• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Noble Age - OOC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Good news for my end.

Got a guy coming to help reset up all my internet stuff tomorrow morning so if everything goes as planned I should be back in business after that.

From there I’ll finish up the last of what needs to be done and we’ll be ready to move on.

Religion is a touchy subject, more for the older generation than the younger one. Lord Elwyn lived in the capital as the King's Ranger until his father died. That's bound to influence his beliefs some. It's the older houses, with old traditions, that are strict on their children.

The Northerner's are...simple. To become a man, you must simply turn sixteen. Whether you prove yourself or not is your choice. They're also oddly secular. Their myths say that the God's do not interfere with the world at all, and all the monsters of old have long been dead.

I can definitely see something similar for the Korkari. Given the desolate nature of the highlands I can see them taking more of a 'the gods help those who help themselves' kind of approach.

Pragmatism can be appreciated.

What about these religions’ views on sexuality?

Open, I think. Though it varies. Dryads can probably do both sexual and asexual reproduction.

Korkari view is that women can be rulers with little qualms, even though men are still expected to fight abroad and form the armies, women are expected to defend the home at all times, and especially in times such as these. And though not extremely common, women warriors are by no means rare.

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Great news!!

I wasn’t referring to reproduction lol.

Haha, it was joke on how they probably wouldn't care.

Families want children. They'd want their children in traditional, heterosexual relationships to make more children. However, I don't imagine their religion says anything about sexuality or gender dominance.

Last edited:
What about these religions’ views on sexuality?
Matericisim is accepting of any coupling, though does have a preference towards heterosexual relationships due to the coupling allowing the production of children, aka more worshippers.

Northodoxy is a bit less lenient on same sex couplings than it's sister religion, due in large part to the tribal based origins of the religion.

Janites don't really care about personal sexuality, so long as you try and help the religion spread, and attempt to accrue fame and/or notoriety.

Patericism's thoughts on sexuality are largely believed to be extremely negative and backwards compared to those of the kingdom, often violently executing homosexuals in large public spectacles, though House Degrance has consistently attempted to put an end to these and other barbaric practices of the eastermen under their control.

Oh btw guys, I'm going to be the Lionsguard commander. Look forward to ki... working with you all. :) Be nice and and put your money in our bank and we are nice to you.

Blitzer Blitzer

Welcome!! Hope to see you on the field of battle. As an Ally of course....

Also I think I've nailed down the Korkari Religious views:

Religion:
The Korkari are a pragmatic people, this can be seen in their architecture, their values, and their religion is no difference. Priests as seen by the southern cultures quite simply do not exist, the Korkari seeing no sense in a person's sole job being simply spiritual in nature given the hardships of the mortal world. Instead worship is conducted on a smaller scale amongst families or traditional tribal groups, led by the matriarch or patriarch of said group, and whilst they honour the Gods they do not call upon boons or favours, instead viewing their own success achieved by their own hands as symbols of the Gods’ favours, helping those who help themselves, once again a product of their harsh home.

Whilst a large part of their religious beliefs appears to follow traditional Northodoxy, their principle God being the The Great Matriarch, and below her being the vast myriad of different gods and goddesses, they also follow ancestor worship, with small shrines to their ancestors present in almost all homes, from a couple of candles and figures in peasant huts, to entire rooms in the homes of Lords. This is the original religion that the Korkari followed before the coming of the invaders, and has persevered alongside the Great Matriarch, adopting this belief to the point where they view the Great Matriarch as the first Chieftess of the Korkari, a mere mortal who ascended to godhood after her death through the strength of her conviction and her prowess. Their belief is that when Korkari die, as long as they have lived a life honouring their history and their ancestors, they shall join them on the other plain, a place of heroes and great deeds. If however they are not judged worthy, having betrayed their ancestors or otherwise besmirched the Korkari name, then they shall simply be forgotten, snuffed out like a candle in the darkness, with none to sing their names or their deeds, simply consigned to oblivion.

Blitzer Blitzer

Welcome!! Hope to see you on the field of battle. As an Ally of course....

Also I think I've nailed down the Korkari Religious views:

Religion:
The Korkari are a pragmatic people, this can be seen in their architecture, their values, and their religion is no difference. Priests as seen by the southern cultures quite simply do not exist, the Korkari seeing no sense in a person's sole job being simply spiritual in nature given the hardships of the mortal world. Instead worship is conducted on a smaller scale amongst families or traditional tribal groups, led by the matriarch or patriarch of said group, and whilst they honour the Gods they do not call upon boons or favours, instead viewing their own success achieved by their own hands as symbols of the Gods’ favours, helping those who help themselves, once again a product of their harsh home.

Whilst a large part of their religious beliefs appears to follow traditional Northodoxy, their principle God being the The Great Matriarch, and below her being the vast myriad of different gods and goddesses, they also follow ancestor worship, with small shrines to their ancestors present in almost all homes, from a couple of candles and figures in peasant huts, to entire rooms in the homes of Lords. This is the original religion that the Korkari followed before the coming of the invaders, and has persevered alongside the Great Matriarch, adopting this belief to the point where they view the Great Matriarch as the first Chieftess of the Korkari, a mere mortal who ascended to godhood after her death through the strength of her conviction and her prowess. Their belief is that when Korkari die, as long as they have lived a life honouring their history and their ancestors, they shall join them on the other plain, a place of heroes and great deeds. If however they are not judged worthy, having betrayed their ancestors or otherwise besmirched the Korkari name, then they shall simply be forgotten, snuffed out like a candle in the darkness, with none to sing their names or their deeds, simply consigned to oblivion.
Oo!, it seems we may have the same religion. Liking you is becoming easier by the day.

tumblr_n3ocqyccuN1qg7nx1o1_500.jpg

I work tonight, so I will have to get my sheets up early tomorrow morning.

I can’t wait to roleplay with you guys.

Those ain't real levies. And whyyyyyy God why... is an archer in the middle of battle trying to shoot anything.... That battle hurt me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back