• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NCQuest: Mecha flavored action, OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Windsock Windsock
I have a question...

I think the best thing I can do in such a scenario is take everyone's plans and consider them all.

Furthermore being taken out of the game temporarily could be a nice opportunity for an OOC sabbatical or a separate plot-stream that's just an opportunity for private character development or the progress of their own side-story in general.

Launching with severe damage could also be fun but I try be a nice GM that doesn't force difficult scenarios.

EDIT: More info below

Yes, in-character MAVERICK has the technical ability to force a launch when an NC isn't currently suitable for use. Special scenarios where a Linker is allowed to use an NC that isn't theirs are a possibility, but I don't think there's 'on-loan' NC's just lying around.

If the stars align so that a Linker can't launch because their NC is being worked on, something else interesting will be thought up for that player to do during that episode.

Last edited:
Note, the 'Emperor' is even more arrogant in its appearance. Added some visual stuff.

Been having some difficulty in writing what I want, ep3 opener isn't quite how I originally planned but it'll have to do. Please expect that posted sometime today at the absolute latest.

Taking the time to re-write what I had, greatly enjoying it now. Please wait patiently while I work; I hope the end result will be as rewarding to read as it is to write.

Still not 100% happy with it, but much more content. Final pruning of the opening post, please expect it within the hour.

Okay, posted. I wanted to be a bit experimental and have some more 'chaff' and 'fluffy' stuff to set us up this time, before we immediately get into the crunchy fighty stuff.

Besides, Episode 3 is officially underway!

Reminder: All the intermissions beforehand take place in not particularly distinct timeslots; just put them anywhere you want in your mental timeline or leave them ambiguous, as they are.

Another thing; we'll be having a minor amount of regular character action before we launch, since I want to write through the Governor getting interrupted as more shit happens concurrently. I just find that deeply amusing.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
Viper Actual Viper Actual
SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
YsFanatic YsFanatic
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Aldur Aldur

Forgot to mention everybody. Anyway, some other things I wanted to mention:

Okay, so if it wasn't clear up to this point about the Handler situation, the basic idea for this episode on that front is that everyone who made a Handler character can have them in the spotlight a bit more this time; acting as mission-specific mission control while the 'regular' Handlers are sort of overall operational control. As the situation develops, of course!

Forgot to mention this, but yes, since we have a new pilot (Fosse) and NC (Janus) available that means there's technically not enough space for him in the base as described so far; so to get that fridge logic out of the way, presume Fosse's NC is stored and maintained in the same hangar that the base puts its NC transport planes.

That's all I can think of immeddiately.. besides the Queue! Queue will be back in order as soon as this first scene is done; for now, to match the hecticness of the situation, presume a fluent queue; but just as before, don't make it difficult to post after you, now!

What was the mission line-up again? Both pilots and handlers included.
Oh shit, terribly sorry about the wait! I didn't get a notification for some godforsaken reason. Anyway, the intended lineup was as so (but this isn't clear IC yet):

Operation A:
Save-Hostages-On-the-Train mission, Streuben/Emperor, Fosse/Janus, Adam/Vanguard.

Operation B:
Protect the water purifier, Azata/Raijin, Lancelot/Samaritan

Operation C:
Stop the landing and missile launch, Peyton/Mirage, Scott/Hardpoint

If anybody would like to change that, please tell me sooner rather than later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back