• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: Leaves in the Wind (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Perhaps, but I have some issues I have that I'd like to address in a long post edited into this post. As I m on mobile and mobile typing sucks.

Duwang Duwang
GMs can be wrong and if anyone wishes to discuss something with me, they are free to do so.

Edit: Also I will get posts up for the other two squads when I get home from work. I don't like phoneposting for IC if I can help it.

Ok, I'm back so I initially had one line of thought but now I got two. Anyway I'm going with the initial line to start.

So my problem is that I find it selfish. Like okay you're busy and can't post in time and that's fine. But then you're adding this comment about holding back because you have no faith in this lasting and will come around to it once it hits this date you have chosen in your head. But, you still got enough faith to want and to reuse the same group from the prior game and was organizing in PMs. So it's like, "Well which is it?"

From a GM's perspective saying that is a bad look, as it signals a disengaged player which is poisonous as it means you'll most likely flake and your posting is gonna be not up to snuff to someone who's engaging into this more positively. So why would this desire to be in your premade group be prioritized to a potential flake/bad player over someone who isn't?

That doesn't mean I'm unsympathetic to the "effort wasted on making dudes for games that will die", however I'd ask again why not present a stripped down and simplified entry . That's what I did and do all the time to be pragmatic about characters. I presented the relevant information in a condensed manner and sketched out some of the fluffy rp stuff out but not like fully elaborated cuz that can be done in-game.

Now regarding the bit about communication, I feel like it could have been handled more proactively. Yeah knight could have pm'd you his concerns after you posted your character. On the other hand I'm wondering why this stuff wasn't stated in advance via PM or here. Like my gut is telling me that if it was communicated something like:

" Hey dude real has gotten hectic for me and also, I'm kinda feeling wishy-washy about this game but I'm leaning towards wanting to play . My character's been worked out to this point. Can you help me out on the other stuff?"

Knight could have helped you on completing your character and getting you into play pretty easily.

That's just my 2 ¢.

But anyway, I can't tell you how overjoyed I am at the prospect of players leaving over something even more mild and easily resolvable than the drama that killed the last game.

04f.png

Last edited:
How about you? Since you're currently using your mind magics and that might be smarter to do than me bumrushing the rice field to get intentionally ambushed and start trashing the place.

CNHart CNHart Kloudy Kloudy you do realize that you're just upset the guy you planned things with left without actually seeing them through, right?

Because IDK I'm finding KnightOfNight KnightOfNight pretty dang reasonable here, asking for basic things such as "maybe get your CS up if you wanna play" and "provide your character with a backstory proper" while trying to advance the game rather than wait for one person. Like, you're complaining about communication and how it was handled and I don't understand why, because the GM publicly provided his reasonings as to why he had issues and left an open field to resolve them.

All he got was an extended post about how KSMI KSMI is busy, doesn't trust roleplays to not die (they always do, get used to it) and that the best one could hope for at the time is the bullet points for a character's backstory. I'm sure his IRL issues are valid but it's not a great look necessarily, and then he just left altogether without any further prompting. Y'know instead of just doubling down on "I'm busy, give me a week" which might've been fine but we'll never know.

Be honest, if it'd been me being difficult in the same way you would've raised issues about how I'm clearly a problem. If y'all really want to play together talk it out, convince the guy to stay first and see how you can actually make it happen down the line, maybe?

Damn right I’m upset. I thought I’d made that abundantly clear.

Yes, clearly, the point was that you're specifically upset because another player you liked left, and maybe you should channel that upsetness into talking things out with them and convincing them to stay/come back when things have quieted down on their end so you can actually do the things you wanted to, rather than blame the GM who actually handled the situation well far as I can see.

For those wondering why my concerns weren't voiced sooner, at first it was something I could ignore. It wasn't until KSMI KSMI said they would share their character's backstory until a week later because the game might die. That on top of everything else was just too much, I saw it as them being selfish (even if they didn't intend for it to sound that way) as they wanted to do things their way while no one else was doing anything like that.

I can look past a lot of small things, and I have plenty of times already, but eventually it gets to be too much and I have to draw the line somewhere. If anyone has an issue with this and feels it may get in the way of your enjoyment, please say so now. I don't want anyone forcing themselves to deal with something/someone they don't like.

CNHart CNHart Kloudy Kloudy you do realize that you're just upset the guy you planned things with left without actually seeing them through, right?

Because IDK I'm finding KnightOfNight KnightOfNight pretty dang reasonable here, asking for basic things such as "maybe get your CS up if you wanna play" and "provide your character with a backstory proper" while trying to advance the game rather than wait for one person. Like, you're complaining about communication and how it was handled and I don't understand why, because the GM publicly provided his reasonings as to why he had issues and left an open field to resolve them.

All he got was an extended post about how KSMI KSMI is busy, doesn't trust roleplays to not die (they always do, get used to it) and that the best one could hope for at the time is the bullet points for a character's backstory. I'm sure his IRL issues are valid but it's not a great look necessarily, and then he just left altogether without any further prompting. Y'know instead of just doubling down on "I'm busy, give me a week" which might've been fine but we'll never know.

Be honest, if it'd been me being difficult in the same way you would've raised issues about how I'm clearly a problem. If y'all really want to play together talk it out, convince the guy to stay first and see how you can actually make it happen down the line, maybe?
I
The last pm we shared you stated in it;

You make personal preference seem like it isn't a valid argumentative point when it very well can be.

So why isn't it now?

Anyways, I was pretty much over it, but people continue to drag the situation through the mud for some fuck all reason. Sure I was upset at first, but moved on pretty damn quick. That is until I get mentioned, as if to keep this entire dilemma alive when it serves to have little to no benefit right now. I feel like I'm getting mobbed when I've already stated my desire to be here and deal; I even apologized to Wizard in private for letting my being upset leave a sour opinion in the back of my head.

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight While I may dispute it on my own time, I have come to terms with the outcome of the situation. I'd appreciate it if this OOC didnt become a place for people to grandstand with how much better they could have made choices whilst in the recent dipper's shoes. In the end I had gotten over KSMI leaving, now I'm worried about how often people will have to drop paragraphs of their sage wisdom to make a point to the choir everytime someone makes a mistake or someone leaves.

CNHart CNHart
I hope you didn't take my post as being directed at you, I was simply just giving anyone bothered by my decision a chance to speak up before it spiraled out of control.

CNHart CNHart
I hope you didn't take my post as being directed at you, I was simply just giving anyone bothered by my decision a chance to speak up before it spiraled out of control.

I apologize, I know it wasn't, didn't mean to make it seem that way. I'm not bothered by the decision, but I do have issue with this situation carrying on a lot longer than it needed to. I appreciate you being interested in feedback over this decision, and I gave it: I'm over it, it's no big deal, shit happens.

Reservations weren't exactly on the table when this RP started. I don't think it's fair for the GM to wait for a player especially if that player wasn't going to afford the same patience to the GM.

Reservations weren't exactly on the table when this RP started. I don't think it's fair for the GM to wait for a player especially if that player wasn't going to afford the same patience to the GM.
It’s more a case of putting us all in a squad and leaving it to us to wait for our missing third person. It’s our choice after all to continue to plan for KSMI to be in our squad, so it’s on us if we want to wait or not. Not like it’ll hold the rest of you back.

Ooook, well sorry to break up you ladies argument. But after checking things out, Me and my friend Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool have decided to join this RP. Considering it doesn't die over whatever issues you are currently facing, would it be acceptable if me and him made a single cs containing both our ocs info? We kind of have a habit of making duos.

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight tbh, we are in a single other RP. Which is kind of slow ATM. So sooner would be better. But we aren't exactly in any big hurry. Just trying to alleviate the boredom from no replies the past day or two. Although what about us sharing a cs for our ocs?

Well I could get you in, but I may not have a big main plot related mission for you two right away. Gonna have to say no on a shared CS though.

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight it was just going to be us being lazy and adding both our info onto one sheet since alot of their info would be really similar anyway. But that's fine, also alright. We can wait a day or two. No rush, you seem to have a lot to deal with lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back