Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Gosh, I'd love to have a Pretty Rhythm/PriPara RP. I've done a Pretty Rhythm RP once on a different site and damn it was fun.

Tbh it’s not even obscure but I’ve seen like zero Karate Kid/Cobra Kai rps

Absolutely dying for Jack Reacher or a Sherlock Holmes v Arsène Lupin roleplay. Some good classic lit roleplays happening both in France and in England - I absolutely loved reading through the Arsène Lupin v Herlock Sholmes (copyright and all that jazz) from Maurice Leblanc and would absolutely adore having someone do it with me :D

For a second before reading the rest of your post I thought "Wait, are those two an actual cannon crossover"? Because I just finished (as in immediately prior to opening the notification) an anime episode that concluded a Sherlock Holmes vs Arsène Lupin arc.
They are an early 20th century "canon" crossover (1908 to be precise).
In the original novel, Maurice Leblanc (author of the Extraordinary Adventures of Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Thief - or at least that's how it's called in French) wrote about Sherlock Holmes but, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ended up not liking it and asking Holmes be removed.

So Maurice Leblanc just changed the name to Herlock Sholmes.

Great story though, even if Conan Doyle didn't like it, still among the best novels I've ever read in my opinion. Clever, funny, interesting and did justice to both characters' intelligence and skill. If you like Sherlock Holmes, go read it !

Last edited:
They are an early 20th century "canon" crossover (1906 to be precise).
In the original novel, Maurice Leblanc (author of the Extraordinary Adventures of Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Thief - or at least that's how it's called in French) wrote about Sherlock Holmes but, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ended up not liking it and asking Holmes be removed.

So Maurice Leblanc just changed the name to Herlock Sholmes.

Great story though, even if Conan Doyle didn't like it, still among the best novels I've ever read in my opinion. Clever, funny, interesting and did justice to both characters' intelligence and skill. If you like Sherlock Holmes, go read it !

Maybe I might some time. Got a number of things to read in line before then though.

I've been wanting to do an rp based on Enola Holmes (novels and movies ) forever but never seems to ever have any intrest but it would be a dream

I don't know if this counts as obscure, but HTTYD. No one seems to be interested in roleplaying it, even though it's an amazing fandom.

This one I think is a bit more obscure, but... anything in the world of the Cosmere, which is like the collective universe a lot of Brandon Sanderson's books are set in. That world is amazing, and I'd love to do a roleplay set in it.

it's a book fandom and no one writes for it, but i'd kill for a plot in the world of the stalking jack the ripper series! or even trigun, though i think trigun is gaining some popularity due to stampede.
Slides in several months late

Someone says Trigun RP?

no clue at all if these are obscure but absolutely craving some Wheel of Time (because what a rich world? Also I'm an absolute sucker for chosen one/reincarnation/magic/post apoc fantasy settings,) or From shenanigans, or even just worlds inspired by them. I'm working on a roleplay loosely based on From (rural town people are trapped in, they arrive despite all having driven on different roads and no matter how long or how far you drive away from the town you will always arrive back - that is of course if you survive the night. Darkness brings demons who will play on your mind just as readily as they'll tear you to pieces. Survival/Supernatural type roleplay driven by the characters who've found themselves there and the bus full of people who've arrived into this hell.) Also a Carnival Row type setting where fantasy meets Victorian for some political drama.

less obscure but I'd love some succession/house of the dragon style drama with all the betrayal and intrigue and tragedy they both include. Honestly I'd absolutely adore some HOTD stuff but in my limited experience on other sites anything fandom seems to die rather quickly after the initial boom of excitement wears off.

Admittedly I'm really on a fantasy/supernatural kick as I finally catch up on all the books and shows I've not had time to read/watch.

Dramaworld (and especially Dramaworld 2) - it's the perfect sandbox setting for any possible k-drama style rp you can imagine... and nobody on here knows about it! It's such a funny, meta show, but serious and romantic when it needs to be - so much potential <3

I'd die if anyone wanted to rp Dramaworld with me - so few people know about it, but it's a story and world that throws up so many rp ideas <3

Really late to this post, but I am too! It's so hard to find LO RP partners! I'm desperate for atleast one.
Well look no further I actually have a LO discord server that was converted into a mythology server that allows mythology, fandoms associated with mythology like for example percy jackson etc. Plus including lore olympus. If your interested please feel free to dm me, I also have an ad in off-site recruitment.

Wouldn't know about obscure fandoms - I thought Rise of the Guardians was obscure, but hey, I found someone for that -, but when it comes to obscure pairings, I would say Mereoleona x William is a pretty damn difficult one to get someone for. Black Clover in itself is not technically obscure, but finding someone who likes Black Clover and is willing to do canon x canon with couples that are not canonically together... is pretty difficult, I'd argue. It sucks being the one that needs to adapt. Imagine if I could find someone who is solely interested in Mereoleona x William, in the same way Wolfstar or Klance is majorly popular. Of course, I don't mind doubling - I wish more people were on board with that, honestly - but then wouldn't many people dream that their niche little OTP was one day enough for a roleplay?

Heck, I can't even get that pairing to be played out in a doubling situation. One day. One day, I swear. I will make this little ship THE ship. Mark my words.

recently got super (lmao) into super sentai, and a part of me stays a little curious about how exactly that would turn out in a roleplay setting. i feel like it'd eventually get stale because of how formulaic the genre is, but man, it'd be stupid fun.

Does Arknights count as obscure? I think it does. The dystopian nature and edgy world makes it difficult for more happy people to play without feeling depressed or getting squeamish.

Then there's Honkai Star Rail, but that's a game made by Mihoyo, the same as the ones who made Genshin Impact. Still, I'm surprised it's not as popular as I thought it'd be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back