• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Date: April 1st, 2030
Time: 11:00pm
Ryotaro Hirai
"If it's not too much trouble, could I get a towel? The rain hit me pretty bad on my way here, and I'd hate to get the floor wet." Ryo kept watching the receptionist as she left her position behind the front desk, only looking away once she entered the back room. Thankfully, all the guests were in their rooms at this hour, so there was no one left in the lobby to interrupt his discussion with the two men.

Turning to face Ryuujin and Uroko, he placed a hand on his chest and bowed his head. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ryotaro Hirai. I'm a student at Shirotome High School." Feeling the water trickle down from his hair to his cheeks, he straightened his back and swept his bangs to the side. "I don't want to waste your precious time, so I'll be quick. A phantom with the appearance of a jellyfish is possessing one of my classmates."

The receptionist wouldn't be gone for very long, so he had to wrap things up before she returned. He had to think quickly and choose his words carefully. He already cleared a tough hurdle by getting to this point, but this would be the most challenging part of his mission. "However, I'm not asking you to strike it down. Not immediately, anyway." Even though gods lived in a world filled with things humans considered strange, a request like this was probably something even they would find unusual.

"Tomorrow afternoon, my partner and I will attempt to deal with the phantom on our own. I believe that it's possible for us to do so, but success isn't guaranteed. I'm aware of how dangerous this is, so I'd like to request that you watch over us during that time. I've seen your skills firsthand, so I'd feel safe if we were under your protection." After seeing all those explosions and what happened during the police chase, he knew Ryuujin would be fast and powerful enough to slay the phantom as soon as they failed. However, that was only necessary if his plan didn't work.

"Even if we're successful and slaying the phantom isn't necessary, I believe your presence there will be important. I want to make sure we'll be safe in case things go wrong, but I also want you to be there if they don't. I believe this will be an important event that could change the relationship between humans, gods, and phantoms. I want you to see it with your own eyes. Having a god witness a moment like that is worth the price I pay for you to be there. Of course, that will only happen if things go well." If he and Murakami were able to get rid of the jellyfish, it would prove that humans were capable of more than they thought. Ryuujin would realize that and see that gods could deal with phantoms in other ways. This might reveal a new side of phantoms, one that allows both gods and humans to understand them better.

"If you're willing to watch over us during that moment, I'll gladly offer you my services. As I said before, I can help spread your influence, but I think my eyes would be of more use. As a human, I don't know much about how gods operate, but I may be able to assist if you ever find yourself dealing with something troublesome. With my Divine Eye, I can track down phantoms, spirits, and even gods. If I touch the remnants they leave behind, I can see their past as if I experienced it myself. If there is ever a time when these abilities would be of use to you, simply call me and I'll come as quick as I can to repay the debt I owe." Not knowing what godly powers Ryuujin possessed made it a bit difficult to bargain, but he seemed to take a lot of interest in his eyes when he inspected them earlier. Right now, the most valuable thing he had to offer was a promise to use those eyes for the god when he needed them.

"Once again, I ask that you watch over us." Repeating his request, he bowed. If his plan failed, Ryuujin would protect him and Murakami. If it succeeded, he'd have a new method of dealing with phantoms. Kenji would be saved either way, but he was hoping all of this could be resolved without a fight. It'd be the best outcome for everyone.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Date
: April 1st 2030
Time: 2:55 pm​

Azani could feel she shift in Kuro's attitude as she spoke, though she didn't know what exactly was going through the phantom's head she had a few guesses. Azani did have a more positive outlook for their partnership as it might be nice to have someone not easily scared off just because you had to do a few supposedly evil things to get paid. She also viewed this as a possible change in how the workings of nature so long stagnant were starting to move once more thanks to the ignorance of humans in their attempt to eradicate their gods. There was only one good name of the Phantom as pride and vanity were things, attributes, they were not whole and one could not be whole with only them. The idea of ignoring most ok Kuro's self aggrandizement seemed to be the best way to deal with that, ignore her mostly then throw a few complements here and there to keep her ego just inflated enough that she was willing to go along with things. That was now you dealt with Arrogant people who were blinded by their pride so it should work on a being made of pride.

When asked how she functioned, or what she would be doing to get more people Azani had a slightly different manner of spreading herself. Other gods would take prayers at shrines, but Azani never had any shrines, nor any priests, she had to use other methods. The truth was people were more likely to call her when they weren't surrounded by positivity and able to calm down, thus a shrine in truth was counter productive. She had spread word of how to call her, a summoning of sorts that if you hated or believed someone had wronged you would actually call her forth. Though like any good god there were a few rules and restrictions she imposed to not completely destroy the country.

" I mostly wait, though i rarely wait long, you see I am a god with no shrine thus no one can just leave a prayer for me, instead they call to me and I come" She said expecting a few comments about her being at humans beck and call " As humans make deals so much easier when they think this is their idea they took the first step and before they know they are running" she continued , to her it was a good system making humans an active participant that had to want and be willing to call her instead of writing a few words. " Then once the deal is sealed I go find my target and send them to hell, and i think during these deals and perhaps before I send the target to hell you could feed on them, that should hopefully negate a lot of negativity that would normally turn to lesser phantoms " She finished deciding to make a distinction between those like her partner and those like beasts.

It was then that Azani felt a call, she had someone wanting to send someone to hell right now " Well speak of the devil" She chuckled holding her hand out again " I have someone calling me now, take my hand and see first hand how this all works" She said needing to be holding Kuro to take the phantom with her.

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Time: 11:00pm​

Ryuujin (NPC - God of the Sea)
Stepping into the hotel the human led him to, Ryuujin glanced around curiously, deciding that it was a decent-looking place. Nothing compared to the beauty that was Ryūgū-jō, but a passable living space by human standards. Chairs. Tables. Potted plant. The first thing the god of the sea did—while the boy spoke to the receptionist—was find the most comfy-looking chair to have a seat in. Whether he dragged in water or not, humans wouldn’t notice him unless he wanted them to. Well, most humans. The one who introduced himself as Ryotaro Hirai seemed to have no trouble seeing him. Even seemed to know his identity, judging from the way the kid spoke, but it was hard to say since his name had never been directly referenced. Was an introduction on his part even necessary?

Ryuujin glanced at Uroko who shrugged and motioned for him to keep listening.

It certainly wasn’t what Ryuujin expected when Ryotaro Hirai first requested his assistance in dealing with a phantom, but it was nonetheless amusing. The request itself was simple enough. He didn’t even have to do anything. Just watch over an exorcism…or at least an attempt at one. It wasn’t like he didn’t believe it possible for humans to drive away a phantom themselves. He’d seen a sorts of things in his long life. Humans that practiced sorcery. Humans that stole the power of gods. Humans that bound spirits to their side to help them do battle against the dreads of the night. It was a call back to the old days when faith was at its highest and those that could see the visitors from the far shore littered the earth in numbers. However, he’d thought those days mostly long gone.

Times change. People change. Even he wasn’t the exact same incarnation of Ryuujin as the one recorded in Japan’s founding who more easily trusted humans. In fact, the last time he remembered trusting a human and inviting down to his palace, they stole one of his precious jewels. Ryuujin frowned as he recalled the little wind god that dared to challenge his authority at the time. It had been a while since he’d seen him, but it wasn’t as if the wandering god attended very many of Heaven’s meetings. Ryuujin didn’t either, but since the explosion of phantoms 10 years ago, and all the trouble brewing, they’ve become quite necessary.

And, interestingly enough, it seemed the human currently bowing to him was aware of some of the difficulties they’ve been facing. Was he involved in it somehow? Elbow on the armrest, with his chin rested in the palm of his hand, the dragon god considered Ryotaro’s offered deal without a word. It wasn’t a bad one. Didn’t require much from him and having a human in his debt had its uses—especially one with some degree of spiritual power. The question wasn’t whether it was a good deal or not, but whether Ryuujin thought he could trust the human. Human promises were cheap and ended when they died. He expected as much out of them as he expected them to stop polluting his waters.

Ryuujin sighed. “So you want me there as insurance in case you fail at whatever sorcery you and your companion intend to pull at your school.” Instead of directly answering the request, he called the names of his armaments. “Suiten. Maten. Choten.”

1999999.gif
As soon as the names escaped Ryuujin’s lips, the armors he wore glowed, transforming into human-shaped figures in priestly garbs that knelt before him. Instead of being naked however, he was dressed in the modern clothing he’d worn prior to donning his regalias. It wasn't like he'd come to the earthly realm unprepared. Nor was he so outdated he couldn't tell a gas stove from an electric one. “Tell the retainers of my palace that I’ll be extending my vacation in the near shore for a couple of days.”

All three vanished to do as told.

“And Uroko, when the innkeeper returns, I want you to reserve me a room. The best one available.”

“But you have a shrine just northeast—,”

“It’s my money so I do what I want with it!”
Ryuujin growled at Uroko who only rolled his eyes and nodded. Better that than listen to Ryuujin's temper tantrums. It really was the dragon god’s money after all.

Ryuujin returned his golden-eyed gaze to Ryotaro. “Tomorrow afternoon at Shirotome High, right? I’ll be there, but don’t get the wrong idea, Ryotaro Hirai. I don’t need anything from you. Humans are just as responsible for the phantoms born from the sea as I am of managing it. Until you prove to me you’re different from those that dirty my waters with filth and lies I have no use for your assistance. Talk is cheap, after all.”

Ryuujin tilted his head, smirking. “But since you’ve been respectful and acknowledged my power, I’ll give you a bit of advice. Unlike you humans that are always changing, the heavens don’t really change. Many of the old coots up there are stuck in their ways and it’ll take more than a single successful exorcism to move them.” Seeming to ignore the fact that he himself was fairly old, Ryuujin continued. “It’s good to be ambitious, but a kid like you shouldn’t waste your life on useless ideals.”

Given Ryotaro’s big talk of changing the relationship between gods, humans, and phantoms, Ryuujin couldn’t help but be reminded of a time when he’d heard similar ideals. A god who had given countless lives trying to name and control phantoms for the betterment of humanity. A god who was ultimately punished by the heavens for it.

Honestly, Ryuujin thought it was a bit idiotic.

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Time: 11:00pm​

Ryotaro Hirai

Ryo watched and listened with a smile on his face. He wouldn't complain if Ryuujin refused payment. As long as the god accepted the request, he could call this part of the mission a success. He even got some additional information he hadn't expected. He now had a better understanding of the spirits that served gods. While they had human appearances, they could take the shape of their master's tools. It was nothing substantial, but he also learned more about what it was like up in the heavens. He benefited from this exchange a lot more than Ryuujin, which gave him some mixed feelings. Maybe he'd be able to do something about that after the exorcism.

He made no visible reaction after receiving some godly wisdom. Expression unchanging, he bowed once again. "I thank you for your assistance and the kind advice. It's late, so I'll be returning home." The hard part was over, but he wasn't finished preparing for tomorrow. With that in mind, he made his way to the entrance, leaving the god with a few more parting words. "I hope we can have a longer discussion one day. If I'm able to prove myself, that is."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Date: April 2nd, 2030
Time: 12:15 am​

Careful not to let any water touch the floor, Ryo walked through the front door with plastic bags in hand. Placing his umbrella in the basket, he slowly removed his wet clothes, feeling his cold body become lighter as he took off each layer. He didn't bother to turn on the lights, choosing to walk through the darkness of his home until he reached his room. After grabbing fresh clothes to replace the ones he set aside to wash, he made his way to the bathroom.

After spending hours in the cold rain, he subjected himself to freezing waters once again as he entered the shower. A warm bath sounded nice right now, but so did saving money. He also didn't have time to spend soaking in the tub, so he washed himself quickly. He didn't give himself a chance to rest, but he felt a little more refreshed after putting on some dry clothes.

He still didn't turn on any lights after walking to his desk. Instead, he lit two of the small candles that sat on each end, content with the fire's soft glow. Once he could see more clearly, he reached for the plastic bags he brought with him. Soon, his desk was cluttered with the supplies he picked up before his meeting with Ryuujin. He laid out items from the hobby store and the bones he got from the fish market. Luckily, one of his repeat customers was an old man that set up shop there, so it wasn't hard to get his hands on what he needed. The tricky part was turning it into something usable. Hopefully, he'd be able to finish before school started.

Grabbing a knife from one of the drawers, he went to work, silently cutting and arranging. The only noises he heard came from the ticking clock and the rain outside. The storm was persistent, and it reminded him of the god he spoke to a while ago. He was glad that things were going well, but Ryuujin's words echoed in his head. "Wasting my life, huh?"

It was funny how he was fixated on that one line instead of anything else he heard. The god made a good point. It reminded him of how things used to be. He recalled how he used to think the same thing about someone else. He doubted Ryuujin intended for his words to have this effect on him, but it made him chuckle. They knew nothing about each other, but a few words were enough to make him think about the past. Maybe they had some sort of connection. After all, one of the god's other names was Ryojin. He didn't really believe that, but it was a funny thought.

Looking at the photo on his desk, Ryo returned the smile his father gave him. If he agreed with Ryuujin, that would mean his father wasted his life too. Because he wanted to see the things he couldn't see and understand what he couldn't understand, he ended up pushing himself too far. He died chasing something useless. That's how he used to look at his father, and it cost him everything.

When he was young, his father assured him that he wasn't strange. While he was different from the rest of the world, he was normal in his family. Before his father helped him realize that, his mother was going through the same thing. It must've been scary for her. Because he had a much deeper connection to the other world than his father did, she must've felt more isolated than ever. While she was normal in society, she felt out of place in her own family. If she couldn't hear or see the things other people talked about, then she was the crazy one. She wanted to be normal, so she ran away from everything. He didn't get to spend much time with her, but that experience still had an effect on him. It made it much harder for him when he realized his father couldn't see or hear those things either. Because of that, he ended up drifting away from the only person he had left.

To avoid feeling isolated in his own home, he threw himself into schoolwork and even joined a club. He stayed out late, trying to avoid the unpleasant atmosphere back home. The talks he had with his father became shorter and less frequent, and he spent most of that time halfheartedly listening instead of giving any meaningful response. He didn't want anything to do with the world his father was so engrossed in. At the end of the day, he was no better than his mother. Even if he didn't leave, he still ran away.

If he had just taken one small step, everything could've been different. If he hadn't avoided his father, the gap between them wouldn't have widened. If he had opened up and said one thing, maybe they could've understood each other. All he had to do was stop looking away. But he couldn't do that. Instead of looking at the things he didn't want to, he turned away, averting his gaze as if everything would go back to normal. He was afraid of being different. Being alone was a scary thing. He didn't want to feel that way, but because of that, he really ended up alone. Because he was weak and incapable of doing something so simple, he lost any chance of understanding someone who wanted to understand him. He lost the only person who loved him.

The things he did now were to make up for what he couldn't do then. No matter how much he wanted to, his father was never able to understand the world. He left him to struggle alone, giving up because of weakness. Even if he never had much interest in those things himself, Ryo made the decision to pursue them for the man who couldn't. He wasn't just chasing gods and spirits. He also wanted to know the limits of human beings. He wanted to understand everything, help everyone, and find what tried to stay hidden. He wanted it all. It was human arrogance and greed at its finest, but he understood that. The results weren't the important part. Ryuujin said that the heavens wouldn't move because he managed to do one thing, but that wasn't his goal. The only thing that ever mattered was that he tried. If he could do something, he wouldn't stand still. If there were secrets, he'd ask questions. If someone fell, he'd reach for their hand. While he aimed for success, the effort was what truly mattered. He couldn't forgive himself if he did nothing when there was something he could do.

He already paid the price for doing nothing and wanting nothing. Those who were given opportunities had the duty to take them. If he could see something, he'd look at it. If he could hear something, he'd listen. If he could do something, he'd act. He knew nothing, so he sought knowledge. He was weak, but he kept fighting. His strength came from the fact that he had none. If the world stopped spinning, he'd try to move it himself. He didn't want to repeat his mistakes, and he didn't want anyone else to make them either.

It wasn't as if he was letting guilt rule his life. Even if he regretted how things happened, he accepted them. It wasn't as if his father didn't make mistakes either. Although he was picking up where his father left off, it wasn't purely because he wanted to make up for his past mistakes. This was simply what he wanted to do. He spent a long time thinking about it, so he knew those were his true feelings. He didn't want to look away from anything or stand still when he could reach out for something. He just wanted to do the things he could. As long as he could say he was trying, he was fine with that. All humans could do was try their best.

"I should make some coffee." Deciding to take a small break, Ryo walked to the kitchen. Smiling to himself, he remembered the pair of golden eyes looking right into his soul. There was a time when he wanted gods and phantoms to stay out of his life, but now he was the one butting into their affairs. He wasn't planning to shake up the heavens, and he wasn't dumb enough to think it could happen after one job. However, it might happen somewhere down the line, intentionally or otherwise. He planned on keeping this place open as long as he could, so anything could happen in the future. This place was important to him and his father, so he'd keep closing cases and paying the bills. As long as he didn't give up and look away, he could try to protect the things he cared about.

Date: April 2nd 2030
Time: 12:15am
Ametaru(Regalia)
(Currently Fuuko)

7DBF9DD3-DBCD-46F9-942A-AF91134FE07B.jpeg

At first it was just words like stray, and more demeaning things speaking of her lack of loyalty to one god. Then it escalated to them throwing food, dousing her in holy water, it eventually degraded into violence. She stood through it all her eyes never moving from one spot on the wall where a regalia had started the kanji for I’m sorry.
A hard slap dropped her to the ground as a few Kami started tearing her dress and Kamatsu just smiled chuckling to himself knowing one thing the others didn’t. Ame couldn’t blight him. No matter how they tried she wouldn’t break she had too many gods that would be afflicted and blighted if she did and to her that was not a risk she could take. She would rather die.
This indeed was nothing compared to failing her promise to all the gods that took on her memories and emotions. That held such a weight upon their shoulders something more than a god should ever have to bear for her to be used by them.
After what felt like an eternity that only lasted a few hours. Ame was left battered and torn heaving for air after being kicked hard in the ribs. Kamatsu clapped twice the lights around her turning off at the sound as he sadistically collected his winnings and thanked the other cheated Kami to try their luck next time.
The Nora managed to stand almost falling back as she staggered in her stance doing her best to keep her now ragged dress from falling off her frame and baring her image naked but her names remained meaning she had passed the ordeal without any gods unnaming her.
Kamatsu applauded her and even had the audacity to rest a hand on her head and offer praise.
This was how their relationship had always been. She was truly his tool for things he did not dare subject his other regalia to.
Her hand gripped his wrist tightly the god wincing a bit as she prepared to speak.
The blood dried message reflected in her mind and she was honestly grateful that the others had not had to suffer this fate.

“You did good”
“Never, use someone else but me for this Kamatsu...promise me”
The god was a bit taken back by this development but shrugged and appeased the girl saying of course he wouldn’t and that he was done with this venture anyways especially since she had tapped the others out of many offerings.
Once back at his place she had to take another bath in the spring house to soother her battered self in his section of takamagahara.
Afterward he gave her what she was owed now back in her own clothes and fed very well she got to rest the man thanking her and slyly offering to ease her pain in bed which she denied with a kick to his solarplex.
After a few hours however she redressed and left his place. She had no desire to hang around him and now she stood outside his shrine night still clinging to the sky and rainfall prominent as it fell onto the bustling city. Nothing seemed to stop this place from revolving around like a door that had its ceaseless occupants entering.
The Nora clung to the credit card in her hoodie pocket which was her reward for doing so well.
It was adjoined to Kamatsu’s offerings and as a god of fortune Ame now had plenty of funds she could utilize and the first thing was to find a place to rest that was not in gropes reach of that deceitful god.
Normally if a god he done such a thing she would have asked for them to unname her right then and there but Kamatsu served a purpose for her and after all anything he felt was right was indeed as he was a god good or no.
The rain dampened the girls hood as she braved against its chill her steps slowing as she found her way to a bridge overlooking a small river.
Ame smiled looking out across the waters that rippled frantically from the rains relentless battering.
She still had strength in her and the fact that she was still here meant something.
She was here for a reason and Kamatsu’s words reverberated in her ears.

“Things are changing here Fuuko, and to be honest you might be just what Kyoto needs right now. Gods are weakening even me...and some are desperate as you saw tonight to just cling onto anything resembling power. But they have forgotten what you can remember...humans need help, spirits need help, even gods...need help sometimes. It’s up to you to help them”
“A Nora saving gods, what a turn but all they have to do is call my name, It’s a shame that dress was really pretty. I wonder if he felt anything....”
The regalia commented to herself as she fiddled with the accessory she had worn for the game before letting it fall from her hands and descend into the depths of the waters below.
She would then resume her wandering onto the streets looking for a place to sleep until later in the morning.

Kamatsu’s eyes watched from afar upon the rooftop of an office building a few of his regalia standing by his side one tugging at his sleeve as she was no more than a child.
“Why did we let her go, and was it alright for her to take my place for the game?”
“She knew before it left my lips, she did it for me and you...she is the strongest regalia I own, I just wish others could see her for what she really is instead of a tool. A girl who is lost and looking for a place to belong, a human being that is now a spirit, not just a stray”
“Will she be okay?”
“She will be fine Haruko, She has others to protect she knows that now. Come let’s get back before it gets to stormy here”
“That is because of you, you know that right?”
The small regalia hugged at the god as they descended the rooftop and teleported back to tamagahara.
Ame found herself a place to relax for the night and boy was it nice to indeed relax. It had been one thing after another since she hopped off the tram way.
Still this place had drawn her here for one reason or another she thought as she looked at the red name embedded into her hand as it encircled her ring finger.

“I wonder if he still can’t stand me, or if he wielded a scared treasure since... where are you Susanoo, and would you help me....because I am lost...”

A man groaned from his slumber as he touched his rib cage with an eyebrow raised before reaching for a bottle of sake left for him. His eyes drifting across the horizon sighing after taking a long swig.
His blue hair shone deep like the depths of a great storm.

“Your out there aren't you Ame?, looks like I have slept long enough”

Last edited:
Date
Time: 2:55 pm​

Phantom (Pride)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen )
Shameimaru.Aya.full.1956078.jpg

Kuro-Kyogi nodded along as she listened to Azani's explanation. "As embarrassing as it is to be at the beck and call of the humans, I must agree with your methods/. Making them believe the deal is their idea is the most optimal way to handle it, though really you have no shrine? I would have figured that a daughter of Izanami like you would have had at least a small one, or maybe a cult of your own." She tapped her chin lightly as she tried to imagine Azani possessing her own cult following. As she was thinking everything over Azani chuckled and extended her hand out to Kuro-Kyogi. It would seem this experiment had found it's first test subject.

Kuro-Kyogi eyed the hand for a moment. So what she just grabbed her hand and they would teleport there? Did she really had to hold her hand like a lost child? Sighing, she gently placed her hand on top of the goddess own and a strange realization washed over her. This was what a gods hand felt like. How many humans or phantoms had this hand killed? How much pain and suffering had they caused? How much pride did they create after cutting down their intended targets? Funny she never imagined she would have any kind of non violent physical contact with a god. How strange the world could be. Locking eyes with the goddess she nodded to single that she was ready. "Make your deal then find your quarry. While you go hunting I will fulfill my own role and ensure that none of the lesser phantoms will be created from this persons heart." She said in a rather serious tone. The amused smile that had been shown before was gone, replaced by something more akin to a somber expression used for business.

Date: April 1st, 2020
Time: 11:00 pm

Nana + Hikarumi (NPC -Goddess of Death and Regalia)
1233a647e76e6286de93be9215de1020.jpg

Standing amidst a small crowd of humans that had gathered around the burglarized jewelry store despite the rain and time of night, Nana and her companion, Hikarumi, stood unnoticed among curious onlookers peering from under the shades of their umbrellas. Some had their phones out to snap pictures of the broken glass. Others were news reporters trying to get their next big scoop. Regardless of who they were, they were all blocked by the policemen who wound a yellow ‘Do not cross’ tape around the scene of the crime.

All except for Nana and Hikarumi who simply lifted the tape and ducked through without ever being stopped—or, noticed for that matter. Dressed in formal black suits, they could be seen as standard office workers, though Nana chose that color as a requirement for those that worked in her branch for an entirely different reason; Black was a color traditionally worn to mourn the dead.

“It’s a mess in here,” Hikarumi closed the umbrella as she entered the store with her boss, her eyes flickering to the scattered jewelry. Necklaces, diamonds, gold, pearls. All the things that would tempt an ordinary human into thievery—even if it meant hurting others to do so. Hazel eyes traveled along the trail of blood until they reached the cold dead body of the dead security officer who tried to stop the criminal. A store employee cried over him, the gloom she felt only attracting more phantoms.

Grief. Pain. Fear. Hate. Death.

All the recipes for another storm if not handled right.

Passing another employee who was explaining the situation to an officer, Nana knelt beside the crying woman, a gloved hand on her shoulder. “It’ll be okay. I’ll make sure he finds a proper home in Heaven.”

The woman gave no indication that she’d heard the goddess at all. Hikarumi glanced around wearily as eyeballs began popping about. The job of a Death God always seemed to take them to some of the more dangerous places. “We should hurry before more phantoms come. Where’s the spirit? It hasn’t been eaten already, has it?”

They did come a bit late due to the many deaths that have been occurring in Kyoto as of late. Lots of phantoms. Less gods to deal with them. That, along with all the troubles up in Heaven only meant more trouble down on earth and vice versa. Both were heavily intertwined, after all, even though some chose to close their eyes to that fact. The fact that a staffing agency found itself understaffed was an amusing irony.

0d72a41d46c50926dd6d10b114b1c610.jpg

“Only one way to find out.” Dusting her skirt as she stood, Nana called for her regalia. “Come, Kouki.”

Nana caught the umbrella with one hand as Hikarumi transformed into a lantern in the other.

“You know what to do.”

An explosion of light burst forth from the lantern driving away all nearby phantoms and dissolving any gloom it touched. Then, the luminescence dimmed down into a soft glow as a small, golden, fluff ball revealed itself from where it had hidden. Drawn to the light, it floated towards Kouki.

“That’s right. Go in,” Nana coaxed gently. “We'll protect you.”

Once the soul was encased in the lantern, Nana opened the umbrella and exited the store, leaving the scene of the crime. Normally she might’ve stayed to do some cleaning, but she hadn’t brought Kagemi with her tonight and didn’t want to risk any corruption touching the spirit in her custody. Even a single blemish was enough to turn away a god and severely limit future prospects. No one wanted a broken weapon after all. She’d still find a home for the spirit of course, as was her job, but it would be much more difficult. Besides, Ryuujin seemed to be doing fine enough on his own. Nana didn’t know what the God of the Sea was doing in Kyoto, given his general dislike for urban cities, but she was half grateful for it. The other half was worried that he’d drown Kyoto, given the rumors of his temper.

She considered bringing the soul to him, as he was powerful god with a proper place in Heaven, but decided against it since Ryuujin didn’t generally accept human spirits. Not anymore anyway…and his temperamental nature was difficult to get along with, especially for newly deceased ones. Certainly not Kamatsu given the things he involved himself in for money and the careless way he treated his regalias. The shadier side of Heaven—the sorts of things certain gods did behind closed doors—certainly wasn’t something she’d want to expose a new spirit to either—lest they fall prey to corruption. Gods, by their nature, could do no wrong, but spirits that were once human wouldn’t necessarily see it that way. Even she couldn’t approve of some of the dangerous games he played and turned down an invitation from some of the involved gods to “punish a Nora” with them. Nana didn’t know what Nora he’d brought to his 17th game of BTBG, nor did she want to know.

Regardless of how they ended up or chose to live their lives, no spirit—no soul—deserved to be treated that way.

Her glove hand tightened around Kouki’s handle.

Is something wrong, Nana?

“It’d nothing you need to worry about, Kouki.” Even though she thought so, a simple branch manager of SSA couldn’t change the way society was run. She had her own people to protect and making enemies with other gods would only make her job more difficult in the long run. “Let’s return to the office and register the new spirit. Kagemi is probably waiting for us.”

Perhaps Lady Hasuna, goddess of Hearth and Home would welcome a new spirit, though SSA was a business as well and she certainly could force gods to take on more than they could handle. Gods would always need regalias and homeless spirits would always need the protection of gods to keep from becoming phantoms themselves. No matter the era, that fact would remain the same. It was Nana's job to make sure each spirit in her custody found a home each and each god that came to her was properly armed for whatever dangers that could lay ahead.

As a motorcycle passed her, following the trail of lights Lord Ryuujin left, Nana gave the driver a mere passing glance before turning the corner to the establishment she worked at. A small building labeled with a simple sign: 'Spirits Staffing Agency'.

(mentioned: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah MrThe MrThe Lucem Lucem )

ChisatoFC.pngChisato Amai (Human)Location: Maruyama Park, Kyoto.
Time: 4:40 PM
Mentions: MrThe MrThe Nico Nico

"
This is not real. This is not real. This is not real. This is not real-"

Chisato's head was filled with those four words repeating themselves over and over again. Almost like a chant to purify all of the stress off of her, or maybe even teleport her into an isolated area with no people or creatures- Phantoms. "Ugh. Why am I even believing this woman?!" Chisato could only nag at herself as her eyes looked down on theHot Dog that lady, who introduced herself as Hasuna, had bought for all of them, sitting unanimously between her hands. Yet, she had lost appetite at this point and even if she didn't she wouldn't bite into it. She felt as if it would seem as if she accepted her, which she was finding it hard to do. Who would, anyways? A random, pregnant lady with an older son bumps into you and she turns out to be a self-proclaimed goddess. Any sane person wouldn't have believed her for one moment, but to Chisato's misfortune she doubted she was even mentally stable at this point.

There was a few minutes of silence from the young girl as she sat beside both of the new acquaintances, being unsure of what to say and how to take such information. The day was slowly passing by before them, but yet it seemed as if her nightmare wasn't letting her go. Normally, she would have scratched these things as just her imagination, but there were several things that simply couldn't be done if Hasuna and the boy were just part of her head. First, there was the initial impact of them colliding with each other. Then, there was the water bottle that Hasuna was able to pick up, and then she was even able to communicate with the Hot Dog vendor. Everything indicated to her possibly being a normal human being, and she couldn't deny the possibility, but the fact that such small "Phantoms" were actively avoiding them was too alarming as well. As if she truly had such purity she claimed to represent.

Shortly, the girl sighed slowly before bringing the now-lukewarm Hot Dog into her mouth. Her guard was still up, but deep down this situation intrigued her too much to ignore. She had never encountered a self-proclaimed God, after all. Everything she has witnessed for years were weird, deformed creatures that she depicted as only her imagination. She still intended to do this, as the logic of "Phantoms" and "Gods" were simply tales. They weren't real. Yet, her mind itched her into finding out more before turning a blind eye to it once again. Her lip quivered slightly, but finally started to speak after a small cough. "So...Hasuna-Sama? I'm Chisato Amai." she directed towards the woman, unsure of what honorific to use for someone that was, most likely not, a Goddess but she assumed they were to be called with upmost respect. "Home, family, children. You represent all of those? How?" She asked as she finally gathered the courage to look at the woman, her gray eyes connecting with the gentle gaze of hers. "Aren't Gods supposed to be invisible as well? How is it that people can see you?" she questioned the woman a bit more. Chisato was unsure that whatever answer the woman provided would make her less tensed up around them, regardless.

There was also the floating question of who this boy was as well, her eyebrows arching a bit once her eyes flicked towards the boy beside her this time. She examined his looks. His gaze. He seemed perfectly normal as well, but Chisato had trust issues at this point. For all she knows he could also be another self-proclaimed God too. She ate some of her food once again as she kept staring at the boy, almost like if she was digging for an answer to her questions, though maybe such strong glare was making the boy uncomfortable. Regardless, Chisato wasn't thinking of this and was more focused on trying to find answers on her own, even if these were things that she didn't believe. "And you? Are you a 'God' as well?" she finally asked, having a questioning expression on her face with her near-perfect posture now having slouched a bit when trying to turn to look at pair. She wondered how she had gotten herself into such situation, but she was now hoping for it to end soon more than anything. There was just so much denial she could do in one day, but she couldn't deny that the pair was intriguing her. Even though she didn't completely believe Hasuna, there were way too many points that made her be able to dismiss the both of them in her right mind and needed an answer, even if she'd end up turning a blind eye to it afterwards.​

Date: April 1st 2030
Time: 3:10 Pm
Azani said nothing as she took Kuro's hand and gripped it tightly, the ways gods moved were varied and ranged from simply walking to using heaven as short cut. Azani used Yomi a brief dip in then out to where her name was being called. That was one way a god could escape Yomi, having a mortal calling their name, and Azni used that and her myth to move where she was needed as not every ritual worked if the hate wasn't strong enough. Thus the pair would vanish to the realm of the dead just as the rain started coming down as if the heavens wept for this unholy union. The two would plunge down, deep into the earth swallowed up by black smoke and go right to Yomi, though the sight of the home lasted only a moment and Kuro would get a quick glimpse of the section of Yomi that Azani could be said to rule. The area was not dark like the rest, it was lit up with the radiance of towering fires what dotted the small pocket of the underworld. All around and in these fires shadowy tortured figures wandered and wailed unable to find any relief from the endless ever new pain. Their wails could only dimly bear heard against the roar of the fires and the bubbling boiling molten lake in the center, where more figures struggled to stay afloat drowning others to seek escape that would never come. This was hell, while it had no demons to torment the damned it was right out of humanities vison of endless suffering and pain. Then this vision was engulfed by blackness.

The pair would come out of this trip in a dark room, one of the requirements for the ritual, with the sound of rain now pounding outside. There was a woman in the room with them, she looked a bit older but not exactly a grandmother, just a young woman aged by some stress starting to turn her black hair grey far before it should. The woman held before her a slip of paper with the prayer to call forth Azani on it and had a circle of several candles on the ground where the two showed up. Before the two was an envelop containing the first offering 10,000 yen. The exact amount of money offered changed from offering to offering, but Azani would be insulted if it fell below 1,000 and if she felt the person could afford more. The woman Koizumi Hideo was a house wife, her husband your stereotypical office worker, there was just one problem with their life, and that was Maki their child. Maki was not exactly right in the head, as even these days mental disabilities were not cured and sometimes medication didn't work. A child with a mental defect that made them unable to understand limits, and unable to control their emptions all the while being beyond hyper would stress anyone. That was the situation Maki could not be taught, or controlled she was a child that would age any parent and might drive a parent to a dark deal.

" You have called with hate in your heart and a grudge unfulfilled " Azani said not sure if Kozumi could see Kuro or not but right now that didn't matter this was a teaching experience to show the phantom how she operated.

" I i y yes" Kozumi said nodding shocked it actually worked.

" Then know That I have heard you and I can grant you vengeance " Azani continued actually cutting the woman off " But for this curse there is a price to send one to hell two graves are dug, i shall take your target to hell, but you too shall go to hell when you die or if you fail to honor me and give unto me offerings" She explained " Do we have a deal?"

Kozumi looked scared, and guilty as if she was going to do something that went against everything she should be " Yes" She said gaining some resolve

Good" Azani said reaching tot he roman and touching her chest right above the heart and even through Azani did not touch her skin there was a pain as she left her mark a circle with a mouth swallowing a flame. " Now speak the name " Azani almost ordered.

" Maki Hideo" Kozumi said letting out a long sigh as if she was expecting to be judged and had to explain, but didn't " My daughter she is in her room" Kozumi said after a pause.

" Then i shall go to her you may go and know i shall consign your grievance to hell"Azani said to get the woman out of the room before looking to Kuro " So what do you think Kuro?" She asked already deciding to use a nickname for her phantom companion.

Date
Time: 3:20 pm​

Phantom (Pride)

wallpaper-2133003.jpg

Hell, that was what Kuro-Kyogi witnessed as the goddess of vengeance tightly gripped her hand. The cavernous maw that encompassed human souls damned to suffer, yet it was unexpectedly bright. Pillars of flame and a lake of lava lit up the nightmarish landscape making it resemble someone's drugged up nightmare. With the added in screams of the damned this place would be unforgettable for all the wrong reasons to any normal person, but Kuro-Kyogi was not a person... she was a creature of Yomi. If anything there little pop underground was rather pleasant, she got to catch a glimpse of home, yet it was a place she had never been to. Perhaps one day when he mission to guide humanity down the right path was complete, or something unexpected happen she would come here to relax, but that would be an adventure for another time.

Rematerializing into the Near shore she found herself in a room used in some kind of ritual summoning. This must be how Azani's clients reached her. Speaking of clients, a very tired looking woman holding a slip of paper stood before them, yet her eyes could not find them. The clients couldn't see who they made a deal with... a rather interesting way to make a deal. Though the most interesting part about this woman was her aura, that tasty looking bundle of darkness that wrapped around her and tempted the phantom. A whole mix of dark emotions all in one, and tucked away in the small back corner of that mix was pride. As the deal progressed and eventually reached the conclusion, the phantom kept her gaze fixated on that small flicker of pride that Kuro-s job would be to ignite.

Kuro-Kyogi remained silent, even after the woman left not a word left the phantoms lips. Only after Azani asked her question did the phantom speak, "Have no fear, as I promised no lesser phantom will be born tonight. Do what must be done and leave the mother to me." with that being said Kuro-Kyogi flapped her wings and followed after the mother. The fact that Azani had called her a nickname had registered in her mind, but now it was time to do business. She would discuss the shortening of her name later. After all they weren't close enough to be using nicknames yet.

Finding the woman wasn't hard, after all she had just made a deal with a goddess of grudges to kill her own child. Where else would she be but the kitchen desperately clinging to any booze she could find. Seeing this woman Kozumi in this state put a smile of pity of Kuro-Kyogi's face. Poor poor creature. Lowering herself down, the phantom took a seat on the surface of the counter on the left of the hunched over figure. Very gently she raised her left hand and placed it on Kozumi's shoulder. The woman's body seemed to freeze up, as if she new something was their but had no idea what was touching her. Seeing Kozumi's reaction, Kuro-Kyogi smiled sweetly and began to speak. "Why are so filled with sadness? Is this not what you wanted? You feel guilt and misery for condemning your own child, but I cannot understand why. No, you shouldn't feel any of that. The only thing you should feel... is Pride"

Very lightly the phantom moved her hand up from Kozumi's shoulder until it was on her head, and she began to move her hand back and forth like she was comforting a child of her own. "Do not be heartbroken. You suffered for so long and you were so strong. It's not your fault you were cursed, but you dealt with it. You adapted, you overcame, and finally... you conquered the curse by removing it. These are things to be proud of. Look back on these years and do not be filled with negative feelings towards your actions. You did all you could. Mourn your daughter and mourn her death, but not because it was your hands but because she was forced to suffer as well." Kuro-Kyogi could see it, that spark of pride growing larger and larger. From a mere ember it became a vivid flame, burning through sorrow and despair.

Kozumi on her part was in an increasingly weak mental state, which means it was the perfect target for Kuro-Kyogi's influence. Although she was aware of a presence she had no idea what it was, and slowly yet surely she began to raise her self off the counter. Facing the counter wall she seemed lost in a trance. "That's right... we both suffered so much... we should be proud." she mumbled to herself. Continuing to pat the woman's head Kuro-Kyogi whispered words of encouragement, "There there. Let it all out." Being pushed into a deeper trance the woman continued. "It's only right! Now we don't have to suffer. Yes, I'm proud of it all. Every moment and every hardship. It's made me stronger!" she declared a little more confidently.

The time had finally come to put the finishing touches in place. Hoping down from the counter Kuro-Kyogi walked until she was behind Kozumi and reached forward grasping ahold of that delectable darkness brewing to the brim. "Sleep lost one, and when you awaken, let your pride drive you to a new brighter future". Just like that the woman was out like a light, past out on the kitchen floor. The dark aura that had surrounded her a moment ago was gone, almost completely devoured by the phantom standing above her. Now all that burned in the woman was pride. To some that might be a bad thing, yet was it really? Yes pride could be bad, but it also could be a force of good. When one is proud they push themselves to be the best, do the best, and make the best decisions. Those who are proud often try and rise to match others expectations. This woman would go on to have a very successful career and would die, proud of her achievements, Kuro-Kyogi was sure of it. Besides now that her work was done none of the pesky little phantoms would appear from her misery or hatred, and if they did... well... Kuro-Kyogi was not one to apricate mere beast trying to take from her. "I wonder how Azani is doing?" The phantom asked aloud.

Time: 3:30 p.m.​

Ryotaro Hirai
As the final bell rang, Ryo stretched his arms above his head and let out a quiet yawn. Somehow, he managed to avoid dozing off during class. He remembered closing his eyes last night, but he wasn't sure if he actually fell asleep. Thankfully, he was able to get some rest on the train, so he wasn't at risk of passing out during the exorcism.

With one eye closed, he took a glance at the large jellyfish that still refused to leave Kenji. No one else could see how the phantom covered the boy's body like black ooze. While he didn't realize what was happening to him, it was clear that the possession was taking a toll on his body. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to endure that for much longer. It was finally time to see if all the hard work paid off.

After putting away his textbooks, Ryo grabbed his bag and made his way to the door. Before things could really start, Murakami had to play her part. He hadn't said anything to her that day. It was better if they acted normally and didn't speak to each other for now. Otherwise, Kenji might get suspicious. It wasn't like he had a bad reputation. If necessary, he could've thought of a way to get Kenji to a secluded space by himself. However, it would be faster and easier if Murakami did it. High school boys had a hard time saying no to pretty girls.

Giving his accomplice a wink, he exited the classroom and made his way down the hall. He had faith that she'd be able to pull this off. Kenji hadn't given in to the phantom just yet, so he'd still be relatively reasonable. If his mind was already gone, he wouldn't have kept following his schedule. Right now, his state was best described as a mix between exhaustion and anxiety. After staying up all night trying to finish his preparations, Ryo finally understood the reason for his current condition and what gave birth to the negativity that attracted the phantom.

While Murakami was busy talking to Kenji, he'd get to the field first. He already made sure nobody else would be there at this time, but it was always good to triple check. Arriving early seemed like a good idea, considering there would be a special guest. Something told him Ryuujin didn't like to be kept waiting.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 6:00 am​

Rika Murakami (Human)

250px-SCSakuya.png

Rika couldn’t say she very much enjoyed watching morning news. Rarely did it ever show anything good. Jewelry store robbery. Death of an officer. Death of mentally ill child Maki Hideo due to unknown causes. However, with a piece of bread between her lips and backpack slung over her shoulder as she hurried out the door, her eyes couldn’t help but be drawn briefly to the TV her father turned on as part of his morning routine before work. She’d forgotten he was an early riser.

“You’re going to school early today,” Her father commented from the couch. “Don’t your classes start at 8?”

“8:30,” Rika corrected as she removed the bitten toast from her mouth. She chewed and swallowed before lying to her father. “I’ve got morning practice for the Judo club.”

The season for Judo competitions had already ended and exams were coming up, but it wasn’t as if he knew enough about her daily life to differentiate fact from fiction. Rather, Rika never told him much about it, but what could she say? Her daily life—and the things she was able to see—was mostly like fiction anyway.

“I see,” The man replied. “Don’t stop by those shrines you always go to anymore. I hear there are still some dangerous activities going on around certain religious areas.”

“Sure,” Rika lied again, leaving the house before she had to lie a third time. She had every intention of going to shrine. In fact, the whole reason she left the house early was to find water from a shrine to soak her body in as Ryotaro suggested. She already knew the risks involved when she agreed to work with Hirai. It was still something she wanted to do. She’d already looked away long enough.

As the train neared the Ota Jinja, which was cordoned off the public by a yellow tape due to desecration and vandalism, Rika wondered if the waters still worked without a goddess around. It was the only shrine Rika felt comfortable taking from since she and Uzume had been friends. Probably. Honestly, it had been so long since she visited the Purple Iris Shrine, that her memory of it had grown quite hazy. Uzume’s laugher. Her pretty dancing. Her cheerful face as she listened to Rika’s woes. They were all foggy images that she was barely clinging onto, especially since she’d abandoned the shrine when Uzume left her. Now that she thought about it again, it wasn’t like her to simply abandon someone who helped her out so much as a child—who she shared so many memories with.

Had she simply forgotten?

Walking up a path where flowers ought be blooming—but aren’t— Rika avoided the wreckage of a shrine and approached an undamaged well where water from the pond could still be drawn from. No one visited the shrine anymore. No one would be watching while she stripped to her undergarments and dunked shrine water over herself like a lunatic. No one but the gods who were supposedly omnipotent, all-knowing beings. Or maybe Uzume, given this was her shrine, but if the legends of Ame no Uzume were anything to go by, she would have no problems with nudity or dancing naked. Honestly, if such actions could draw Uzume out from wherever she was hiding, Rika wouldn't have really minded being seen.

(mentioned: Lucem Lucem Karcen Karcen )

Last edited:
Date
Time: 3:20 pm

Azani nodded leaving the mother to Kuro, while Azni did relive a lot of darkness she did not get it all. There was the hate and loathing that would go when the object of hate was gone, but for people like Kozumi there were other dark emotions that did not go with the target. That was just part of things Azani got rid of more darkness than she created, but now she could hopefully get rid of it all at least for now. Azani would easily find the room as it had the girl's name on it and she entered. The room was what one might expect from a child that drove a mother so far. The toys were not just scattered they were shattered, holes were in just about every wall, and nothing had even the semblance of order. Azani did wonder just how the parents dealt with their child to get these results, but it was not her job to judge those that called upon her. Still Azani had enough experience with problem children, after all she was one, to take a guess that the parents or likely the mother unable to deal with Maki had simply locked her away and waited for the screaming and crashing to stop. Azani easily found Maki asleep and tangled in her sheets, though luckily not tied down or anything, just tried from likely an hours long tantrum.

Maki was a small girl maybe 7 or 8 and while she was sleep she looked as normal as any given child, but when awake she was a little hellion, her parents not knowing how to deal with it didn't help with her actually getting better. it seemed that Kozmi had decided to taken the easy path, one that only one parent had to agree to unlike adoption. Azani moved up to the sleeping child, it always hurt to do this to children, the only good thing was that the mother would one day join her daughter in the lake of fire.

" Oh pitiful little soul" Azani said not really needing a chant for this " You will not be alone for long, i am sure of that" She finished before leaning in and placing a finger onto Maki's forehead The spot smoked and the mark appeared on her forehead. The mark could only be seen by those with spiritual sense thus such an obvious mark would be invisible to most and Kozumi would be reminded constantly of this dark deal even as she put her daughter in the grave. Maki would open her eyes in shock for just long enough to die with an expression of fear and pain before her soul was torn from her body and all life stopped as Yomi gained a new resident.

With her work done Azani exited The room soon finding Kuro by Kozumi who had less darkness around her. She had pride but not arrogance at least not yet so she was unlikely to generate a new phantom for a little while. It seemed that this had worked out just how Azani had wanted positivity replacing the negativity, yes it powered up a phantom some, but at least that one could think and hold to her word. Today would be a good day for Azani, now with any luck they would be left alone, no more calls.

" Well that worked out well enough now then how about we head out and relax i know some nice hotels to stay in" Azani said not having a shrine she tended to go form hotel to hotel knowing enough managers and owners to get rooms with few questions and they were nice rooms.

InemaruLocation: City Streets near Maruyama Park, Kyoto | Date: April 1st, 2030 | Time: 4:40pm | Mentions: Phayne Phayne
555d7c714420049308b4218cca8e8e0e.jpg

The Phantom towered at the size of a small home, its large, grotesque, salamander-resembling figure decorated with eyeballs. From the park to the somewhat isolated streets of Kyoto, it had grown in size a bit. There was no doubt that it had consumed some smaller Phantoms during the chase. But now that Inemaru stood in front of its range, it wanted to consume the god just like how the entity wanted to consume a hot dog. He glanced to the background and watched as Shiro threw away the hot dog he had been eating. "Shiro," Inemaru breathed out as he backflipped from another attack the Phantom threw towards him, "You, you threw away your hot dog. For me." If the god of justice had been experiencing any sliver of doubt that his Regalia was his best companion, it vanished the second he saw the hot dog touching the ground.

It was always a spectacle to witness as Shiro transformed into his vessel form, however, Inemaru had been dancing around the Phantom, jumping off railings and benches as he avoided its slimy feet. He wanted to make sure that all its attention was on him while Shiro caught up, but it did not take the shimmering, white beast to bulldoze the Phantom down. A cry echoed the sky as the monster was knocked off balance and away from the duo. Inemaru looked over to Shiro, "I saw what you did back there. I could've given you plenty of time to finish the hot dog. After this, I'll treat you to some ice cream." The god had to finish his words short as the Phantom had returned back onto its feet and was turning its whole body quickly, the tail lowered to aim at the Shinki close by.

"Shiro, let's lead it to a more open area," Inemaru climbed onto Shiro and looked over to the Phantom. While he appreciated Shiro, there were times where his hands itched for a handheld weapon Shinki. But for the time they've been together, Inemaru and Shiro have made it work. The Regalia himself was quite strong so most encounters were not an issue. But Inemaru could tell that this Phantom was one that would take some effort.

Date
Time: 3:22 pm​

Phantom (Pride)

"It was done rather well indeed. Please don't be afraid to hold back and shower me in the praise that I deserve" the phantom said with a rather smug smile. Her wings twitched eagerly in anticipation of the oncoming feast to her ego. Thanks to the small feast that was given to her by Kozumi, Kuro-Kyogi was quite energized which made her even more prideful then usual. At the mention of a hotel, Kuro-Kyogi put a finger to her chin in thought, Had she ever actually cared enough to stay in one. Sure she had been to a few fancy ones while feasting on some upper class schmuck, but she had never really stuck around to enjoy her leisure in one. This deal was getting better and better.

Though these interactions did prove something to Kuro-Kyogi. This goddess really didn't have a shrine. The only reason the phantom could see for a goddess staying in hotels and her followers contacting her via spooky summing was that she was in fact shrine less. That was weird. A god who told the truth and wasn't afraid of sending children to Yomi. Why if anyone had told the phantom that morning that she would meet a god like the one standing before her... well she probably would have cut you down for even involving her name in such a outrageous joke. Yet none of this was a joke.

With a sigh she stood straight up and cleared her throat. "I must rectify a few errors I may or may not have made earlier. I vaguely remember using the words vermin, rats, and jester to describe you. I misspoke. You are much more valuable then that." The phantom grabbed for her fan and began to wave it in front of her face. She did not like having to admit that she was wrong, but even the proud must admit their faults when they are so obvious that the blind could see them. Plus it would have been worse if those faults were pointed out by someone else rather then herself. "Though you are not as magnificent as myself of course! Come! Off we go towards the finest of establishments you know of!" The phantom declared rather loudly.

Time: 3:30 pm​

Rika Murakami (Human)

250px-SCSakuya.png

Pen diligently recording every word the teacher spoke, Rika kept her eyes on her notes though her mind was far from the lecture. She couldn’t tell which bothered her more—the large jellyfish clinging onto Kenji’s back or the stranger that had casually strolled into their classroom sometime after lunch and remained there ever since. A kid from another classroom? A transfer student? Rika had no idea, but it was odd to say the least. Blue hair made him look like a delinquent and his golden eyes swept the classroom with a decidedly bored look before landing on the jellyfish, making it obvious that he could see the same things she did. Even more peculiar was the fact no one called him out for it. Not the teacher nor the other students. He just stood wordlessly at the back of the room, arms folded and shoulder blades rested against the wall as if he always belonged—like he had every right to be there.

Was he a spirit like Tatsume? Like Momo?

Rika might’ve asked Hirai about it, but the self-proclaimed detective wasn’t talking to her. Truthfully, Ryotaro seemed a bit exhausted as well. What was he doing last night that left him so sleep-deprived? Could he really drive away a phantom in that state? Frowning worriedly, Rika crossed out the doodle she’d unconsciously drawn in her notebook due to her lack of focus and resolved to concentrate on the task at hand.

Better that then worry endlessly about the events to come.

Sighing when class finally ended, Rika closed her notebook and slipped it into her backpack just as Hirai passed her with a wink. Rika rolled her eyes. Right. The plan. Glancing back briefly to check on the stranger in the classroom, Rika was surprised to find that he was no longer there, but simply shook her head, clapped her face, and directed her gaze to the main target. Getting distracted wouldn’t do her any good. Plan was a nice word, but simple truth was that she had none. She had a goal. Get Kenji to the track and field area. As for how that was done…well…she’d just have to wing it.

Closing her bag, Rika took a deep breath before slinging it over her shoulder and intercepting the gloomy-looking boy as he entered the halls. “Kenji-kun!”

Rika paused as dull, distrustful eyes turned towards her. What now? “I—can we talk?”

S-S-S-m-e-l-l-s N-i-C-e, S-m-e-l-l-s N-i-C-e, S-m-e-l-l-s N-i-C-e

“…about what?”

Keeping her gaze averted from the jellyfish, Rika continued. “Not here. Somewhere where we can talk alone.” When the boy seemed to hesitate, Rika grabbed his hands in hers and added. “Please?”

The hand-grabbing was actually to ensure the target didn’t escape when it came down to it. Fortunately, she was met with a reluctant nod.

Location: Shirotome High rooftop overlooking field, Kyoto City

schoolyard-by-scarletgreen.jpg

Ryuujin (NPC- God of the sea)

kamigami-no-asobi-hades-loki-loki-png-clip-art-thumbnail.png

From the roof of Shirotome High’s school building, Ryuujin had a clear view both the track and field and the human girl that led the possessed human down the stairs towards it. Protection requests were actually a bit more difficult to handle than a simple extermination request in the sense that he had to ensure the safety of the fragile humans involved. And, since he had no idea what the Ryotaro boy was planning, or when exactly the two kids planned to execute whatever sorcery they intended to pull, it was necessary to show up a little early. He gained nothing if they died, after all, though it wasn’t like he gained anything by saving the possessed human either.

Humans that were once possessed couldn’t even become proper regalia when they die. They’d likely only add to the phantom population. Not that the lives of humans, which were fairly short to begin with, mattered all that much in the long scheme of things. He’d get a bit of a nagging from Heaven if he accidently drowned a human or sank a ship or two, but that was it. As one of the rulers of the seas, and one of the more powerful, established gods in Japan, they wouldn’t pick a fight with him unless absolutely necessary.

Fights between gods do sometimes beget storms on earth, after all.

No, what motivated Ryuujin to assist wasn’t deep care towards a human life, or even doing a good deed, but simple curiosity. He wanted to know the extent of the abilities of the human that tried to barter with a god. Ryotaro spoke respectfully when he made the deal, certainly, but there were undoubtedly hints of arrogance beneath the carefully crafted words as well. Ryuujin grinned.

“You seem to be enjoying yourself, Milord.” Opening the door to the roof, Uroko approached his lord and handed his god a fish-shaped pastry he’d obtained from the school’s cafeteria. “Did you get a good look at the phantom?”

“Yeah.”
Ryuujin munched on the taiyaki as he peered down at three kids from above--Ryotaro, the girl, and the possessed boy with a jellyfish phantom straddling him. “Though he’s changed, it’s most likely the one we’re looking for.” Funny coincidence. “Don’t hesitate.”

“I won’t,”
Uroko replied indifferently, his gaze following that of his master’s. “I’ve confirmed the presence of another god in this building as well. Your orders?”

“Hm, nothing.”
Swallowing, Ryuujin licked his fingers as he finished the fish-pastry. “Small fries don’t matter.”

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
d802ac684e32c1ea05e5b199247a2c7a.png

~Regalia~
Maruyama Park // Date: 01/04/2030 // Time: 4:35pm // Mentions: Inemaru Life. Life.

656088.jpg

A bright glimmer shimmered across each of Shiro's irises at the mention of Ice-cream, the icy cold delicacy more than enough incentive for the fox like spirit to take things into overdrive and get this most recent nuisance out of the way asap. Between a hot dog and an ice cream, there was a clear winner in Shiro's eyes; the creamy ice cold touch of vanilla upon his tongue being a small taste of what heaven must be like, especially on days where the weather was just a tad too hot to deal with. With a small bounce to his step, the white haired beast made his way over to Inemaru, the fox like regalia keepings its eyes fixed upon the current menace that was still recovering from the initial impact; its greusome eye encrusted tail raised upward as if readying a strike towards the duo; a futile attempt at retaliation considering the pair of them could easily evade an attack they were aware off.

Shiro gave a quick nod upon Inemaru's instructions, the Shinki lowering himself slightly so as to allow him to ease up onto his back. All the while, Shiro had remained focused upon the lumbering Phantom, watching its every move with great care. Like a predator fixed upon its prey, Shiro did not allow for any movement to go unnoticed as he studied its movements, all the while looking for an opening to counter. With his body tensing with each passing second, the diving beast followed through with the command, his tail lashing out towards the phantom in a taunting manner before the white spirit turned tail and began to head for open space; the phantom taking the bait as it fell for the feint. With a loud gargled roar, the salamander esque phantom began to chase, its speed no match for the fox like entity that sped ahead; taunting the monstrosity every now and then as his tail lashed towards the beast.

Like a game of cat and mouse, the trio flew through the various streets and alleyways, making their way towards a battleground befitting the combat that would soon ensue.
.​

Time: 3:35 p.m.​

Ryotaro Hirai
Ryo's eyes were glued to the mass of remnants swirling around the top of the school. Smiling at the distant god, he gave a small wave before turning his attention back to the track. This was the best location to settle things. Nobody would disturb them here, and Ryuujin was in the perfect spot to watch them from. Standing in a place made for athletes to test themselves against each other made him feel energized, eliminating all the fatigue from his body. In a way, this would be a competition for all parties involved.

When Murakami and Kenji finally arrived, Ryo motioned for his accomplice to distance herself a bit. If she was further away from the phantom, it would be easier for Ryuujin to protect her if things went wrong. However, he didn't have the luxury of standing where it was safest. Instead of shrinking away from the creature attached to his classmate's back, he got closer. Hearing the crunch of the grass beneath his feet, he watched for any sudden movements as he greeted the boy. "Sorry to have Murakami call you all the way out here, Kenji. I wanted to talk to you about something, but it's kinda personal, so I didn't want anyone else listening."

"Talk? With me?" He saw confusion on the boy's face as he looked between him and the girl who asked for this meeting. It was the reaction he expected. The two of them hadn't interacted much, so it was strange that he'd want to talk about something personal.

"Yeah. Although, it's not personal for me. It has to do with you." While speaking naturally, he watched for any minor changes in Kenji. With sharp eyes, he looked for any changes in his expression, posture, and voice. All of this was important to understanding him and knowing how to move forward. "You're tired, aren't you?"

It was a simple question, but the way he said it implied something else. Because of that, there was a small but noticeable change. He saw the boy's tired eyes widen a bit, but that wasn't all. There was a slight tremble in his voice, as if he was holding back his initial reaction. It let him know he had hit his mark.

"What are you talking about?"

That was a fair question. It seemed like a strange thing to ask, especially after he went through the trouble of getting him to come here. He suddenly hit Kenji with something unexpected and troublesome. He could tell that he was starting to feel uncomfortable. The jellyfish on his back was squirming, as if it was feeding on the emotions that were starting to stir. Ryo took note of that, but he continued.

"I noticed how exhausted you've looked lately. You have dark circles under your eyes from sleepless nights, and your back is hunched over from studying at your desk all day. You're so anxious during class that you can't stop shaking your legs. It's pretty easy to guess why. It's a tough time for all of us right now. In just one year, we'll be taking entrance exams for college and making decisions that'll affect the rest of our lives. It's stressful stuff." The phantom squirmed even more, letting him know that everything he said was the truth. One of the reasons why it was so hard to get information on Kenji was that he spent so much time in places he couldn't see him, studying for hours without speaking to anyone.

"I'm in the same boat. I can't even count the number of times I've gone without sleep because I was busy dealing with something stressful, feeling like I'd crash at any moment. Kinda unfair that we have to put up with stuff like this at our age, huh? You might even feel like cursing the world for putting us in situations like these."

The phantom only squirmed more, and Kenji's face seemed almost pained. He was having all of his troubles exposed, and someone he barely knew was the one putting everything in the open. He must've been trying to quietly deal with things on his own, but that clearly hadn't worked out for him. His weakness was still discovered, and it even attracted the attention of something that enjoyed feeding on said weakness. Even if he tried putting up with worry and frustration, things were only getting worse for him. He couldn't hide those things any longer.

"So what? What do you want fr-" The loud voice was cut off as a hand fell on his shoulder. Dangerously close to touching the toxic body of the tainted spirit, Ryo's bandaged hand lightly squeezed the boy's heavy shoulders. It was a friendly gesture, one that let him know Ryo wasn't finished speaking.

"However, even if we don't always get to choose what struggles we go through, we get to decide whether we go through them alone." Even if the plan worked and they were able to get rid of the phantom, it wouldn't solve Kenji's problem. An exorcism alone wouldn't do anything about his unresolved issues. There would still be negative emotions in his heart, and they would attract even more phantoms. It would be an endless cycle, repeating until there was nothing left of him but negativity. That's why he had to face his feelings now. He had to face the things holding him back, but it was clear that he couldn't do it alone. That's why Ryo had to get closer to him. If Kenji stumbled, he'd be there to help him get back on his feet.

"If there's people out there who are going through the same problems as us, don't you think we should lean on each other? If you don't think there's anyone like that out there for you, then you can start by leaning on me. I know we don't know each other too well, but I understand. I'm human, so I understand. We face the same hurdles and feel the same pain. Because we can be weak, we can be each other's strength." He wanted to understand everything, and his ability to understand was his strength. "Sounds kinda nice, doesn't it? Like something out of an anime."

Reaching into his bag, Ryo quickly pulled out an ivory-colored item and held it out toward Kenji. "Take this. It's a dreamcatcher. Like I said, I've been having trouble sleeping, so I've got one back at home. I thought you could use one too. It's supposed to be a charm that protects you from nightmares, evil spirits, and all kinds of bad stuff that makes it hard to sleep. Even if you don't believe in that kind of thing, you can just think of it as a gift from me." It took a lot of work for him to turn that pile of bones into something presentable. He spent hours cutting and wrapping, so he didn't get much sleep. Still, he was pretty proud of the result. In his opinion, it wouldn't look out of place in an actual store.

"If that's not enough, I can help out in other ways. I run a tutoring business, and I guarantee better results than you'd get from studying at any cram school. I'll even give you a good deal. Consider it a friend discount." The smile remained on his face as he held out the dreamcatcher. There was an extra step involved this time, but he was handling this how he often did. He couldn't slay phantoms like a god, but he could help people deal with the negativity that attracted them. He was human, so he understood those emotions very well.

Kenji stayed quiet for a long time, his eyes wide and mouth open. It was a lot to take in. He was fixed in place, both body and expression frozen. Eventually, he finally moved, hands slowly reaching for the item Ryo offered. Reluctantly, he took hold of the charm, staring at it closely before looking back to the boasting tutor. "You're still gonna charge me after all that?"

The response earned a bit of laughter as Ryo hung his head. "I'm in a rough spot too. I promise that the price is fair, so go easy on me, will ya?" Looking up, he saw Kenji's expression change once again. While he still looked tired, he could see a bit of light return to his eyes as his lips curved upwards. The previously quavering voice sounded lighter as a laugh worked its way out. It was nothing major, but those were undoubtedly the signs of a positive change. It was made even more obvious by the jellyfish's movements, which seemed more tame now that the flood of negativity flowing into its body had stopped.

As Ryo let go of the dreamcatcher, he gave his full attention to the phantom. He wasn't just dealing with Kenji's negativity right now. This was a charm for both of them. While it was in Kenji's hands, the feeling was what really mattered. Rather than a physical offering, the feelings associated with it were key to resolving this. Poor spirit, take this offering to mend your broken body and heal your tainted soul. Nourish yourself with positivity as you become whole once again. The jellyfish had its bones back. If Kenji could find peace in what he offered him, he hoped the jellyfish could do the same.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Date: 02 April 2030
Time: 1230pm
Ametaru (Regalia)
00B1A412-5839-42B7-AFE6-41D7E1F3C008.jpeg
Ametaru strode past the various shops and stands casually nibbling away at a two separate sticks of pocky as she perused the vast assortment of goods on display behind the glass window frame like portals to another realm where money bought your happiness.
When she was alive this kind of interaction still occurred sure, just not in such a grandiose setting. It was more from trading with traveling traders and usually only for food or clothing materials and tools.
Today humans had grown out of the custom of surviving and fought for much more needless concerns.
Not that she remembered much of her past life anymore, living for many centuries in the afterlife she had replaced many memories with the ones she knew before.
Finishing the snack she crumpled the cardboard packaging and tossed it into a nearby bin without even looking and pulled out the credit card peering over it’s raised typing.
The Nora flicked it between her fingers before clasping her hand around it and smiling.
“When in Rome I guess, shopping spree start!”

She muttered happily heading into a store and beginning to look over various items.
First she looked at clothes, then the food court her eyes widening at the amount of choices available squealing inwardly eating some takoyaki a treat she had not had in some time.
Now she was on a side street
assisting an old lady across the bustling streets.

And getting patted on the head for being a good girl. Which irked the girl as she did not prefer her hair being touched but she let it slide.
Time passing by as she now stood before a mirror trying on various outfits at a department store twirling and posing every time sliding the changing curtain from her “flawless” transitions.
Most people not noticing the spirit enjoying herself but a couple kids looking terrified and squeezing their mothers hands trying to point out the sliding curtain that moved on its owned.
Now she was back at the food court getting another item she missed a ramune flavored popsicle. Her attention being swung from the delicious dessert as it hung from her mouth the small wooden stick revealing a fortune to which she blushed bright red as it foretold
あなたは崇拝者が続いています
- A secret Admirer is following you-
The young woman looking around wildly for this fortune to be true only to find to her aggravation as she irritably pouted when a phantom cling to a building side “admiring” her for her ability to be eaten. Ame sighed and then was at full tilt sprinting along the streets passed the district towards a park trying to lose the admiring phantom that was on pursuit.
The regalia looking exhausted after having lost the ayakashi her chest heaving trying to find her breath again. Her mouth moving forming the words
“So creepy, you have got to be kidding me”
Once more at the shopping district the female was checking out accessories this time finding a cute pair of wristlets and a charm that made her eyes light up as it reminded her of something she once cared for.
Walking over the bypass toward the opposite side of the district she smiled inspecting her purchased jewelry in the sunlight the small painters easel charm that dangled and glistened it’s colors proudly from her wrist.
Her eyes scanning from the purchase to the clouds that began seeming especially stormy.
Her smile fading to one of serious intentions but as the wind blew from behind her she shook the thoughts away.
She could help later.
Ame could be seen visiting various old shrines and historic locations that she missed and had not seen in so long even seeing some old acquaintances along the way.
The sizzling of the grill as her white hair edged up from the horizon that was the stall her crystalline eyes settling on the new food she had found apparently a mainstay in the America’s these days.
She bought two, and enjoyed them happily.
The girl played by the park where she had come the first time she saw Ude and a few others just before the Celestial rite.
The same child’s eyes gaping in horror as she saw the swing moving by itself now urgently tugging her mother who paid it no mind despite the child’s frantic urgings, which made Ame giggle from her spot on the swing set.
She then jumped off at max height letting her body sail through the wind a bit landing at a running start toward the next location.
Enjoying another popsicle this one in a small cup that gave useful sayings on the bottom of the lid.
This one reading
時々あなたが失ったと思ったことはあなたのすぐ後ろにあります
-Sometimes what you thought you lost is just behind you-
Ame’s shoulders shuddering as she slowly turned her face to fall on the phantom from earlier breathing down her neck as she screamed and started running again the sun beginning its descent as she ran back across the bypass the phantom hot on her heels the girl waving borderlines at it to get it away from her frantically.
Having lost to the Nora the phantom underneath her heel she stamped on it a few times before kicking it off the road they had fought on as it curtailed it out of sight screeching defiantly as it ran.
An eyebrow raised she sighed turning to the rest of her day which consisted of a few more stops through various stores and finally settling at a fountain where she dipped her feet into the cool water bracing herself as she let the music flow from the Jpod she had purchased and had been listening to but the serenade dulled and ended as she removed the headphone noticing something through the waters curtain. The girl stood and walked the outer edge before squatting down cupping her hands around the small floating flake of a spirit that had yet to be named.
“So you like it here to, my name is Ame. Don’t worry I know just where to take you, your safe now...everything is alright”

The Nora offered warmly gently scooping the spirit into her hoodie pocket before replacing the shoes on her feet and setting off toward the office of the one place that took in lost spirits in the effort of getting them to a deserving god.
The SSA.
-end shopping spree-

mentions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Phayne Phayne Life. Life.

Last edited:
Location: Shirotome High rooftop overlooking field, Kyoto City
Time: 3:35 pm​

Ryuujin (God of the sea) + Uroko (Regalia)

kamigami-no-asobi-hades-loki-loki-png-clip-art-thumbnail.png

As soon as Kenji’s finger’s touched the ivory, bone-woven dreamcatcher, yellow electricity— of the spiritual kind—traveled along the boy’s body, stunning the jellyfish phantom and creating a barrier to prevent further possession. The creature writhed. No matter deeply the tentacles tried to reach, to encase the human in its deadly embrace, the phantom found itself unable to touch the human without being stung. Kenji’s laughter was final straw that forced the black jellyfish to unwind from the human and slide off.

HuRTs…NoT mY FaULT! NoT mY FaULt!

Ryuujin watched the events bellow with bemusement. “For a human from this era, that wasn’t half bad.”

“I don’t understand, Ryuujin-sama. What was that object Ryotaro gave his classmate?”

“Something to believe in.”

“Come again?”

“I forgot you’re fairly new and don’t have much exposure to these sort of invocations,”
Ryuujin scratched his head. Explaining things wasn’t his forte. “Chisako explained to you how gods are born, yes?”

“Yes.”

“Well, this isn’t too far off. Living humans put their faith in all kinds of things back in the old days. Water. Trees. Rocks. Random trinkets or knickknacks. When enough feelings or wishes are put into it, it can gain a sort of power.”

“…Are you saying that thing is a god?”

Ryuujin barked a laugh. “No. Takes a lot more power than that to make a god, but the concept’s the same. I’d say it’s more like a lucky sock or a toy made to ward off malicious spirits. But that sort of thing requires actual, true belief in the possibility to work. Those that can see us, or those closely intertwined with our world, have an easier time utilizing that sort of power ‘cause it’s easier to truly believe what you can see. Even then, it depends on the strength of the spirit. I honestly didn’t expect the kid to be able to make something like that—especially one so young and still alive. Maybe that ‘divine eye’ of his actually has some merit after all.”

uroko_sama__forever_a_wip__by_deathclaw25_d8ebdjr-350t.jpg
“Towako doesn’t seem to like it very much.”
Uroko observed.

“Don’t call it by that name!” Ryuujin growled, directing a glare at his regalia. “I've already released it! It’s nothing more than a mere phantom now—a loose end that needs to be tied up!”

“Yes…”
Glancing down at the form of his former companion who had crossed the line and betrayed their master, Uroko couldn’t tell if the phantom would have been happier to be left alone or freed from its ever-wandering misery. There was no returning for the dead that have lost their way. It would be a lie to say that Uroko didn’t feel any pity at all. He even felt a bit sad at having to put down someone he’d once worked with. However, his loyalty to his master and the god that named him was far greater. “I know.”

“If you’re going to cry about this, I’ll bring someone else.”

“I told you I won’t hesitate, Milord.”
Better him than anyone else. “But I have to ask…is that normal?”

“Wha—?”

Uroko pointed to the black jellyfish that glowed.

Rika Murakami (Human)

250px-SCSakuya.png

Rika couldn’t make heads or tails of what was going on.

Obediently taking a step back at the indication to do so, she was glad that Ryotaro had taken over with the talking when they arrived at the field since she wasn’t entirely sure what to say to Kenji. He was quiet. Difficult to talk to…and they didn’t really have anything in common. Compared to her, Hirai didn’t seem to have any problems though. He had a lot to say. Seemed aware of all of Kenji’s troubles. Then he gave Kenji a…dreamcatcher?...and she could see the sparks that drove the phantom to release Kenji.

HuRTs…NoT mY FaULT! NoT mY FaULt!

“Yes! Whatever you gave him, I think it’s working!”

Then the winds picked up. The phantom seemed to writhe, struggling with something, as it glowed.

NoT mY FaULT! NoT mY FaULt! NoT mY FaULT! HuRTs! HuRTs! HuRTs!HuRTs!HuRTs
1534d72418735563f16433a84b55453ca9a742c3_hq.jpg

“Or not.” A bad feeling settled in Rika’s chest as the elation of successfully driving the phantom off Kenji evaporated. The phantom was still dangerously close to Kenji and Ryotaro. Was it angry at the bone offering? Would it explode? “Get away from it!”

Above them more phantoms swirled, seeming agitated as they gather at the school—their massive bodies blocking out the light of the sun.

When glowing finally stopped and the winds died, a man with long silver/gray hair stood in front of Kenji and Ryotaro—line drawn to separate the two from the source of the chaos. A strangely dressed figure adorned in loose, navy blue clothing and scale-like tatoos. Rika blinked, rubbing her eyes to make sure she wasn’t seeing things. On the other side of the light barrier was…another person with similar colored hair and yellow scarf.

The jellyfish phantom was nowhere in sight.

It took half a second before Rika finally found her voice. “W-What the hell is going on?” She looked to Ryotaro since he was the one in charge of the exorcism and was the only one she expected to give her a straight answer. She doubted Kenji would know. As for the other two, they were strangers…and she got a frightening feeling from both of them. "Where's the phantom? Is it gone?"

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Time: 3:36 pm

As it had turned out Azani had several more calls before the day was really out where Kuro could show offer her usefulness and get a few meals before bed time. It would turn out Azani had not only money, but contacts in many places, after all what was eternal punishment if you could get ahead of your rivals? The room had been resplendent and had of course had two beds as while the two of them had come a little closer Azani was not another to sleep in the same bed with Kuro. In the morning Azani would show how she got offerings without a shrine and it was rather simple, she had a p.o box at several offices each of which could revive various areas offerings. This meant no matter where Azani was she was never to far from a stash of cash it also meant she didn't need to carry it all on her all the time. Still it was good to carry a few hundred thousand on her just in case.

Today there had been little work and nothing special had happened, till Azani and Kuro had been summed by a school boy. He was a rather intelligent looking one at that, the classic bowl cut and eyes obscuring glasses. he looked like some stereotype of the over achieving nerd brought to life. This in truth Amused Azani more than anything and the darkness he held truly was that of the most toxic kind of arrogance. He had always been a star student, always the top and never failing. that was until he met her Suda Kiyomi his latest homeroom teacher. She had by his story unfairly targeted him and thus he for once was failing. This story true or not didn't matter to Azani, but what did was the audacity of the boy to summon her in the school not long after classes as if he couldn't even wait to get home to take vengeance. Well it made things so much easier as now she wouldn't have to move through Yomi or walk far.

There however had been one thing Azani could not count on, another god, that might make things hard as they would not understand how a phantom could be useful. Well she would cross that bridge when she got it as right now she had a target to get. When the customer didn't have directions Azani tended to just kind of know where to go more or less. It was not something she could explain as it was almost instinct and why would she bother to think to hard on something so mostly helpful. Still the presence of a god was not the only thing that gave Azani pause as the sky outside darkened as lesser phantoms gathered around some humans. While this might normally just mean they were going to die instead the phantoms changed, one changed and grew becoming something new. A new greater phantom had been born, that was an odd birth.

" So that how you were born as well Kuro?"Azani asked her companion who had already gotten to eat the pride of the little schoolboy. " Because if it is you guys have gods beat out in the dramatic birth category"

hibiya_clearfile_nobg.png

Yuuken {Regalia}

Time: 3:37 PM
Mentions: Mera Mera MrThe MrThe

He wasn't sure why his lady had such an interest in this seemingly mortal girl. He did his best not to question her motives and went along like he was meant to do. Of course, he was worried about the air of tension around her. It was a sign that something was bothering her, or he could be completely one-hundred percent wrong and be pulling observations out of thin air that didn't mean jack. Yuuken was sure that there was a method for Hasuna's actions and it was his job as her regalia to follow her, even if the woman she took interest in was looking at them like they had three heads.

He sat down at the table and mumbled a thank you to Hasuna for the hotdog. He took a bite and watched the conversation with a clear expression. The cynical side of him wanted to ask Hasuna if they could leave. It was clear that this woman wasn't going to believe them even if they spoon-fed her all the facts in the world. Though the more mellow side was saying that thoughts like that were only harmful in the end. So he let out a sigh and placed the hot dog down on the colorful plate. His lips quirked into a frown and he scratched at his cheek. He only looked over when he saw the girl scrutinizing him with a glare. He narrowed his eyes and stared right back at her.

Then she asked if he was a god and he almost choked on the air.

"No, I'm far from a god,"
he said and laced his fingers together and placed them on the table. How would he explain this?

"My name is Yuuken, I'm a regalia or a servant of the gods. Lady Hasuna is my mistress." Yuuken said and gave a terse smile. That harsh glare she was giving him earned her no niceties from him.

Time: 3:30 p.m.
Ryotaro Hirai

He didn't feel fear or satisfaction. As the wind cut his skin like razors, he looked at the result in silence. One moment was all he needed to come to a decision. He already had a thought in his head and a feeling in his gut. Instead of allowing surprise to show on his face, he forced himself to smile. It wasn't for his own benefit, but for the sake of those around him. Grinning was inappropriate, but it was all he could do.

Throwing an arm around Kenji's shoulders, he started walking the boy to the exit, acting as if the scene behind him didn't exist. There wasn't a single reaction from him, acting no different from an ordinary human who wasn't aware of the other world. He simply smiled and spoke with cheer in his voice. "With that settled, let's talk about your schedule and what days you have open."

"R-Right now?"

"I'm a busy guy, so it's important that I plan things in advance. Speaking of which..." Walking over to the girl who stood a safe distance away from the boundary line, he grabbed her hand and pulled her toward the exit with Kenji. "I need to speak with Murakami as well. She's not great at math either, so I need to start teaching her as soon as possible?"

"Really? That's surprising."

"Ain't it? I guess she only has judo on the brain." Gripping her hand a little tighter, he faced her with the same smile he gave Kenji. Without saying anything to worry the boy who couldn't see or hear what they did, he tried to let her know that they couldn't stay here. "Please don't flip me. I bruise easily."

As he joked and led his classmates away from the field, he looked back at Uroko. Bowing his head slightly, he showed gratitude toward the spirit who protected them. This was no longer a situation humans should involve themselves in. At this point, their presence would only be a hindrance. All he could do was let Ryuujin uphold his promise.

Time: 4:00 p.m.​

Ryo waited until Kenji was inside before he explained the situation to Murakami. When he was done talking, he leaned against the stone wall and let out a deep breath as he started to slide down, feeling a large weight push him to the ground. He couldn't stop thinking about the jellyfish. It may have changed its appearance, but it was still a phantom. The remnants that flowed from its body were mostly the same, but there was something else mixed in now. It reminded him of Uroko and the other spirits who served as Ryuujin's equipment. That wasn't the only thing they had in common. Before leaving, he noticed they shared a number of physical traits. After seeing that, he could only come to one conclusion.

There were too many thoughts in his head right now. It felt like he'd get a migraine at any second, but he just kept thinking. His brain wouldn't give him a break. The reaction from the dreamcatcher proved that it was necessary to save Kenji. However, it turned out to be a double-edged sword. Maybe I could've figured something else out if I spent more time planning. Time? No, the phantom was growing too fast. If I had waited another day, Kenji would've succumbed to its influence. That might have been avoidable if I just asked Ryuujin to slay the phantom right away instead, but that wouldn't have done anything about his negativity. Wait, aren't I just assuming that gods don't have a way to deal with that as well? On the other hand, I'm also assuming that this wouldn't have happened if Ryuujin confronted the jellyfish first. It's possible that the emotional reaction from their meeting would've led to the same result. There are too many gaps in my knowledge to come to a proper conclusion. He continued debating with himself for a while longer, going back and forth with the sides of himself that couldn't reach an agreement. Eventually, the internal argument came to an end when he found an answer. He decided to accept things as they were. There was no point in worrying about something he couldn't do anything about. He just had to accept the results and the role he played. The important thing was what he decided to do from this point.

Standing straight, Ryo got in a few good stretches before facing Murakami. "I'm going to try increasing the security around here. Based on what I saw, the dreamcatcher is definitely effective against the phantom, but I want to make sure he'll be safe. After I'm done, I'll head to the hotel and wait for Ryuujin. He said he'd be staying there for a few days, so that's the best place to go if I want to speak with him again. Ah, you don't have to go with me if you'd rather sit this one out. I'm the one who made a mistake, so you don't have any obligation to go. Kenji's getting some much needed rest right now, so you can do the same. If you're still feeling worried, I'd recommend spending some time at a shrine or even my office. Those spots should be safer than most places, but I understand if you don't trust my judgement right now."

Taking out a small bottle from his bag, Ryo grabbed one of the tiny pills inside and swallowed it. It was a good thing he kept aspirin to deal with the side effects of his Divine Eye. The lack of sleep and the current situation were starting to give him a headache. However, he maintained his smile. "But what should I do when I see him? Ryuujin might be pretty upset. What if he decides to smite me? That's a scary thought." He joked to relieve some of the tension Murakami may have felt, but that was something he actually considered.

He left the field immediately to keep the others safe and get out of Ryuujin's way, so he wasn't sure how that conflict ended. He didn't know anything about that type of phantom, so he couldn't be certain if that transformation was bad. However, his gut told him it was dangerous. Even if this would've happened if Ryuujin confronted the jellyfish by himself, the reality was that it was caused by the dreamcatcher's influence. He played a role in that phantom's birth. There would be consequences. Ryuujin's wrath was one thing, but there was a lot more to consider.

He already made the decision to not use this method of exorcism again. Charms would undoubtedly be useful in the future, but he wouldn't use ones that could potentially cause emotional reactions in phantoms. Even if the person being harmed was saved, that method carried too many risks. This was what he decided, but it probably wouldn't mean much. Even if he never did this again, he still had the knowledge. He had the potential to transform more phantoms if he chose to do so. He wouldn't be surprised if a god thought a human like him was too dangerous to let run around. Knowing that risk, he still planned to meet with Ryuujin again. He already made up his mind. Humans weren't perfect. It was natural for them to make mistakes. However, many never take responsibility for their actions. He couldn't be like that. He wouldn't look away from this.

As he zipped up his bag, Ryo's smile became softer. "Make no mistake, you did the right thing. If you hadn't helped, Kenji would still be suffering. He wouldn't have been able to laugh again. Today, you saved someone only you could save. You did something good by deciding to not look away. Thanks for your hard work, Murakami." While he was trying to get rid of her worry and help deal with potential mixed feelings, he also wanted to limit her involvement. She was unaware of the part that caused the problem, and her only role was to bring Kenji to the field. If Ryuujin was angered by all of this, Murakami wouldn't have to take any responsibility. However, her involvement was important when it came to helping Kenji, so he didn't want her to forget that. They split the work, so they could split responsibility for the result. She'd get the half where a life was saved, and he'd get the half where there was a worrying, yet unavoidable side effect. She was responsible for the good things, but she wasn't responsible for the bad things. That's how he wanted it to be. She made a decision to change for the better, so he couldn't let her regret it. If she decided to cut ties with him, he didn't want her to go back to ignoring the things that were right in front of her.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 3: 36 pm​
Kami_X (God of Hackers)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

“Oh, I don’t know about that. I heard when Ryuujin was born—or reborn—the sea shook and turned to welcome him. Might just depend on the god.” From the smartphone of the little school boy with a bowl cut—who was currently having his immense pride being leeched off of by a phantom—, a red-haired figure wearing striped glasses of his own emerged. Arms, then head, then legs appeared as Kami_X crawled out of the digital device. Cracking his neck, Kami_X sighed. Being woken from his afternoon nap by a harpy of a ghost was no fun. However, it was because the harpy ghost actually came to him of all people that Kami_X bothered moving at all. He knew for a fact that Pinky hated men. Feared them to degree. Therefore, if the ghost had been desperate enough to go to him despite his gender, it was likely something important. “Greetings Azani-sama~Which idiot at this school summoned you today?”

Did it have to do with the goddess of grudges and vengeance?

All he managed to hear was that a boy had driven her friend Rika Murakami to idiocy. He knew of the girl of course. He’d lived in the school for some years now. He had also hacked into the student records so he had a good idea of all the students that enrolled in the school—as well as their secrets—should it ever be needed. However, whether she knew him was an entirely different matter. They’d interacted several times because he was aware that she had a degree of spiritual power. Casual bumps. Picked up an eraser here and there. However, whether any of that made any lasting impact was yet to be seen. With most humans, he was nothing more than a faceless stranger.

One of the many students.

They’d remember being interacted with. They’d remember being helped. However, his identity and name would eventually fade from their minds. They’d then fill it up the missing pieces themselves with something more sensical as was their nature. Even the ones with better sight would sometimes rather believe they were crazy than in the existence of gods. They were living beings after all. They had their own lives to live and weren’t ready to cross yet. Sumiko-chan as well. That was why, even though he did make attempts at gaining followers, he wasn’t entirely hopeful about her memory. If she remembered him she would call him. If she didn’t, or if he was unneeded, she wouldn’t. It was as simple as that.

“Please don’t tell me it’s someone from the computer club. I don’t have enough followers to afford the loss.”

It wasn’t. He’d recognize them if they were.

Yawning, Kami_X straightened his glasses as he stepped into the hall and peered out the school window. Quite the stormy day. Phantom storm that is. Fortunately the ‘boy that had driven Rika to idiocy’ had enough sense to lead the other two humans away from the danger. Less work for him. Ryuujin could take care of the rest. Probably. Not much he could do about it since not only did he not have a weapon, he did not have those peerless abs the dragon god possessed.

Whoever said all gods were born equal spoke a downright lie.

Gods like him who weren’t born with a sword in hand as babies had to actually train to get to that level. And, even if he did undergo some diligent level of martial training for 100+ years—which he hadn’t—he doubted he could compare to the ones that were simply born to fight. Certainly he had the innate superhuman capabilities most spiritual beings possessed, but he was by no means winning a godly bench pressing competition anytime soon. Heck, some humans were able to impress him with some of the stunts they were able to pull…and he could just imagine the sorts of things they’d be able to do as spirits.

Reminded of one such spirit that had impressed him with her hero-like feats, only to have his interest spurned, Kami_X sighed, leaning on the sill to watch Uroko face off against a human-shaped phantom. Why the regalia was fighting instead of the god, Kami_X could only guess, but he supposed it was better than Ryuujin taking dragon form and accidentally leveling the school with a whip of his tail. The power of the ocean was immense, after all, and the rumors regarding his temperament when agitated weren’t pretty. According to Inari, even the Heavens had to quell his rage once—or twice—, and every incarnation seemed to share his dragon-like nature.

Kami_X could only imagine how tough his regalias must have it.

Sending a brief prayer for Uroko, who he’d been guiding around the school a couple hours earlier when Ryuujin’s retainer showed up to inspect the building for his master, Kami_X then glanced towards the phantom friend Azani brought with her. Not that he was terribly surprised to see Azani with a phantom given where she was rumored to be born. Did the goddess of grudges and vengeance name a phantom? Break taboo?

It would make sense considering who her followers were. Most gods or goddesses ended up taking their human followers as regalias after they died. In that sense, the god protected their spirits from the darkness and abominations that would eat them in return for their prayers. However, given that Azani dragged the spirits of her own followers to hell for eternal punishment, it wouldn’t really be a surprise if her followers ended up becoming phantoms themselves. Did she even need followers? Perhaps she was like Izanami would always exist so long as life and death existed. So long as the concept of ‘Hell’ existed—much like Enma.

Truthfully, Kami_X didn’t know much about Azani. It was the first time he’d met her personally. However, being the god of information stealing that he was, it wasn’t hard for him to hear rumors about her—especially since she’d been causing many deaths in Kyoto as of late. And, given that she even marked her targets, putting the pieces together was a walk in the park for a brilliant god like himself. The only question now was what sort of goddess was she? Gods weren’t inherently evil. They were forces of nature. Just as cats couldn’t be considered sinful for killing a mouse and acting on their nature, gods couldn’t really sin. However, gods of calamity were often put down because, just as there are humans wishing for calamity, there are just as many wishing for peace and protection. Her job put her in direct opposition to the work of many other gods and should wishes oppose each other, the stronger god would win. Such was the risky undertaking of those who brought forth misery.

Then again, it was really only in misery that humans made wishes.

Looking from the phantom, to the nerd with glasses, to the black-haired goddess of calamity, Kami_X, clasped his hands in prayer. “Oh, Azani Goddess, would you listen to the humble request of a small-time god? Please ignore the whatever wish that prideful child has made. I’ll double whatever offerings he’s promised you.”

Money had never really been an issue for him since they lived in the modern world of credits and online banking. And as not just a regular hacker, but a god of hackers, such things were his for the taking. Fortunately for him, gods didn’t really sin. He was even doing it for a semi-good cause. No one ever faulted Robin Hood for stealing, right? Though…he was certain if he did it often enough, he’d draw the ire of some god or goddess somewhere. And if he caused some kind of financial crisis as a result of his mischief Inari would execute him on the spot. Or Kamatsu. Or Ebisu. Or all three.

Kami_X valued his livelihood too much to be too liberal with his talents. However, he was also curious whether money was enough of an incentive to buy Azani’s favor? He wasn’t a human after all. Perhaps she valued the requests of those who believed in her more? Did she revel in killing? Did she only do it remain alive? Was she honor bound by the promises she made?

He wouldn’t stop her if she still intended to take her target to hell. He wasn’t insane, especially with one of those new phantom thingies backing her up and no regalia at his side. Blight was one of the few ways gods died after all. Blight and other gods. Little girl though she may look, Kami_X knew better than to judge a goddess from her cover. He tried to stop her. That was want counted. His good deed for the day. Pinky could harp about him being a coward all she wanted, but risking themselves for someone who didn’t want to be saved, who wouldn’t thank him for it—or even remember him that matter—was the sort of things heroes did…and Kami_X had never considered himself a hero.

Just an ordinary god that wanted an easy life.

Karcen Karcen

Last edited:
Time: 3: 37 pm​

Phantom Pride

Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen ) Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )

Well Kuro-Kyogi had to admit, last night was rather interesting. It seemed for what ever reason that day was a popular day for condemning others to hell, and so the two had several house calls to make. This definitely gave the phantom her chance to show off and grab some delicious emotions from some poor lost humans as well. These calls all added up to a very happy and rather full Kuro-Kyogi by the time they actually made it to the hotel. Between her sated appetite, inflated ego, and generally good mood she even forgot to mention the fact that Azani had shortened her name earlier. Finally the Phantom was quite impressed by how resourceful this goddess was, the hotel was rather fitting for someone of Kuro-Kyogi's standards, and even though she really didn't need to sleep. The beds were comfy. It was a good thing that the room had two of them, even if she had a higher opion of her coworker, no matter who it was she was not lowering herself to sleeping in the same bed as a god.

Finally when the next day came the pair found themselves in a interesting predicament. The little boy had summoned a goddess of vengeance to strike down a teacher?! Oh what a terrible child, it was a good thing that the helpful phantom was here to make sure he would never do something so vile again. Without any delay she set to work, draining the boys negative emotions and evil intentions like she had with the others the day before. All his hatred, sorrow, greed, sadness were now property of the Hungry Phantom, while only pride remained. Without the other evil emotions tainting his pride, it would no longer be the toxic filth that had driven him to do such evil, now it was just pure untainted pride. After her work was done was when she fully became aware of the truly interesting scene playing out before her. The mighty storm, and the birth of a new greater phantom. Keep her eyes locked on the scene that played out before them, she shook her head lightly, "No, my ascension was much more rowdy and even more dramatic than this. " she replied.

Finally the sweet scent of the far shore washed over her nose, there were more gods here. One of the smells became much more stronger as by the looks of it a red haired one was foolish enough to approach them. That infuriating sweet smell that came off from him was starting to get to her. One of the reason's that it was easier to be around Azani was she lacked the same type of smell that other gods had. Well it was more accurate to say that the stench of Yomi clung to Azani and helped mask some of the godly scent, Made her smell more familiar and less like a walking meal.

As the insufferable god offered up his idea Kuro-Kyogi scoffed at him, "Insolent ant, thinking that a petty bribe could sway a noble creature. Shoo, away with you!" the phantom mimicked the motion with her fan. For his own sake he had better leave, either that or she was going to have another meal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back