• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy .◦✧ another cliche fantasy story ✧◦.

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

Not
another cliche
Fantasy
story

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

Once upon a time, in a world very different from our own, there lived a good and kind queen, Vivienne, and her many lovely subjects. Her rule was fair and her people prosperous and happy. Those who had never ventured beyond her domain often believed the world to be without many great hardships.

Of course, this was a very naive belief. Outside the white brick walls of the city Paradisia, things were not nearly so idealistic. Queen Vivienne was aware of this, of wars brewing and whispers of the return of an evil king long thought dead. For a while, she believed her realm to be safe from the spreading darkness of the world. Her army was strong and just, and her own powers far greater than she ever let on. But it was not to be.

The evil king had his ways, namely the rediscovery of a long forgotten object of near infinite power, the Heart of Sabelina. Named after the beloved Goddess of the world, it is said to be as mesmerizingly beautiful as it is deadly. Tiny fragments of it were known to belong to great rulers throughout the ages, Queen Vivienne being the keeper of one of these priceless shards. As such, she knew all too well the power of the Heart of Sabelina. The king had to be stopped, and there was no cost too high to do so.

Reluctantly, she gathered both individuals chosen by Paradisia's most trusted seer as well as those simply willing to join her quest in the Castle Paradisia ballroom. A celebration of their bravery was to be held as a farewell of sorts, for with a heavy heart Queen Vivienne knew that lives would be lost. It was a terribly dangerous and arduous journey that would take them through unpopulated and mysterious lands, all fraught with unknown dangers. She wished she could've joined them or sent her trusted army as an accompaniment, but a queen could not leave her castle and people undefended.

And so, with her blessing, the ragtag group of would-be heroes was sent off into the sunset. If they succeeded, they would recover the Heart of Sabelina and bring it to the Queen, who would be capable of either destroying it or hiding and protecting it from the temptations of the wicked.

If not, their world was sure to be over.

~~~

So yeah, it's a cliche-on-purpose fantasy story... or at least it will be in the beginning. I honestly felt nostalgic for these kind of rps, they aren't as common now as when I was a kid (gahh I sound so old even tho I'm still a teen, rip) and I have a lot of good memories of learning to rp in these settings.

Now, will there be twists on some of the cliches? Yes, I have a few in mind already. It will get darker than a classic fantasy setting at times, but not too dark...

RULES:

This will be a multi-para rp, meaning 1 solid paragraph is the bare minimum and 2+ much preferred. I understand that post length can vary based on how much there is to react to and I'm not going to yell at people for the occasional single paragraph, but absolutely no one-liners, thanks.

Most of the characters will be humans. Magic powers are cool and to be expected here for many characters. Their strength and flashiness level tends to vary, but no one aside from Queen Vivienne, the evil king or a few (npc) big bads should be capable of going around levelling buildings.

Non-human characters are possible, but rare in this setting. If you want to create one please PM me first and tell me about what they are, what their species can do etc. so I can ensure they're a good fit with the story's plot. They should still look reasonably human-like however, nothing too dramatically odd.

Should go without saying but the usual rules still apply... no godmodding, killing or seriously injuring (anything more than a bruise or scratch) other people's characters unless both players have agreed on it, creating super op or ridiculous characters, and/or just generally being an annoying drama llama.

Characters do not have to be nice people with the purest of intentions by any means, but no insane, purely evil or murderous individuals, please and thank you. I've seen too many rps die from those type, so I'm going to have to ban them here.

You may make two characters to start off, one main and one side that you're welcome to kill off for dramatic potential if you so desire. As we'll be going through many interesting destinations, there will be chances to 'pick up' new travellers, as well as have old ones leave, so it'll totally be possible to switch characters or join the group later on.

If you want to leave the group, that's okay. Real life happens, I get it. Just please please PLEASE let me know or write yourself out first. If you don't, I'll have to either say your character left, or if that isn't possible in the current scene, maybe even kill them off. If you know you'll be away for a while, tell me, we can safely send your character away for a while until you're ready to return.

Codes are fully optional, but if you choose to use one, it MUST be mobile friendly!

I'm not fussy when it comes to character images in a fantasy setting, realistic or drawn are both find so long as they aren't super low quality (think like stick figures or MSPaint 'masterpieces' lol). Adding a written description is still encouraged however, as it can tell a lot of things a picture can't.

If you have any questions, want to share ideas or just chat about lore and the rp in general or want to run your character/idea past me to make sure it's accepted before you post it, send a PM. I'd be happy to talk to you!

If this catches your interest, please let me know!

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
Took me awhile to realize that the post doesn't use any button BBCode and I just need to scroll down the text XD
But anyway, this looks interesting.

Might be interested if I'm not busy with other RPs.
I don't think there ever really stopped being cliche fantasy RPs, I just think those cliches changed like fantasy media has since then.

Consider me interested. Its always great to start off simple and introduce twists on the way and the darkness only makes things better muhahahha I have a need for a good old fantasy adventure!

Of course I'm interested Spookie <3 One of my first ever rps I was apart of WAY back in the day was similar to this and I love it.

oh there are definitely still cliche fantasy stories around, even this type, just not any open when i actually have free time lol rip.

but welcome everyone, it's awesome to get some interest! i look forward to seeing what you can all bring to this tale.

Heck yeah, I dig this. I'm interested!! The best thing about cliche, basic, rps, is there's so much freedom in them. So many things can affect each other. I can't wait to see what you have in store!

Last edited:
Took me awhile to realize that the post doesn't use any button BBCode and I just need to scroll down the text XD
But anyway, this looks interesting.
I'd definitely be interested in joining this roleplay.
Might be interested if I'm not busy with other RPs.
I don't think there ever really stopped being cliche fantasy RPs, I just think those cliches changed like fantasy media has since then.
Consider me interested. Its always great to start off simple and introduce twists on the way and the darkness only makes things better muhahahha I have a need for a good old fantasy adventure!
i’d be interested!
-waves- Interested~
Of course I'm interested Spookie <3 One of my first ever rps I was apart of WAY back in the day was similar to this and I love it.
🙌 Interested
Heck yeah, I dig this. I'm interested!! The best thing about cliche, basic, rps, is there's so much freedom in them. So many things can affect each other. I can't wait to see what you have in store!
Looks interesting, but no guarantee I'll join.
I'm definitely interested
Interested too see where you'll go with this!

alright, everyone who's shown a bit of interest has been quoted... phew.

the interest check has been updated with the rules and some new details, so i'd suggest re-reading it to make sure it still fits what you're looking for.

other than that, i will start working on all the fun stuff tonight. character sheets, lore, setting up locations... it's a good thing i have plenty of energy drinks on hand.

now, i am planning to have two ooc locations, a main one on discord and one in pms for anyone who doesn't use discord. both will be kept up to date with each other.

i think that's it...

alright, everyone who's shown a bit of interest has been quoted... phew.

the interest check has been updated with the rules and some new details, so i'd suggest re-reading it to make sure it still fits what you're looking for.

other than that, i will start working on all the fun stuff tonight. character sheets, lore, setting up locations... it's a good thing i have plenty of energy drinks on hand.

now, i am planning to have two ooc locations, a main one on discord and one in pms for anyone who doesn't use discord. both will be kept up to date with each other.

i think that's it...
This is definitely up my alley! ^^ About the codes, is it possible to compensate for a non mobile-friendly one by adding a plaintext spoiler?

Absolutely this sounds like something that is of interest to me. I use discord a lot, so that's a perfect place to handle all the ooc chatter. Are you going to post the link for the discord here?

This is definitely up my alley! ^^ About the codes, is it possible to compensate for a non mobile-friendly one by adding a plaintext spoiler?

that sounds fair, in fact anyone using a super fancy code with buttons, multiscrolls and that kind of thing will be encouraged to add a plaintext version even if it is mobile friendly as some users don't like reading those kinds of codes.

Absolutely this sounds like something that is of interest to me. I use discord a lot, so that's a perfect place to handle all the ooc chatter. Are you going to post the link for the discord here?

cool, glad you like! the discord link will be sent to everyone via a group pm so random people don't just join lol. i should have it up in a day or so.

the main lore is up, go give it a read!

just please don't post in the lore thread, if you have any general questions this is the place to ask them, or by pm for more in-depth/specific inquiries. and hey, questions are great! i'll be happy to answer them as long as they're in the right place.

the main lore is up, go give it a read!

just please don't post in the lore thread, if you have any general questions this is the place to ask them, or by pm for more in-depth/specific inquiries. and hey, questions are great! i'll be happy to answer them as long as they're in the right place.
Got it thanks!
I'll read the lore and be sure to hit you up if I have any questions.

Beautifully written lore. I can't express how well written it is, it's simply a work of art. The religion sounds like something the Greek/Romans would've written. Nice job.

Beautifully written lore. I can't express how well written it is, it's simply a work of art. The religion sounds like something the Greek/Romans would've written. Nice job.

aww thank you so much! i really enjoyed writing sabelina and her lore, i wanted to have enough depth to be meaningful. not bad for someone who hasn't slept in two days at least, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back