Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I’m on a cartoon nostalgia trip so I’d love to do a Scooby-Doo type of RP with a ragtag team of ghost hunters and investigators! The friendship between Shaggy and Scooby is perfect!

An Addams Family sort of RP would be nice too! I miss familial plots very much.

slime rancher. not an obscure fandom, but not one i've ever seen an rp for. i think the second one actually released today (or is releasing soon), but i've always wanted an rp with the dynamic of "young person leaving the nest and becoming a rancher to try and strike out on their own" and "old guy who's retired (from a life of crime or violence) and wanted something relatively quiet to keep them busy"

youthful ignorance and weathered cynicism

slime rancher. not an obscure fandom, but not one i've ever seen an rp for. i think the second one actually released today (or is releasing soon), but i've always wanted an rp with the dynamic of "young person leaving the nest and becoming a rancher to try and strike out on their own" and "old guy who's retired (from a life of crime or violence) and wanted something relatively quiet to keep them busy"

youthful ignorance and weathered cynicism

Do you have an interest in D&D? Cause this feels like the sort of concept that could more or less be done with relative ease if you coordinated a bit with another player in an RPG like that.

Do you have an interest in D&D? Cause this feels like the sort of concept that could more or less be done with relative ease if you coordinated a bit with another player in an RPG like that.
i play pathfinder 2e right now, but i'm not big into tabletops and only play with the group of friends i've had for six years or so.

i've never had problems finding that specific dymanic ofc, but finding anyone who writes for slime rancher of all things is impossible it feels like

i play pathfinder 2e right now, but i'm not big into tabletops and only play with the group of friends i've had for six years or so.

i've never had problems finding that specific dymanic ofc, but finding anyone who writes for slime rancher of all things is impossible it feels like

Ah, for some reason when I read your comment I missed the "slime rancher" part. Not sure how that happened, since it's literally the first thing in your post, but it did. Oops....

I think that Z nation would be really fun. It’s not that well known or good, but it’s so endearing

Definitely Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun. I fell in love with that anime after I saw it. And another would probably be Pretty Boy Detective Club. Amazing shows that sadly only have 12 episodes currently.

Some sort of RP based on the Arc of a Scythe trilogy. I've never seen anyone RP it ever and they're such good books.

I've said it before, But I'm gonna keep bringing it up every now and again until I see some change... Judge Dredd or Mad Max.

I'd LOVE to see a group RP of either of those fandoms, done only with OCs of course.

I've said it before, But I'm gonna keep bringing it up every now and again until I see some change... Judge Dredd or Mad Max.

I'd LOVE to see a group RP of either of those fandoms, done only with OCs of course.
With how popular post-apocalyptic RP's are I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more Mad Max RP's. I have seen them pop up, but that's rare.

With how popular post-apocalyptic RP's are I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more Mad Max RP's. I have seen them pop up, but that's rare.
I think saw one here once in the 1x1 section a long time ago (though it very well may have been on another site). But that's it. Never seen one pitched in the groups ever. My thoughts as to why it doesn't come up are:

1) The franchise is actually pretty old. The first one of the Mel Gibson movies came out in the late 70's and the following ones ending in the 80's. When Fury Road came out in 2015, I was SURE I was going to see some RPs based on at least the concept of hot-rodding wastelanders. But no. Methinks the fanbase is an older crowd that isn't very represented in the RP community.

2) The general vibe of Mad Max (or a Mad Max analog) is very Gearhead. Thus, requires a certain degree of enthusiasm and general knowledge of suped-up motor vehicles to truly appreciate the franchise. Thunderdome kinda got away from this. But Fury Road had a lot of references that I'm sure the average viewer was left wondering wtf they were talking about. And your average RPer is probably not a car geek.

Last edited:
I’d say Final Fantasy VI honestly has a good plot and a wide range of characters with their own stories.

I’d say Final Fantasy VI honestly has a good plot and a wide range of characters with their own stories.
On the note of Final Fantasy, I think the Crystal Chronicles premise has a lot of promise for a group. The young generation of four various races striking out into the miasma of the world to seek fuel for their magic crystals that protect their village. Totally a group RP plot

Honestly, Magic: The Gathering. I know it's a card game, but it has story, and lore! And some of the characters, are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back