• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Of Axes and Dragons

Max stood in the bridal suite of the venue taking deep breaths. She was terrified of the life she was about to be thrust into with marrying the youngest Lothbrok son. She wasn't new to the mob life though, having grown up a Targaryen she knew the ins and outs, but Ivar was said to be a loose cannon, worse than her cousin Daemon. She looked over at the door when she heard it open giving a small smile seeing Carmen come through "Carmen....please change his mind, tell him this is a waste.." she pleaded as she rushed to Daemon's wife.

Daemon stood outside with a glass of wine sipping it happily. Today he made his alliance with the Lothbrok family official, he was also one step closer to taking his brother's place as the head of their business. He raised a glass seeing Ivar coming his way "Ivar! What a pleasure it is to see you again! Big day huh?" He teased chuckling some. He took another sip of his wine watching the younger man come over leaning on his crutch.

Carmen sighed a little as she stepped in, shaking her head. “He’s barely speaking to me if we aren’t in public sweetheart. He won’t listen. Ivar will be good to you max. He is many things but he respects women. To an extent.” She told her. “You will be just fine.” She told her quietly. She had done the same many years ago but the other way round and for a long time things had been good in her marriage but these days they barely looked at each other let alone spoke when they were at home. She set a few bits down for the bridesmaids before heading out again, brushing past her husband and sighed quietly, feeling his eyes follow her to the car while she was collecting things

Ivar frowned and made his way over carefully. “It is indeed. Being packaged up and given aaay to the highest bidder.” He muttered a little sarcastically. “She seems like she will make a good wife though. I thank you for making a good choice like that.” He told him quietly.

Daemon gave a small nod and watched as his wife left towards the cars. Their marriage had started off very similar to this, loveless and arranged. Though, within time they did find love there and he was actually happy at one point. Now though, it seemed like they were even more distant now than when they originally married. "Well of course, if I want this relationship between our families to work you'll need a good woman. A bit stubborn at times, but she folds easily enough." He said with a small chuckle. He heard the music start to play and quickly finished his glass "I think thats our que." He said before going inside and to where Max was waiting.

Max took a shaky breath but gave her a small nod "I hope so.." she murmured before she left the room. She stayed there for a while until she heard a knock at the door and Daemon walking in to come walk her out. She had grown up with him as he liked to put it 'Big Brother' figure in her life after her parents died. Though she more would describe it as tormenter. She took his arm hesitantly before walking out and towards the altar. As they got to the entrance she stood there frozen not able to even move and it was Daemon who squeezed her arm in assurance before pulling her some to get her feet going.

carmen had grabbed a couple bits from the car before taking her seat inside, nodding to Ivar and looking up when she heard the door open, everybody standing up to watch her walk down the aisle. Her eyes stuck to her husband though and the look in his eyes. Her mind travelling back to their own wedding day and specifically night when they’d almost ended up killing each other in a row and she found herself smiling at the memory. She could hardly believe how much she missed him.

Ivar had made his way to stand at the front to wait for her to walk in, nervously stood by his brother and best man, watching the gorgeous woman walk towards him. This was not how he had envisioned his marriage though he had grown used to his life never quite turning out how he expected or let alone wanted it to go.

Daemon gave Ivar a small smile before handing his cousin over. He took his place next to Carmen glancing down at her some "Reminds me of our wedding....lets hope they don't try to kill eachother." He murmured giving a small chuckle before turning his attention to the front once everything began.

Max stood there staring at her soon to be husband taking a deep breath. He was definitely a handsome man but she was still not happy about this. When they finally got to the I Do's she stood there for a moment taking a moment before glancing at Carmen. When she nodded she took a deep breath looking directly at the man infront of her "I do." She said softly to him.

She hummed in response and took his hand sighing a little while they sat through the ceremony and eventually the whole crowd was starting to disperse to go to the reception and she chose to go with Ubbe instead of her husband. “You promise me you will watch out for her? She is not like me or like any of her family. She doesn’t have the same fire the rest of us do. Stubborn? Yes. But not the rest.” She told him frowning, worrying about her

Ivar got into the car with her after the ceremony and just sat staring out the window. “You don’t need to worry about tonight. I will not take you to bed.” He told her. “For now. Let’s enjoy the food and drink and tomorrow we can discuss how this will work between us.” He told her gently

Daemon frowned deeply when he saw his wife go with her childhood friend. He made his way to the reception and immediately got a drink from the open bar. He made his way to immediate family table and patiently waited for his wife to come back. Though they were on the outs he still didn't like her around other men, in his eyes she was his and no one else's.

Max got into car with him after the ceremony and nodded softly "I think I can work with that." She said softly before looking out the window staying silent for the rest of the ride. As they got to the reception she went to his side slipping her arm around his "It'll look better if we atleast seem somewhat happy." She said quietly when he gave her a confused look.

He glanced over at her when she took his arm and just grunted in agreement, walking with her towards their table at the back and sitting down without pulling her chair out. “Are your things packed and ready?” He asked her. “For moving to my house?”

She eventually left Ubbe to it and made her way over to the family table, taking a seat and sighing some. “Eliza just sent me a text. The kids are asking to see a movie. I’ve said yes.” She told him. They had three of them. Two boys and one girl but they hadn’t exactly had a normal upbringing. They saw the children at most four months out of the year in total and she constantly worried about whether it would screw them up in the future.

Daemon gave a small frown and nodded some "Alright then." He murmured before taking a sip of his drink. He'd never been one for children,he wanted heirs yes, but he definitely was not going to be winning father of the year anytime soon. He smirked as he watched Max come in with Ivar arm in arm "She learns fast....glad she finally gave up her protest."

Max sat down and thanked him quietly as he pulled her chair out. She nodded some giving a heavy sigh "Yes everything is packed and ready." She said quietly to him. This was definitely not ideal, but atleast he wasn'r being rude towards her.

She just nodded and sighed a little. “Not that you care but he will look after her. They may end up happy.” She said quietly and sighed a little, sipping her wine. “Do you think we could ever find that again? Or is that over for good?” She asked him bluntly.

He nodded to her and smiled some. “Good. No extra hassle then tomorrow.” He muttered, his entire demeanour changing though when Hvitserk came and sat on his other side, the two of them laughing and talking all evening together while he all but ignored his new bride for now.

Daemon snorted some at the mention of Max and Ivar being happy "I highly doubt actual happieness." He murmured before giving a small shrug "Possibly, we will just have to see." He said quietly watching her some "Would you want for that to happen?"

Max gave a small nod and watched everyone. She felt out of place, like she wasn't actually there. No one spoke to her, not even her family. It was like she was a ghost in it all.

She shook her head. “You don’t know the same Ivar I do.” She told him quietly. “And yes… I miss it. Don’t you?” She asked him frowning a little.

Once food had been eaten and a speech or two made about the venture this was for both the family businesses it had been tkme for dancing and Ivar ended up calling his brother back over. “Would you take her out there? I can’t do it today but I feel a little sorry for her.” He muttered

Daemon chuckled some before nodding lightly "At times yes, it was nice having someone lay next to me at night, and to speak with. I do like silence but....I do miss our conversations." He said truthfully. As the night progressed and the dancing started he decided to stand and extend his hand to his wife "Would you care to join me?"

Max looked up when she heard a raspy voice say her name. She recognized him, Carmen said she had been close to him as a child "Ubbe correct?" She asked softly giving a small smile when he nodded and asked to dance "Oh um...sure."

She smiled when he came back from the bar to ask her to dance, getting up and following him out onto the dance floor, taking his hand and an hand on his shoulder and just swayed quietly with him. “Maybe once the children are back at school we could try again.” She suggested quietly.

Ubbe smiled and helped her up, taking her out to the floor. “You’ll have to forgive my brother for not coming out here with you himself. Public settings are not his strong suit.” He smiled. “I wanted to take the opportunity to talk with you. So that you understand that you will be safe with our family. And if that was to ever change, you should come straight to either me or Bjørn.” He explained. “Carmen has discussed things with us at length about your family.”

Daemon took her hand in his and placed his other on her waist "I think that could be a good idea.." he said softly as they swayed together "Do you remember our first dance? You kept purposefully stepping on my feet with you heels." He said giving a small laugh "My feet were bruised for days."

Max took Ubbe's hand as they danced giving him a small nod "I'm not much for social gatherings either." She said softly before taking a deep breath "Thank you for reassuring me...this...this has not been easy for me." She admits before giving a soft sigh "But I will do what I can to represent your family in the best way."

She smiled and nodded. “You deserved it though. You kept commenting about my customs.” She reminded him “Lana got into your study the other day apparently. And Eliza said she walked into find Havi smacking her for it… you need to watch your temper in front of the boys.” She warned him.

Ubbe nodded and smiled gently at her. “We are not the Targaryens. You will find your place with us. And carmen is always welcome in our family so you have not lost her for good.” He assured her, finishing the dance and nodded deeply to her to let her go as the evening was beginning to wind down

Daemon frowned deeply when she explained that their son had smacked his daughter. He may not have been the best father but he did have a bit of a soft spot for his daughter. He sighed heavily but nodded some "I will talk with him." He mumbled before kissing her forehead gently.

Max gave a small nod and smiled gently "Thank you Ubbe." She said softly before giving him a small curtsey. As the night started to wind down she made her way out to the car with Ivar watching him some noting how heavily he was favoring his crutch "Are you alright?" She asked softly

He turned to look at her and frowned. “That is a stupid question” he muttered, his pride along with the drink from the evening coming out right now as he got into the car and waited patiently for her to get in as well.

She nodded and thanked him, finishing their evening slightly early and left to go home with him, half asleep by the time they made it back, getting out and going inside, thanking the nanny for working her normal day off and paying her a generous tip before going up to check on the kids, kissing each of their heads and finally went to get ready for bed

Max got in the car and nodded softly "Right.." she whispered before taking a deep breath. She sat in silence with him on the ride there. She went a bit wide eyed seeing the beautiful home "This is a beautiful place."

Daemon made his way home and up to their room. He stepped out once he was in his night clothes seeing Carmen start to go towards the guest room "Why don't you come lay with me for the night?" He asked softly

She paused and turned to face him, simply nodding and followed him back to their room, laying in bed but not facing him. Not ready for that by a long shot. In truth she knew it was mostly the wine falling out of him anyway but she would enjoy it if only for tonight

Ivar nodded and sighed a little. “It is. Too big for one person. You can take your pick of the rooms upstairs “ he told her quietly as they headed inside and he went for the stairs. “I will give you the tour in the morning. Goodnight Maxine.” He told her quietly, heading up to bed slowly.

Daemon groaned softly as he woke up the next morning to an empty bed. He frowned softly as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes wondering where Carmen could have left to. He heard the shower go and smirked softly getting up and going into the restroom "Care if I join?" He asked in a low tone before she got in.

Max woke up the next day and went downstairs to the kitchen. She looked through the fridge and got out some juice jumping out of her skin when she heard Ivar's voice "Oh goodness! You scared me...Good morning." She said softly

She shrugged a little and turned to face him. “If you like.” She mumbled and went to get in the shower.

He just nodded and sat down. “Pour me a glass if you’re having one.” He told her quietly.

Max gave a small nod getting two glasses for them. She poured the drinks and sat with him at the table "So um...what um...what do you need and want from me?" She asked softly

Daemon stripped down and smirked a bit. He stepped in with her and started letting his hands roam her body "You know how beautiful you are?" He asked quietly in her ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back