• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Security Level
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 3: Scene 3 [Filth In The Gutter]
PARTICIPANTS:
[Aristotle, Timothy], Darius, Mimi, Orion, Reese, Rutheless, Sang-Cheol, Yuna, Yuto
Filth In The Gutter

"Damn, interns," Timothy said to himself as he ran his fingers over the keyboard. Of course, they would panic and sound unnecessary alarms. He had been overseeing the entire ordeal, and just as he was pressing the alarm, the dumb intern did. It took Timothy time to disable a few programs that would have responded to the alarm. "Doesn't he know that all the alarms are fire alarms? Well, I guess it doesn't matter. We'll deal with him soon enough." He turned back to Aristotle. "What should we do now?"

The big hulking man around him was still sitting in a chair, observing the situation from one of the many screens at the security level. "We should inform the boss. You know how he is. Whether big or small, he'd still beat his to a pulp if he heard the lab was attacked." Timothy gave the nod to that. Their boss's temper was rather volatile, but at least it didn't kill them. "Activate the sentries as well. This would be a good time to test them out."

"Got it. Let's see-" Before Timothy could type on the keyboard again, his phone rang. "Ah, yes, hello?" He said as he took the call.

"Timothy, it seems like we're under attack. You've been on cams; do you know where it came from?" It was Sang-Cheol's voice coming from the other end.

"Yeah, I know. I was about to release sentries-"

Sang-Cheol interrupted him. "No, send an announcement first and then release the sentries. You should know how the order is done by now."

The security personnel let out a huff. "Yeah, yeah, fine, I'll do that first." Canceling the previous command, he reached out to the microphone and tested it for a second before leaning in close.

"Attention. Attention. We're under attack. The attack seems to have come from the west side of the lab and is emerging at the loading area. Please either A. Leave to deal with them, or B. take cover if you're useless. That is all."

With that done, Timothy leaned back in his seat and sighed.

"And Hubert?"

"Oh, he has a heart attack. He'll probably blow up soon. In around two minutes or so?"

"Well, is that so? It can't be helped, I suppose. I'll take Rebecca and Gerda to fight off the intruders with everyone else. You know what to do." With that, the call ended.

"Sheesh, who made that guy boss," Timothy mumbled. Aristotle offered no response as he returned to observing the screens above him. "Now, what was I- Ah, right. Back to activating the sentries." With that lighting, fast commands began to issue from the security personnel.

Last edited:

Jiak | North | Filth In The Gutter

A blur, a shuffle- Jiak mingled with the crowd. Separating from Ruri and the others he'd circled around to check out the surroundings. He'd brought the group out to the farwest around the loading bay, Serpents as he moved to circle the front without his assault team- lingered in the distance, chatting. A woman with serpents in her hair- there was a boy, blonde with red dyed tips and a sword sheathed standing around. There were others- but he didn't recognize most of them.

Getting intel on Serpents wasn't exactly easy when you'd been out of the loop for the last 4 years if memory went right. He hadn't thought about a single one of these assholes in a while till recent events and trying to recall whom was capable of what exactly in the moment wasn't going to really matter in the long run. When Serpents attacked- they swarmed, that's one thing he had warned everyone to be careful about. And he'd been clearly to watch out for one specific person- long hair, and had the ability to cancel out your powers with a simple touch for a day. You'd be a sitting duck if any of the other Serpents were ranged fighters.

He hoped Ruriko kept that in mind especially. The girl was confident but she had an attitude at times that had to be looked out for, he didn't want their teleporter getting locked down and trapping them all here like idiots waiting for the slaughter- else he'd probably smack her upside the head himself if that happened for being a dumbass.

"Boss-boss" Izziki slid up his side, walking along with Jiak as they moved away from the warehouse's perimeter. "Security's kinda shit 'ere ain't it?"

Jiak didn't respond despite the fact Izziki whispered. The guy like him, had also been an ex-Serpent, although he'd been a rookie. Joining the dragons off the good grace of a half-sibling that had discovered him. As they moved around the compressed buildings and cracked roads, keeping the warehouse in sights- other bodies stepped out of the busywork activity of the North's streets.

"Security might look like shit- but trust me, we used to take in prisoners of war for spoil." His arm twitched and he shook it off with disgust at the memory. Grimace forming. "Don't underestimate em."

Izziki nodded.

"Clair" Jiak's smooth yet rough voice made the young short woman twitch in startled alarm.

"Y-Yes."

"I want you, DJ, Athena, and Ranger to stay back. Provide extra support to our guys. Get to setting up the link" he patted her on the shoulder to which she nervously nodded. "Izziki, Raiz- follow me."

The pop-crackle-pop of explosions carried over to them and with a grim expression, Jiak let out an exhale from his nose.

"Get to moving folks we don't want them charging in before back up's there."

They scattered, splitting off in different directions. Clair and the others going one way towards Ruriko- Jiak and his duo heading towards the warehouse.

The car Izziki lifted went sailing through the air straight towards the fence on the eastern side. It smashed through the fence entirely, metal tearing and then the car rolled, twisting and turning before crashing and skidding into the ground with a stop metallic screeching stop.

Raiz laughed- muscles bulging as he shifted. His body gaining thick scales- his eyes dilating into predatory slits. His attire...ripped completely as if he belonged in some kind of underground fighting pit. Titanic, he was the size of a bear and as he stomped forward on scaled feet a blur of light briefly, for a moment- zoomed by.

Izziki was inside in an instant as the blur deposited him. Flames- blue- erupted from his palms. The platinum blonde masked figure clapped his hands and then the flames exploded into balls of fire that then shifted into one foot little monsters.

He pointed- they charged.

Yet it was one of the walls exploding- a body going through it- Jiak's body ripping through the wall as if it were paper before he came to a skidding stop- turning looking around-- then eyes narrowing as he spotted a familiar figure.

"Bash!" His voice should have still been familiar. "If it isn't my junior! Well well well, how's the Ace of the Serpents been these last four years?" Jiak asked with joy but every ounce of venom pinched into every word.

He took a step forward, and the energy that he used to propel movement or maximize motion- create more powerful attacks, as he put his foot down, sliced a line into the ground as he touched it. "I've been looking forward to seeing you again after you set after me all those years back. What do you say old buddy?" Jiak's grin was murderous- the whites of his eyes shifted and his pupils glowed as an eldritch green outline ensnared his body. Muscles in his forearm flexing as he flexed his fingers.

"How about a rematch- you and me- and anyone else that feels like joining our little dance."

And then without any warning, he slammed his foot into the ground- the ground erupted with bursts of the same energy leaking out into the crack, shooting rocks forward and at the Ace he so hated.

Mentions: n/a

Interactions: WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Nobody Special Nobody Special Beann Beann Vahn Vahn RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean gxxberkit gxxberkit Misuteeku Misuteeku

RYUTARO HASHIMOTO
CS Link
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 2 [The Heist]
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Jennifer, Maria, Ryutaro, Samira, Sylvie
THE HEIST

"Employee records are sealed tight, the digital security behind it being quite elaborate." Cal then spoke up, breaking his silence and drawing Ryu's attention as his CTO explained in detail to Samira. "Not even my team could get past whatever security measures they had. Likely military-grade, which means they're hiding something valuable. And without that knowledge, it's best to assume that whomever you come across has... abilities." The last word came out like steel being dragged on ice, indicating his displeasure at both the prospects as well as the circumstances of being unable to uncover precise details.

"Indeed. This is just an unknown we will have to power through, regardless of how much of an issue they might present." Ryu then continued, pointing to a point on the map near the main door leading into the building from their entrance area. "For now, the biggest concern for now will be the main security room, located just next to the loading bay that we will be infiltrating from. I'll deal with it quickly so that the alarm isn't raised. Meanwhile, you all will make it through the loading bay and meet up with me outside the security hive before advancing towards the inner sanctums."

He then looked towards the other Tigers for a moment before speaking once again: "If you have to, kill. If you don't have to, don't. Makes the circumstances much easier in the cleanup afterwards."

Interacting: Samira ( Beann Beann )
Nearby: Camila ( Roda the Red Roda the Red ), Sylvie ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ), Jennifer ( Uasal Uasal ), Maria ( Shoya Shoya )

Last edited:
PIXEL (Cleo Silva)
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 3: Scene 2 [Hunting Filth]
PARTICIPANTS:
Silva, Laura, Ruriko, Schroeder, Jiak (NPC)
HUNTING FILTH
Any response to Silva was an appropriate response, so when Ruri simply scratched her cheek and offhandedly thanked him, Silva’s eyes had squinted behind his goggles in a giddy smile before he’d proceeded with his antics.

Now, still floating upside-down around the group, held up by minute flecks of light attached to his person, he remained quiet as Ruri spoke on the presumed competence of their small group in the face of the major task at hand.

But caught none of it, for he had become distracted by some mud in his leg from his earlier run-in with an unexpectedly deep puddle.

Still afloat but upright again, Silva detached his metal prosthetic and flossed the crevices with a tool of his own creation via pixels, then gave it a wipe-over with a softer, cloth-like implement. Unfinished, when his attention was drawn by Ruriko unsheathing her sword, he re-attached the prosthetic and dropped from the air to follow as she marched toward the warehouse ahead. The pixel instruments of his making dispersed again and pursued him in kind.

That’s when Four-Arms mentioned codenames and introduced herself as Tetra, and Silva did a 180 to throw his piece; however, the one who spoke next was Schroeder. He referred to Silva as Floating Boy and, next, Floater, at which Silva chuckled, “Heh-heh, wutever you nee’ me to be, Señor, but I canno’ promise I remember.” Bringing a hand to his chest, he continued, “For future ref’rence, you can call me Pixel, jes?”

For a short distance, the group walked—Silva sticking close to Ruriko—until Schroeder held up his hand as if signaling them to stop, having, at some point, assumed the lead position. Silva stopped, as urged, with dramatic body language as if met by the abrupt edge of an endless canyon, and trying to maintain his balance, and his pixels danced a flurry around him before settling down. “Ey, wut’s de hold up?” he asked, watching Schroeder distance himself forward, then a curious glance between Laura and Ruriko.

Schroeder then proceeded to fire his shotgun six times at the warehouse’s windows—the make of which Silva was unfamiliar with, as he did not know much about guns.

With each pull of the trigger and each boom, Silva’s eyes grew enthusiastically wider behind his goggles, then when silence fell and Schroeder quipped about his Dragon's Breath, Silva whooped a sharp, “WHOOOOO-HOOOOO!” And in the same gesture, he willed his pixels into a short-lasting performance of firework blasts of different sizes. There was no sound or heat to accompany the display, for it was merely a show of digital lights. “Muy impresionante, amigooo! We going to light de place up like de starrrs! Heh-heh-heh-heeeh!!”

With a wave of his hand, Silva’s pixels, save for an unneeded portion, took the shape of seven glowing blades in an arc above his head. Another wave of the hand—the seven blades whizzed toward the warehouse and Silva sprinted forth. After only a few steps, he was swept up by a solid platform and proceeded to surf through the air over the fence, doing a few flips and tricks on the way. All the while, he cheered and hollered. “I SHOULD GET DIS ON RECORD, NO!? HAHAHAHAAA!”

As he raced for the building, Silva's seven glowing blades navigated the vehicles dappling the lot ahead. They shot through the tact windows along the wall perpendicular to the Loading Bay and immediately split into separate directions upon entry, seeking aimlessly to pierce anything in their path. Silva could not yet see inside the warehouse, so he relied on only the sensation of resistance at his fingertips to know whether or not the blades met with any -thing or -one.
SILVA/POST NOTES
— —What he's wearing: (Click) Leather aviator cap, mask, and green-tinted goggles; Open green jacket w/ open grey jacket underneath (no undershirt); Grey shorts; Fingerless gloves; No shoes because metal feet

— —Silva's hair is spray-dyed green this time around. Due to wearing his aviator cap, Silva's hair cannot currently be seen.

— —He smells harshly of chemicals from the spray-on hair-dye that he uses.

— —Pixels: Currently wielding a moderate amount of pixels. Roughly 4x 55-inch flat screens worth.

— —POST RECAP: Silva introduces his alias then takes off toward the warehouse.

Beann Beann Vahn Vahn RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun dabberoni dabberoni Nobody Special Nobody Special WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten

Last edited:
NPC POST - PEACOCK AND ROMERO SERLING
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 3: Scene 1 [Thicker Than Water]
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Damian, Kinsley, Kisara, Kyo, Peyton, Raph, Sab, Shinko
THICKER THAN WATER
As the fight continued on and the reinforcements surrounding the duo dried up, Peacock had used her thousands of feathers to move Romero and herself onto a nearby pallet shelf. They now watched the fight from above, staying idle as of now after giving their initial taste of power. Perhaps it was simply the overwhelming number of Serpent HPs, but their side was certainly... performing below expectations. Peacock's wheelchair squeaked as she moved to the other side, while Romero tapped his forehead with the end of his pencil. There was so much background noise that it was nigh impossible for inspiration to come to him...

It was then that a booming roar tore through the battlefield, followed by the flashes of a laser beam cutting across it all. Romero almost snapped his pencil. "Stealing my thunder... this was supposed to be my rising action, and they've spoilt it! How can my Monster work into the story now that there's already one with such a dramatic roar..." Yet through his frustrations, the inspiration did return. His pencil met with the paper. "My work shall not be written over."

But as if it couldn't get any worse, the fog that fell over everyone flew away in a magnificent burst of wind. Romero's writing stopped mid-letter. "The zephyr... is a true nuisance. It's ruining the atmosphere—I cannot write under obnoxious, disruptive conditions such as that..."

Peacock rolled over beside him. "I'll deal with him," she spoke simply, resting her head on her hands.

He only nodded, completely focused in his notebook. "Do you need any help going in?"

"Not at all, dear Romero..."
Peacock stretched her arms out, leaning back in her seat. She took a slow, sharp inhale. She whistled a soft whistle. The feathers flying across the air stopped at once, returning to their owner. "For in the time my body forgot how to walk... I've learned to fly." The feathers gathered at each side behind her back; her whistling grew louder and sharper. Then, she rolled over the edge.

The wheelchair bounced and clattered against the floor, but Peacock did not follow. The feathers shaped into magnificent wings of blue and green, carrying her over everyone's heads and to the one responsible for the powerful gusts. She stopped, hovering in front of him with flapping wings. With a smirk, she began whistling again—hundreds of the feathers tore from her wings, all aimed at August.

As the whistling reached its highest volume, the feathers shot straight at him.

After Peacock left to do her thing, Romero was alone on the shelf. He sat down, letting his legs dangle over the edge. The sounds became nothing but muffled garble—he wrote. And as he wrote, he told his story for all to hear.

And so... the fog lifted from the eyes of the Terrans! They thought themselves heroic for blasting away the blinding nature that gave itself upon them... but alas, they forgot the Monster that lived within... The ether burned foul! Tangible comprehension dissolved! Glistening organs of the specter, shadowing over all that is logical!

In the flicker of moonlight, it illuminated before the eyes of all. Towered over the denizens of this mortal realm, four-legged and moaning a dry, pained moan, was a hideous husk of pulsing black. Sloshing with slimy, writhing tentacles on its feet and face—a bony snout engulfed in blood. Its eyes, empty and void, yet staring on.

unknown.png

The author; the failed film director; Romero, felt the same feeling as he did at the park, and he knew: the Monster of the West had come back, and it was hungry.

The Monster let loose a ferocious roar, bringing the warehouse it was confined in to a trembling rumble. Spitting drops of its horrendous bile everywhere, it turned its sight on the first intruder to maul: the pink individual whose breath reeked of raw energy, who dared to outdo a true abomination... The Monster leaped forth with a running start, its front two paws out like a pouncing wolf.
Peacock - #0F52BA
Romero - #088B00

Monster Size Reference:
gfgetbo9x0l51.jpg

simj26 simj26 Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean @ThickerThanWater

EUN JI-YOUNG
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 3 [The Faceless Fox]
PARTICIPANTS:
| Pablo | Akira | Ji-Young | Dante | Welsha |
The Faceless Fox
With a cup of chamomile tea before her and a nice buttered scone, Eun Ji-Young was having a good day. The Calico Agency was running like a well-oiled machine. There were no outstanding payments to make. All of their clients were satisfied with recent collections, courtesy of Kanako’s amazing talents and Ji-Young’s own field work. Their books were balanced, with not a single cent out of place, thanks to Mutya’s impeccable accounting. Ji-Young could never understand how the girl did it without help from any calculator or software. The savant was yet a closed book, her secrets hidden beneath soft mumblings. And Bob – sweet, dependable Bob – was out there, working on a few of their current commissions on his own. One of his bonsai lay atop Ji-Young’s table, the tiny leaves jutting out of its small branches bringing a nice pop of green in their office.

The place they rented for the Agency was serviceable, if a little dull for Ji-Young’s taste. That was to be expected for a co-working space meant for desperate freelancers and upstart startups funded by the coffers of their rich parents. The offices were separated by walls of translucent glass with the company logos of their occupants printed on a single sheet of paper and taped on the front. A stylized representation of a calico pawing at a single coin adorned the door of the Agency’s office, courtesy of Kanako’s creative work.

The inside was spacious enough, with white walls decorated with splashes of color which were eye-catching at best, and jarring at worst. Navy blue patterned like ocean waves carpeted the floor. The smell of coffee was prevalent, mixed with the scents of the various herbal teas Kanako brewed for the team. Four tables sat on the four corners of the office, one each for the employees of the Agency. The decorations atop each told something about the person it belonged to; Kanako’s space was clean, proper, with documents neatly stacked and filed inside folders and drawers; Bob had multiple succulents on his table surrounding a book about making moist cupcakes; Mutya never used her table, preferring to stuff herself beneath it and work in ways that only she could understand, and; Ji-Young’s only had a single frame on her table, showing the last happy moment she captured with her family before it all came crashing down.

Taking a sip of the fragrant tea, Ji-Young looked out the glass that occupied the entire far wall of the office. The tall spires of the West District skyline spread out before her, monuments to the obscene amounts of money that ran through its veins. Each of those people milling beneath on the streets and crowding inside those monoliths of glass and concrete were vessels through which currency, the power of the Albino Tigers, exchanged hands tens, hundreds, thousands of times, which made some fat and full to bursting, and made others withered and barren. It was the Agency’s job to keep the blood flowing at all times, removing any blockage with surgical precision, or if that wasn’t enough, with extreme prejudice. Their work was swift, precise, and most of all, lucrative. Which was probably the reason why a particular request made its way on their doorstep, sent from one of the most dangerous individuals in the entire West District, perhaps in all of New Oasis.

“Your scheduled meeting with Akira Tsuchiya is in thirty minutes, Ji-Young sajangnim,” Kanako said, standing next to Ji-Young’s table and looking through the Agency’s calendar on her tablet. “We still haven’t given him a concrete response since receiving the request a few days ago. What do you plan to do with this?”

Ji-Young had half a mind to ignore the request. Akira’s reputation preceded him, and Ji-Young didn’t fancy tangling with the plans and schemes he wove around him for fear of dragging the Agency under. But then again, he was close to the one who sat on the throne of the Albino Tigers, and having the Calico Agency’s name on his lips would surely garner them higher profile clients and commissions. It was a gamble, but in the end Ji-Young trusted that the Agency could weather whatever happened next.

“I’ll go to his office and offer our services myself,” Ji-Young said. She finished her tea in one more sip, stood up and slipped on the black blazer hanging from a coat stand close by. Next to it was a standing mirror that was tall enough to show a woman in her prime, her short stature be damned.

Today, Ji-Young decided on a three-piece suit tailored by none other than Sylvie himself, with sleek lines, sharp angles, and varying shades of inky blackness like night woven into fabric. Complemented by a pair of steel-toe Oxfords, it was one of Ji-Young’s favorite outfits, and the one she always wore when on official business. Just in case things got up close and personal (which it almost always did), Ji-Young also slipped on a pair of leather gloves studded with brass knuckles.

“Take care of things here while I’m gone,” Ji-Young said to Kanako. “Keep in touch with Bob every now and then to check on his progress. And don’t take any more commissions until I’m finished with this thing with Akira-ssi.”

“Understood, sajangnim. Stay safe!”
Kanako said with a swift bow, her ponytail whipping in front of her and then back, nearly hitting Ji-Young in the process.

Before any further hair-related accidents happen, Ji-Young grabbed her keys from the table and made her way out. As she stepped out of the office, a small voice spoke to her, saying, “Stay safe, nanay.”

Ji-Young turned and saw Mutya’s head peeking from beneath her table. Her large, brown eyes were entreating, telling Ji-Young what the young girl couldn’t properly, fully express. Ji-Young’s face softened and she reached out, ruffling the girl’s head. “I’ll be back soon, alright? And I’ll make sure to bring back that sticky rice pudding you always like.”

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The elevator ride to the basement parking was silent, with only a couple of others getting in from the other floors. It gave Ji-Young time to reminisce on how far she had come since that fateful night when the wind answered her call. From wearing nothing but rags and beating money out of people who underestimated her, Ji-Young now runs an agency of her own, staffed with excellent and capable people. She has a condominium unit of her own in the upper floors of the Acacia Tower Residences, with a walk-in closet filled with all manner of suits, shoes, and trousers. There were so many things she called her own, paid for with money she worked hard to earn (and sometimes viciously extracted from others less deserving of it), all of which she wanted to show her parents, so they could be proud of what their daughter had achieved.

But it still wasn’t enough. She needed more. Money. Power. Influence. She needed it all to build a safe place for her family in this harsh, chaotic world ruled by currency. She wanted to make it so that no one would dare touch them ever again.

Ding, sounded the elevator as it opened into the basement parking. Right there, in her private parking spot, was a Suzucci Hayabusa 2022 sportbike: sleek, powerful, and aerodynamic, plated in black and lined with gold, with a kanji of Ji-Young’s family name printed on the front. It was one of the most expensive motorbikes in the market, but Ji-Young didn’t hesitate buying it for its practicality, power, and aesthetics. She also knew her father loved the bikes from this specific manufacturer, and picturing his excitement when he finally saw the bike never failed to give her a smile. She mounted the bike, not bothering to wear a helmet (the HP resilience was handy in times like these). Turning the ignition, the Hayabusa roared to life, and Ji-Young set off towards Akira Tsuchiya’s office like a swift tiger.

The trip was fast, thanks to the Hayabusa’s speed and Ji-Young’s intimate knowledge of shortcuts. Wind whipping at her hair, she relished the exhilaration of the ride, another one of the many experiences she wanted to give her parents. She arrived with a couple of minutes to spare, as she must. Leaving the bike in the building’s secure basement parking, she made for the elevator with a brisk walk, managing to squeeze in before the doors slid closed. She spent the rest of the time thinking about how she’d approach the Inari of the Albino Tigers, how best to protect her interests from Akira’s slyness and turn his own machinations to her benefit.

Ding, sounded the elevator as it opened to the floor of Akira’s office. She stepped out, straightened her outfit, and entered into a veritable den of Tigers. Almost immediately she recognized the three others who were there alongside Akira and his green-haired assistant whose name escaped her. There was Welsha, a woman she only knew as a NOCU student with a troublesome Potentiality. Then there was the flamboyantly annoying specimen of a man named Pablo (who frankly wore a truly marvelous suit), another person close to the Tiger King, with considerable resources of his own, definitely someone Ji-Young didn’t want to cross (strange that he brought his dog along, but to each his own). And then there was Dante Aguilar, looking like he was hanging between life and death, as he did the first time she met him during a certain… unfortunate incident. There was no need to follow-up with him on his current obligations. She made sure to leave him enough of a gentle reminder.

Standing behind the table was Akira himself, looking friendly yet smug at the same time. He was definitely the one to watch out for among the people gathered. As he explained the details of the collection commission, Ji-Young sifted through the possible implications and complications of the job. Why go to the other districts, where enemies abound? What kind of people would be unfortunate enough to owe something to Akira himself?

As the other people claimed districts to work in, Ji-Young felt that the most troublesome of the lot was left to her hands. But first of all, an introduction. All but one of the people here she was meeting for the first time in person. “Hello Akira-ssi, everyone,” she started off with a bow. “My name is Eun Ji-Young, representing the Calico Financial Protection Agency. Pleased to meet you all.”

At those last words, she made sure to fix the fox-eyed man with a steely glance. “Now, to the matter of the districts. Since no one else chose it, I’ll go to the South,” she said, folding her arms. Going into Phoenix turf was a dangerous proposition in and of itself, with the ongoing hostilities between the two gangs. It must be incredibly important for Akira if all of them were being sent into the lairs of their enemies. She wanted to know more, but since Dante already asked about further details about the nature of the job, Ji-Young stood back and waited for the Inari to explain himself.

Interactions: Peckinou Peckinou Nobody Special Nobody Special Haze- Haze- First Rose First Rose

Elias Yumin
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 1 [Where Giants Sleep]
Heavenly Beast Plaza, Lower Central(near Western Tiger statue)
PARTICIPANTS:
Wren, Elias, Kenji, Passeri, Isobel, Ezra
Where Giants Sleep

Kenji, aka Jammer, was the first to reach for the food.

Passeri, aka Iori, refused the food.

Wren, aka Shackle, reached for whatever Kenji took.

Ezra, aka Z, was too shy to take the food.

Sipping on one of the cans of cold coffee he brought, Elias observed the interactions of his fellow Albino Tiger gang members, from Passeri’s apparent impatience–despite the sunny smile she showcased–to the closeness displayed by Wren and Kenji while they waited. It made sense, really. Shackle and Jammer were both veterans in the Albino Tiger gang and their potentials worked well together; Deadzone created a field of silence for the Word of God to take full effect. Elias, or rather Elijah Anamnesis, learned of the duo through the memories of others, but even he could appreciate the crowd control potential their combination possessed. It made him curious about how they met–whether they were assigned as partners or simply friends.

But of course, none could be more curious than the arrival of Isobel Pham, aka Mouse, aka Jack of the Albino Tiger gang, with a random tag-along. While Passeri rushed towards the compass-knob Isobel accidentally raised and Wren pointed to, Elias and Ezra were left with the boy Isobel brought; A child the other Tigers didn’t seem too keen to deal with.

“Why, hello there~” Hand on the child’s shoulder, to prevent the boy from following Isobel to the Dragon Statue, Elias distracted him with some mini finger sandwiches while Ezra spoke to the kid. Ezra gave the boy money too, in true Knight fashion, Elias noted with amusement. The exchange gave Elias the opportunity to browse through the neglected child’s recent memories. From the moment Isobel scryed for the location of the mine to their journey all the way to east side of the plaza, Elias watched the events from the boy’s perspective. As he did so, Elias also fudged with the boy’s memory. Isobel. Kenji. Wren. Passeri. Ezra. Himself. Elias blurred out all the boy’s memories of the Albino Tigers he’d seen in Heavenly Beast Plaza so that, while he might remember following a certain stranger around for a good portion of the day to meet with her friends, their identities, and even their appearances, would remain a mystery to the inquisitive Rico.

As a final add on, to quell the boy's protests and urge him to leave of his own volition , Elias planted a fake memory of Rico's mother telling him he had to return by a certain time into the boy’s mind. “...Don’t want your mother to be angry, do you?”

Waving as the child ran off, Elias glanced at Ezra and smirked, offering his fellow rookie Tiger a chilled can of juice. “Good job. Parched?”

Whether or not the young Knight accepted, Elias’s attention would be drawn to Passeri’s voice and a slight tremor of the ground beneath them as the Dragon statue shifted…an inch. Elias clapped. “I knew they could do it!”

The puzzle had been solved by the brilliant minds of the Albino Tiger gang much more quickly than he’d expected. Though, in hindsight, as soon as a compass–with its four cardinal directions– was brought into view, connecting the pieces of the poetic puzzle became that much easier.

"Buds of green against the canvas of spring.” - found on the East statue.
"On rivers red does summer flow." - found on the South statue
"The Autumn full moon glows white.” - found on the West statue
"In the palms of winter rests the blackest nights." - found on the North statue.​

Not too difficult a puzzle after all, though he couldn’t be certain without knowing how Passeri or Wren moved the dial. Given the number of clues they found, there were only 24 different ways the dial could’ve been turned. 256 if repetitions were allowed. Then again, connecting the lines of poetry to a raised compass on one of the statues took a certain leap of logic in and of itself. For all he knew, the girls lucked out on their fiddling.

Finishing the can of coffee, Elias tossed the remainder in a separate bag and set both bags aside near the base of a tree. He then removed his overcoat, his suit jacket, and undid the buttons on his cuffs before rolling up his sleeves and helping the other Tigers push. He certainly hadn’t expected manual labor on a “reconnaissance” mission in Heavenly Beast Plaza, but, truth be told, he hadn’t expected much to begin with. Once the gaping hole was revealed, Elias dusted his garments before putting them back on.

“To think the designers of the plaza would build something so elaborate to hide a hole in the ground…How exciting,” Elias commented as he moved to pick up the bag of goodies he’d set aside. “Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose, though I can’t imagine jumping down a random opening beneath a dragon statue, without any idea where it leads and any idea how to get back, to be very safe...”

Actually, Elias did have an idea. The Jack had been reading the information boards about Heavenly Beast Plaza, staring at a picture of some miners, according to the boy’s memory, before starting her ‘magic’. Therefore, it wasn’t absurd to assume that they were looking at one of the entrances to the New Oasis Coal Company, which historically lay beneath Heavenly Beast Plaza. Of course, there was no saying what exactly Mouse had been looking for without checking her memories. Or just asking her. Elias checked his phone, rolling his eyes at a message he received from Zachariah Locke, before texting his reply and slipping the device back into his pocket. He then moved to stare down at the hole with the rest of the gang. A see-in-the-dark potential like the one his old acquaintance possessed would certainly be useful at the moment.

“Who wants to go first?”

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Lucem Lucem @ @Saturn_moon @Kyuubey Stros Stros

Last edited:
Ezra Knight
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 1 [Where Giants Sleep]
Heavenly Beast Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Ezra, Elias, Isobel, Kenji, Passeri, Wren
WHERE GIANTS SLEEP
Ezra wasn't sure how to react. Isobel finally arrived, but she brought some unexpected company. A child walked at her side, and judging by the Jack's expression, this wasn't part of her plan. Even if she hadn't signed, the distress in her eyes would've been enough for the rest of the group to figure out that she was begging for a helping hand.

As Ezra watched in confusion, wondering how Isobel had gotten herself into this situation, he caught a glimpse of an approaching figure from the corner of his eye. When he turned his head, he got a close-up of Wren's wide smile, accompanied by unvoiced encouragement. At the mention of the Veteran's cat, a weak smile appeared on his face. He still wasn't sure how to feel about her pet being named after him. Was it a good thing? Should he feel honored?

Shaking off all thoughts that had to do with his fluffy namesake, Ezra tried to refocus. Now wasn't the time to think about that. He had other things to worry about. Like the sudden issue he'd just been nominated to handle.

When Wren nudged him forward, urging him to handle the child, he felt an odd sense of déjà vu. A memory came to the forefront of his mind, and he vividly recalled the time Charmy suddenly pushed him into a card game with Titus at the casino a few months ago. He was starting to notice a pattern. Were all Veterans in the Tigers like this?

Rubbing the back of his neck, Ezra silently nodded before turning to face Isobel again. As he approached his friend and her new ward, he tried to think of a plan of action with the limited time he had. He didn't really mind being the one to do this, but it wasn't a task he thought he was suited for. He didn't have much experience with kids, only ever having brief exchanges with children from wealthy families. He also spent a fair amount of time with his brother when they were younger, but something told him those experiences wouldn't help him here. Unless the kid started gloating and making fun of him.

When Elias stepped forward to accompany him, Ezra couldn't tell if he felt more at ease or more nervous than before. On one hand, he had some backup, but on the other, he had someone to witness any potential mistakes he made. All he could do was try not to let performance anxiety kick in.

When he was close enough, Ezra stopped in front of the pair and knelt down, meeting the boy's eyes at his level. Even though he didn't have much personal experience, he did know some things about interacting with children. If he could fake his way through conversations with the bigwigs of New Oasis, then surely he could handle this. Right?

"Sorry, but my friend has some really important work to do, so she doesn't have time to play." Reaching for his wallet, Ezra removed a few bills, each having a single, barely noticeable tear. As he handed them over to the boy, he tried to put on his best smile, better than the forced one he usually showed to the Tigers. "But thanks for keeping her company on the way here. You can use this to get a few more snacks. My way of saying thanks."

Ezra almost let out a sigh of relief when the boy took the money and rushed off. He wasn't sure how that would turn out, but fortunately, he was able to rely on something simple. There were few things kids loved more than junk food. He used to have a sweet tooth himself back in the day, looking over the dessert menu with sparkles in his eyes whenever his parents took him and his siblings out to a nice restaurant. He barely remembered times like those now, the memories strange enough to feel like weird fever dreams.

When he stood back up, he looked over to face Elias, a bit caught off guard by the sudden praise. The man only threw two words at him, but they were words he didn't hear very often, especially after his last blunder. "Oh, uh, thank you. You too?" Why couldn't he think of anything better to say?

When Elias offered him a drink, Ezra hesitantly accepted the can, grabbing it by the top in order to avoid making contact with his acquaintance's hand. He was taught to never accept food or drink from people he couldn't fully trust, but turning down the juice wouldn't have been a good look. He couldn't afford to make any more Tigers upset with him.

Before he could figure out what to do with his potentially poisoned beverage, he noticed that Isobel had moved, now trudging through the water to get to the front of the dragon statue. Not wanting to get left behind, he rejoined the group, translating for those who couldn't understand their leader. Even though he understood what she was saying, her words confused him. Why was she mentioning the mines?

When it came to the mines, Ezra knew everything they taught in school. That, along with a little extra. The Knights rubbed elbows with the oldest families in New Oasis, always knowing something about everyone and everything. Naturally, a lot of that information trickled down to him. However, he still wasn't sure what that had to do with the mission. Were they going to take a trip down the mines?

He was momentarily pulled out of his thoughts when he noticed Isobel fall. When she yanked on the statue to keep herself from taking a dive, the stone began to shift, pushing out a knob that resembled a compass. Ezra was baffled, and that feeling only intensified when Passeri fiddled with the statue, forcing it to come to life and move aside.

Looking at the dark, ominous gap with a blank stare, Ezra really wished he hadn't been right. Just like at the casino, a simple mission had turned into something completely unexpected. A bit of recon in the park quickly became a mess of riddles and secret passageways. It felt like he had accidentally stumbled onto the set of some spy movie.

Ezra was used to things like this, much more than he would have liked. So, he was quick to rebound, moving in to help Isobel and Elias with the statue that refused to budge. By no means was he suddenly okay with this, but his feelings wouldn't prevent him from lending a hand. The weight of the statue would, however.

As he pushed, Ezra noticed just how tough it was to move the statue. Even with his added strength, it was still difficult. Whoever designed this clearly didn't want the wrong people getting inside. It made his mind wander, making him think of what was being kept hidden. It was impossible to make an accurate guess, but it was definitely nothing good.

When the full entrance was finally revealed, Elias was the one who spoke up to ask a dreaded question. Who was going to go first? For most sane people, taking the lead probably wasn't very appealing. He certainly wasn't eager to step foot inside. However, he didn't have much of a choice here. He had his mission to consider, and unfortunately, this was a way to look a bit more dependable.

"I can go first." He hated having to say that, but he couldn't deny that he was probably one of the best candidates for this. He just had to grin and bear it, hoping he didn't accidentally set off some trap that ended with him getting crushed by a giant boulder.

"Oh, but first..." As his words trailed off, Ezra reached into his pocket and withdrew a notepad. He quickly tore out five sheets of paper, handing them over to anyone who would take one. "If there's an emergency, you can use these. If you get split up, or if you need to get pulled out of somewhere dangerous, just hold the paper really tight and yell for help."

Once he was finished handing out the sheets, he tore out another and placed it on the ground, keeping it in place with a heavy rock. If this was going to go as horribly as he expected, he wanted there to be some insurance for him and the others. It saved the Tigers from disaster during the fight with the Phoenixes, so he hoped it could do the same here. This wasn't as efficient as the hair method, but it was definitely less awkward.

(OG) Dante | Rabbit Casino, West | The Princess' Penthouse

There was a buzz from her phone, it said a simple thing: The show is about to start.

She'd been made aware that he'd had something special planned and it'd been discussed with the security ahead that he would be throwing a bit of a show to pull more people into the casino- something to make up for the past trouble he caused-- but in reality it was all just to keep an eye out for any kind of trouble, so he'd called in favors to make this all work.

The moment the Casino's doors opened and people began pouring in with the staff of the White Rabbit kicking into activity, a voice addressed the coming occupants.

"Welcome ladies and gentleman, welcome!" Alonzo spoke into the mic on his earpiece headset. "Today we have a special show for to welcome back the White Rabbit's Hostess- Miss Alice along with all of our lovely guests. We hope you'll enjoy." Alonzo smiled, and then with a clap- two specific, the lights dimmed for several colored lights to turn in one figure's direction as the music kicked in.

A light flashed and there he was. Close

The moment it started- all lights dimmed, and then she appeared.

Multiple iterations of the same girl emerged beside guests- appearing as if from the shadows, smiling brightly and guiding them to seats. She wore something skimpy- something tight- accentuated the curves, highlighted the bust. Lisandra was perfect for the job- and that's why Dante chose her as the original of the duplicates walked out on the red carpet with him as the drum beat hit.

Keepin ya love locked down,
ya love locked down.
Watchin them hips sway,
join the partie.

Pink pants, pink crop top with a v-shape that exposed his chest and his hair flicked back with a toss- Lisandra circled Dante only for him to pull her close as the beat hit with the drums. The dim lights that had covered the place in brief darkness were washed away by light and with pops- courtesy of Edella's teleportation flair- waiters fitting the rabbit theme materialized to join the staff in pops of light across the whole casino rapidly. Contrasting to those that wore the standard uniform, now there were those that wore the bunny thematic attire.

Save for Nilin who appeared in a flash of light and a gracious bow, his bunny ears rising up to be alert and only adding to his smiling charm as he guided Lisandra's shadow duplicates that grabbed and pulled guests to tables, seats and spread them through the casino. Where others were led to a seat and table and entertained with a dance of burlesque nature by either the duplicates, one of the waiters and staff that had appeared in a flash of light like the White Rabbit's apparent Tiger mascot had.

Guests, like prey, were lightly pulled away to tables as dancers whisked them away. Led in a dance, a sway, serpentine waltz just as Dante's and Lisandra's as they moved past the platform, down the tables.

Like a conductor guiding an orchestra, his muscular arms exposed a subtle smile on his face, his hands in the air, as he moved and swayed his hips around one female guest caught by a trio of male dancers they shifted as he dropped low, lap dancing- knees locking, rump grinding- then his eyes shifted as a little cheer went up into the air as a waiter holding to platters, settled drinks down on to a table of ladies and gents, ensnared by their dancing escorts.

It was only as the song shifted- that the dancers broke away, iterations of Lisandra moving from their guests with a trailing hand, a blown kiss- following Dante's example, they stepped on to a glowing circle that had not been before- and were suddenly whisked into the air by disks of energy.

With every hit of the bass they swayed. The disks of energy keeping each dancer in view and with the casinos floors, only adding to the shift in the casino's theme to an almost scandalous burlesque entertainment.

Dante moved off his own platform and whoever controlled the disks materialized another under his foot. He stepped from the air, straight towards the hostess- the princess, Alice. Where all around him- Lisandra's doubles or other dancers, shifted and swayed as they were organized across the casino to entertain other guests in their captivating movement.

Turn up the music cause the song just came on
Turn up the music if they try to turn us down

The lights flickered- flashed- strobed-- and Dante was before Alice the second the lights stabilized once more. He rounded her like a predator rounded prey, fingers tracing the chair, never once touching her but definitely moving with a subtle sway to his hips. Which only made the moment he offered her his hand to pull her from her seat, perfectly timed as the lyrics hit with the bass:

If you're sexy and you know it
put your hands in the air
Put your hands in the air
girl, put your hands in the air.

A gentle tug and she was off the chair and in his reach- the height difference made the twirl a cinch as he pulled her away towards where he'd descended where the waiting energy platform sat. As Dante pulled Alice away to the platform and stepped he moved her arm to his hip and around his waist and then they twirled as the circle of energy on the ground was stepped back on and slid them around, gliding across the ground away from her throne to another point of the casino where guards watched, scattered and a few gathered as they realized the disc was bringing Dante in that direction.

On the platform Dante winked at Alice as he danced a little circle with her. She was too short for him to pull anything unique- too inexperienced and innocent for him to go too far. As far as he knew he wasn't even sure if she'd experienced stuff like- well this- and a part of him, despite the fact he had her putting her arm on his exposed back and were in close proximity- couldn't help but smile at her with a wink.

They'd been in this kind of proximity during training, he'd taught her wrestling moves- using one of his forms, a female form she should have been familiar with by now- had taught her how to use her height to her advantage against taller opponents like him and Ezra- against physically stronger and more experienced opponents like him and the few people he hired to act as her sparring partners- this though. They'd never done this. He'd always treated her with a sense of professionalism whenever they trained, the friendliness he displayed like the night he'd snuck in only returned after the training was done- where he gave her critique and compliments, reviews on where she needed to work on in private when she found the time.

Dancing together, like this? He hadn't done that even with Wren in a while- not with Meirin or even Celeste yet. This might have been casual but the scene he'd created with the music, the dancers leading new guests entering the casino away- the bunny themed butlers and waitresses he'd brought in that also were doubling as security- he'd shifted the tone.

And he knew it.

The tone and setting was far different from her martial arts training- that much should have been obvious but whether she realized it or not, Dante was displaying a sense of trust in Alice in the moment they danced. It was more intimate in a way as he dipped her and then pulled her back to her feet with a twirl that extended her out as far as his hand would go and then tugged her back in to rest her arms on the same spots he'd guided her before.

He never allowed people he didn't trust to interact with his true form for long periods- and his interest in being touched by others he did not know were well-known at this point that the flamboyant Tiger preferred to keep others a distance when interacting. So dancing with her here- in his natural form, was a subtle display of him showing that he had a degree of faith in her now that was far stronger than it had been several months before their training had began.

Now, if anything did happen, he'd be closer to keep her from harms way.

" Bet you've never danced like this before huh?" he asked as he dipped her again with a hint of amusement in his voice. Though he asked, he also kept his ears open for the earpiece and any sign of communication that might relay to him from Lisandra and her copies or any of the others he'd hired. So far there was nothing.

However given the Tiger's luck lately he doubted it would remain- even as he brought the princess and hostess back up from her dip and slid his hand back into hers with their fingers interlocking.

Mentions: WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten (Rest of Team Phoenix)

Interactions: AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Last edited:
Suzerain Schema
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Hitoshi (), Merrit, Noa, Ryoma (), Suzerain
As befitting a completely innocuous-looking laptop, it didn’t explode, transform or reveal a hidden assailant. It simply lit up from her movement, and she felt a mild flicker of disappointment. Positioning her clunky shield away from the laptop, she gently made to flip the lid open. Suzerain hoped it hadn’t been locked; it would be fairly time consuming to create anything to hack into the device, and during the testing process, it might scramble the information or do all manner of things unconducive to her task.

If the laptop did require a password, she was prepared to thoroughly quiz the bar owner or Ryoma on the man who owned it. It was common to see people using passwords that could be guessed with some knowledge of the person who set it, or those who settled on popular choices such as “qwerty” or “1234”—so the chances were high that Hitoshi was such an individual.

But possibility was just possibility. If it seemed impossible to crack his device in a short time, she would move on and inspect the receipts lying on the floor.

TL;DR:
Suzu opens laptop.

TAZZ (August August)
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
THICKER THAN WATER
As he lay there with a short fellow atop of him, August reckoned that a more subtle ceasing of his cyclone would have been ideal, but dwelled on it no longer than he had time to recognize said fellow as a Serpent. He recalled the bayoneted rifle and flashes of yellow in his peripheral as they charged the warehouse.

“I wish I could've drank milk when I was younger,” said the boy. August raised a brow, pulled up his goggles, and craned his neck to look at him. He thought sarcastically to himself, Tragic. Not yet comfortable enough around this group to speak what was natural of him.

“I'm so small I could be a bird.”

This time, August exhaled a sharp chuckle against his will, but immediately adopted a serious expression—as serious as he could manage—and only then did it seem the boy recognized their situation. He rolled over—August’s eyes watching, carefully, the bayonet—and offered an apology.

Pulling his ski-goggles off entirely, August shook his head. “Eh, ‘t’s o’roight. Wouldn’ be tha f-”

The Serpent interrupted, urging him to wait, and August quieted, curious but also concerned. Had he recognized him as a Tiger, perhaps, and would now declare him a foreign mole without knowing the full story of why he’s here? Seek out retribution against him?

What an unsettling circumstance. But it wasn’t like he hadn’t been expecting it to some degree.

Just then, the black-and-yellow haired Serpent disabled an incoming opponent and asked the question, “...do I know you from somewhere?”

There it was… Though, August’s ears were too busy ringing by the powerful gunshot that was fired at so close a distance for the other’s words to register.

“Did we go to school together?”

Wot?

August blinked, momentarily struck by a bolt of dumbfounded silence. That wasn’t what he was expecting.

Based on the description given, there were a few people he could recall, but, also, August had kept mostly to himself during his school days, staring at his phone or other… browsing the digital market for trinkets and valuables. There was Camila and Chol, and Gina came after graduation. On top of that, he grew up in the West and, by a cloud of slow-wittedness, failed to consider the possibility that so did the boy on top of him.

“...N-No?” he finally said. Then, “Uh- Ah- Ah mean… Maybe?” he amended, jesting thereafter, “Been told ah’m hard t’ fuhget.” No, he hadn’t.

There came a pause, then, before August strained an awkward smile, starting to grow uncomfortable by their… bodily arrangement, and he put a hand on the other’s shoulder, applying a bit of pressure to urge him off, else he couldn’t think straight enough to recognize him even if he wanted to.

“Sorry, mate. Puhsonal space an’ all… if ya don’ moind…” He was a hypocrite in that sense, tending to invade people’s bubbles as he pleased if no threat was readily apparent to spur him not to.

Regarding these guys, their Serpent status was threat enough.

All of the sudden, within the moment he got to his feet, August was already stumbling backward when the blustery arrival of a winged woman took him by surprise. However, he hadn’t forgotten where he was and what they were doing here.

With a whistle that grew in pitch, the woman’s wings unleashed an abundance of elegant yet viciously sharp feathers like the one he’d evaded before, and while August’s first instinct isn’t usually to be the hero unless driven by some ulterior motive, he lurched forward without delay and pulled the black-and-yellow haired Serpent close—into a rather less-than-warm embrace, for one might describe it as more of a choke-hold than anything.

Hair was sent a flurry when a dome of wind erupted around them, somewhat unlike the massive cyclone he’d earlier produced. The fast approaching feathers rebounded off its hard, rotating exterior—and August was forced to shut his eyes from any kicked up dust or dirt, for he’d taken no time to don his goggles in advance but clutched them tightly in one hand whilst clinging to the shorter Serpent with that same arm.

Had there been enough time, August would have warned Peyton to watch his breath, for the abrupt cyclone could sap it away if unprepared. But, alas, there had not been.

Anticipating another attack just in case, when August allowed the dome to cease, he adjusted his hold on the smaller Serpent and leaped back, creating some distance between them and their new adversary. “Oi, is it somethin’ ah said, mate?... ‘Em some noice wings ya got theh,” he complimented, letting Peyton go to open his arms as he continued, “Don’t take it ‘chu’d be interested in talkin’ ‘is out, ay?... Ain’t got money t’ give, but if ya loike fun facts, ah’ve got plenty 'a go around.”
AUGUST/POST NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (See post image) White turtleneck; Teal jacket; White pants; Black shoes + Earrings, and ski goggles around his neck

— —POST RECAP: August is tackled by an unsuspecting Peyton. Peyton recognizes August from high-school but the recognition is not reciprocated. Peacock moves in to attack August. August defends himself and Peyton, creating distance between them and Peacock, then he tries to reason with Peacock... Though, not really. He just doesn't know how to be serious.

Beann Beann (Interacting w/ Kyoden) Lucem Lucem simj26 simj26 Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel @Kyuubey

Roza Grigorievna
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 3: Scene 2 [Tactical Mayhem]
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Ashley, Gideon, Roza, Tatsuya, Inigo, Eric, (NPCs)
[Tactical Mayhem]

Having kept the route from the first to the 2nd floor open, Roza found herself with very little else to do, or rather she found there was little time to do much else. It would only be a few minutes till the area was swarming with officers once more, and in spite of the "insurance policy" of destroying the Police HQ, she very much doubted they would just allow this to happen.

She had her mission, but it seemed already things were deviating, judging by Boltius passing through her sector, eyeing him up as he went for the stairwell, Roza leaves her position and sticks her head in and ponders asking if he needed her help. If he had, he would have spoken up, or so she reasoned, for now she had her tasks on the first floor, now that she secured the local lockdown controls. Now it was time for her mission, but a slight detour first. Heading down to the first floor via the northeastern stairwell, and down the hall to uniform depot 2. With everyone being out or trying to hold more critical areas, Roza took a couple minutes to dig through the racks and put together a couple patrol uniforms as well as a tactical uniform with its balaclava, putting on parts of this uniform, she would keep the bits of it in a separate bag ready for use should the need arise, to play havoc on police lines or to escape when the time came.

Satisfied with that and trusting the jamming to have delt with the camera's, the former soldier now makes way southwest past storage and the wellness center, SMG at the ready as she took corners carefully, or ran along walls in part of the sections. Now for her next part of the job...

Interactions/Involved Parties: Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Nobody Special Nobody Special Roda the Red Roda the Red Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Lucem Lucem simj26 simj26

KYODEN
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
THICKER THAN WATER

It wasn’t the first time he had experienced being flung around in combat, he was almost sure it had happened a couple of times in the past. He was always fine after every time so he didn’t think much about it this time. However, as the pain in his head gradually increased, Kyoden took a few steps back, nodding in acknowledgment to August. “Yeah…yeah — I’ll just collect my bearings…here…” He muttered more to himself than to the rookie as he pressed his back against one of the many warehouse shelves nearby. It didn’t sit well with him to kick back and relax while the others were fighting, they were all here to rescue Raphael.

Rather than wait for his weapons to be returned, Kyoden took a deep breath and took in his surroundings. The man that had flung him across the warehouse was now shrouded in fog after calling out for reinforcements. Everyone seemed occupied with the new adversaries so instead, he turned his head to look towards the unexplored areas of the warehouse. This wasn’t a raiding party, he reminded himself. It was a recuse mission. So, instead of waiting to rejoin the fray, the confused Serpent started to venture deeper into the unknown to search for his friend.

Seer.png
The fog that rolled in didn’t faze him — he was blindfolded after all. The tattooed man, Seer, grinned at the escalated sounds of chaos that followed with the introduction of his comrades. It was music to his ears! Following the ‘music’, his attention refocused on the daring Serpent in front of him as an audible crackle made itself heard. He braced himself as the Serpent closed the distance between them at an impressive speed. Rather than attempting to dodge or deflect her attack with the blade, Seer pressed his ear to his shoulder as the cold metal sliced against his neck — stopping any further momentum from fully decapitating him. The blade was lodged in — about a few inches deep — enough to make any regular person frantic over their life.

“Bold of you to assume —” Seer grinned as another Serpent dispelled the fog surrounding them, revealing Romero’s true artwork. His forearms glowed once more, this time with his hands following as the markings took shape of two sickles with chains attached to their respective ends. “ — that I’m not already dead.” He yanked his neck away, dark blood flowing out of the deep wound that had been afflicted. Rather than go on the offensive, he threw his sickles high up, latching onto Romero’s monster. Seer blew Sabrina a kiss before the chains decreased in length, pulling him up to ride the beast.

“Magnificent work, Romero! Truly a beauty —!” Speaking of, where was his prized pet he was so desperately wanting to tame?

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 3: Scene 3 [The Sun in The Gutter]
PARTICIPANTS:
Darius, Mimi, Orion, Reese, Rutheless, Sang-Cheol, Yuna, Yuto
Sun In The Gutter

Sang-Cheol and Gerda burst the door open and headed to the loading bay. They were passing by groups of workers taking their firearms along the way. Debris and broken windows lay in front of them. "Say, Gerda, who was in the loading bay anyways?" Sang-Cheol asked his partner.

"If I believe correctly, along with some live interns, the most notable ones were Yuto and Mimi."

A sigh escaped from Sang-Cheol. "Well, we can't have them dying. Otherwise, we'd get knocked out for a week." How fantastic this would be. The best evacuation course would be to evacuate everyone down to the lower floors. Because eventually, that will happen. Also, getting bombarded by some outside force was troublesome. Only when the sentry in the marsh was activated was there a good way to deal with them.

Suddenly blades of light came rushing through the external walls. "Woah!" Gerda yelped as Sang-Cheol pulled her out of the way. Some were not so lucky, as a few workers had a combination of limbs lost from the attack. The blades splintered off, which allowed Gerda and Sang-Cheol to recover.

"I guess that's one of our enemies. Rebecca will have to deal with that." Sang-Cheol whistled. They were close to the loading bay. They needed to head over and get into the loading bay.

The pair entered into the loading bay. "Everyone are you, okay?" Gerda said calmly as she looked into the loading bay.

//code end[/comment]

Last edited:
Sophia Ingram
SCENE:
Arc 3: Dragons Scene 1 [Securing The Future]
East District, Tech Expo, place where the amogus
PARTICIPANTS:
Sophia, Jesper, Kasumi, Amari
Securing The Future
Itching to get out and do something, Sophie ignored Jesper's word choice on "sussing out the killer" as he explained the situation's priorities. Finding the killer was more important than the override. A little more interrogation after the investigation would get there. Naturally, speed was of the essence. Simple.
So she focused less on Jesper's words and more on his actions. The young man's nerves were plain as day. His face tried to betray no emotion, but trying was as far as it got. Poor kid. This was probably his first time really seeing death. In person, of someone he knew as a person. Infinitely different from shooting down people on a screen, whether they be digital or real ones.
Watching and waiting as he double checked the suspects, she considered having another drink from her bottle. She was going to need all the liquid the thing could hold, and a refill. Maybe two or three. So she had a sip. More bitter elixir. Beautiful. Sophie listened as Jesper and Amari spoke aloud what she had thought to herself. They chose to interrogate the nearby Ariadne. Part of her wanted to stick along with Jesper, and more importantly also stick with Amari. But rationality won over her gut instinct.

Maybe I should follow with them...no. Amari is enough protection for Jesper. I should go investigate elsewhere.

Her decision set, Sophie exhaled. She opened the door of the meeting room and quickly stretched. Already moving to leave, she turned to talk over her shoulder, explaining her plan.

"If you two are going to go there, I'll split off to check somewhere else. I want to talk to Griffin, but Vasya is on my path there. He seems interesting as well, so I'll stop with him for a bit. And Zhou's also with Griffin, so I could get to three of them. Let me know who else you decide to go for when you can."

She was already halfway out the door by the time she finished her last sentence. Sophie already knew the map of the convention like the back of her hand. Again, she had weeks of planning and a need to do it right. Time to get to work–

Oh wait. One last thing. Sophie poked her head back in through the door. Share a little fuel with the others. Holding out the comically large bottle, she asked, "Do any of you want some?"

NPC Post - Miles 'The Middler' Middleton
SCENE:
New Oasis Arc 3: Scene 1 [PASSERI PARK'S ULTRA PASSIONATE MELODY ONSLAUGHT]
PARTICIPANTS:
Florence, Pascal, Gavril, Milo, Dimitri
PASSERI PARK'S ULTRA PASSIONATE MELODY ONSLAUGHT
The contest chatted lightly amongst themselves, shifting about the stage and settling into an assortment of small, ephemeral cliques. That was good.

Behind the scenes, a fleet of interns bustled about in a hurry. Some carried cameras on their shoulder, collecting as much B-Reel footage as they could, while others worked more intricately, gearing the converted mall's various challenges up for activation. Mile's phone buzzed incessantly, drinking in a steady stream of updates from each different department involved with the show to come. He kept a steady eye on the incoming messages, and on occasion dispatching one of his own wherever it was appropriate.

Time ticked by steadily, and within a few more minutes, the last of the green lights he'd been waiting for came in. Below, the challenges and contraptions that littered the mall now buzzed with mechanical and neon life. The production crew now flanked them, ready to capture whatever scenes of embarrassment or triumph that presented themselves to them. Miles shot out another wave of messages, instructing the various gamemasters and machine operators, to ready themselves for their oncoming victims, and then one final one to the show's absentee proprietress.

'We're gearing up now, wish us luck. Hope you'll be able to make it for the finale.'

"Alright, alright, alright!" Miles spoke into the microphone without warning, and his voice boomed throughout the mall in its entirety. The cameras had refocused on the contestants some time before, keen to catch their reaction to the game's start. "I hope you're all ready, because it's juuuuussssttt about time for us to get going!"

Beneath the contestants' feet, the stage-shifted. An intricate network of gears, wires and springs, shifted into position, pulling the stage down into itself, and causing it to ripple with tension. Ferried off by mechanical tracks, the stage's walls shifted, folding into themselves creating a wide, open clearing which overlooked the mall below. Miles, with a skip in his step and a smirk on his face, sauntered offstage, ringing off a list of instructions as he went.

"So, this'll be a bit different than the preliminaries, folks! We've been hard at work setting up all the trials and challenges that we could think of for you guys, but- Oh no!- We just had too many! So, instead of doing them all, we'll be letting fate decide!" He snapped his fingers, and another section of the set shifted, revealing a set of multi-coloured pipes which vanished into the floor below. Beyond the open window, the more keen-eyed contestants could spot them re-emerge from the walls, running throughout the mall like a network of gum-drop veins, eventually cutting off to dump the contestants within one of the exhibits below. All the while, the stage continued to build tension.

"And I know what you kids are thinking- 'Wow! So many choices! How could I eveeerrrr decide?'- Well, I've got great news for you all! You won't need to!" He snapped once more, and then all of the stage's collected tension was released. It launched up, and forward, momentarily revealing the mechanical innards that lay beneath it. The contestants, short and tall, strong or weak, famous or not, all careened through the air as equals, hurtling towards their candy-coloured fates at an alarming pace.

"Alright, folks!" Miles cried, with glee in his voice. "See you all on the other side! Stay safe! And watch out for the wildlife!"

RURIKO IKEDA
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 3: Scene 2 [Hunting Filth]
PARTICIPANTS:
Silva, Laura, Ruriko, Schroeder
HUNTING FILTH

Ruriko slowed down her march as the other female dragon, Tetra, asked for their codenames. Was it really such a good idea to involve a rookie in this matter? She resisted the urge to give the four-armed woman a look of disdain, but before she could reply to her, Schroeder immediately got to work on that fire. Ruriko flinched slightly at the sudden shots that were fired from the old man’s shotgun, watching as he blasted through the woodlands. The sound of explosions followed after and then shortly after, a sound of an alarm — that was their cue to act now. “Portal Keeper.” She hadn’t forgotten Tetra’s question from before, wanting to make communication through what she assumed would be a mess easier. Ruriko then turned her attention back to the fence that surrounded the warehouse, waving a hand as two portals were created — one in front of them and one just past the fence for them to get through with ease. “Remember: stay close,” she reminded them before passing through her portal and out on the other side of the fence.

She waited for the rest of the dragons to follow suit but her gaze remained on the warehouse in front of them. The alarms blared loudly but she could barely make out an announcement on some sort of intercom. “Well, they know we’re here. Better go greet them.” Ruriko called out to the others as she took off in a sprint, weaving through the trucks and vans that were parked right outside the loading bay area. Before fully diving head-first into danger, she stopped short behind a van, using it as cover to scope out the next area. Peering around the corner of the van, she started to count the serpents that were pooling into the loading bay area … and lost count.

“There’s a lot,” she noted, wondering if they all had potentials or if they could just steamroll them. Ruriko looked back at the group, specifically at Schroeder. “Well, old man —” she slapped the door of the van she was hiding behind, “you’re the man for the job.”

Sabrina Felton
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Thicker Than Water

Sabrina blinked as she felt the blade dig into flesh…then stop. No acknowledgement of pain. Was he really dead? Any further action was halted as a sudden gust interrupted them, or at least her, forcing the girl to point the tip of the weapon to ground and stab, gripping tight, lest she get blown away with the rest. Raising the attraction between the metal weapon and any metallic linings beneath her feet, Sabrina’s eyes nonetheless tracked the trail of black blood as its host chained a…monster…and pulled himself on it like some sort of skilled monster-rider.

The winds that howled through her hair and rustled her clothes were a bit annoying, but they cleared away the fog, giving her better sight of the battlefield as moonlight flowed in from the damaged roof. Dead bodies strewn about. Items knocked, tossed, and windblown scattered around like the aftermath of a (mini) tornado. Walls scorched by ether/laser energy. Through it all two voices stood out.

One electronic-sounding and grating in its self righteousness.

The other…telling a story?

Grimacing as a kiss was blown in her direction by the blindfolded man, Sabrina sighed as she stretched an arm–the one with the armored-ring finger–out towards the beast charging towards their own pink, monster of a rookie; The emotional Prinz Gyoshi raging because of the lost Bloodfiend Princess.

“You’re not getting away that easily,” Metallic wires shot out from the armored ring and wound around the skull-faced monstrosity’s hind leg.

Gritting her teeth, because she could feel the beast’s strength, Sabrina pulled with whatever HP strength she could muster, though it was mainly the attractive force of her potential that kept her in place. Not that matching strength for strength with the potential-created beast had been her intention in the first place. Narrowing her eyes, Sabrina’s grip tightened around the metal wires as her voltage spiked, electric currents traveling along the metal towards her opponent. If the blindfolded tattoo user remained in contact with the beast, he would likely get a shock as well. “Let’s see if the undead can still get electrocuted.”

No longer focusing the electromagnetic energy inward to enhance her body’s electrical systems, Sabrina now focused on discharging electricity outward, the voltage steadily rising. Her body no longer glowed, but the light show was no less intense. Ideally she’d shock them into unconsciousness, or better yet second death, but Sabrina didn’t get where she was by believing in ideals. Hopefully, Pinkie regained enough sense to coordinate with her so they could finish faster. And, even as she focused on taking out her opponent(s), she wasn’t blind to the other battles around her.

The one who removed the fog by cyclone was fighting the winged Peacock with the other rookie she didn’t know.

Damian and Kinz were handling the Chessmaster and her pawns/knight.

Kyoden and the Queen…were nowhere in sight. Takaonna either, but Sabrina had seen her slip between some of the shelves…likely cleaning out some more enemies.

“Someone take care of fuckin’ Romero and his fuckin’ bodyguard before the storytelling freak makes more nuisances!” Sabrina called to the Serpents in general. The sooner they finished the battle and pushed past the warehouse defenses, the sooner they could return to the original task. However, leave enemies alone and they just come back as more trouble later. Sabrina had zero clue what went on in the warehouse Shaw was being kept at but instinct told her she wouldn’t like it much.

Actually, she did. Cold, gray eyes traveled to the black-blooded freak with an injured neck. “As for you, Deadman, answer my fuckin’ questions and I’ll leave you the fuck alone.”

Beann Beann Lucem Lucem simj26 simj26 Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa @Kyuubey

Last edited:
Rutheless Julio Hernandez
SCENE:
The Sun in the Gutter
PARTICIPANTS:
| Rutheless | Darius | Ten | Mimi | Orion | Sang-Cheol | Yuna | Yuto |
The Sun in the Gutter
To state the affection of her fellow gang members roused \nothing in heart would be the worst lie she could tell. Just about nothing in the world could make her day quite as much as a simple embrace from the young exuberant mess known as Ten. Her arms draped around them as snug as a comforter, “Ten, dearest.” Briefly pulling her into him, just a few inches off the ground even before setting him down and gently rolling a palm across his curls. Her slit irises within dull hues of dusty silver darted between their gazes in a sinuous stare, her answer bound by a slight delay as she seemed distracted by the pleasant tangle of floof that encompassed Ten’s scalp.

“Lending a hand.” A polished accent laced each sterile word, “some experimental drugs came in today. I was pitched in to help observe their effects-” A meek eye roll staggered her sentence. Much to my discontent.. Though you two- might you come along?” All too suddenly did her steps near Darius under a considerable amount of infraction of his personal space. Though her smile was cordial, it didn’t make the node much less violating as serrated talons casually loomed over his throat to finely adjust the collar of his shirt. Not a sign of acknowledgement at his trepidation anywhere in her sneer; some would believe she fed off such things~ Nonetheless, the forever lasting moment came to an end just as fast as it came once she regressed from him once more. “I’m sure watching a poor soul’s bad reaction to a few pills would be more interesting than mopping stains off the floor, no?”

Though instead of a reply of words, her immediate response was met by a deafening explosion leaving a ringing in her ears as the halls abruptly left them in darkness. Ruthe nearly fumbled to a knee as she took hold of the nearest beam of plank, tightly holding on until the ground finally stopped its quaking. Within the darkness, her lone eyes of white were no longer alone, as small pairs of beady saffron eyes slowly appeared amidst her face, and once the lights flickered back on, a horde of snakes were seen hanging from her skull. Ruthe seemed more agitated than anything as she gave a sigh, “Oh my darlings, an idiot’s awakened my sweet babies from their sleep- I knoowww..” Gracing a few fingers across their scales, her coos continued in an attempt to calm the hissing swarm of writhing serpents; initially denoting the blast to have come from someone dropping an unstable chemical or the like. However to her surprise, that notion was quickly thrown to the curb as the announcement blared alongside the alarm.

“Oh.” Her stare twisted backwards, much too round than her neck should allow, and narrowed a stare upon her comrades. There was twitch present in the corner of her eye whilst she spoke, as if she was hearing resounds of voices on the other side, something often associated with her demeanor. “Well, I suppose we’ll catch up much sooner than later, hm?” With that, her stride made purchase against the distorted tiles, “Vamos, chicos. Let those blood thirsty fight off the forefront. Someone must secure the drug haul anyway.” Ruthe wasn’t one to fight if she didn’t have to, in fact it was laughable to her, she wasn’t about to ruin her mascara by breaking a sweat- not when there were far too many bulks of brawn in the gang to do the hard work for her.

Last edited:
DAMIAN
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Damian, August, Kinsley, Kisara, Kyoden, Peyton, Raphael, Sabrina, Shinko
THICKER THAN WATER
As Damian's hand inched closer to the dazzling diamond, he heard the crunch of metal. Curious, he looked to his side, only to spot one of the animated pawns approaching him like a speeding bullet. He leaned back, calmly avoiding the shattered mass that whizzed past him before it collided with a distant wall. At the same moment, the pawn's twin covered for its master, pushing her aside and separating Damian from his object of interest.

With his hands now in his pockets, Damian held his position and shifted his focus to the new arrival. He recognized the morphed face well, more than familiar with its saucer-like eyes and rows of razor-sharp teeth. His ever-present smile grew wider as he kept his gaze on the two of them, pleased to see Kinsley and her second skin. Even after all these years, he was still fascinated by them, never getting tired of seeing what the dynamic duo had to offer. He loved it.

Before he could utter a single word to his longtime companion, Chessmaster demanded his attention once again, calling down a bright spotlight as another piece left her hand. Rather than turn around to get a better look at the newly created enemy, he continued to bend, leaning back until he could see the four-legged soldier. Its brilliant blue flames danced for him, beckoning him to come closer and sate his desires.

When a powerful wind swept through the warehouse, it seemed like the Knight's flames would be snuffed out. However, they continued to burn bright. No longer obscured by the thick miasma, its form was now in full view, no detail hidden. Unfortunately for it, however, Damian's interest had already moved elsewhere, stolen by the mighty beast that emerged from the black veil.

There was a sparkle in his pitchy, lifeless eyes as he observed the otherworldly creature, his unwavering smirk widening once again. It was a horrific titan made of husk and bone, covered from head to toe in matted fur. Even as it stood still, it pulsed with life, adorned with writhing tentacles that resembled the ones that sprouted from Damian's back. It was magnificent.

He had a strong desire to rush off, to dash toward the behemoth and give answers to the burning questions that set fire to his mind. However, he resisted, still not fully satisfied with his other inquiries. First came Chessmaster and her servants. The monster could wait for a little longer, provided that the others didn't strike it down first. Ah, just wait for me. Just a little longer.

Finally righting himself, Damian looked ahead, checking in on the remaining pawn that took up arms. All he found was a limp, vaguely human-shaped body trapped in a spire of muscle, its insides likely reduced to mince and dust. With that out of the way, he could give his attention to the hoofed combatant.

Ordinarily, he may have acted as a spectator, interested in seeing how his favorite enigma contented with the captivating specimen. It would've been a fascinating display, but he knew Kinsley and the symbiote too well to allow such a thing. He knew that the ebony entity didn't care for fire, and the Knight's azure embers posed an issue. He couldn't allow it to suffer the effects of a grievous burn.

Within moments, the scattered tentacles at Damian's feet set out to accomplish their new task. Like a pack of ravenous predators, they zeroed in on their prey, rushing the quadruped. Half of them wrapped around any limb they could reach, sticking to ankles, arms, and torso. As they bound themselves to an unwilling target, ignoring any attempts at resistance, they released a dark liquid, slick enough to throw the Knight off balance. When the remaining tentacles sensed weakness, they descended on the Knight with their massive frames, completely enveloping it in a squirming, constricting nest that applied unrelenting pressure. Unfeeling, they were unperturbed by struggle, stabs, and burns, only ceasing their vice-like hold when the flames were finally snuffed out.

The majority of the appendages continued to pick at what remained of the motionless body like scavengers, flensing skin from bone with their suckers. Only one chose to split from the pack, slithering toward Damian and fusing with his back. Its umbilical cord reattached, it hugged his waist as he walked forward, continuing his march toward the now standing Chessmaster.

Even with his limited experience with the game, Damian recognized these chess pieces. He'd seen the pawn and the pony, but he doubted that was all the woman had up her sleeve. There had to be more. More pieces, more wonders. He wanted to see them, wanted to scratch that itch that would stay with him for as long as he lived. He needed it.

Expression still set in stone, he picked up from where he left off, staring down Chessmaster with the bottomless pools of ink he called eyes. "What's next?"

Laura Weissman
[/url]
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 3: Scene 2 [Filth In The Gutter]
PARTICIPANTS:
Jiak, Silva, Laura, Ruriko, Schroeder, Bash
[Filth In The Gutter]
"Huh." Listening to the old man and his quips, Laura gives a shrug and pays attention to the rest. Her induction had insisted on having an alias for gang work, but most in this group just didn't care to bother with it. She sorta agreed with them, after all, there was no hiding who or what she was. Her arms didn't just pack up out of the way when not in use. And Orange Hair PLUS Orange Eyes weren't all that common. Why even bother with the name at this point? With her plague doctor mask on, Laura watches as the old man sets part of the structure on fire with his shotgun. "Huh nice... Err, why don't we just do this to the whole thing and leave?" Thinking on it, was the old man a NP? Or was his potential something not all that useful in combat, so he relied on guns?

Still now wasn't the time to ask, the guy with the accent was next to speak up, and he actually had a name for use in this, Pixel. "Alright, got it!" As she pondered what to do for her part, the former was already storming the place, that limited her options and the plan now was to punch through and reach their boss on the other side. Rolling her two sets of shoulders, the woman tips her hat with a gesture of her upper right most arm and looks at Schroeder.

"Don't set me on fire, gramps. Still hell of a show." As the team seemed to be splitting up, Laura lingered near the portal keeper as she does what is in her name, opening a point between the outside of the fence and the inside around the various vehicles on the inside. Seems they were going through the loading zone. Was all the same to her.

"Say, these alias things, they aren't as important as I was led on to believe, are they? Er, Laura works for me if so." As the alarm went and they materialized on the other side, the four-armed fighter remains near the two as she watched the scenes play out around them. "Oh? Has some sort of crowd control?" She says, making no real effort to hide as she stood up behind the van. They knew they were here and one of their number had gone on ahead. She just wanted to get in an bash some skulls, but she was curious what the old man could do and for that reason alone she stayed behind to observe.

Interactions/Persons of note Beann Beann Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Vahn Vahn Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Nobody Special Nobody Special WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten gxxberkit gxxberkit Misuteeku Misuteeku

Last edited:
Matsuda Russo
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 4 [Puzzling Directions]
PARTICIPANTS:
Kiwi, Matsuda, Minato, Oliver
PUZZLING DIRECTIONS
Matsuda's ears perked up as his name was called, agonizingly tearing his attention away from the German Pooch. He raised an amused brow at Minato's wording, a smirk gracing his lips. Sister? IS that what he called pets? Or was he saying... A sudden gasp of realization shot through him. He pointed an accusatory finger at the yellow eyed man, pretending to be outraged. "YOU CALLIN ME A BITCH?! A DOG HUH EGG-YOLK HEAD!" He huffed as Minato patted him in passing.

Matsuda nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden voice emerging from the puppy. His eyes shone in playful wonder, a soft astonishment lacing his voice, "Did you say that puppers?" He held the dog's face between his hands gingerly, like he was carrying something precious. "Speak to me you wondrous thing!~" He chuckled, patting the dog's head before standing up, brushing off his knees. "Got it got it." He did as instructed, reaching into the backpack and grabbing a burner phone and a flash drive. He squinted at the leftover crumbs at the bottom of the bag, slowly deriving a lone dog treat from it. Offering it to the dog, he quickly followed after Minato spotting... another Minato inside the shop. So it was a clone... or was it? Matsu scratched his head in confusion.

He called to the other two-.. three? Did the other Minato count as a third member? Whatever- as he felt a vibration in his pocket. "Hey! Order some kinda sweet pastry yeah?! Ooh~ Ooh~ somethin' chocolate filled ok?" He turned away, quickly putting the phone to his ear and covering his mouth to remain inconspicuous to the cafe customers. He whispered his understanding to Kiwi, nodding his head even though she couldn't see him (or so he thought). Hanging up, he shouted over to them, the previous covertness thrown out the window. "HEY YO! K-.. BOSS SAYS HURRY UP- WE GOTTA GO TO THE LIBRARY!" He waved them over, attempting to encourage them to hustle.

AZURE DRAGONS
SCENE:
Azure Dragons Arc 3: Scene 3 [Ripples of Stardust]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiram, Kazue, Kairong, Omar, Ottilie
RIPPLES OF STARDUST
Meeting Spot​

Whether it was in response to the fox’s attempts at liberation or the unsettling advances of Ottilie, the man fumbled backwards. His eyes narrowed, snapping from ‘occupied’ to irritated but he still refused to speak. There was a moment of extended rancor before his attention redirected to his companion.

“...I don’t think anyone should be looking after this.” The more amicable one replied, turning to Hiram. “That’s just it. What makes you think there’s an owner? This sort of animal—I’m not even sure if it’s legal or not. That’s why we were just going to hand it off to the proper channels.”

“Stop the dang thing from running amuck in public.” The other muttered.

“Yeah. Luckily hasn’t seemed to have bitten anyone yet, but the yipping has certainly caused a ruckus.” Air hissed between his teeth. “Tensions were already high at the boat without the noise and”—he walked over to the fox, and slid the ribbon off. ”...Look at that. Poor thing either roped some litter around itself or a kid thought this counted as a prank.”

The truculent man clasped the foxes snout, and cleared his throat.

“Right, right. Anyway, sorry to keep you all held up.” He pocketed the item. “I might be jumping to conclusions, but I imagine you’re headed for the resort? That’s where most of the traffic today is going anyway. If that’s the case, how about you take this?”

A meal coupon.
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 3: Scene 3 [Filth in The Gutter]
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Yuto
, Darius, Orion, Ten, Rutheless, Yuna
FILTH IN THE GUTTER
A step forward.

A step forward was all it took before fragments of drywall erupted into high speed splinters. Weaponized debris scarred floor, furniture, and person with numerous fresh slices and carved holes. Abrasions and lacerations of varying degree, impeding, debilitating, or disabling. The process of loading and unloading had come to an abrupt halt instead ignited with blackened smoke and flame.

Her eyes naturally weaned away from the newly created hole in the room as the blinding luminescence crawled into the poorly lit building.

What followed was clawed into memory despite the lapse in comprehension. Shots from the following volley invited themselves in from the structure’s exposed defenses. A blast towards the section’s center ejected slabs of the floor, plastering the walls with the cobblestone and flesh that once made up humanoid forms. Other pieces yet, deafeningly burst against the many crates and boxes being transported allowing the maimed corpses within to slide out.

Mimi herself quickly found her own body collapsed against the floor with a defiant thud. It was only in that moment when time seemed to finally catch back up. Her ears were ringing, but she could still make out the voices not all that far from her location and the hazy shapes that poured out from the hallway to her left.

Left…? It should have been her left… Where was she?

She lowered her head even with the pavement, and planted her arms to each side. After a desperate push, she swallowed the realization that it was a futile effort. Unless she was trying to show off some oddly timed yoga, it was clear she wasn’t moving, and she had an itching suspicion as to why. Her neck’s movements were limited, but she should have still been able to see it.

One of the trucks.

She couldn't see it anywhere.

Then the pain in her legs set in.
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 3: Scene 3 [Whole World Blind]
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Hector, Hide, Raquel, Yukito, Zachariah
Alicia, Dante
WHOLE WORLD BLIND

As the crew began their last few moments of chatter, Hector took interest in Zach’s setup, watching as he went over his equipment. Already he was returning to Hector’s good books with his preparedness, and despite his words to him moments prior, Hector nodded with approval now.

“Hm. Good to know. If you think he’s gonna be a threat then keep us posted on his location, okay? If he’s a Tiger then we’ll deal with him like the rest, don’t matter how much shit he can do.”

Hector turned away from Zach, though he did turn back briefly to add one more point.

“Glad you’re with us, stay focused.”

Back to the group, he put a hand on Charlie’s shoulder to bring his attention from the phone.

“OK GUYS, time to get going. Me, Temperer, Pluto. We’re going first. There’s a parking lot below the casino, entrance is on the other side,” Hector pointed his arm at the window for emphasis, “connects to the building, that’s where we’ll be approaching from.”

Hector didn’t feel the need to explain this choice. Given how busy the main entrance was, how important his and Charlie’s part of the mission was, and how much Yukito stuck out with his icy footwear, walking straight through would be a death sentence for the mission.

“With some luck, it’ll be quieter down there, and we can get Pluto a good route through the building. Use your size to your advantage, Pluto.

Gourmet, Spellbinder, follow behind. If you two can keep your heads clear, you shouldn’t have as much trouble slipping through the main entrance. I don’t want us all bunched together. Get Gourmet where she needs to be, Spellbinder, and then we’ll see what you and Pluto need to do. And Hawk’s gonna keep an eye on us all, move in closer if you have to.

Let’s move, remember to keep us updated.”

With that being said, Hector led his part of the squad out of the room, to descend the building. Once everyone started filing out, he would address his two companions for the first part of the mission.

“Pluto, Temperer, I hope you aren't going to let me down.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back