and ran off giggling, going to see Leif to tell him what they were doing and frowned not seeing him in his room, going to get dressed though and soon was following her dad out of the house, looking around and frowning “daddy why are there four people following us?” She asked him frowning.

Max frowned some and sat down handing him the papers "Is that why over half of your accounts are now under Ubbe?" She asked giving a small sigh but nodded "I understand their worry, but do they plan on giving them back when your health is back?"

Daemon took them out and held her hand in his giving a small sigh "They're watching us and protecting us princess." He explained before he helped get her in the car "Come on, in you go."

He shrugged. “I don’t know. I haven’t got around to discussing that yet…. I think I need to go lay down again,” he frowned, getting up carefully as he started feeling weird, swaying on his feet a little.

She nodded and got in, holding onto him the whole time.

Carmen had been assuming the whole day that Leif had gone with them seeing as he hadn’t been in the house at all, in the middle of going back up to bed when they got home though, looking around and frowning. “Where’s Leif?” She hasn’t even noticed the puppy in her daughters arms.

Max frowned deeply and nodded some seeing him sway "Lets go to the guest room." She murmured before helping him leave. She gave a heavy sigh as she left him to sleep and went to look over a few other things.

Daemon gave a small frown and began to worry when she asked where Leif was "i thought he was asleep..." he said before telling one of his men to watch Lana while he went searching the entire house with Carmen "Leif! Leif where are you?!" He yelled out feeling panic start to set in.

The knock came half an hour later and Ubbe was stood on the other side of their front door frowning. “You wanted to talk to me?” He asked her having got a text from Ivar about the accounts.

She went straight to his room again, rubbing at her face a little. “Where is he? He’s not in the house he’s not… Where is he?!” She screeched, sliding down the wall to sit on the floor when daemons phone started ringing, feeling sick to her stomach when she heard someone on the other end explain that she was calling from the hospital and that they should get there soon. “Bjorn can watch Lana.” She told him quickly, calling him and explaining what was going on through tears while they went to the car.

Max opened the door and let him in giving a small nod "Yes please follow me." She said taking him to the office. "As you know, I do Ivar's paperwork from time to time, this being one of those times. I understand you've taken over nearly half of his accounts due to his medical issues. I thank you for helping him, but my concern is looking over the past two years, when our engagement was announced it seems as though Ivar's profits declined slowly. They were small numbers at first, but now its nearly half of his take being skimmed from him. Can you explain why this might be happening?" She asked him raising an eyebrow. She may not like them, but she sounded just like her Targaryen heritage in this moment.

Daemon ended up back in his room frowning deeply "I don't know Carmen!" He yelled back. He stopped though when he heard his phone ring and answered with a shaky hand "Hello?...this is he....we'll be there shortly." He said quietly before looking at Carmen with scared eyes. He got her together and in the car speeding to the hospital in record time.

She was shaking the whole way there, getting inside and just trying to keep up with Daemon's long strides, feeling an awful sense of deja vu, finally making it through to the correct room and stepped inside to find her son under tons of wires and tubes and machines everywhere, sitting next to his bed and just gripping at his hand, "What happened?!" She sobbed

He frowned and shook his head "He is taking home the same amount of money, you can still buy your designer goods." He sneered at her "It should come as no surprise to you that my brother is not a well man... We are surprised he's made it this far... Maxine what makes you think he should be working as much as he used to? And secondly, what did you think the consequences were going to be when between the two of you you refused help to Ragnar's only daughter.... Maybe not by blood but enough that he was the one who made the call to pull Ivar's influence." He told her seriously

Max frowned deeply and shook her head some "I could care less about designer things. What I car about is that my husband is seen as an equal by his family. Which he is not." She said before glaring at him a bit "Consequences for staying neutral? For wanting to stay clear of getting our hands in that drama? I heard it is possibly Alicent...she will go after those who stand in her way to help, I wanted to keep my family safe." She said seriously.

The nurse who led them back giving a heavy sigh "It looks to be a hit and run, outside the conveniece store on main. A passer on the street said he walked the crosswalk and a car came by and hit him then sped off." She explained before giving a sympathic look to them "The doctor will be in shortly to explain the injuries."

Ubbe grit his teeth and glared at her. “You have known my brother all of two years! Do you not understand that if we let him continue as he has then he will die faster than he already is?!” He shouted at her. “It is a hard truth to hear but the truth nonetheless!” He snapped. “Butt out of the business and I will forget this ever happened but if you keep pushing you are going to kill him.” He snapped, leaving quickly after that.

She just nodded, sobbing quietly while she cupped his face. “I can’t do this again. I can’t.” She cried to Daemon, glancing over at him. “What was he doing for gods sakes.” She whimpered.

Max glared at him as he got up to leave. She cleaned up her things before moving to the lounge. She sighed heavily as she thought things over trying to figure out her situation and what she needed to do.

Daemon frowned deeply shaking his head some seeing a bag on the little table. He frowned deeply looking inside seeing some snacks and a drink "He was getting snacks....fucking hell.." he muttered pinching the bridge of his nose

She frowned shaking her head "Was it bad luck? Was it an accident?" She whimpered, shaking a little, "It's not fair." She was sobbing again after that, just watching him and eventually fell silent, staring at Leif and holding his hand tightly, not making any indication that she was aware of her surroundings.

Ivar was slowly making his way out of the guest room, breathing heavy and sweating bullets, struggling to even see straight but he was trying to get around by himself, his pride always getting in the way "I heard.... shouting." He wheezed.

Daemon gave a heavy sigh as he sat next to her rubbing her back gently "We will find out what happened. I will speak with the cops on it." He said quietly

Max frowned deeply when she saw the state of him and immediately got up "It was nothing, baby lets lay down. You're not looking so good." She said quietly before kissing the top of his head.

He frowned but nodded, feeling completely out of it. “How is… little one… doing?” He asked her, his face scrunching up in pain as they slowly moved him back to the guest room to lay down.

She hadn’t heard him just completely numb at this point and worrying about her boy.

Max frowned softly "They're okay." She said softly kissing his forehead again "Let me get the fan turned on and a cool rag. You're burning up." She said quietly.

Daemon frowned deeply and just kept quiet for the rest of the time until the doctor finally came in "What is the damage?"

He looked over at them frowning some. “He’s got broken ribs which caused a punctured lung. The biggest concern is the way he was crushed under the car. There’s a lot of damage to his heart and his spine. If we can’t get him breathing on his own within the next day or so then it’s likely he will not survive.” He explained to him.

He frowned and watched her some, eventually closing his eyes from being worn out. “I think… I need that new… new kidney.” He grunted, shaking a little.

Daemon took in a sharp breath but gave a small nod "He will make it and you will do everything to save him." He said seriously to the doctor.

Max frowned deeply as she watched him quickly calling 911 knowing he needed a hospital.

Ubbe was the one to show up a few hours later at the hospital and walked in frowning. “And you still think he should be working?” He muttered, taking a seat and watching his youngest brother frowning.

He nodded to him and just left them to it, Carmen still staring at her son and making no moves that she was at all aware of anything going on around her.

Max frowned deeply watching Ubbe some as he came in "He needs a new kidney...he has been taking too many pain killers over the years." She explained completely ignoring his previous question.

Daemon gave a heavy sigh watching the both of them before he stepped outside. He made a quick phone call taking deep breaths "I need to know who the fuck did this." He spat down the line to the police cheif

He sighed and shook his head. “And still you don’t listen.” He muttered. “It is exhausting with your damn Targaryen pride.” He snapped.

He frowned as he listened to, for all intents and purposes, his boss. “Listen Daemon, you know the rules, I don’t get involved in in-house affairs. So I tell you what I know now but that’s it. Don’t let me catch you doing whatever it is you do.” He muttered. “Your son was seen with his cousin, Aemond, looked like they were having an argument. Aemond left and got in the back of the car that then ran Leif down… I would assume your nephew gave the order.” He muttered.

Max glared over at.him again shaking her head some "Yet you had no problem buying me now did you? By that point you should have known how they act." She spat before taking Ivar's hand in hers "I am worried for my husband Ubbe, no matter how you all think of me. I do love him."

Daemon felt his anger rise as he heard him and hung up immediately. He stormed back into the room and took Carmen's hand in his "Aemond." Was all he said before giving it a squeeze and leaving to take care of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back