Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Really really old cartoons that I grew up with, like SRMTHFG/Sgt Frog, are fandoms that I’d love to roleplay. I haven’t found anyone familiar with with either fandom just yet.

I guess on a similar level, Sonic? But I know Sonic is much bigger; I haven’t even asked about if anyone wants to rp that yet.

I read Elf Quest too XD
Just not ready to rp it because I don't remember it well enough.

THE MAGNUS ARCHIVES. 100%. its such a well written horror podcast, the world building and story are so immaculate and it's sooooo fucking good. i've been wanting to make a group rp based off it for a good while now, and as summer and more free time approaches, i likely will once i figure out a plot and what direction to take it.
i know this was posted literally months ago but omg please that would be so good

I'm currently playing through Bloodborne right now. My husband has played through the 'Soulsborne' games a few times each. I'm trying to convince him to create a RP based on the games. XD I too am curious how he'd go about building it.
It's a bit late, but I hope you are enjoying the game. Look forward to any potential ideas.i guessing if there could be anything to suggest at this point. It would be to not get concerned with fallowing the normal plot of the game. Maybe explore some interpretations of some less explored stuff. Like the Vinheim dragon school from dark souls, barely hear much about it, and it may never be explored...even in those few comics.

I’d like to play something like that Chronicle movie. A bunch of teens get telekinesis from an alien object, and how they react to that.

Might seem weird but something based on Sailor Moon. Not necessarily using canon characters but playing with the mythology and premise.

Also something similar to Doom Patrol, although that would require me to be in a particular place mentally, cuz that’s a show that can get really deep into mental health issues and I’m not always down for exploring those themes.

Tbh, something like a Fantasy High or a Crown of Candy (seasons from dimension20, College humors dnd show) would be interesting, I just don't have the experience/dedication to run it lol. Not necessarily run As a DND game though, just as the canon characters or even ocs in those worlds

also, tokyo ghoul

It was a big cult thing for a long time in comics fandom. It still is, if you look hard enough.

In my entire life I can count the number of people I've met who have read Elfquest on the fingers of one hand. (This is not counting people who I have forced to read it because I love them and want them to experience true joy.)

Couldn't help but think of Dragon's Dogma when I saw this thread title.

Prince of Persia, I loved the games when they came out, except for the last one that one was just ew.
I think an Rp about those games would be awesome.

I've long left fandom rp behind me but back in the day I would have killed a man for a Howl's Moving Castle BOOK rp. Or an rp of this obscure fantasy book called 'Beyond the Hanging Wall'.

I'm not sure if this has been done already, but I think a Bachelor or Bachelorette RP would be scintillating. It would be kinda meta too, with the staple drama queens claiming the others are fake.

I almost never do fandom RP, largely because I prefer making and interacting with entirely original characters (not to say you can't do this within a fandom RP), but also because of the things I think I'd like to RP are usually pretty niche and not well known of. I prefer RPing within media where there's a lot of room for original creation and so far the only things that really fit this for me I've found are pretty obscure.
Rock and Rule, Blood Drive, Mad Max: Fury Road (more well known but not really that popular anymore) are what immediately come to mind for me. Anyone else got something you'd love to RP but can't find a willing partner?
I would love to roleplay The 100 or something like the Saw movies.

Not Obscure, but a D&D rp would be neat
bruh... these are literally EVERYWHERE. There is actually a short convo I jumped in on yesterday (or was it the day before?) about how D&D is like so over-popular now. You shouldn't have any issues finding one. ;-)

But to add some more obscurity to the thread:
A Predator (Yautja) RP would be awesome. I actually have a decent collection of the comic book line out of Darkhorse from the 90s. (Machiko Noguchi for the win!)
I remember playing the Arcade game as a kid, and loved the first two movies. That last one from 2018 really, REALLY blew ass though. So let's all just pretend it never happened, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back