• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ๐š–๐šข ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š‘ ๐š’๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐š˜๐š ๐š–๐šŽ | open | fantasy, realistic, sci-fi, supernatural

cuzn

lucid luciel
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

โ•ญโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฎ
introduction
โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฏ​

Hello! I'm Ciel, a 20 year-old living in the United States. I've been roleplaying and writing for around a decade or so, and thought I would try my hand again at some roleplay partners on rpnation!

I'm currently unemployed and studying independently, so I have a lot of free time on my hands to sit down and write - hence this post! I have a lot of cravings and a few ideas that I'd love to try out, so if any of what you see here interests you (or if you have an idea of your own) send me a message!

โ•ญโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฎ
platforms
โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฏ​

I'm not too picky on the writing level of my partners, and writing quality certainly doesn't have to stay consistent throughout; my own writing quality and length tends to fluctuate very drastically depending on how a scene should flow or how inspired I am at the moment. Sometimes I write 7+ paragraphs, sometimes I write only 2.

That being said, I do enjoy reading other people's writing when they feel inspired enough to write in a way that they enjoy the most. I would most often prefer third-person writing perspective, though as far as tenses go I'm not picky; I, personally, write in third-person past-tense since it's what I'm used to, but present-tense (or even future-tense!) is fine with me. Whatever you're most comfortable with!

I'll do my best to match my partner's length in posts, though depending on motivation and inspiration I might write less or more than your previous reply; please don't feel pressured to match me in any way! As long as we're both having fun and writing smoothly and comfortably, I'm honestly fine with anything. The best roleplays come when everyone is having fun, so I try to put as little pressure as possible on my partners as far as flowery language or vocabulary goes.

For my preferred roleplay platforms, I'm very partial to RPNation when it comes to both roleplays and being contacted by people I haven't met before. However, if RPNation is down, or if for some reason you feel uncomfortable or are unable to use that platform, I do have a Discord that's available by request. I can RP on Discord just fine, but RPN's text formatting and lack of a character limit just tends to mesh better with my writing style.

โ•ญโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฎ
genres
โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฏ​

I have experience roleplaying in a ton of different genres and settings, and while I tend to include some element of romance in anything that I write, I also love a good platonic or found-family plotline as well! I love the fantastical as much as I love the realistic; I'd be hard-pressed to find a genre or setting that I absolutely loathed.

While I do occasionally dabble in fandom universes, I have a hard time feeling inspired for pre-existing or canon characters, and all of my fandom RPs tend to include my playing an OC. I have no problems with my partner playing a canon character, of course, but I would prefer to make my own character within a fandom universe - it seems more fun to me that way!

Here are some genres that I'm currently craving at the moment:
  • Modern-day Realistic​
  • Modern-day Urban Fantasy​
  • Historical Fantasy​
  • Science-Fiction​
  • Post-Apocalyptic​
  • Futuristic​
And, although there aren't many, here are the fandoms that I'd be open to RPing in:
  • Warrior Cats
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • The Promised Neverland (S1 only, I haven't read the manga)
  • Adventure Time (+ Fionna and Cake)
  • Future Diary / Mirai Nikki
  • Violet Evergarden
I would love to hear any ideas or preferences that you have regarding these genres, as well!

โ•ญโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฎ
pairings
โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฏ​

To start off, here are some quick pairings that I like! I'm fairly open to darker topics in RP, and I'm very open to RPing a polyamorous relationship as well!
  • Vampire x Human
  • Vampire x Werewolf
  • Vampire x Human x Werewolf
  • Werewolf x Human
  • Werewolf x Hunter
  • Contracted Demon x Human x Guardian Angel
  • Creator x Creation
  • Scientist x Test Subject
  • Obsessive x Object of Obsession

โ•ญโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฎ
plotlines
โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ•ฏ​

Here are a few of my plotline ideas that I've managed to come up with. I'll add more in as I think of them!

The Lovers, by Rene Magritte
keywords:
realistic, academia, aesthetics, classical, romance, slice-of-life, mental illness, hurt/comfort, healing

Muse A is an art student who is going thorugh the longest period of artistic burnout of their life. They're considering abandoning their art altogether due to a mix of chronic uninspiration and mental anguish, and yet when they're nearing the end of their rope, they meet Muse B, a mid-year transfer in Muse A's art school.

Muse B is a gentle, soulful person who - after suffering major physical trauma - has begun to lose their sense of sight. While they are leagues behind Muse A in artistic ability, and though they have mere months of vision left, they continue to create their art, undeterred by the hardships of the world around them. In this way, they are uniquely beautiful, and upon their fateful meeting, Muse B beomes a source of sudden inspiration that Muse A hadn't felt in years.

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

keywords:
soulmates, modern fantasy, supernatural, destiny, romance, existentialism, hurt/comfort, possible mental illness, healing, potential angst

Muse A is a spirit who exists only in the dreams of humans. They wander aimlessly through the dreams of humanity, influencing them where they see fit, and for what feels like an eternity, Muse A has existed without purpose. That is, until they happened upon Muse B.

Muse B has chronic nightmares. There's no stopping it, and there's no running from it; almost every night they wake up terrified, paralyzed by the machinations of their own imagination. A helpless insomniac and an anxious sleeper, Muse B hasn't found any solace from visits to doctors or psychologists; regardless of why these night terrors began, they show no signs of stopping...

And yet, when Muse A appeared, they did. Somehow, Muse A's mere presence was enough to stop the nightmares in their tracks; when Muse A would leave, the nightmares return, and yet when Muse A would appear, Muse B's dreams were comforting and calm. So, the two spent more time together, and in this land of dreams is where they eventually fell in love.

As dreams go, though, Muse B is forever cursed to forget Muse A's name the moment that they wake up - all they can recall is the faintest recollection of Muse A's voice, and the tingling sensation of Muse A's soft lips pressed gently against theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back