• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto AU: Era of Tomorrow OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Yeah, it was referenced in the interest check. Basically the start of the rp/ic would be upon their return from the Chūnin exams, where they would be given time to rest (essentially socializing/flashback history/etc) then soon after receive their promotions and given a new mission. (Open to ideas if you all want to talk it over of what the mission the four will be given

Ah, I was asking more about like, how long these kids have been Genin not how long they've been Chunin, my bad.

Oooh jellyfish ... that does sounds cool. I think I may leave medical ninjutsu for something she can start doing as she builds her skills? I guess it will depend on how everyone's skill level balances out, that is definitely something to consider! (The mosquitoes one looks cool too but I'm finding it hard to suspend my disbelief with the scorpion one.)

Hmm we have one support, one medium-close range weapon user... maybe a sensor type? :/ There's so many possibilities though! SO MANY.
I thought those were pretty interesting too! A nice change to the typical medical ninjutsu. Though I thought the scorpion seemed odd, fit wise. But that seems like a good build up for your character if you wanted too.

(It hasn’t been brought up yet. But this rp skill level wise would not be the ungodly level Naruto and Sasuke were given. It will be more realistic and plausible. More akin to the others of the same gen who got overlooked, like, Temari, Kankurō, Kiba, Shino, Hinata, Chōji, Ino, Sakura and Tenten, Lee. Etc) If that helps.

A sensor type would be fun actually! Just gotta think of a fighting style options to use with his sensor nin build. Indeed! So many!

Ah, I was asking more about like, how long these kids have been Genin not how long they've been Chunin, my bad.
Oh, in that case, I couldn’t answer that without knowing the history of everyone’s characters. The year they graduated the academy would determine how long they were Genin.

I thought those were pretty interesting too! A nice change to the typical medical ninjutsu. Though I thought the scorpion seemed odd, fit wise. But that seems like a good build up for your character if you wanted too.

(It hasn’t been brought up yet. But this rp skill level wise would not be the ungodly level Naruto and Sasuke were given. It will be more realistic and plausible. More akin to the others of the same gen who got overlooked, like, Temari, Kankurō, Kiba, Shino, Hinata, Chōji, Ino, Sakura and Tenten, Lee. Etc) If that helps.

A sensor type would be fun actually! Just gotta think of a fighting style options to use with his sensor nin build. Indeed! So many!

Oh, in that case, I couldn’t answer that without knowing the history of everyone’s characters. The year they graduated the academy would determine how long they were Genin.

Should we go for averages and say graduated around 12, passed chunin exams at 16 ish?

Oh yeah I was going to ask, do you think Taki has an academy? Because it's really small. I feel like maybe it didn't have that kind of formality. People learned from parents/masters and attended some kind of joint classes?

Skill levels: Yeah that floats my boat. I feel like I need to come up with some cool genjutsu for her, and then with that, the poisons/medical stuff and the plant summoning is probably enough. Then have her train with the medical ninjutsu later/during the story.

Should we go for averages and say graduated around 12, passed chunin exams at 16 ish?

Oh yeah I was going to ask, do you think Taki has an academy? Because it's really small. I feel like maybe it didn't have that kind of formality. People learned from parents/masters and attended some kind of joint classes?

Skill levels: Yeah that floats my boat. I feel like I need to come up with some cool genjutsu for her, and then with that, the poisons/medical stuff and the plant summoning is probably enough. Then have her train with the medical ninjutsu later/during the story.
Yeah that works for me. Keeps it on par with the grad ages of the canon characters of the same gen.

Honestly, it doesn’t seem like they do, since they are so small I can’t recall seeing anything akin to a academy there. So your idea I like, keeps it more real and interesting for smaller villages and contrast to the major nations.

Sounds cool! Nice character building options there with what you currently have for your oc.

Edit: Ok. I think I’ve got the right idea in mind for my sensor nin to compliment this group. Now onto the right OC/FC.

Last edited:
Honestly, it doesn’t seem like they do, since they are so small I can’t recall seeing anything akin to a academy there. So your idea I like, keeps it more real and interesting for smaller villages and contrast to the major nations.
So going back to this topic, do you think they would be a test at the end of the training? Something like the academy graduation test?

During this stage of the rp, yes, they’d have Chomei/Seven Tails. Though my knowledge of Fu and Naruto in general is a bit rusty.
Neat. I might have to think of something using that if nobody goes for it.

Anyway, right now I'm thinkin' of running with an Advanced Nature KG as a gimmick. Probably one of the more multipurpose ones like Crystal, Ice, etc. over stuff like Storm, Explosion, etc.

Neat. I might have to think of something using that if nobody goes for it.

Anyway, right now I'm thinkin' of running with an Advanced Nature KG as a gimmick. Probably one of the more multipurpose ones like Crystal, Ice, etc. over stuff like Storm, Explosion, etc.
Can you clarify the first part of your post? Do you mean incorporating the seven tails somehow into your characters history or what exactly?

And nice. Will be interesting to see which route you go

Sort of? I'd answer that question better if i had a more solid answer on to how I would play around with that other than vagaries. I guess what I'm saying is I just think it's kind of a waste if it's just chilling there and it doesn't come up in some capacity.

(Who knows maybe I'll make a Jinch sensei /s)

On that note, I prob will figure out a way to incorporate the Earth Grudge Fear into my character's backstory for antagonist purposes, since I really like Kakuzu's gimmick and EGF is a Takigakure kinjutsu. If you have anything planned for that lmk.

Side Note: Hero Water would be cool as the centerpiece for a potential plotline

So going back to this topic, do you think they would be a test at the end of the training? Something like the academy graduation test?

That would be cool. I wonder if they have civilised tests like Konoha or if it's really competitive and horrible like Kiri?

Sort of? I'd answer that question better if i had a more solid answer on to how I would play around with that other than vagaries. I guess what I'm saying is I just think it's kind of a waste if it's just chilling there and it doesn't come up in some capacity.

On that note, I prob will figure out a way to incorporate the Earth Grudge Fear into my character's backstory for antagonist purposes, since I really like Kakuzu's gimmick and EGF is a Takigakure kinjutsu. If you have anything planned for that lmk.

Short & Clear answer to a Jin oc, No. A bit expanded: The seven tails will remain with its canon character along with other tailed beasts. Whether or not the seven tails is used in some kind of story line, too early to tell, I’m more focused on the near future rather then getting too far ahead with a plot of that level. So whether it’s a waste or not is too soon to say. However if you want to create a interesting background or tie of some kind to a past seven tails jinchuriki? I’m ok with that if it makes sense and doesn’t break lore.

I will say that Kakuzu was pretty awesome and great character design. Him and Zabuza were my favorite antagonist characters and top five overall for me. Anyways, that will be interesting to see.

Hero’s water... idk, I’m kinda neutral on it. It’s been awhile but doesn’t it take 100 years between containers of it? If something is done with it and it’s voted in for a plot, we’d need to rewrite the plot line it had in the anime. (I’m open to it, but leaving that to a vote) though rewriting that plot wouldn’t be a bad thing imo, it was lacking and rather unrealistic imo. Even for a small village it was difficult to believe.

That would be cool. I wonder if they have civilised tests like Konoha or if it's really competitive and horrible like Kiri?
Good question. I wonder the same

I suppose that depends on if we want a more light rp or dark rp after all going with the kiri-like route would have a rather significant impact on our character.

I wish I knew how to quote from more than one person but I can't figure it out... I'm probably being stupid idk. XD

I had this idea that maybe the students need to have a letter of recommendation from their master/parent/teacher which is brought to the village head/council, which qualifies them to enter the graduation tests. And one of the ideas for that was a test like an escape room - where a group of the students are put into a closed area of some kind and have multiple surprise activities they have to do in order to escape - so there would be things like puzzles that test the intellect, sections you can only open by using teamwork, surprise baddies that attack you, obstacles that you need to use focused chakra, etc. to overcome. So there would be elements of danger but nothing ridiculously brutal like a fight to the death. There would probably also be a demonstration of your skills before the escape room so they could figure out what groups might work best to put in there.

Something else to think about is that they have a very small pool of potential ninjas, yet the village is known for creating extremely skilled jonin. So there needs to be a heavy emphasis on getting the best out of each individual and catering to their development needs. Maybe in that way it's less "power of friendship"-y than Konoha?

I wish I knew how to quote from more than one person but I can't figure it out... I'm probably being stupid idk. XD

I had this idea that maybe the students need to have a letter of recommendation from their master/parent/teacher which is brought to the village head/council, which qualifies them to enter the graduation tests. And one of the ideas for that was a test like an escape room - where a group of the students are put into a closed area of some kind and have multiple surprise activities they have to do in order to escape - so there would be things like puzzles that test the intellect, sections you can only open by using teamwork, surprise baddies that attack you, obstacles that you need to use focused chakra, etc. to overcome. So there would be elements of danger but nothing ridiculously brutal like a fight to the death. There would probably also be a demonstration of your skills before the escape room so they could figure out what groups might work best to put in there.

Something else to think about is that they have a very small pool of potential ninjas, yet the village is known for creating extremely skilled jonin. So there needs to be a heavy emphasis on getting the best out of each individual and catering to their development needs. Maybe in that way it's less "power of friendship"-y than Konoha?
The way I do it is by pressing reply on the posts but there might be an easier way.

I really like this idea different than the konoha way but still very difficult in it's own way.

Short & Clear answer to a Jin oc, No. A bit expanded: The seven tails will remain with its canon character along with other tailed beasts. Whether or not the seven tails is used in some kind of story line, too early to tell, I’m more focused on the near future rather then getting too far ahead with a plot of that level. So whether it’s a waste or not is too soon to say. However if you want to create a interesting background or tie of some kind to a past seven tails jinchuriki? I’m ok with that if it makes sense and doesn’t break lore.
Yeah the Jinch Sensei thing was a joke, don’t worry boss. But we’re using Fu? I see..................

Wait doesn’t that mean Naruto Uzumaki exists?

Hero’s water... idk, I’m kinda neutral on it. It’s been awhile but doesn’t it take 100 years between containers of it? If something is done with it and it’s voted in for a plot, we’d need to rewrite the plot line it had in the anime. (I’m open to it, but leaving that to a vote) though rewriting that plot wouldn’t be a bad thing imo, it was lacking and rather unrealistic imo. Even for a small village it was difficult to believe.

Yeah lmao the Hero Water arc was
dumb as hell. I would've expected more external (and internal) interest in something that is ultra rare, useful (more or less), and probably studiable (in a world with pretty advanced ninja/chakra science). Instead we got some local dude with like ten friends.

I have to say I thought Hero water was kind of lame. I was hoping we could ignore it XD
Oh yeah. Don’t get me wrong; it’s hella lame. It’s basically just a worse Bijuu Cloak in a bottle (at least at the output we’ve seen), but we can still use it for something more interesting than being a magic water bottle.

Nice idea!

Also I just do the same as Yanipurr Yanipurr with hitting the reply button on each person I want to quote and reply to. It’s easier and quicker imo over the other option of hitting the “+ Qoute” those are the only two options I know of

Yeah the Jinch Sensei thing was a joke, don’t worry boss. But we’re using Fu? I see..................

Wait doesn’t that mean Naruto Uzumaki exists?

Yeah lmao the Hero Water arc was
dumb as hell. I would've expected more external (and internal) interest in something that is ultra rare, useful (more or less), and probably studiable (in a world with pretty advanced ninja/chakra science). Instead we got some local dude with like ten friends.

Oh yeah. Don’t get me wrong; it’s hella lame. It’s basically just a worse Bijuu Cloak in a bottle (at least at the output we’ve seen), but we can still use it for something more interesting than being a magic water bottle.
Haha good. Hard to tell when people are joking in text form. But yes it does mean Fu and other canon folks exist.

I can’t remember if that was in the interest check op or not, I thought it was... anyways, there will be AU elements to this rp but mostly where our characters, village and plot lines are concerned. Also why I’m looking to avoid using any canon characters for the most part, except for characters like Fu, who have next to nothing really known about them. While plots like the one for hero’s water we can rewrite and make a AU version if desired. Other AU elements could include exploring lesser filled history villages and making AU characters and details for them. But major canon will pretty much remain.

Oh, there was ten? Haha. I could only remember Suien and his 3 Chūnin level pals gaining control of Takigakure in ways I still don’t get or remember completely. Still even with ten I don’t know how that was pulled off realistically. But, yeah, the hero’s water can be discussed for a rewrite and future plot line.

Edit: Which reminds me unless you guys disagree. I’d say we should design a replacement for Shibuki.... I’m not the biggest fan of that character, but open to this being placed to a vote and majority decision.

Last edited:
I can’t even remember the number tbh I just whipped out ten since it seemed reasonable. But three? Damn that’s worse than I remember.

Also I’m fine with writing out Shibuki’s fam.

EDIT: The Silent Z The Silent Z
Actually, the extent of AU brings up a question. If we’re not having Orochimaru, Kabuto, etc. and presumably not the Akatsuki (since I can use EGF for my own purposes), but we are having Naruto, does that mean Minato is alive still or does Minato not exist?

I ask because this has ramifications on the Third Shinobi World War and therefore my character backstory.

Last edited:
I can’t even remember the number tbh I just whipped out ten since it seemed reasonable. But three? Damn that’s worse than I remember.

Also I’m fine with writing out Shibuki’s fam.

EDIT: The Silent Z The Silent Z
Actually, the extent of AU brings up a question. If we’re not having Orochimaru, Kabuto, etc. and presumably not the Akatsuki (since I can use EGF for my own purposes), but we are having Naruto, does that mean Minato is alive still or does Minato not exist?

I ask because this has ramifications on the Third Shinobi World War and therefore my character backstory.
I went and googled it cause I was curious and memory only recalls so much after this long about one small arc. But without rewatching the movie, the wikia only really mentions those four it’s unclear through wiki alone if there were more or not, suggests pretty much just four though. But definitely could be wrong on my part.

Ok cool, one vote for replacing Shibuki.

Ok, I see there has been some misunderstanding here regarding the canon and what characters are and will still be around. So allow me to clarify, Pretty much all Canon characters will still be in this AU universe, so perhaps you could say this is only a slight AU compared to what may have been in the minds of others when they read over the OP of the interest check thread. What I mean initially was that we won’t be using Orochimaru, Kabuto, Sound five or the main story villains we saw in the series, they still exist, we just won’t be using them as our different arcs antagonists, we instead will be using our own and meaning we will have plenty of villains to create over time.

Perhaps down the line Akatsuki to some degree can be used still, like perhaps before certain members were recruited and past members we didn’t know much about were still around before Kisame, Deidara and Hidan (unless my memory of their timeline and joining the group is too far off) then perhaps we could work something else out? But for the most part all the big baddies we all know from the series will not be appearing in our storylines. So in following, the Chūnin exams went down as the series had it, third still sacrificed himself to stop Orochimaru, the wholeInvasion angle happened and etc. Past history also remains in tact. We will just be altering and controlling a small portion of the Naruto world in comparison to the five major nations and all that history and what’s to come.

So our own OC villains and antagonists, cult groups or what have you and etc. Perhaps using other smaller nations and villages in our storylines instead of involving the five majors too much. So your bio should be fine and unaffected by any changes or differences you might have thought about existing in this slight Au.

Edit: Also I was thinking along those same lines Chūnin exams wise, the trio would have been eliminated around the forest of death round. Perhaps one of the last teams to not make the cut? Or however that one worked... I kinda forget some key details there on how that round worked outside of reaching some location with the scrolls. Crayons Crayons Yanipurr Yanipurr

Last edited:
If we were eliminated from the exams how did we become Chunin?

I don't mind shibuki. He has a cute design. We can always "adjust" his personality when we npc him. XD I don't mind either way tbh.

What you described re AU/existing U is exactly what I was expecting tbh. :)

If we were eliminated from the exams how did we become Chunin?

I don't mind shibuki. He has a cute design. We can always "adjust" his personality when we npc him. XD I don't mind either way tbh.

What you described re AU/existing U is exactly what I was expecting tbh. :)
The exams essentially is just about impressing and showing enough to be considered and possibly promoted. Out of all the participants who made it past the forest of death, only one really made to Chūnin not long after, so using a loose angle and version of impressing, coupled with team/character history performance wise and perhaps a performance report since proctors keep tabs on the Genin. Would be more then enough to consider a Chūnin promotion. (Also, admittedly, much easier then working out details of a extra team with our own team making it with the others, working out how it all proceeds afterwards and etc. possibly more if making the number of fights per each more even. Though it could all be glossed over and etc, but that just how my mind works and thinks about.) We could go that route if desired though. (The idea of this rp is vote/majority driven after all)

Also side note/question cause memory is lacking of full recall. But wasn’t there a deadline in the forest of death? If so, the barely missing the deadline could be used as the elimination reason.

Okie doke

Ok cool! : )

The exams essentially is just about impressing and showing enough to be considered and possibly promoted. Out of all the participants who made it past the forest of death, only one really made to Chūnin not long after, so using a loose angle and version of impressing, coupled with team/character history performance wise and perhaps a performance report since proctors keep tabs on the Genin. Would be more then enough to consider a Chūnin promotion. (Also, admittedly, much easier then working out details of a extra team with our own team making it with the others, working out how it all proceeds afterwards and etc. possibly more if making the number of fights per each more even. Though it could all be glossed over and etc, but that just how my mind works and thinks about.) We could go that route if desired though. (The idea of this rp is vote/majority driven after all)

Also side note/question cause memory is lacking of full recall. But wasn’t there a deadline in the forest of death? If so, the barely missing the deadline could be used as the elimination reason.

Okie doke

Ok cool! : )

I'd be happy to handwave the fight section and just say that they were in and and they won their fights. TBH it struck me as somewhat bullshitty that they would go through the whole rigmarole of the chunin exams and only one character actually got promoted. I think it makes sense to give some of the runners up promotions, but if they got knocked out at the forest of death that seems too early in the proceedings to be considered. But I mean ... I don't think this is a huge deal. XD

Yeah I think there was a deadline... it's been a while for me too though.

The Silent Z The Silent Z Ah, my bad then. I was reading that as we were taking the axe to most of the canon fixtures as opposed to just kinda having all that take place somewhere else.

If you're looking for easy justification, you could just say that this takes place a year or two or a few earlier than Part 1 Naruto and you passed the Chunin Exams before the Konoha Crush exam.

(Though, if canon stuff is still happening somewhere else, I can't wait for the Shippuden Era :P)

4qOlp4A.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back