• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Date: April 2nd, 2030
Time: 3: 37 pm

Azani had not expected there to be yet another god here, though he was just a young god, even younger than those death gods. The name of this god escaped her but she felt when she had heard of it she had found it silly as news of new, completely new gods being born got around even to those rejected by the heavens like her. Well it was a good thing he had shown up instead of the sea god outside, that guy would likely just start swinging and not ask any questions, this youngster was far more pliable and he was without regalia. Well Azani herself was without one as well, but she had Kuro who could likely give a normal god a bad case of blight instead of the almost nothing that Azani suffered, the blight she had accumulated from touching Kuro hadn't even started to show in truth and it likely would be a long time before it did. The question of who had the greater birth was in truth no longer an issue, this young god was.

The god had money that was sure, but Azani leaned more towards going with what Kuro wanted, though not for the reason she might thing. A god had to have honor, she had made a deal and she did not go back on her word. The boy was marked and his darkness taken from him, he would live a better life now and still she had to fulfill her end of their arrangement. Azani would not go back on her word, her promise, that was the one thing she had that most other gods did not have, if you called her you got what you asked if your hate was true. There was no way she could go back on her word, even if she wanted to, if she could stop two souls from suffering then she just might. humanity needed to outgrow her, but she doubted they ever would and sadly there was no one to grant the wished of a god. Still this young god was overlooking one thing, the boy's life was not over and while he was now hers, nothing ever said he could not follow other gods, just when he died he would go to hell just like his teacher. Though Kuro calling her noble did make Azani smirk she was in truth more agreeable than one might think at least if you weren't blind like the heavens.

" What i can offer you is this, a god lives or dies by their reputation. You must keep your honor when you give your word, never go back on a deal or set terms that are unfair" Azani explained which was not a lesson many gods would give these days " I have given my word that Suda Kiyomi will die her soul dragged to hell. The terms of payment have been agreed upon and the first installment collected. Thus my deal with that boy is sealed, when he dies he is mine, should he fail to give offerings then he shall join his teacher" She continued making it clear she was not backing down with this deal and it was a matter of pride as well " Still, my claims is only there upon his death and should he fail to uphold his commitments, what he does and who worships in-between is up to him " She said with a shrug " Though I must wonder, why it is you need me the black sheep of my family to teach you the pride of a god, did no one brother to instruct the newest generation or have the heavens fallen so low they can't even take care of their own children?" Azani asked hoping Kuro was enjoying the show " Even Kuro understands how to be a god better than so many young gods do" she said gesturing to her friendly phantom.

Dante Verren Dante Verren QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 3:37
Uroko + Phantom (Towako) + Ryuujin
9cdd9da805da584f5e5c93ac9126ffcd.jpg

“Is that any way to greet an old friend, Uroko?” The creature on the other side of the barrier questioned, knuckles rapping on the solid surface. “Draw a line between us?”

Uroko ignored the creature in favor of glancing back at the humans under his lord’s protection. He was glad Ryotaro took the other two students away—and with the composure befitting of any regalia no less. It allowed him to focus on the phantom in Towako’s form with little worry. Eyes returned towards the spirit he once called a friend, Uroko opened his mouth:

O creatures of the sea rise

Above the shallow waters

In the light of dawn

Come quell the enemy before you.

As the song escaped the regalia’s lips, fish spirits appeared in great numbers to attack the yellow-scarfed man who danced around them with surprising dexterity. Though, if it was Towako…
tumblr_o9xuraih1c1s0osljo1_400.png

O creatures of the sea rest

Under the cool depths of the ocean

When night falls

Sleep once more.

…he would know the counter song. Uroko sighed, rubbing his neck as his fellow fish spirits disappeared. Without a name, the phantom wouldn’t have access to boundary lines and other name-related spells, but songs belonged in an entirely different category altogether. Not to mention the abilities he might possess as a phantom. Things had become a little difficult.

“Why are you doing all this? It’s not my fault, you know.”

“…”

“Could you take it if you were me?”

“Yes.”

The white-haired phantom sneered. “Of course you could. You’re a blessed regalia. I’ve always hated, you know. Just a mere fork but the master always favored you.”

“Towako…”

“Come, Joyoki!”
As Ryuujin descended into the field, the golden trident flew into his hand. “I’ve listened to enough! It’s time I finish what I should’ve done a long time ago.”

Eyes widening, fear crossed the yellow-scarfed phantom’s face and he stepped back as Ryuujin stalked forward. He raised his arms protectively over himself. “Nononono, I did nothing wrong.”

“Where is she!? I know for a fact that you colluded with her!”

However the man-like phantom only shook his head. “I HATE YOU, RYUUJIN! HATE YOU! HATE YOU! HATE YOU!”

In response to the former Towako’s cries, the phantoms from the sky dropped down to block the sea god’s path as the newly ascended higher phantom flew off.

“Tch! Get ready, Uroko! We’re going to take them all out in one swoop!”

Yes, Milord.

Spining the trident, Joyoki, above his head, Ryuujin chanted:

“You who desecrate this Land of the Rising Sun! With my advent, I, Ryuujin, lay waste with the Joyoki and expel thy vast defilement! --- Cleanse!”

Stabbing Joyoki into ground, water burst forth from the earth, shaping into an elongated dragon as it wove through the skies, expelling any phantom it touched.

Time: 4:00 pm​

Rika Murakami (Human)

250px-SCSakuya.png

Arms folded, Rika listened intently to every word Ryotaro spoke. She found most of the things he said almost unbelievable. If she couldn’t see the things he did, she wouldn’t have believed it herself. The delinquent-looking kid she’d seen earlier in class was Ryuujin? The king of Ryūgū-jō? Wasn’t he supposed to be a dragon? And the silvered haired man was the god’s servant? Well…he kind of looked the part, at least. As for the white haired one…

She watched as Ryotaro, who had seemed so confident before, slump down to the ground. Even if his words were cheerful, even he kept to a happy face, she could see through the lies. His perceived failure had clearly worn him down.

Was he afraid of retribution from the god? Why though? He’d done nothing wrong. Kenji was safe. No one could’ve guessed the phantom would’ve reacted like that. If Ryuujin was angry over something so minor as a phantom looking human, he needed to work on anger management. What was wrong with looking human anyway? That meant it could talk right? Between a black jellyfish and a white haired guy with a yellow scarf, Rika preferred the white haired guy—appearance-wise at least.

Standing up as Ryotaro did, she frowned at his final words. “I’ll go with you.”

The soft smile on his face made her want to shake him silly, but she simply reached forward and grabbed his collar. Judo flipping him might’ve worked too. “Don’t talk like you owe me anything. I decided myself to help you. It was MY decision.”

Because his determination inspired her.

“And I don’t need rest. I’m not tired. I didn’t even DO anything.”

She just stood there looking dumb while Ryotaro did all the talking. She couldn't even draw a talisman when the jellyfish started glowing. She wouldn’t make that mistake again.

Letting go off Ryotaro’s collar, Rika stepped back, flipping her ponytail off her shoulder. “So if Ryuujin does decide to smite you, I WILL Judo flip him.”

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Time: 3: 36 pm​
Kami_X (God of Hackers)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

Fair? Which part of it was fair? The part where an uninvolved party was going to be condemned to hell without a say in the matter or the part where she took advantage of a dumb kid because they didn’t truly understand Hell entailed? It couldn’t be a fair deal if the side didn’t truly understand the afterlife of misery they were signing themselves up for. Azani sounded to him like one of those loan sharks that swindled people into signing contracts and then took away everything they because they were too blind to read the fine print. She even got a phantom to fill the boy with pride so he couldn’t feel ashamed of what he did.

Pride was nice, but guilt was how people learned. Especially kids. Yet it only took one look at the smug looking kid to tell Kami_X that he’d be dancing over the grave of...whoever he condemned to hell. Kami_X sighed. Well. It wasn’t his problem.

Not unless he’d condemned someone from the computer club to Hell. Or she killed enough people at the school that its reputation crumbled. More death at the school meant less future enrollees. Less future enrollees meant the school might shut down. The school shutting down meant that the computer club his father had loved would disband as well. That would take away a lot of his followers. He still had certain agencies and hacking experts that knew the name Kami_X so he didn’t think he’d fade…but he wasn’t the sort of god to take that sort of attack lying down.

Especially not against a place his father once deeply loved.

“Hm, I see.” Slipping the hands that had previously been clasped into his pocket, Kami_X shrugged, a smooth smile on his lips. “Thanks. I’ve learned a lot about the pride of the older gods from you.”

He found it amusing that she mocked the Heavens when she sounded just like them. The phantom as well. Play-acting nobility when behind that covered part of her face she looked ready to eat him alive. It was almost cute. The haughtiness kind of reminded him of some of Inari’s regalias whenever he visited as well. Made him want to tease them a bit.

He chuckled. “I’m not even registered in the Heavens yet so they might not even know I exist. Gotta get myself a shrine first before I can attend those anonymous colloquies~”

She made it clear that she had no intention of changing her mind, but Kami_X wasn’t terribly surprised. Old fogies didn’t like changing. Most were convinced they were right and didn’t like adapting to new ways or ideas. He thought Azani might’ve been different since she seemed to have befriended a phantom…but Izanami was ancient and her only friends were phantoms so it might not even mean anything at all. It was also clear to him that she didn’t give a wit about human lives so long as she maintained her ‘honor’.

“Maybe then my words will actually make a difference in the way Heaven is run.” Smirking, Kami_X shook his head. “Ah, but most of the guys up there have become a slave to their pride so they aren't likely to listen to anything a less experienced god says. I do hope you don’t fall prey to that as well, Azani-sama. Honor is only one of many virtues a good god should possess. Oh, and Noble One?” He called the phantom that because he still didn’t know her name. Kami_X smiled innocently. “A noble creature such as yourself surely must have heard of noblesse oblige—a must have for all those who claim a noble character. Helping out the less privileged" like himself "is an act done only by the noblest of creatures. One that would garner the highest praise~”

On one hand, sticking around to see how long the prideful phantom could keep up the façade before descending to her baser hunger and attacking him on the spot would be amusing. Wouldn't be a very 'noble' thing to do. On the other hand, he actually valued his life and wouldn’t be able to watch his anime if he were to fade away like all the other strays. Therefore he decided end it with a smooth bow. “I must now bid you girls farewell.”

His snacks and futon were waiting. He would keep an eye on the two so long as they remained in the school however. Digital technology was abundant in the school. And, if they insisted on causing mischief, then may the games begin. Divine edicts and requests for extermination could be purchased, after all. No one actually liked gods of calamities or phantoms so finding a god with a regalia willing to do the hunting shouldn't be too hard. He crawled back into bowl-cut boy’s smartphone. “I only ask that you keep in mind that children, mostly teenagers, don’t exactly mean what they say when you make your fair deals, Azani-sama. Those of us from the younger generation are looking up to the older ones like you for guidance after all~”

Karcen Karcen
Dante Verren Dante Verren

Last edited:
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Ryotaro Hirai

His smile faded when she grabbed his collar. He wore a neutral expression as he listened, not making any visible reaction. Their faces were close together, so it was easy to read the emotions she was feeling. He looked into her eyes, searching for minuscule signs that would tell him what he wanted to know. By the time she released her grip, he had already determined that her inside matched her outside, verifying that her words were true to her feelings.

It wasn't the reaction he expected. He assumed she would've left after all that, saying she didn't want to be involved with him or his business anymore. He thought something dramatic like that would happen. Honestly, he was trying to push things in that direction. It would've made this situation easier for both of them. However, it seemed like Murakami wouldn't leave as easily as the others. She even threatened to flip a god. A statement as outlandish as that sounded like something that would come out of his mouth.

In response to her determination and declaration, Ryo's cheeks puffed up with air before spilling out with his laughter. If she hadn't taken a step back, he would've been laughing right in her face. It wasn't like he was mocking her or her decision to go with him. It was just too funny. Only he should be saying strange things like that. Had he rubbed off on her more than he intended?

Ignoring his pounding head, he managed to get a few words out as he tried to breathe between his chuckles. "I think you're crazy." Repeating the words she said to him last night, the usual smirk reappeared on his face. "As long as you flip him and not me, I have no problem taking you along. Although, I recommend changing first. It's not a good idea to run around doing stuff like this in our uniforms. I'm gonna drop by the office to change, so I can give you a ride."

Straightening his tie, Ryo looked away with fake embarrassment. "Please don't do that again. I get nervous when you're so close." He also didn't want his clothes to be wrinkled when he went to speak with Ryuujin. He had to look his best if he was going to meet a god.

Joking around as if his previous exhaustion never existed, he began creating his own makeshift barrier around Kenji's house with the supplies in his bag. While working, he continued talking. "Even if you believe you weren't able to do anything back at the school, I believe otherwise. Just by being there and showing your willingness to support someone in need, you did more than anyone else could have. Compared to the girl who tried to ignore what she saw in class, I like this version of you much better. If nothing else, you can choose to believe in that."

When he felt he did as much as he could, he wiped the dust from his hands and turned back to face his new partner. He wasn't sure how long she'd stick around, but he'd try to enjoy this relationship as long as it lasted. With a grin, he spoke one last time before setting off for the office. "Thank you, Rika."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Date: April 2nd, 2020
Time: 12:30pm​
Kagemi (NPC-Regalia)

1257ef41d1d57e8f2f594718c8226aac.jpg

In the building labeled ‘Spirit Staffing Agency’, visible only to those who possessed spiritual sight, a blond girl with green eyes and scar marks along her arms could be seen typing away in one of the desks. Despite the size of the building, she seemed to be the sole occupant in the otherwise empty building. All other death gods were busy with work. Work, work, work. Day in and day out humans died. A car crash here. A murdered homeless guy there. Kagemi sighed.

Kyoto, which was once one of the most protected cities spiritually in Japan, had become a place of destroyed shrines, increasing death, and festering phantoms. Since 10 years ago, when the ‘dark ones’/’yokai’/or whatever they were being called nowadays began appearing, the numbers only increased. Increased vents. Increased storms.

What was the source? Where were they coming from? Perhaps if those questions could be answered then dealing with the problem would be much easier. Heaven didn’t seem to answering requests for more workers either which led her to wonder what exactly was going up there. Surely the gods up there didn’t intend to leave things as they are. However, there was no way to know because she could only go up to Heaven with Nana and Nana had been far to busy as of late dealing with the problems on earth.
1a103260e0ec44727b78d757342f0a11.jpg

She was only a regalia, after all. A death goddess’s regalia.

Nana’s regalia.

Stretching, Kagemi yawned. Desk work was horribly boring, but it had to be done. Every new spirit had to be properly registered, all their data entered, before they could be taught the ways of the afterlife. The ways of the regalia. These days gods only seemed to want the experienced ones. Lazy asses didn’t want to do the teaching themselves—which only left more work for her. On the bright side, business was booming. On the downside, there wasn’t nearly enough of her to go around.

“Ahhh, I want to get to the field already.” Kagemi complained, head hanging off the back of her chair. However, data entry still wasn’t done and she had a list of spirits to give a number to. “Hikarumi’s so lucky it’s her turn!”

Perhaps she should just hire that hacker god to help with the work. He didn’t seem like the type of god that would have much to do…though #4839 didn’t seem to like him very much and Nana didn’t seem to look at him favorably after that particular break up either. Kagemi’s neck was beginning to hurt.

Thanks to her head hanging though, Kagemi managed to catch an upside down view of a regalia approaching the SSA office. Not just any regalia. A Nora, judging by all the names she could see. Ai. Hagaka. Tsurugi. Fuuko. Ame…

Ame…Ame…Ame…Tsurugi…

Eyes widening, Kagemi fell off her chair. Ametaru? As in Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, the imperial regalia of Japan? Or used to be the imperial regalia of Japan. Honestly, she wasn’t entirely sure of the details regarding how the girl became a Nora, or what her current status in Heaven was, but she’d only seen the other girl once at one of Heaven’s party—hanging with all the bigwigs. She'd been too pretty to even approach. What such a girl was doing in Kyoto was a mystery to her, but Susanoo-no-Mikoto did have a shrine in the city so…Kagemi shrugged.

Perhaps the Heavens were finally giving their branch the help it deserved.

Dusting herself from the floor, Kagemi straightened her vest and returned to her seat—the very picture of a diligent office worker. It wouldn’t do to make Nana look bad.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Last edited:
Time: 3: 38 pm​

Phantom Pride

Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen ) Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Shameimaru.Aya.full.1956078.jpg

Kuro-Kyogi watched on as the two gods had their verbal battle. The clash of two opposing sides, one who saw the innocence and good of others while the other had been far too exposed to the wretched and vengeful. It was a rather interesting conflict that she was more then happy to remain a bystander in, except for a few parts. Her first interruption came when Azani commented how Kuro understood how to be a better god then the actual gods. "Excuse you, I do not just understand, I am better then them thank you very much" she said in a bit of a huff. Azani saying misleading and incorrect things like that would only give this red headed god the wrong idea about Kuro-Kyogi. He might end up thinking that he would one day have a chance to be on the same level as her, and that was inexcusable.

When the mention of her Noblesse Oblige came up, she merely frowned at the man, 'What a lowly creature you are, feigning understanding when you have no actual grasp on what you talk about. My duty has already been fulfilled. For now this poor misguided child does not have to suffer and that was thanks to me." This god was starting to get on her nerves. The more he spoke the more he started to annoy her. At this rate she was going to devour him not out of hunger but out of the sheer desire to silence him. Luckily she wouldn't have to as he retreated back into the little device the boy had. After his disappearance the phantom sighed, "What a weird one".

Turning her head to look back out at the display between the new phantom and the other god, She managed to witness the very end. The phantom flew off and a massive holy dragon appeared to give chase. The dragon even rudely obliterated quite a few of the lesser phantoms on it's pursuit as well. Biting her lip in frustration she turned to Azani. "Let us claim the teacher and leave. Things will only get more annoying the longer we remain here."

Date: April 2nd 2030
Time: 12:30pm
Ametaru (Regalia)
Interactions:Kagemi QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
8C0DDBE6-92CC-4C27-AEB0-581EDF5751A0.jpeg

“Almost there, your being very brave. Just a little longer and you will be safe I promise”
The regalia cooed to the small flake that busied itself darting around in the confines of her arms and clothing. Ametaru had managed to dodge most of the big crowds and heavy traffic all the while cradling the small spirit within its safe cushion of her hoodie the names given to her by many of her masters visible for any spirit to see and it looked like the regalia inside at the desk had in fact noticed falling out of her chair. Ame pretended not to see the incident and waited for the girl to steady herself before pushing open the door using the upper portion of her back her arms being necessary to keep the infantile speck of a spirit in her caring embrace.
“Afternoon apologies for the intrusi......”
The girl stopped her greeting short as her gaze scanned across the vast expanse of the building noticing that this one spirit was the only one present, no gods were here. They must be out in force she assumed before tossing a warm smile to the girl whose red marking established herself as Kagemi.
Ame blinked a couple of times before moving forward towards the desk gently placing the bundle her hoodie had become down on the nearest open space.

“Miss Kagemi, is this where lost spirits can be brought to, or did the location change since I last left? I found this little spirit in the shopping district earlier today and thought this would be the best place for it with how stormy it has been”
Ame began to explain the situation as the spirit when mentioned floated up from its bedding and swayed side to side in an unbalanced manner.
Mi....Mi... Ame remembered that clan name, clan names being a general tradition when gods took on more than one regalia in a given life cycle.
So she was Mistress Nana’s regalia. The last she had seen of the Shinigami was awhile back during the war.

“Is Nana out?, I know it has been especially bad here lately...you all must be very busy”
Every word she spoke sounded calm and yet warming as if speaking to ones family as her own eyes cast around once again to see if indeed Kagemi was the only one present in the office.
While speaking the girl retrieved her jacket and replaced on her small frame the once showing names being covered by the white fabric as she zipped it up.

“I am sorry again, I don’t mean for you to be seen with me, it’s just this one needs help”
Ame knee the trouble it could cause if others saw this regalia interacting with a stray the ever present stigma led most conversations hostile and fighting apparent but if she was Nana’s regalia it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
Her god was one that understood like Kamatsu the necessity of a Nora. While many gods still would look down on the use of a stray others did in fact at least get the point of why Ame took on so many names and it had become necessary ever more during the war, her mind flashing back to scenes of phantoms outbursting from humans and clambering across the cities and districts like waves of death feeding on all the negativity present.
Gods wielding her at various points often mid fight her form shifting and gliding into the hands of another. Her purpose simple. In order to not corrupt or lose their own regalia, some spirits couldn’t stand the thought of what they would have to do and that lack of resolve could get them killed, and their gods as well. The screams that Ame had heard as she felled phantom, human, and corrupted regalia alike..

The young woman shook the scene of those dark days from her mind and rested her aquamarine eyes upon the assistant once more again offering that warm smile.
Then an idea occurred to her...
“The SSA wouldn’t need help would they?”
She asked nonchalantly. The prospect of the Nora assisting the agency could provide vital information to certain people’s whereabouts and of course about what was happening to the city.
With this thought came another inquiry and yet another reasons for her to have brought this spirit here for sanctuary.

“ Also I was wondering if you had any information on a certain regalia...his name is Inbu”
The females sullen expression creeping over her features expecting the worst answer of the girl could help her at all. Not all regalia were placed in her database but if Inbu was alive maybe she could find out more about what happened to Ude.

Time: 3: 38 pm
How little they taught young gods, to not realize what the honor of a god was, for it was not the honor between gods but between humans and gods. If a god always remined silent, if it never aided it's followers they would lose heart. A god that gave their word and made a promise had to fulfill the request or else their followers would leave them and the gods of earth would vanish. This was a rule all gods had to learn or else they would vanish, and for Azani it was a lesson from her mother one of the few that needed no worshipers. The ways of the gods were not the ways of humans and you did not interrupt what one did, nor did you judge who made a wish you granted it if you said you would. This young god had learned so little and would one day fade when smarter gods of technology came forth as that was a matter of time. When gods who knew the rules came forth and stole away an earthly gods followers there were no tears shed by any other god for the lost fool had brought it upon themselves.

What the young god should have asked was to change the timing of her kill to something that would not affect his domain, though if he insisted of ruling over this little slice of land other gods would get annoyed as he took what was theirs. A god had to know their place and know not to step on to many toes. Azani got away with this only by the skin of her teeth and by driving fear into the hearts of others gods with truly honor less tactics. Despite what the little god had said to her Azani felt she should help this youngster and she knew what he would need. If Ame were her she could be his guidepost, something she had never had nor needed, something most gods had. Regalia that knew the rules and helped guide a god, only one person had ever guided Azani and it was no spirit, he needed one and ame needed a home. It was funny to care about such things, she was Azani, she was darkness, she was calamity, and yet she wanted to help what was her sister's and knew should her sister ever end up in trouble she would rush to her aid. That was a gesture she knew would not be returned, as had been proven a few times before.

" No " Azani said mostly to Kuro " I don't feel liek killing her, I said I would and I will but I never said when exactly " she continued not sparing the teacher just giving her a stay of execution " I want to visit those little death gods, I need something from them" She continued before looking to the phone " Oh and when I get back I expect 200,00 yen"

Dante Verren Dante Verren QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 12:35pm​

Kagemi (Regalia) + Number 4389 (Nameless Spirit)

“Of course we’ll help it!” Standing from her desk, Kagemi waved the pair to follow her. “C’mon. I’ll show you guys to the Spirit Room”

She lead both Ame and floating flake to a vault door in an otherwise normal-looking conference room. “These days things have gotten so bad we have to take extra precaution to make sure none of the spirits become blemished.”

Punching some numbers on the keypad, Kagemi removed her glove and placed her hand on a hand-print scanner while mumbling what appeared to be some sort of chant. Unlocking sounds could be heard. She then turned the knob and pushed the vault door open to reveal a spacious interior where hundreds of fluff like spirits could be seen floating about. “This is where we keep the formless ones until they get named by a god. There’s a residential area further in where registered nameless spirits and ghosts that still have their human forms can find temporary shelter and comfort should they so desire it.” Though ghosts didn’t really need to eat. “All the rooms are regularly purified and spelled to keep phantoms out. The sanctity of souls is very important to us.”

Kagemi emphasized the last part to ensure the other girl knew SSA’s Kyoto branch took its job very seriously. SSA was still a business, after all. They couldn’t have Nora go and tell the gods in Heaven that they dealt in corrupted, damaged spirits--granted there were a couple in there that to have eyeballs forcibly carved out. Ablution was only available to regalias, after all, and naming a phantom only invited blight.

Tilting her head, Kagemi pondered Ametaru…or whatever she wanted to be called nowadays…thoughtfully. She found it strange that someone who used to be an Imperial Regalia would speak to her so respectfully. Arrogance was a source of strength for regalias, after all. The inherent belief in their superiority compared to another was what powered the invocations they used. Their name—and the status of their god—a source of their pride. And yet Nora hid hers like they were source of shame and even apologized for being seen with it.

It was disrespectful to the gods that named her. Surely an old regalia like Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi would know that.

Not like name-related spells worked on Noras anyway. Personally, Kagemi didn’t care one way or another about Noras. She’d seen all kinds of spirits in her line of work—Noras included. Most of them didn’t even want to become Noras. It was a god’s choice to release a name and, in some cases, the god wasn’t even around to do so—having faded out of existence before they could free their regalia. Or they refused to do so out of spite. Nana helped those spirits as well…though finding jobs for them was a little bit harder. “The spirit can stay in there for time being, but we can’t register it as an SSA spirit until Nana comes back.”

Only Nana could see the spirit’s true nature as well as the circumstances that led to its death without actually naming it. It was an ability of hers. An ability of all death gods, The Shinigami, born to guide dead souls.

Sticking her head through the vault door, Kagemi called. “Number 4389! Can you come show this fellow around?”

dc259d07a536e7221fce016a80f262ca.jpg
At the sound of her number, a small girl that looked to be somewhere from 10 to 13 years old appeared in front of the two regalias. “What another one? Didn’t we get a new guy just yesterday?”

“Can’t be helped. Between all the phantoms running around and calamity gods bringing death everywhere they go, we just can’t catch a break.”
Not that humans weren’t the cause of their own deaths. Kagemi rolled her eyes. “Hikarumi told me His Highness, the Dragon Lord of the Sea, is here too.”

“Ohhh."
Number 4389 clapped her hands together. " Well, so long as no one makes him angry, we’re good~” She leaned forward, studying the small flake critically before smiling brightly and coaxing the spirit into her purse. “Let’s get going then. I’ll introduce you to everyone!”

The girl in the dark dress was about to leave when Kagemi added. “By the way, 4389, have you heard of a regalia called Inbu?”

“Hmm,”
Number 4389 brought a finger to her chin in thought. “The one that works with that poet god?”

“Maybe?”

Number 4389 shrugged. “Dunno. I heard that a lot of regalias died in all the fighting ten years ago, but I didn’t see much of it. There’s not much us nameless ones can do, but hide in here and protect ourselves from all the contamination...so that's pretty much all we did~”

“Can you ask the others?”

“Sure!”
Twirling around, the young-looking girl skipped away, back into the depths of the ‘Spirit Room’, her purse bouncing as she did so.

Kagemi closed the vault door, locking it, before glancing apologetically at Nora. “That’s all I can offer you about Inbu, I’m afraid. Never met him or her myself, but I wish you the best of luck in finding them.”

She then led the white haired regalia to a lounge-like area for visitors. “Nana will probably be back in an our or two; Depends on how long it takes to negotiate with a god really.” And all gods were different—spirits as well. Nana didn’t just find spirits jobs. She worked towards finding spirits proper homes as well. Proper places to make the best use of their talents. Despite her sometimes icy demeanor, jaded due to the deaths she had witnessed, Kagemi had never met a goddess who cared about souls more. “Want some tea while we wait? Coffee? Personally, I think we could use all the help we can get, but I’m not in charge so I can’t negotiate your pay, Miss…which name would you prefer to be called?”

It was rude for regalias to be called by their old names—like prying into their dark pasts—but in the case of Nora, Kagemi hadn’t a clue which was the white-haired girl’s most recent name. Or even which name she valued more. Ametaru and Tsurugi were her most famous names, but fame did not necessarily equate to value and even those with multiple masters probably had one they favored.

Last edited:
Time:1230-1245
Interactions: Kagemi/#4389 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Ametaru (Regalia)
E957ADC9-DEF2-41D4-850E-E56DE6D80389.jpeg

The Nora did as directed as Kagemi led her through the building toward a rather sophisticated door and locking mechanism that seemed to incorporate both technology and incantations.
As the younger regalia spoke of how bad it had been getting outside lately Ame only nodded in response her eyes taking the view as the door opened before the pair she saw just how many spirits needed a god...

“That’s why I have returned, the storms are getting too strong and many. I am searching for the source....”
While most would dismiss the storms and vents as simply the lack of faith and emotional turmoil of the populace but Ame could tell, something was different about the state Kyoto was in. Something must be happening behind the scenes or in front of her eyes without her noticing.
“But it is nothing for you to worry about Miss Kagemi”

Her white hair swirling as she turned catching the regalia looking over her again to which she raised a brow but dismissed as yet a another spirit approached as she called. This girl was even younger and simply assisted the pair with the spirit and the exchange between the two was not the answer Ame had hoped for, the one she expected though.
“Thank you for your help, both of you it’s been awhile since I have needed the SSA for anything”
Ame’s mind was trying to wander but she forced herself to stay in the here and now as she was next escorted to what seemed to be a waiting room of sorts.
“Nana does seem very busy, so I don’t mind waiting”
The girl took a seat as Kagemi asked if she needed a refreshment and wanted to know what she would like to be known as to which the Nora giggled slightly.
“I’m sorry, I realized I had not really introduced myself. Anything you want to call me is fine but Nora or Ame is usually what I am known as when not with one of my Kami”
Stray or simply Rain when translated to English.
Neither a proper name Ame being more a nickname. She didn’t mind though, as she crossed a leg over the other and smiled again she could tell the regalia was put off by her demeanor.
“I am sure by now you are wondering how I haven’t stung one of my gods...You seem curious is merely my observation Miss Kagemi.
Don’t mistake my covering my names as shame, I didn’t do it for my sake or out of embarrassment. If another Kami saw me in this establishment bearing many names they might get the wrong idea about Nana. That is something I won’t allow.
You see my strength comes from another place than most regalia, and it has never failed me or the Kami I have called master.”

Her eyes steeled the mask of happiness dropping as a cold lifeless blank face took over like a blanket being lifted from her.
This was the Ame most gods knew, the weapon.
“It’s because I believe I am not doing wrong, simple as that. Everything I do is to protect those I serve, and that resolve keeps them from being blighted, and yes some coffee would be nice”
She finished sighing as her smile returned and her kind features reappeared as quickly as they had faded.
The girl was young yet and it took many centuries for the Nora to manage her emotions and mental state to not effect the ones that wielded her. In fact that was exactly how she mastered the use of borderlines even in unconventional means, while she could utilize the other regalia name based skills, and even a few she had learned over the years, her borderlines were her strongest tool even able to destroy phantoms on her own, though there was still debate whether they really died or simply went back to Yomi.
“But I am just rambling at this point, sorry my first night here was a little...weird. I am not meaning to burden you with my issues, but I am glad Nana has such a respectful, and hard working regalia. She is proud of you”
Ame’s eyes glanced off away from Kagemi signifying that the girl could make her exit if she wished. Ame shifted her legs into the seat as she more or less cradled herself her gaze still off set to the window as she finally let her mind drift amongst memories.
Ude....Inbu...where had you both gone, even Susanoo had not appeared though he was likely in a deep slumber to regain his strength which often took some time.
Susanoo the first god to name her, and after the shortest of time abandoned her.
-Japan 1374 years ago-
“Stay away from me!”
The words came sharply like a dagger being thrust into the girls chest. As she staggered back the dirt kicking up dust as she fell to the ground her hand outstretched and tears filling her eyes as the god turned and walked away from her. Her other hand clenching against the earth as his next words hurt her more
“Master what did I do wrong?!, please I will fix it!! Please Susanoo I can be better just tell me what I have to do?!!!”
“I just can’t, your not my Ame....I can’t stand the sight of you! Not when you....”
Suddenly a flash of light appeared between them and before the pair stood Amaterasu.
She looked between them and then glared at the god of storms and hero of man,
“Leave or I will destroy you, come with me”
The girls tears dampening the ground as the goddess before her began the chant and her god the only one she cared for walked away amongst the countryside.
"You, with nowhere to go and nowhere to return… I grant you a place to belong. My name is Amaterasu. Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name, I make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a Regalia. Thou art Tsurugi. As regalia,Tsuruki. Come Tsuruki"

The newly made Nora cries out as she absolved into a flash of white and was next floating above the goddess who returned to her human form immediately as she fell feeling so weak she could hardly stand. The goddess catching her before speaking.
“Do not hold this pain in your heart, it will only hurt us all...it will ebb my child. Be strong for your Kami...for all of them”
SSA Office, Kyoto City
Ame snapped for the memory with a jolt as she groaned against the scene of the street outside and the stormy sky. It was a day like this that she had been left, and consequently named a Nora. Why he had not just unnamed her there she had no idea, but his reason must have been a good one. Not that she held a grudge any longer though when young she had blighted Amaterasu a few times in trying to understand everything that had happened.
The Nora simply sighed letting the thoughts exit her as she did so before turning to who she was sure would be Kagemi returning with a drink.
The girls face would be troubled but hidden well, why had she thought of that after so long? Maybe being here again...and realizing she was not unlike the many spirits in the rooms of the building...she was lost.

Time: 3: 39 pm​
Phantom (Pride)
interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen )
wallpaper-2133003.jpg

"No?" Kuro-Kyogi questioned in a surprised tone "What do you mean no?" she continued. The fact that Azani was actually putting this off to go and do something else was absolutely shocking to the phantom. "What could the death gods possibly have that's more important than finishing your work?' Had Kuro misjudged this goddess, was she not the noble dark creature that Kuro had begun to believe... or maybe it was something else? Perhaps there was some form of communication between the two that Kuro-Kyogi had missed. Was Azani finally going to show her true colors by going to the death gods for help to try and kill the majestic phantom that was Kuro-Kyogi. Well Kuro-Kyogi would not go with out a fight. The backstabbing goddess could go and gather the whole of Tengoku and the proud phantom would cut them all down! At least that was how it would play out in her head.

"Fine! Then you will be going to speak to these death gods on your own! Find me when you are done if you so wish." with a bit of a hmmph, the phantom quickly flapped her wings and took flight shooting out the window and into the sky. Her destination wasn't clear at first, but after a few minutes of aimless flight she decided on the perfect spot for their final showdown. The hotel where they had supposedly stayed as allies, yes a perfect place to put this tale to an end.

After managing to find the hotel they had stayed in before she needed a way in to the hotel room. The gentlemen at the front desk couldn't see her so taking the spare key was actually quite an easy task. Once she got in the room she would take a seat on one of the large beds. Flexing her wings she reached back and plucked a feather free from each wing. Holding them in the palms of her hands, she ran her fingers across the smooth surfaces. Blinking once, the soft almost fabric feel of the feathers changed, hardening to feel like iron, and the edges becoming razor sharp. Now it was just a waiting game.

Yuya Sumiko (Spiritual Human)

Interactions: Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Director of Europe.jpg

Sumiko side as she leaned back in her desk chair at home. Her phone sat on her desk and next to it was the business card that Kami_X had given her. The girl or Spirit was more appropriate to say had told her a lot yesterday, but then she suddenly up and left in a hurry. According to the spirit the world of gods existed, and for some reason or the other Sumiko could see into that world. A world of gods, spirits, and monsters that fed off of humans and spirits. In turn it was the gods who were supposed to kill the monsters, yet there were so many of them. That must have meant that the small free weren't worth the gods time or that they just didn't care about humanity anymore. Well if they didn't care about humans anymore Sumiko wouldn't really blame them. After all that stuff that happened with the atheist movement, the gods had ever right to give up on the thankless humans.

The curious mind of Sumiko still had a whirlwind of questions and before the thought even reached her mind the phone was already in her hand. "Lets see he said either call his name or text a prayer to this number... well even if I am alone calling his name is kind of embarrassing. What kind of prayer should I text?" she asked herself. She would spend the next 20 minutes typing, deleting, then retyping the so called prayer before finally coming up with one that might work. Taking a deep breath she hit the send button. Now all she could do was hope that he had gotten the message and would answer her prayer.

O God of Hacking and Lord of information Acquirement, please hear my prayer.
The world I thought was my own madness was actually a whole different one.
A world of which a mere humanlike I can interact with even though I shouldn't be able too.
I have so many questions but so few answers.
Please be a benevolent god and answer my prayer.
Your humble believer.
Yuya Sumiko

Time: 4:00pm​
Shorn, God of Despair & Disdain
Interactions: Open [No Mentions]

It was a rush, a kind of endless haze, one that felt as though it would physically smack him upside the head if his focus drifted for even a moment. Shorn wasn't used to this, he thought his return trip to Kyoto would be a breeze, but this... it was unaccounted for. It made his head swim in circles as he tried to recall his planned route, Make a left at... a right near the... Continue straight until... He felt himself jolt abruptly from thought as someone nearly bumped him off his feet. Shorn, Commission by Defaultz [Cut Down].pngAs Shorn stumbled, he nearly knocked over a few others while regaining his balance, and each of them gave him a look displeasure. Real swell job me, piss off the locals before you even get an opportunity to establish yourself. Keep it up, you'll be #1 asshole with a target on your back before you know it! Ain't like I can hide real well amongst a crowd... Shorn placed a hand against his forehead and let out a groan of discomfort, I need to find a place to just sit down, and clear my head. This place is cancerous, I can't believe the difference in comparison to back home. Just what kind of place is this?!

Despite Shorn's concentration, it took a good deal of effort to find a nice place to sit. It wasn't a quiet place, but it would do the job good enough. His head felt like it was being churned through a blender, a matter of peace & quiet didn't need to come now, it could wait. First thing is first, remember the step by step process... He sat down, took the effort of will required to concentrate on his goal, and began a series of deep breaths. Each followed by the next, Shorn found himself entering a rather pitiful state of relaxation, and concentration, but it would be good enough to tie him over. As seconds passed, minutes there followed, and people began to notice Shorn as his presence of mind reinstated itself. Though, most looks were those of confusion as a random person sitting on a bench breathing deeply with their eyes closed just seemed rather peculiar, if not, downright concerning.

As the steps were followed, Shorn's headache began to subside, and the temptation of the negative emotions lingering were soon behind a mental door under a flimsy lock and key. Opening his eyes finally, Shorn found a few local officers looking at him with their own form of confusion. "Ah, afternoon officers," He rubbed at the back of his head, "Wonderful day we're having... isn't it?" He felt like a joke, what kind of person actually says that in a situation like this. You really need to work on your people skills Shorn, otherwise, you're going to dig holes deeper than you can handle.

If it was luck, Shorn couldn't really tell, the humiliation of the situation may have blinded the fact that he was lucky to get off with a warning. How does a God manage to find himself almost in trouble with the mortal authorities, what a joke. He watched as the officers left, "I guess this Kyoto place really is the best." Shorn practically spit the words out in a murmur. After all that happened, Shorn realized that it was already a half-hour past the originally scheduled meeting time that he came to Kyoto for in the first place.

It was a single job given to him by Yoiaka, an active regalia working at the health-resort underneath Ayame, The Goddess of Vitality. Shorn wasn't necessarily keen on being an errand-boy, but it was the fact that Yoiaka wanted the message to remain under the radar. It seemed important, and Shorn was willing to assist wherever he could when it came to the resorts, and their outright success. It was one of the least things he could do to repay their hospitality.

Yet, at this point, thinking back over the job, Shorn was pretty sure Yoiaka just wanted him out of the resort whilst the Ayame wasn't present. It was a matter of reducing risks, and ensuring functionality. That prick! He's just sending me on a wild goose chase! Shorn slumped back, and let out several complaints underneath his breath. "So help me when I get back, I'll give him a piece of my mind!" He raised his fist upward, "I swear it!" Honestly, having slumped down and raising his hand, like he had, he looked even more ridiculous than he did when meditating earlier before the authorities showed up. As if history were repeating itself, already... it hadn't even been five minutes, he began to draw attention to himself with his random outburst with no real thought to his warning from the authorities.

Last edited:
Time: 3: 39 pm​

In response to Azani’s demand for compensation, the phone in her sleeping follower’s back pocket came to life with a message. However, rather than being addressed to the nerdy-looking boy with a proud smile in his sleep, it seemed to be addressed to the goddess he’d summoned.

Azani
them
???
them
Sorry Azani-sama, but I only make offerings to those that honor my requests~ I do appreciate your gesture though, so allow me to give you a bit of friendly advice: Those that strive to save souls and those that condemn souls to punishment fulfill opposing wishes. Enter their den at your own peril. Also I hope your feathered friend isn’t too upset. She seems pretty dutiful for a phantom.

Karcen Karcen

Kami_X (God of Hackers)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

Wrapped in the comfort of his bedsheets with a laptop in front of him, Kami_X reached one hand into a bag of honey-flavored chips while his other hand typed away as he dug up information on the boy that had managed to call Azani. Student records. Text messages. Facebook posts. Tweets. Gossips on the school forum. That was how he found the name of Suda Kiyomi who was the most likely target of the boy’s grudge. Helped that both Azani and the phantom confirmed their target to be a teacher. Chuckling at the memory of the calamity goddess and her helper phantom, he couldn’t help but find the pair amusing despite the trouble they could potentially bring. The winged phantom especially. It was his first time speaking to one of the new phantoms that had all the local gods and spirits panicking, but he was surprised the haughty creature felt a sense of duty to end the boy’s suffering and seemed rather proud of that fact. Misguided though her pride may be, it was more than he’d expected of a creature that gathered around and fed on negative emotions. She’d gotten all huffy when he implied that she could be doing more as well.

While draining the negative emotions of the killer did lower the amount of phantoms that would be drawn to the boy, she underestimated the spread of gloom that came with death. Or perhaps, she knew but didn’t care. She was a phantom, after all. In funerals, in hospitals, more negative emotions, more suffering, came from those who lost from the death than gained. If the phantom truly wanted to lessen the gloom brought from the death Azani brings, the ones she should target were those with a close connection to the deceased. It was deep love that brought about deep hatred, after all. Loss of a loved one that brought the greatest grief.

Humans these days were more connected than ever. Kami_X should know. His birthplace was a large reason for this. It wasn’t like back in the old days where Japan isolated itself from the rest of the world and people mourned death in the privacy of their homes. Nowadays people had, like, 100 facebook ‘friends’ that the strove to impress. They shared their gloom just as easily as they spread discontent. Cyberbullying. News of destruction and death. AFAH ideals. The internet was a hubbub for negative emotions that could easily spread like a virus to destroy the whole computer if it wasn’t nipped at the bud. Kami_X had tried to warn the Heavens when he first heard of human discontent towards religion and the gods. He told them it might spiral out of control if they weren’t careful. They’d laughed at his face then. He wasn’t even sure if his message got delivered to the higher ups in Heaven. Much the same way Azani mocked him for a being a younger god who didn’t know any better, they’d laughed at the thought that the ant-like humans could ever become a threat. He was so used to dealing with those sorts of gods that he no longer really got annoyed it. There was really no point. His 40 years of experience couldn’t ever beat out the length of time the lived. He didn’t have their status or their power. Azani claimed that a prideful phantom was more god-like than the younger gods these days, but in his mind ‘honor’ was just another word for stubborn and the ‘pride of the gods’ she talked about only sounded like an excuse not to change.

Not that Kami_X really had a right to lecture anyone on that regard. There was a time when he did anything others that called his name asked for as well—whatever he had to so the name his father left behind wouldn’t be forgotten. He attacked human business for human business, broke into some of the most secure cyber securities, stole information, drove many human companies to collapse from behind the scenes, revealed dirty secrets, blackmailed, caused human unemployment and even suicides…all without a care to the gloom he’d been spreading around. He couldn’t even say he’d done it for something good like ‘honoring his promises’ or ‘building a good reputation’. He’d done it for the sheer thrill of it. Because successfully cracking a code and breaking down the most challenging firewalls gave him a nice high. Because it was his nature. Building a reputation was just a nice bonus.

He would continue until he one day found himself attacking the wrong business—one protected by Inari Ōkami—and got a nice little slap in the wrist for it. Kami_X been working with her as a sub-contractor god, assisting her businesses with cybersecurity in return for carving out a small niche of believers there ever since. It was Kami_X’s first introduction to other gods—a standard to which he hoped to one day achieve. With 32,000 branch shrines all over Japan, she didn’t even do much of the grunt work regarding requests. She got regalias and other sub-contractor gods like himself to do the work for her while she handled the important deals and received all the praise for it. It was her that showed him gods—when they climbed high enough— had choices, beyond what they were born to do, and that the requests they chose to answer dictated the god that they would become—that gods could become the very models for which humans to model themselves after.

That they weren’t slaves to humanity, but, through effort, could become beings to be loved and revered as wise leaders.

It was a very idealistic notion. Kami_X still hadn’t yet decided the sort of god he wished to become, but she’d changed his perspective somewhat. He still gave into his nature sometimes. He didn’t have nearly enough followers or regalias to reach such lofty goals…and he sometimes wondered if he ever would. He couldn’t deny that watching the god of justice and his regalia fight yesterday made him a little jealous. Perhaps if he had a regalia of his own his situation with the goddess of calamity would be much easier.

However, the closest thing to a divine beast he currently possessed was currently nudging his foot as it demanded more food. Kami_X sighed, reaching for another can of cat food to refill the bowl. “What do think? Want to be my regalia after you die?”

The stray cat he’d taken in the day before only tilted its head and meowed loudly. Kami_X chuckled. For now he’d do what he could to minimize any damage. Warn his followers to keep away from Azani—to not call her name despite the rumors they might hear. Kami_X might not know much about a ‘god’s pride’, but he knew about humans. And schools. They were a feeding ground for rumors. A young boy innocently proud of his accomplishments wouldn’t be able help bragging a little. Perhaps even start a little ‘Azani cult club’ so others would be able to share his happiness/pride. Thus her name would spread and other dumb teenagers like the nerdy boy would join.

How did Kami_X know? Well, he’d done the exact same thing.

“I wonder what she’d do if some idiot followers of her named another god as a target for their grudge,” Kami_X muttered aloud. “Or better yet, they named herself. I heard seppuku was considered honorable back in the old days.”

Snickering at his own joke…which really wasn’t that funny...Kami_X wondered if Azani-sama would listen to the advice of a 40-year-old god or if whatever she needed from the 'little death gods' was so important to her. He didn't care either way. Nor did he really know what sort of relationship she had with the death gods of SSA. A goddess who had been living as long as she had probably had her own way of surviving. So long as she didn't interfere with his way of life, or the people he cared about, he was content to leave her be. Kami_X had been pouring cat food into an empty bowl for his waiting future (maybe) regalia when his phone alerted him of a text message. Idly checking it, Kami_X blinked in surprise when he saw who it was from. Half of him had already figured she’d might’ve forgotten. Or that Kokoro-chan gave her all the answers she could ever want. Grinning from ear to ear, he responded to Sumiko-chan’s text.

Kami_X
them
O God of Hacking and Lord of information Acquirement, please hear my prayer. The world I thought was my own madness was actually a whole different one. A world of which a mere humanlike I can interact with even though I shouldn't be able too. I have so many questions but so few answers. Please be a benevolent god and answer my prayer. Your humble believer. Yuya Sumiko
me
Well said! <3 What do you need to know?

(mentioned: Karcen Karcen Life. Life. Phayne Phayne )

Last edited:
Time: 4:05 pm​

Interaction: Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Director of Europe.jpg

Not even a minute passed before her phone buzzed to life, causing Sumiko to jump back in surprise. Why had her own phone vibrating startle her? Well she definitely wasn't expecting the god of hackers to respond and even if he did respond she wasn't expecting it to be right as she had put her phone down. Quickly unlocking the phone she looked to see the time stamp on the message and it had been less then a minute before he responded to her text prayer. He either worked really fast or literally had nothing else to do. Wait!? Did he really add a heart in too his response? Would an all powerful god actually do that? Well it was the modern age so it wasn't the strangest possibility. Sighing lightly she began to try and figure out what she should ask.

Finally after about five minutes of struggling to figure out what to ask her fingers began to move. Clicking each button with precise determination she could feel her curiosity growing by the second. This was a whole new world she had been introduced to and she wanted to know more. How else could she protect herself if she didn't know anything about this world. Those monsters of which she thought was her own imagination could have actually been hurting her this entire time, and she just ignored them and lived her life. She couldn't go back to that. "And send" she murmured to herself. Time to see what the gods response would be.

I have a lot I need to know... Kokoro only told me so much. I know there is a world of gods, monsters, spirits, and that somehow I can see and interact with it. Outside of that I don't know anything. Can you please tell me more! I will make an offering of course if I need to! I

Time: 3: 40 pm

Azani only really read up to the saving souls part of the message she on the phone that had wrong after Kuro left. Saving souls, if the gods could do that then she wouldn't be here, she wouldn't be needed if people kept their word and could understand one another and their pain, then maybe people would stop calling out. Azani didn't know if she would fade if humans forgot about her as Izanami would always remember her. If she didn't fade even after being forgotten and no longer needed, then Azani didn't know what she would do, she would rather fade knowing humanity was beyond her than linger as a shadow of their past. Still The desire to save souls above simply existing was good, this kid might not know they ways of the gods, but at least he still had some idealism left in him. Azani had seen many young gods that had declared to her that they would save everyone only to fade before her when they were forgotten, their dreams for saving humanity broken. She didn't want another repeat of those events, but to her it seemed that Kami_X was going to just be another blip.

" Fools each and every one of them" Azani said under breath. left with no one to talk to she could only talk to herself as she was once more alone. Azani had gotten used to being alone, just as she was used to being feared and disliked. She had many Regalia over the years, yet none could stay with her for they were pure and she was darkness, and darkness no matter how welcoming it was corrupts. Azani would just have to do as she always had, she would just deal with being alone and now at least, or rather hopefully Kuro would still be at the hotel when she got there, hopefully.

Time: 4:00pm
Azani would arrive a short time after leaving the high school near her target. The wards and seals on the SSA office actually could keep her from entering from Yomi thanks to their anti phantom measures. This tended to mean she had to just show up in the streets, which honestly worked out better than just showing up in the building, as she needed more often than not a little time to calm her soon to be ex regalia down after their latest view of hell. That view was one of the reasons many regalia left her unable to stand seeing that so often. Azani often did wonder what she could do to stop that, what could she do to not be alone, but Kuro seemed not to mind the horrors. The streets of the city were just as busy as one might expect, but being a god Azani could move unseen and unfelt by the mortals if she so wished.

She would while moving closer to the office come upon an odd sight, a god getting accosted by cops. That was something that should not happen to any god, what kind of idiot let themselves be seen long enough to get in trouble? If he did not want to get in trouble he should just remain out of sight, though mortals would forget most godly contact, unless properly bound. Really this was one weird god and he must be even younger than the fool in the school to not even seem to understand the basics of existing.

" Are you trying to mess with the mortals or something you fool, just remain unseen if you are going to act like an idiot." Azani half asked half berated this seemingly foolish god.

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Time: 4:05pm
Interactions: Karcen Karcen

It hadn't been long since Shorn had entered Kyoto, but he had already encountered far more than he expected. The authorities were one thing, but now without much room for preparation, someone else had immediately called him out yet again. Not again, I just got done dealing with something... He stopped in place, his hand still extended in the air and slumped down as he had been. His eyes rose to look at them, and he noticed that to his surprise it was another god. Looking over them, their appearance was something he hadn't necessarily expected she looked small, and rather unusual, maybe it was their choice of attire. However, looking over his own choice of attire, maybe there wasn't much room for criticizing anyone.
Shorn, Commission by Defaultz [Cut Down].png
Shorn kicked himself up from his seat, and stretched for a moment, before standing up straight. He brought his arms out in front of him feigning a stretch. Although, it was merely a cover for comparing the size difference between the two. Standing at 6'1", he was used to be taller. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful, but he was just surprised that someone with such a presence didn't have any size to go along with it. It seemed sort of... off. Hopefully she wouldn't notice it, Shorn wasn't too sure how he could explain that one without getting into yet another peculiar situation.

"If I were trying to mess with people, I wouldn't be picking confrontations with the authorities. At least, I hope I'm smart enough to avoid that regularly." He sighed deeply, and brought his white gloved hand to the tip of his jaw thinking. "I suppose it's true, from your perspective..." He half mumbled the second part underneath his breath, whilst thinking through what she said.

Gods could certainly remain unseen, Shorn knew that much, and Ayame could do it as well. Yet, Shorn wasn't exactly sure what to say, maybe there was some kind of issue or fault with him as a God. When it came down to it, Shorn didn't truthfully know how to keep himself hidden. From what he knew, it was supposed to be second nature, and wasn't something one had to learn. It didn't make much sense, and he didn't understand it either. It was a sore spot, he knew he was lacking in comparison to other Gods & Goddesses because of it. All he knew for certain was Ayame made it her goal to integrate Shorn into society, front and center, when she first took him in. She said it was a way to bring meaning to the people around him, and give him an open view of the world. It was, for the most part, successful.

Shorn looked down at Azani, with an almost pensive gaze, "You could say it just isn't that simple." Maybe that was too vague, he wasn't really keen on the idea of engaging a conversation with his faults. It was bad enough he got himself into these situations, let alone try to make sense of them. "Let me ask you this..." He waved his black gloved hand around motioning to the city as a whole, "Is Kyoto normally this infested? It's like a freezing draft constantly stabbing at my senses." Being constantly aware of the negativity, depression, and dread, in a very wide spread environment, was something that came second nature to Shorn... unlike staying hidden. "It's hard enough to block them out of my head without doing anything else." Shorn found it easier to dance around her question instead of answering it directly, maybe he would get lucky, and she wouldn't necessarily notice, deciding then to pry further. He didn't want to seem inferior on a first meeting, if anything, that sounded pretty pathetic. "Is there a reason for all this? I just made it into Kyoto, and I can't say I'm familiar with the..." He tapped on his forehead a few times deciding on the proper way to approach it. "Ah, yes!" He clapped his hands together, yet again drawing eyes onto him from the passersby. "The emotional standards of people in Kyoto!"

He seemed quite proud of the minor achievement, "If you have any insight on this, I would greatly appreciate the deed. Not sure what I can offer in exchange, but feel free to ask me something in return, if you desire to do so. An equal exchange of information seems more than reasonable! Or perhaps, if you need assistance, I could offer that too."

Last edited:

Rika Murakami (Human)
Rika blushed at Ryotaro’s compliment, tucking a stray strand behind her ear as she followed him out of Kenji’s house. Though she wouldn’t admit it aloud, it felt good to be praised. To be thanked. She certainly didn’t need acknowledgement to voice her opinions—to do what she believed was right—but it felt nice nonetheless. Ryo was a strange one. He seemed eccentric and impulsive, but from what she saw of him setting up all the…safety measures…, he was meticulous as well. They had only just truly met yesterday, so she couldn’t say she knew all that much about him, but she got a feeling she managed to see a side of him he didn’t usually show to others today.

She didn’t even know he could drive.

Slipping on the spare helmet he handed her, Rika settled in the passenger the side of the motorbike and held on tightly as he started the engine. She’d text her dad about being home late later. Chances are she wouldn’t even have to since he was regularly home late anyway. For once, Rika found herself glad of that fact. Telling her dad that she was going to a hotel with a guy was definitely a conversation she wanted to avoid. At the same time, it didn’t feel good lying to him either—one of the reasons they never seemed to have much to talk about.

She’d become used to hiding things from him.

As the wind blew her hair, Rika’s thoughts drifted to the events that happened out at the school field. Ryotaro told her not to worry about it, that she’d done enough by offering her support, but Rika couldn’t be satisfied with that. What if such things happened again? What if her friends got hurt? Kenji wasn’t the only possessed human in the world. Nor was that Jellyfish the only phantom. Should she just run away and let the gods solve all her problems? Just settle and accept her weakness?

No.

Rika was human. She was allowed mistakes, but, as long as he was alive, she would also learn and improve. And she would do anything within her abilities to protect those she cared for, whether it be from phantoms, spirits, or an angry delinquent-looking god.

Time: 6:00 pm​

Kurenai-Yoshida-NgkeGOofW-b.jpg
Arriving at the hotel ‘Ryuuji’ was supposed to be staying at, Rika glanced at Ryotaro, an eyebrow raised, before climbing off and removing the helmet as the engine died. She was glad he had the foresight to recommend changing. Showing up at a ritzy-looking hotel like that in student uniform was a liable to get them kicked right out. Then again, they could just pretend to be students looking for…a friend…who was staying there. Rika didn’t know. She’d never gone to a hotel looking for a god before. Heck, she’d never gone to a hotel with a classmate before either.

Was ‘Ryuujin’ even back yet? What if he wasn’t? Would they just wait there a until he showed up? Could they even afford a room to wait for him in or would they wait for him in the lobby and ambush him there? Since when did gods stay in hotels anyway?

Many doubts ran through Rika’s head, but she simply shoved them down and pushed her way through the hotel’s entrance. It was too late to back down now. Surely Ryotaro wouldn’t lie about something so outlandish. Ignoring the other guests and hotel workers in the lobby, she approached the counter. “Can you tell us which room…Ryuujin…is staying in...?”

“Who?” The hotel receptionist looked at her like she was stupid.

Rika folded her arms over her chest, taking on an immovable stance. For now confidence was the key. If it turned out Ryotaro was lying and there was no God of the sea staying in the hotel, or that he’d remembered the wrong hotel, she’d strangle him later. “I said Ryuujin. Just do your job and look into it, please. ”

“I’m pretty sure there’s no one under the name of R…” The receptionist blinked as she double checked her records. “…huh. There is...”

Rika sighed, unable to keep the smug, relieved smile off her face. If she were the childish sort, she would have followed up with an 'I told you so'. “Which room are they staying in?” Pause. “Are they even in?”

“Hang on, I’ll give the room a call.” The receptionist dialed a number on the hotel’s phone, bringing the listening device to her ear. “What are your names again?”

“Rika Murakami and Ryotaro Hirai.”

The receptionist spoke to someone on the other end for a minute or so before looking back at Rika. “They said it’s fine to come up. They’re in room 503.”

Seemed the god was already back.

Rika glanced at Ryotaro. “Looks like we’re headed for Room 503. You ready?”

For some reason, he seemed to be a bit nervous facing the god he’d apparently made a deal with the day before so she wanted to make sure he was mentally prepared. Seeing him lose a bit of that confidence he always portrayed in class made her feel a bit uncomfortable. More human and relate-able certainly, but she was used to the crazy classmate that went out to look for a god in the first place so it was just...strange.

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Time: 4: 06 pm​
Kami_X (God of Hackers)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

As soon as Sumiko pressed the ‘send’ button, the red-haired, glasses wearing figure she’d met the day before appeared in her apartment, manifesting in front of her like pieces of data being strung together. Phone in hand and all previous worries left in the dust in light of the fact that he had a job, Kami_X smiled teasingly at the albino that requested his service. “That’s quite the greedy answer, Sumiko-chan~ Most only ask one or two questions of me, but you seem to want everything I know~”

Kami_X enjoyed teasing others. Azani had said a phantom was more god-like than younger gods, like him, nowadays…and she might be right…but he had no real desire to change. If he wanted to, he could certainly practice the haughty ‘god-look’, like he’d seen so many gods—and even regalias—do so naturally, but it just wouldn’t be him. It was one of the reasons he couldn’t see himself living in Heaven even if he did get a shrine. He loved his freedom. He loved lazing about in his closet, eating snacks, and pulling the occasional pranks every now and again. He did work. He wasn’t a NEET. He had money. However, he also couldn’t see himself enjoying all the rules that existed for those who live up in Heaven either.

He found humans interesting. He’d grown attached to those that worshipped him. To the things that reminded him of his father. What had Tenjin said to him once? Humans were cruel when the had something to protect? Well. That applied to gods as well. Or, maybe it was just him…because he grew up on earth. Because, unlike the other gods, he’d never had the guidance of regalias or other gods. He’d learned from watching his father.

A man who had never even known he existed.

A man whose wish he never granted.

A man who he’d failed to protect.

Perhaps, somewhere deep down, he’d never considered himself much of a god to start with. “Haha, I do like ambition though!”

"Hmmm,"
Pushing up his glasses, Kami_X considered the white-haired girl that had texted him the prayer. Naturally, he’d looked her up the moment he’d first caught interest in her ability to see him. It was his nature to dig up information regarding the things that interested him—to have all his questions answered. However, it’d been out of passing curiosity and not much more. She was unusual certainly, but not so unusual that there were none like her. “You’re a librarian’s assistant and still a student—granted a University Student—so that’ll be taken into consideration. You also get the cute girl discount~”

Kami_X held out five fingers. “So, let’s go with 5000 yen! In return, our fates shall be intertwined and I’ll give you the full Kami_X crash course on what it means to live on the line between the far shore and the near shore. Unlike many other gods out there, who are only really good at fighting, I’m smart and actually have experience teaching. Sounds like a fair deal, no?”

Kami_X winked. “I’ll also give you the option to text me any unanswered questions that haven't been covered, free of charge.”

Time: 4:05pm
sample_e2649a51a2593d1b8e08369037e4fde23ba0c74f.jpg
Azani Goddess of Vengence and grudges

This god was a very talkative one that really danced around her question when it came to him going unseen. Really kids these days had no respect for their elders, not that one would think the child sized goddess was the elder. Really Azani was half tempted to just leave this fool to the streets and likely to getting hauled off the some prison, but she didn't. Maybe today she was just in a helpful mood, or perhaps so much had happened to shake her view of the world she was unable to keep up her normal distain for others. his question about the people made her blink in surprise just how young was this god to not know why this city was the way it was.

" Do you not know of the humans revolution of atheisms a few years ago , when they ran through the streets like wild animals putting the torch to anything or anyone that they could not convert to their faith of atheism?" She half asked " How could you be so cut off to not know of the event that killed so many gods and allowed the phantoms to go unchecked for years till this day." She continued " i had figure you were a young fool but not even the most childish of god could not know why things are the way they are"

Azani may have sounded like she thought the other god a fool before, but now it was clear as day she thought he was and idiot to not know anything that had lead to such conditions. He had either been to young, to dumb, or to sheltered, or a combination of all three to have have heard anything about all this. With Kami_X heaven may have left him alone, but at least he was informed, this god was clueless it seemed and could barely function if something like staying unseen was beyond him.

" My only question to one so foolish and blind as you would be why are you in this city, who let you out into such a place, you should run back to whoever sheltered you if you don't even know what where you are going is like" Azani finished half expecting the god to get angered and leave, hopefully to some place safer than kyoto, he might be a fool, but losing a god was never a good thing.

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Time: 4:07 pm​

Interactions: Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Director of Europe.jpg

The sudden appearance of the god seemingly digitizing from her phone into reality in front of her sent the startled Sumiko jumping backwards in her chair. Unfortunately for her, she was sitting in her desk chair which was in fact a rolling chair. The sudden jerk of her weight caused the chair to tilt to far backwards, pulling both the Albino girl and itself into a rolling heap on the floor. With a small groan she sat up and rubbed the side of her head, that was going to hurt for a little while. Looking up at the smiling figure, any doubts that this man was of divine origin were completely washed away. She might have considered him lazy or possibly a delusional NEET for calling himself a god and returning messages like they were nothing, but the fact that he had literally just emerged from her phone. This man was a certified god.

As he spoke several things ran through her head. How does he know I'm a student and a library assistant? Wait he is a god so maybe he just knows these kind of things... still a little creepy. Really, a cute girl discount? All these thoughts added with millions of questions she still had leftover from talking to Kokoro mixed together and a look of determination crossed her face. Still sitting on the ground she felt around her pockets to find her wallet and pulled it out, no cash. Looking up at the god of hackers she said the first thing that came to mind, "Does the God of Hackers and Information Acquirement accept card?" it was an innocent question but still felt very weird to ask. Of course if he didn't she was more then willing to run to the bank to get the cash for the deal. 5000 yen was a hefty amount for someone in her position. She would have to tighten up her budget for the next month but it wouldn't cause to much of an issue. Plus, this kind of deal for only that much sounded like a steal, although she wasn't sure she liked the sound of intertwined fate she needed her questions answered. If she didn't get the information she needed then she might end up waking right into her own death without even realizing it.

Time: 6:00 pm

ryo 4.png

Ryotaro Hirai
Ryo could tell that Ryuujin had already returned to the hotel. He saw the remnants of the god and his servants filling the lobby and leading further inside. While he could've just followed the trail straight to their room, it was more fun to watch Rika deal with the receptionist. The girl could be pretty aggressive. Well, he already knew that. Scary, scary.

Maintaining his amused smile, he answered her question as he walked toward the elevator. "Of course. I'd rather not stay in the lobby for too long, so let's get going. After all, it'd be hard to explain ourselves if a classmate or teacher found us together in a place like this." A situation like that might have been more worrying than confronting a god.

After waiting for Rika to enter the elevator and pressing the button for the fifth floor, Ryo placed his hands in his pockets and hummed along to the music as they ascended. His companion seemed worried about him to some degree, but there was no need to be concerned. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't still feeling tired after all that happened today, but this wasn't the first time he had to deal with that. Right now, he was too focused on the upcoming meeting to think about taking a nap on a soft hotel bed.

There were still many things he didn't know about the current situation, and that included Ryuujin's mood. He considered the possibility that the god would take action to ensure he wouldn't become a threat with his newfound knowledge. If such a thing was really on Ryuujin's mind, then Ryo could very well be walking to his death or some other type of misfortune. However, he already accepted that it was a possible result of his actions. Of course, he didn't want to die and had no plans to do so. He already made appointments for the next few weeks, and it would be hard to keep them if he was dead. He was prepared to face consequences if they were waiting for him, but he'd have to answer for them without it resulting in an undesirable future. As for how he'd do that, he would have to think of something when and if the time came. Considering the situation he was in, he was strangely calm, but that may have been due to prior experiences. While the stakes were higher this time, he was used to things like this. Like always, all he could do was his best.

When the doors finally opened, Ryo motioned for Rika to exit first. The remnants on this floor were stronger, so there was no doubt that Ryuujin and his entourage were waiting for them. They kept growing as he walked down the hall, only stopping when he reached the source and found the end of the trail. Just beyond the door, there were answers to the unknowns. Seeking those answers and prepared to take responsibility for his actions, he knocked. "I hope he's still wearing a shirt."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 4:07pm
Interactions: Karcen Karcen

The words that came forth from the Goddess stung... No, it would be more accurate to say they essentially leapt from the Goddess' mouth and slapped him. It was enough that it actually made Shorn flinch back away from the Goddess before regaining a semblance of composure. It bore down upon him, and hurt to be looked down upon, more-so amplified by the fact it had only been Shorn, Commission by Defaultz [Cut Down].pngmere moments they had exchanged words. "Dear Goddess, I know not much about you. Your name, nor your stature, or even a title come to mind. It is true, that I feel a presence looming among you, but I hope that isn't what defines you." Shorn bowed his head slightly as a form of acknowledgement, "I can tell you are far older than I, and for that I could respect you. However, I need not respect you if you choose not to do so for myself. I do not wish for such an outcome on a mere few words exchanged. Unless, of course, and I pray for you dear, that this not be the case, but... this interaction isn't simply a bad habit of yours, is it?" His eyes glazed, and his voice drew on a bit of a heftier ton as he continued, "Such a thing would become a path capable of touching upon the depth of despair, and that would be mighty unfortunate." Shorn's presence began to twist, and bend as his grasp on himself waned, "To give in to such a thing would be..." He drew in a deep breath as a ravenous feeling surged, and practically purred the words that followed, "Oh so marvelous~"

A heavy pang hit Shorn, physically recoiled in response to it, and then slapped his hand to the side of his head. The odd twisted presence immediately succumb, and changed back to what it had been. Following it, Shorn took in a very sharp breath, which made his chest hurt, and his eyes snapped back to awareness, rearing back from the Goddess. He covered his mouth, and his thumb wiped away the small accumulation of drool that appeared at the edge of his mouth. Biting down upon his lip, he looked down at the ground in a form of absolute shame, "You are not mistaken Goddess. I apologize for such a disrespectful display." His voice was a bit shaken, "I admit, you are correct. I am a sheltered God." There was a long pause, "I am sure you need not care about my circumstances, but to follow on our exchange, I shall answer you in full for my insolent action." Despite what happened, Shorn didn't bother to bring further attention to it, and instead decided to go forward as if it never even happened.

Shorn straightened himself up, recomposing and looked directly at her in order to address her properly, "I am Shorn, and I was sent away by Yoiaka, who is a Regalia underneath the Goddess who has sheltered me. I was under assumption this was an important task, but I realized mere moments before you spoke to me that he sent me away simply because I am not trusted. I am the outcast, and they could not trust me around their own whilst the Goddess was out." Shorn shook his head, "Forgive me, but I do really appreciate your willingness to answer my questions as you did."

Shorn took a bit of a stab at the darkness and extended his hand outwards at her. He knew her to have a seemingly dangerous presence, but knew not what it was. However, Shorn had no intention of letting something like that dictate or guide his actions. It only seemed to layer atop the oddities of the God to be doing such a human form of interaction. "I need not care about your title, but only who you are at your core." He was expecting the Goddess to not pay much mind to him, but he proceeded regardless, "You may call me Shorn. I have taken your warning to heart, but I cannot simply leave after seeing the very state Kyoto is in. I'm not sure if I can do much, but I wasn't following guidance for years without reason. I have learned much more than my lack of worldly knowledge can attest to. What I lack there, I hope I will be capable of making up the distance elsewhere."

Last edited:
Time: 4:07pm​

Kagemi (NPC-Regalia)

Kagemi’s face reddened slightly as cold, lifeless eyes seemed to stare into the depths of her soul. “O-of course I wouldn’t think that a former imperial regalia like yourself could ever sting their gods!”

And she hadn’t. Not really anyway. The other girl was older, wiser, and much more experienced of a spirit. Unlike her, who had stung the heck out of Nana in her earlier years, Imperial Regalias were made of tougher stuff. She’d simply thought the girl might’ve lost a bit of confidence because of how Heaven, and many others, seemed to view those with many names. Clearly she’d been mistaken. Honestly, Kagemi didn’t see much wrong with having many names in the first place. She’d been so happy when she’d received her name. It was proof that Nana loved her.

Following that logic, a Nora received the love of many gods. It was something to be proud of. Or at least, that was what she’d told other Noras who’d come to SSA looking for a job. What she taught all new spirits that came to SSA. That all the names they received were a source of pride—something to be protected and treasured.

“I’ll go get coffee! There are magazines to read if you’re bored as well, so let me know if you need anything, Miss Ame! ” Dashing from the waiting room in embarrassment, since it hadn’t been her intention to slight a guest, Kagemi returned 5 minutes later to find Ame cradled in a chair. Such posture often signified a closed-off loneliness from what she’d seen of many spirits brought to SSA…but Kagemi didn’t want to make a mistake again, so she didn’t question it. Nana did sometimes tell her she was bit too impulsive with her assumptions.

That some things were better off being left alone.

Leaving the coffee on the small table near Ame, Kagemi returned to her desk to finish her work. The comment about her being a respectful, hard-working regalia invigorated her to re-double her efforts and finish her task. Sort of. She still peeked back at the waiting area every so often to make sure the guest was okay. Ame’s words made it apparent that she cared about Nana and that made the Nora okay by her books.

Thus time passed. Death gods wearing black suits did occasionally walk in and out the office, some peering curiously at the white-haired Nora, but otherwise minded their own business as they went about their daily work. Some wore office suits. Some wore spells that made them shape-less black figures to make their job easier. However, none of them were Nana.

Kagemi checked the time, growing a bit more worried with each second Nana was late, but she did her best to keep it contained. Distracted herself with work. She was experienced enough to know that her emotions were a burden on her boss, but it wasn’t something that she could help at times. Hikarumi was better at than her. Nana told her not to worry about it. To let it out because there was nothing wrong with the way she felt. It was simply the inherent nature of one who used to be human.

Time: 4:07 pm

Nana + Hikarumi (NPC -Goddess of Death and Regalia)
1233a647e76e6286de93be9215de1020.jpg

Nana sighed.

More than paperwork, more than fighting any phantom, sometimes it was the talking with other gods part that left her the most exhausted. Her job wasn’t done after simply finding a spirit a new master. There was the trial period. She had to make sure that both god and regalia were satisfied with the arrangement—and that meant frequent trips to Heaven where some of the most pompous, demanding gods she’d ever met lived.

Nana rolled her eyes, checking her watch, as she walked back to the SSA office with Hikarumi. Obviously, she couldn’t tell them that though.

Not unless she wanted to her SSA office to continue running efficiently.

“Would you like some tea when we get back, Nana?” Hikarumi questioned, folder under the red-head’s arm as the regalia kept equal pace with her goddess. Nana had always been a fair goddess. Never treated her regalias as servants, but as employees and business associates to be respected. Paid them fairly for their work as well. Therefore, even if the work was more dangerous than of the other jobs up in Heaven, more depressing, Hikarumi was proud of the work she did in SSA’s Kyoto Branch.

“That would be lovely,” Nana replied, her eyes drifting a pastry shop. “Perhaps we should buy some snacks to go with it as well. An apology to Kagemi for being late.”

“There’s nothing to apologize for. Even with all the time we’ve given her, Kagemi’s probably still not done with data entry.”

0d72a41d46c50926dd6d10b114b1c610.jpg

Nana smiled, the previous exhaustion melting away at slight jab towards her Scythe. It was a running joke in the office regarding inefficiency with the less ‘exciting’ part of the job. “Probably not. But you’ll help, won’t you?”

“Of course. If I don’t we’ll never get it done.”

Kagemi’s suffering would then be Nana’s suffering. Such was the burden all gods bore when they decided to take on a regalia. Not all gods were up to it. There were pains involved, of course, but there was also a closeness that made their immortal lives worth living.

As the pair neared the SSA office, they would catch sight of two gods. One being the one who lived with the Goddess of Vitality up in the mountains. The other being Azani. Nana repressed a sigh. She had no deep grudge against the goddess of grudge and vengeance, but the other woman’s existence made her job a little harder. A business rival of sorts, in a sense. SSA was a huge organization with offices all over Japan, so the lone goddess taking a spirit or two as her own wasn’t a very big deal in the large scheme of things. However, for Nana, it represented another spirit she couldn’t save from the clutches of phantoms. She had no idea what Azani did with the souls she acquired…but the rumors about her in Heaven weren’t good.

Then again, rumors were just rumors.

Nana was the type of goddess that judged with her own eyes, regardless of what Heaven said, and she’d never personally met Azani. Rather than listening to the whispers of those who were too high up to tell fact from fiction, Nana would decide for herself what sort of goddess Azani was. "Good day to you, Gods. Do either of you have business with SSA?"

Gods came all the time when they needed regalias that they couldn't find themselves so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if that were the case. They were near the office building, after all...but they very well could've been just passing by. Since Nana didn't know, she thought it prudent to check. Nana's calm, indifferent eyes assessed both gods with business-like composure while Hikarumi remained respectfully silent beside her.

Karcen Karcen The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Last edited:
Time: 4:08pm
sample_e2649a51a2593d1b8e08369037e4fde23ba0c74f.jpg
Azani Goddess of Vengence and grudges

Azani had been about to unleash a second verbal salvo at the young ignorant god when Nana arrived. Azani really had never met another god that was so very wordy when it came to answers and questions, most just liked to state the most basic of facts and move on, not go on and on. If anything Azani would say this god should figure out how to say what he meant in 10 word or less sentences. The young god's tone shift was odd, but how other gods acted was rarely her concern except when they decided they would rid the world of the great evil that was her. The mention of being an outcast did in a way soften Azani for she knew what it was to be hated and rejected by even her own family. Well sympathy and pity would do little good, it was toughness that allowed one to live like that, a bleeding heart would run out of blood in time and a god with one would without a doubt fade. Still Azani had come here not for him, but for a regalia for another god and it seemed she had found another god that needed someone to guide him. Even with another goddess to guide him Shron was beyond lost, he might have book smarts but it seemed he lacked street smarts as kids might say. Azani had little against the young death god, to her they were not thieves or encroaching her territory and given she often sent her ex regalia to them these days she at least trusted them to get the job done. She however did not bother to seek them out for more regalia, and if her guess was right about the new phantoms then she might never need another. Perhaps she coudl visit Izanami before returning to Kuro.

" You" She pointed to Shron " Need to learn to cut down on your words, you are perhaps the most wordy bastard i have ever met" She said sounding annoyed " and it is street knowledge you lack, you need someone who knows the world, perhaps a regalia from our dear friends here" She continued with heavy sarcasm on the words dear friends.

Azani then turned to look at nan and her regalia, she knew it was not wise to antagonize the one you were looking to get favors from, but that was just the person Azani was. She had grown spikes and lashed out at others very easily, keeping everyone at a distance. Really if Ame had not left her then Azani would not need to visit this place she could have sent Ame with X and called it a day. Ame would be more useful and likely more happy with X than her anyways, who but a phantom would be happy working with her after all? Well Azani wasn't going to be picky with what she needed from the little death gods.

" That fool is lost but i am here for you, or well one of your spirits" Azani started likely sounding more ominous than she meant to. " I need a spirit, one with experience, they can be a nora in fact that is likely for the best as i intend to make them a guidepost" She explained being very casual about the honored position of guidepost " not for me but another foolish god that i met today that is sure to fade given his desire to think like a human" Azani chuckled thinking like a human was something that got gods killed. A humans was short lived and died far to fast, and even if they promised to stay they left. " So who do you have in stock o god of death" She finished her tone almost taunting Nana despite Azani even now wanting something from her.

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 4:10 pm
Ametaru (Regalia)
2D995104-9008-4AA8-8883-B1C328D7AA65.jpeg
The Regalia has indeed brought the coffee as she had fallen out of thought and placed the coffee mug down upon the small table adjacent to the chair she had seemingly taken residence in during this time.
Ame simply nodded her thanks to Kagemi who seemed to be too embarrassed or hurt to continue any conversation with the snow haired girl, but she did have work to attend after all.
Speaking of work, more and more Shinigami returned along with their regalia and lost ones they brought back to be safe guarded and adopted out to wanting gods and goddesses.
As the time did pass the sun passed through the sky and caught the girls visage in the mirror, she looked a mess. A former shell of herself at least in image.
The girl smiled setting the cup down and running her hands through her hair that had lengthened considerably through the years.
Turning her head to the side and sliding her index/forefinger between a portioned length she mouthed the words.
“Borderline... that’s much better”
She commented to herself as she discarded the cut ends into the nearest receptacle.
9F1FDB71-DF82-4416-86F4-55B9BF21CE5D.png
Returning to her seat and taking up her earlier position with mug in hand she sighed contently inhaling the brewed concoction before bringing the cup to her lips and letting it slide down her throat and warm her inside physically and metaphorically.
Outside she noticed after finishing her drink and ignoring a few side glances from others through the window was none other than the person she was waiting for, along with Azani....and another god.
What was Azani up to and where had Kuro Kyogi gone?
The Nora made no movement from her seat just simply spied from the window for a few moments before sighing and teasing the cup between her hands a few times she set the mug down where Kagemi had initially placed it for her and stood stretching slightly.
Her hopes fell onto Nana and her vast informational network....hopefully she would be able to give her the answers she needed. If Ude and Inbu were truly gone....

Mentions: Kagemi: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Azani: Karcen Karcen Shorn: The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back